Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  $$$$$$$$$$$$$ WOW! More updates on Fiero GT Tail light lens!!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ (Page 20)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
$$$$$$$$$$$$$ WOW! More updates on Fiero GT Tail light lens!!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ by kgoodyear
Started on: 05-10-2018 07:33 PM
Replies: 1147 (65741 views)
Last post by: kgoodyear on 10-17-2022 03:55 PM
kgoodyear

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2019 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LornesGT:

I figured the clear lense would not be available but with the above pics I am wrong. I thought the Pontiac portion and lense was one piece so that delaminatiion would not be a problem. It has been so long ago I read this thread that I am now confused but not willing to read it all again. Congratulations on completing this project.

Perhaps if you have a specific question I can answer it.
IP: Logged
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2019 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will the clear lense (without Pontiac) be available?
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2019 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LornesGT:

Will the clear lense (without Pontiac) be available?

Yes! However we are not sure what the price will be. I would estimate $385.

------------------
Goody & .......George

The beauty of a solution lies in its simplicity

Rick Morehouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2019 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick MorehouseSend a Private Message to Rick MorehouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mr. Goodyear; Sir, have the first 200 sets been sold? If so I'll sit quietly & wait my turn. Thanks. Really super job, hope the return will be as such so as to keep ya working on other fiero stuff that may already be in the mill. Rick
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2019 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LornesGT, the decoration IS NOT a separate piece laminated to the lense like OEM. It is printed, creating a chemical bond.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2019 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rick Morehouse:

Mr. Goodyear; Sir, have the first 200 sets been sold? If so I'll sit quietly & wait my turn. Thanks. Really super job, hope the return will be as such so as to keep ya working on other fiero stuff that may already be in the mill. Rick

Yes, the first 200 have long since been sold. Once we get our footing with early sales we will order another 800 sets (aka P2). Our hope is that the transition from P1 to P2 will be seamless.

We are always on the prowl for new projects for GM (pre bailout) projects. Any Ideas let me know.

It is vital if you have not placed your order that you do.

------------------
Goody & .......George

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2019 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

kgoodyear

808 posts
Member since Apr 2014

Yes, the first 200 have long since been sold. Once we get our footing with early sales we will order another 800 sets (aka P2). Our hope is that the transition from P1 to P2 will be seamless.

We are always on the prowl for new projects for GM (pre bailout) projects. Any Ideas let me know.

It is vital if you have not placed your order that you do.

------------------
Goody & .......George

Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2019 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow! I've been out of pocket for a few days, and apparently have missed a bunch.
Congratulations!
dbober

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2019 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dboberSend a Private Message to dboberEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am so looking forward to these! Thank you again Keith for your dedication to this community.

Doug
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2019 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Wow! I've been out of pocket for a few days, and apparently have missed a bunch.
Congratulations!

RADAR, it's always good to hear from you. Some of my frugal friends from many months ago have touched base and it has been wonderful. Let me have George bring you up to speed.

Today Boss Man meet with CPA and cleaned up some odds and ends there. He also sent the first quarterly royalties to GM today and yesterday he send the remaining half to the tool maker to get the P1 series lenses. For those who don't know P1 is the first 200 sets and so on as we place orders, once we get established and a decent foundation Boss Man going to send a PO for the next 800!!! Where are we going to put them all????? We are still trying to work out the logistics to keep our costs down. Having our team spread out works out ok but sometimes Boss Man and I feel a bit out of touch down here in Oklahoma. Most of our time is around Detroit. -- George george@bellyacrestudios.

[This message has been edited by kgoodyear (edited 10-01-2019).]

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2019 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

kgoodyear

808 posts
Member since Apr 2014

Originally posted by dbober:

I am so looking forward to these! Thank you again Keith for your dedication to this community.

Doug

It has been my pleasure. I've made many frugal friends and learned how a little 2 seater commuter car can be so loved.

George says hey!!! Send cheese.

------------------
Goody & .......George

PFF
System Bot
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2019 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

kgoodyear

808 posts
Member since Apr 2014

------------------
Goody & .......George

wgpierce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2019 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wgpierceSend a Private Message to wgpierceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I contacted you in the early stages but have heard nothing. Perhaps because of the address I gave at the time, however I do have a US address.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2019 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wgpierce:

I contacted you in the early stages but have heard nothing. Perhaps because of the address I gave at the time, however I do have a US address.

With 20 pages of information in the forum I might think saying you "have heard nothing" as a bit of a misstatement. It wouldn't be practical to email all of my preorder customers when I can reach everyone (at least those on the PFF) with helpful information.

If you live outside of Canada or America you will need an advocate here in the states to act on your behalf. If you signed up for the lenses early on you may be in the P1 group of 200 lenses. I, however neither know what "early on" means nor do I have a name or any other information necessary to find where you are in the queue. Once you can supply this information you can email me and I will tell you where you are in the queue. keith.goodyear@bellyacrestudios.com

------------------
Goody & .......George

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2019 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

kgoodyear

808 posts
Member since Apr 2014

------------------
Goody & .......George

mptighe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2019 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kgoodyear:

Called to pay today, left a vm.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2019 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mastercard standing by .... these will be awesome on my LED demo !!!
greatest regards Keith !!!

Danyel

------------------

My PFF Store
Black Widow Build Thread 2007 - 2014
Tylers Toy

wgpierce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2019 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wgpierceSend a Private Message to wgpierceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

With 20 pages of information in the forum I might think saying you "have heard nothing" as a bit of a misstatement. It wouldn't be practical to email all of my preorder customers when I can reach everyone (at least those on the PFF) with helpful information.

Fair enough as far as what I've seen here, however you've also posted here that the first 200 have been sold. If I had been in the first 200 I would have thought I'd have received an email by now. Regardless, I think it is practical and necessary for you to communicate directly with anyone who orders from you, especially now that you are close to shipping. I mean, how are we supposed to know how much shipping is and how to pay? How were you planning on communicating this?

If you live outside of Canada or America you will need an advocate here in the states to act on your behalf. If you signed up for the lenses early on you may be in the P1 group of 200 lenses. I, however neither know what "early on" means nor do I have a name or any other information necessary to find where you are in the queue. Once you can supply this information you can email me and I will tell you where you are in the queue. keith.goodyear@bellyacrestudios.com

Also fair. I have emailed you.

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2019 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wgpierce:

Also fair. I have emailed you.

My bad; while the 200 have not been literally "sold" they have been allocated to previous customers.
Rick Morehouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2019 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick MorehouseSend a Private Message to Rick MorehouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
O.K. So I check my email twice a day to see if you have sent me the "I'm ready to ship" notice so I can follow up w/you, w/credit card in hand. BUT big BUT--will there be a pay pal or other secured/accountable venue for "your" customers, me, + a few hundred other fiero owners to use to pay you so we will receive these new GT lenses?

You can be sure Sir, we all are very eager to get our mitts on these great lenses. My "new" ragged out 86 GT needs them & I'm on my third drool towel. Don't mean to be crass or unappreciative of all your hard work & you certainly do deserve to make a buck & those in line ahead of me should be be taken care of first, we just need a way to pay. THANKS Rick
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2019 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

O.K. So I check my email twice a day to see if you have sent me the "I'm ready to ship" notice so I can follow up w/you, w/credit card in hand. BUT big BUT--will there be a pay pal or other secured/accountable venue for "your" customers, me, + a few hundred other fiero owners to use to pay you so we will receive these new GT lenses?

You can be sure Sir, we all are very eager to get our mitts on these great lenses. My "new" ragged out 86 GT needs them & I'm on my third drool towel. Don't mean to be crass or unappreciative of all your hard work & you certainly do deserve to make a buck & those in line ahead of me should be be taken care of first, we just need a way to pay. THANKS Rick

Good question: It is extremely easy to pay! I use quick books and they make it a breeze to pay. You have a little button on the invoice to "pay now" and it lets you pay by visa or MC. I even think it takes discover. As part of the Customer Experience test with GM we had to emulate this part of the experience. She did it with no problems. A couple of hours later, there was the payment in my account.

As far as our side we have done everything we can do. The lenses are enroute from China and must be decorated yet so just hang in there. GM has also not sent me my license yet even though I have done everything they have required. I don't know what the hold up is and I'm not inclined to make a nuisance of myself asking when they are going to send it. As usual, the delays are out of my control but nothing we haven't been through before.

------------------
Goody & .......George

PFF
System Bot
Rick Morehouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2019 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick MorehouseSend a Private Message to Rick MorehouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank You Sir. sincerely, NOT in a smart-ass way. I've almost talked myself into a second set, almost. Rick
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2019 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thank You Sir. sincerely, NOT in a smart-ass way. I've almost talked myself into a second set, almost. Rick

You can always place your order and if you change your mind there is no obligation --George

------------------
Goody & .......George

copperhens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2019 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for copperhensSend a Private Message to copperhensEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I pass by GM Proving Grounds everyday on my way to work. When I get my new lenses on I will have to stop by and show them off to the GM people.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2019 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by copperhens:

I pass by GM Proving Grounds everyday on my way to work. When I get my new lenses on I will have to stop by and show them off to the GM people.

Oh that would be so cool. You will have to tell me their reaction!
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2019 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2019 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Great work!

Congratulations to you and your team!
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2019 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Great work!

Congratulations to you and your team!

Thank you so much. What a relief to finally have the license. Thank you for your patience.

Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2019 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome news Keith!

But what's with the 723 day window?

Is the license like that Mission Impossible tape player?

[This message has been edited by Thunderstruck GT (edited 10-07-2019).]

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2019 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Thunderstruck GT:

Awesome news Keith!

But what's with the 723 day window?

Is the license like that Mission Impossible tape player?

Thunder,
We have a 2 year contract with GM. Now, that contract can maybe be extended but it is extremely unlikely as our Frugal Fiero Fans should be able to get their lenses ordered in that time. Keep in mind, royalties are a bit more complicated here then you may think and it is not likely I will be able to afford them after 2 years.

Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2019 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Duly noted the sad but true facts.
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2019 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You've got my pre-order. I'm still good for it.
Please send me an invoice when you are ready. (I suspect that I will need to converse with David as well. Regardless...)

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 10-07-2019).]

KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2019 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When do you expect emails to go out for the first 200?
I have no idea where I sit but I’m ready when my number comes up.
I’m assuming if someone who pre ordered can’t buy right now, the lights get bumped to the next in line.

------------------
SSFiero@Aol.com

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2019 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KissMySSFiero:

When do you expect emails to go out for the first 200?
I have no idea where I sit but I’m ready when my number comes up.
I’m assuming if someone who pre ordered can’t buy right now, the lights get bumped to the next in line.

If you want, you can email me your original order and find out your position in the queue. Yes, those that may pass, (There won't be many.) just get bumped to the next. There are others that have multiple order as well. We will decorate and ship as fast as we can but not at the expense of quality.

Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2019 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you want, you can email me your original order and find out your position in the queue. Yes, those that may pass, (There won't be many.) just get bumped to the next. There are others that have multiple order as well. We will decorate and ship as fast as we can but not at the expense of quality.

I sent an email last week to find out my place in line but still no reply. Can you give me a hint?

Thanks
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2019 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Toddster:

I sent an email last week to find out my place in line but still no reply. Can you give me a hint?

Thanks

Interesting......let's try again. Send the original email you used to order the lenses to keith.goodyear@bellyacrestudios.com and I'll take it from there.

------------------
Goody & .......George

Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2019 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Interesting......let's try again. Send the original email you used to order the lenses to keith.goodyear@bellyacrestudios.com and I'll take it from there.

Just sent it
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2019 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is great news. My financial team will be pleased------finally!!!!

------------------
Goody & .......George

hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2019 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yay! I'm #5. I got my money saved up!
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2019 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by kgoodyear (edited 10-09-2019).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock