Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  I want to help out a member, I have an idea, and I need your help. PLEASE READ!!! (Page 79)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
I want to help out a member, I have an idea, and I need your help. PLEASE READ!!! by Hulki U. My-BFF
Started on: 10-30-2009 11:35 AM
Replies: 3149 (130692 views)
Last post by: JohnWPB on 05-27-2022 03:58 PM
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2013 05:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump Away from the Archives.....
IP: Logged
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2013 05:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
tylerstoy.com (web) bandwidth usage 2308.5569 MB last 30 day 72.142 MB a day that is quite a few hits
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2013 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm still waiting on some pics to upgrade the site to html5 ......

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

Dburger

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-23-2013 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DburgerSend a Private Message to DburgerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2013 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

I'm still waiting on some pics to upgrade the site to html5 ......

What kind of pics?
Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2013 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

What kind of pics?

Who's pics ?

------------------
1988 GT
Medium Red Metallic
Manual, Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs & StuWipes

jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2013 04:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump, there are some really good people on this forum.... with all the bickering and other things on this forum from time to time, things like this show how many good there really is here...

------------------

87 GT
series 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar
86GT 3800 n/a

[This message has been edited by jb1 (edited 04-27-2013).]

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2013 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anniversary Bump
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2013 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is the thread that started Tyler's story. I am sure there will be another thread started once thoughts of summer begin again but I want to remind everyone July 2014 will be the 5th Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show. It is not too soon to begin dreaming, planning and saving for the trip to Frazee, MN. Spread the word. Those of you who have made the trip and experienced the grand hospitality of Frazee and the generosity of the Shipman family know what I'm referring to. This is an event you do NOT want to miss. See you there!

------------------
1988 GT
Medium Red Metallic
Manual, Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs & StuWipes

Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2014 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you have been wondering what the big deal with Frazee, MN, Tyler Shipman and the 5th Annual Car Show, you need to take a look at this thread. Then make plans to attend. This event make great new friends, gets you out of the house and your Fiero on some new roads. Only 60 days to go!

------------------
1988 GT
Medium Red Metallic
Manual, Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs & StuWipes

dcarrd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2014 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dcarrdSend a Private Message to dcarrdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Read the whole thing...I smiled, cheered, laughed and cried. Well done guys, well done.
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2014 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will be there with The Widow .... hope All the dream team can make it !!! To all our friends and new ones we will meet it is my and my wife Hélène a great honor to be amongst you all for the 5th edition....
regards to all my american friends be seeing you all in Frazee Mn
Danyel
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spent several hours re-reading every post in this thread.

The Fifth Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show is coming up soon.

I posted this on my Facebook a little while back, and felt it was a relevant thing to bump this thread with.

"A rising tide lifts all boats" is a phrase used to describe the idea that improvements in the general economy will benefit all participants in that economy..

It can also be used in a different way: Doing a good deed for a stranger and making them smile could mean that they in turn do the same for someone else.
The general feeling of well-being as it increases in a populace due to those random acts of kindness has the potential to make the individuals in that group happier as a whole.

It calls to mind a very specific example of this concept from 2009, the Tyler Project (www.tylerstoy.com). I was privileged to be a part of this project among a very large group of like-minded individuals. The emotional high that came from participating helped me in my life, and I like to believe that as a result of the project I was able to gain some insight into my own soul. I tell people this project changed my life, and in many ways it really did. I found myself with a focus that was outside of my own "id", a focus I had never truly had before. My life improved immensely following the build because I felt better about myself, because "a rising tide lifts all boats".

Everyone who participated was uplifted. Everyone who hears about the project is uplifted.

It is now five years later, the Fifth Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show is coming up in less than two months and I find myself remembering the details of the build, the faces of the people who participated and have subsequently disappeared from the Fiero Community. I remember the camaraderie that encompassed all of us during the build, and more importantly during the first memorial show held on Tyler's behalf.

I look back and see some negatives about myself around that time. A lot of hyperbole on my part when I wrote about the build and the show. This wasn't intentional, but more a product of my inability at the time to control my overly emotional swings as I struggled with my identity as a "feeling" and "normal" person who didn't really fit in.

There were some people who stated I made the build and show about me, which was most definitely not what my intent was nor what I perceived at the time. Looking back I can definitely see how it would have appeared with me trying to be in the center of all of it. It wasn't because I felt the need to be the focus, but because the events were truly important to me, and I wanted them all to be a success. My beautiful wife has done a lot to help me level out in my life, and I'm beyond thankful for her.

2014, the year of the Fifth... And honestly, I'm not looking forward to the car show. It isn't the cars I care about. It is the people that I have grown close to over the years. The people that helped make this event what it is today. The participants in the build and the show, the late nights at the camp fire.
The friends from Florida and Texas, California and out East, Minnesota, Canada, and around the world... And the family we have all become.. This is what I look forward to the most. The people I care about.

I owe it all to a young man and his amazing family who have opened their hearts and home to us. The tide is rolling in, and I'm ready to set sail.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2014 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MOBILE:

Check this out. This is a map of people that have logged into Tyler's site. VERY COOL!!

There is a bunch of other forums in MN that were talking about this all weekend too...

Thanks,
Chad

Was reading through the thread, remembering.
Saw this and thought is a more recent version of this statistic image still available, perhaps with all clicks to date?
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2014 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 02-14-2015).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2014 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 11-21-2014).]

Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2014 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great picture and I am thrilled a picture of Tyler's Toy made it to the deck. I hope it's not too late to point-out a small error: Frazee is in Minnesota (MN) not MI (Michigan).
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2014 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vernon8360:

Great picture and I am thrilled a picture of Tyler's Toy made it to the deck. I hope it's not too late to point-out a small error: Frazee is in Minnesota (MN) not MI (Michigan).

Good observation !!! Got sharp eyes for an old fart !!!! Joke my friend !!!

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2017 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The last post in this thread is from over 2 years ago... I'm bumping this to keep it out of the archives.

Edit: Also, this post needs 5 more posts to be the single longest thread for a single Fiero on the internet... Madcurl's Arch Rival in the Construction Zone is in the lead right now by four.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 03-06-2017).]

Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2017 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For those of you who haven't had the opportunity or haven't made the effort to attend the Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show, you seriously need to put this event on your list of adventures to make happen. It is truly a remarkable weekend starting with convoys of cars on Thursday and Friday, food and bond fires every-night at Camp Shipman, the car show in downtown Frazee,MN and ending with a parade though the middle of town on Sunday complete with marching bands, baton twirlers and fire engines. Nope you don't have to bring a Fiero, you don't even have to enter a car in the show! But if it has wheels you can enter it. One year, an enterprising young man, decorated his tricycle! Another year, a regular attendee, entered his rental car! The tricycle kid was a big hit! The rental car guy still catches flak for his entry. It's an incredible experience; one you will want to repeat. It's all about the people, the community, raising some much needed scholarship money and cars are a part of it.

------------------
1988 GT
Medium Red Metallic
Manual, Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs & StuWipes
Frazee: 2011, 2014, 2016

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2018 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump...
this should NEVER go to the archives.....
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2018 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Bump...
this should NEVER go to the archives.....

------------------

Black Widow Build Thread 2007 - 2014 Tylers Toy
My Low Profile Buckets for sale My LED Sidemarkers for sale

Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2018 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 10th Annual Tyler Shipman Car Show. Frazee, MN. Never too early to make plans. If you haven't been, you have to go. If you've been before, you know you want to go back! Family friendly! Friends, Fieros and food! What's not to like.

------------------
1988 GT
Medium Red Metallic
Manual, Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs & StuWipes
Frazee: 2011, 2014, 2016

[This message has been edited by Vernon8360 (edited 12-02-2018).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2019 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2019... The Tenth Annual. This is a big year... We had over 100 vehicles in year one, more than half of which were Fieros.

This is an important show for a large part of the community. Important enough that I came out of PFF retirement to bump this thread.

Please, if you have never attended before, THIS is the year to make it happen. The show has grown over the years, with a solid turnout averaging 70+ cars each year, word has spread, and people in nearby states know the story and of the show.

I promise that you will never forget your time at the show and Camp Shipman. Come join us.
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2019 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you don't know our story, what we do or why we do it... grab a cup of coffee and spend a few minutes with me - please watch the link below. I want to tell you a story of some everyday heroes I like to call family and how they changed our lives. Now... I'm trying to give that gift back #PayItForwardForTyler

https://youtu.be/x2AP74LUJ3g

------------------

http://www.tylershipmanmemorialcarshow.com/]Tylers Annual Car Show

http://www.tylerstoy.com]Tylers Toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2019 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hard to believe it's been 10 years!
Hope to see you at the Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show.

The Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show videos on youtube, many videos in the "liked" video section including news coverage at this link:
https://www.youtube.com/cha...J32RGZA7G5uoL-XK-Smg

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 07-11-2019).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2019 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tomorrow marks ten years to the day that people from all over the US gathered together for the first part of The Tyler Project, the rebuild/restoration of Tyler's Toy. The Toy received a new heart during chapter two of the Project a few short weeks later, and every year since then people from around the globe gather together to celebrate the legacy of love that Tyler started with his request for assistance with his 1986 Pontiac Fiero GT.

On the eve of the anniversary, please look to your family, your friends, your neighbors, and tell them what they mean to you. Look to your community and ask how you can serve to raise others up during this season of giving.

Ten years of charitable giving, raising over 30,000 dollars in Tyler's memory is only the beginning, and I challenge all of you to Pay It Forward For Tyler this year. You can make a difference in someone's life with a donation to a food shelf, a homeless or abused persons shelter, or a charitable cause that strikes you as worthy in your area. I challenge you to make a donation of any size to these charitable causes in Tyler Shipman's name and post here once you do. You don't need to tell anyone how much you donated, but I would love to hear how your donation is helping.

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2021 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Year 12...

Bumping to keep this out of the archives.
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2021 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Year 12...

Bumping to keep this out of the archives.

I remember.

Thank you for the Bump.

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2022 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A friendly BUMP to keep this thread out of the archives.

This Year the Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show will be on July 30th 2022

Link to the thread
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock