Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  I want to help out a member, I have an idea, and I need your help. PLEASE READ!!! (Page 30)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
I want to help out a member, I have an idea, and I need your help. PLEASE READ!!! by Hulki U. My-BFF
Started on: 10-30-2009 11:35 AM
Replies: 3149 (130758 views)
Last post by: JohnWPB on 05-27-2022 03:58 PM
boysatt

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for boysattSend a Private Message to boysattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero STS:

Have you done any swaps? If not and you are looking for general info, just do a search here on Pennocks for 3.4 swap. There are a couple of threads on 3.4 swaps. It will give you a general idea on whats involved.

I have done the calillac 4.9 swap, SBC swap, 3.4 pushrod swap and 3800 swap. SO i am familiar with swaps. I know these fiero's better than i know my own girlfriend.

I need info on the swap itself and a parts list
IP: Logged
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Heh... so does Fiero STS, that's why he asked.
Fiero STS

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero STSSend a Private Message to Fiero STSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.ltlfrari.com/

This should help you out abit.
cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All of the T-Shirts and Beanies have shipped. Tyler I hope you like what I sent you. Julie you have a PM.
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cornersonrails:

All of the T-Shirts and Beanies have shipped. Tyler I hope you like what I sent you. Julie you have a PM.

Sweeeeeeeet!
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would I be needed on the 21st? Seems like there is enough people going already.

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 11-11-2009).]

2.5fierose

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 136
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5fieroseSend a Private Message to 2.5fieroseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i ve been thinking and i thought of a pretty good idea i think, i say when this thing is all done and finished the weekend you guys are all down here working on it we get a silver permanent sharpie marker and under the trunk(the back lid) where its all black under neath we right all your guys names and everyone that donated things on there with the marker i think thats a really good idea what about you guys see look at this picture i think there will be plenty of room for everything http://i238.photobucket.com...2009-11-10152855.jpg

Tyler Shipman

------------------
1986 Fiero GT
Grand Am Brakes
Mr. Mike's Leather

lynxer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lynxerSend a Private Message to lynxerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Went over to Frazee Auto Body this morning and dropped off the bumper Thanks Fiero Store! Also the Alarm/astro start came in and dad just called more boxes cam in

Dave is going to tear off the front bumper today and see if anything is broken underneath incase wee need some mounting brackets or something. Yesterday Tyler seemed to think something might have been messed up. Big thanks to Dave and Karen for getting right on the Fiero what a great bunch of people. I must say their body shop is spik and span everything is right in it's place and clean. So lets not terrorize it to much on the 21st

Great to see you online Tyler!
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5fierose:

i ve been thinking and i thought of a pretty good idea i think, i say when this thing is all done and finished the weekend you guys are all down here working on it we get a silver permanent sharpie marker and under the trunk(the back lid) where its all black under neath we right all your guys names and everyone that donated things on there with the marker i think thats a really good idea what about you guys see look at this picture i think there will be plenty of room for everything http://i238.photobucket.com...2009-11-10152855.jpg

Tyler Shipman

I beat you to the punch. I have a silver paint pen I was planning on bringing.. It would have been a surprise for you.
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great minds think alike.
Four_hundred_86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Four_hundred_86Send a Private Message to Four_hundred_86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok So I have been following this thread since the beginning, and now i'm going to open my BIG yap. First, what I tink you guys are doing is unbelieveable, its truely a blessing to know there are still people like this in America. I think you are awesome Tyler, for finding new ways to connect people and for being such a strong and amazing guy. Lastly, If any of you can think of something a broke mechanic can help with please let me know.
Prayers and Support,
-Chance
PFF
System Bot
2.5fierose

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5fieroseSend a Private Message to 2.5fieroseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
o here i thought i was the first to think of it lol guess not
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got off the phone with Karen and Dave.... Several parts are needed...

Both of the vertical support pieces that go behind the aero nose and bolt to the front impact beam.
The impact absorber is good, but the plastic braces are bad. Need both, ASAP...

The Radiator Shroud/lower splash shield... The rubber material used to direct air up into the radiator... This is damaged and/or missing.
The lower metal shields should be in good shape, but if anyone has them in GREAT shape, please ship them up as well... Never hurts to have spares on hand.

Both front wheel well liners for Aero... They are missing.
lynxer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lynxerSend a Private Message to lynxerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

o here i thought i was the first to think of it lol guess not

These guys have it covered I just take directions. It is crazy how much they have thought out and taken care of.

You must be feeling pretty good your online alot today!

Movie night?
Need more swimsuit mags?
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lynxer:

These guys have it covered I just take directions. It is crazy how much they have thought out and taken care of.

You must be feeling pretty good your online alot today!

Movie night?
Need more swimsuit mags?

Bah! He's legal, racier is in order...
2.5fierose

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5fieroseSend a Private Message to 2.5fieroseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
um not tonight nick maybe friday night or something and i dont remember are we putting and sweet like racing gauges in i remember some talk about that and synthesis talk to boysatt he had all those parts fieros in fargo im sure one of them would have the front end parts
Fiero STS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero STSSend a Private Message to Fiero STSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Just got off the phone with Karen and Dave.... Several parts are needed...

Both of the vertical support pieces that go behind the aero nose and bolt to the front impact beam.
The impact absorber is good, but the plastic braces are bad. Need both, ASAP...

The Radiator Shroud/lower splash shield... The rubber material used to direct air up into the radiator... This is damaged and/or missing.

The splash shields are availible from Rodney Dickman. the two plastic blocks are for towing and are not really needed if they cannot be located. I will check my inner fenders tonigh to see if I have any aero fronts.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The splash shields are availible from Rodney Dickman. the two plastic blocks are for towing and are not really needed if they cannot be located. I will check my inner fenders tonigh to see if I have any aero fronts.

Rodney is low on the splash guards for the front, and needs to check to see whether he has a set or not.

Used works, as long as they are in great shape...
boysatt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boysattSend a Private Message to boysattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alright, filling you guys in on the new project. Its looking good now that after the car is done on the 21st that it will be either going up to my shop or down to another members shop by pelican rapids.

We have a brand new 3.4L DOHC engine in a crate and a donor 95 Grand Prix has been donated for the cause. We will be going through more of the specifics on that saturday that I am there. Much will need to be sorted out to get the swap done as soon as possible. would try to have it done in a weeks time, and Other than the 2 of us sofar it would be nice to have another couple guys with know how to help out. Need input on what parts people have used, and what works best. Is there anyone who can make a wiring harness for the car? Someone to maybe reflash the ECU? things like that.

------------------

Blue 1987 GT, Yellow T-top 1986 GT
www.FierosandMore.com This is a link to my personal web site, has pictures of all my projects and parts for sale.

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The only question is: With the engine swap.... Do we need to bother with our plans to put the new stainless steel vacuum lines, and the new intake plenums and valve covers on? What about the custom made MAP sensor cover? Or is that just wasting time and donations?

It is Tyler's car. The decision is entirely his, and I fully support it. My personal belief is that the engine should be auctioned off.. But that is just me...

Edit: Sorry, not trying to be a spoil sport... Just speaking the thoughts in my head...

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 11-11-2009).]

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow... that's a good question. He have the custom MAP cover, the newly powdered valve covers and intake manifold, the stainless steel vacuum lines, the new gasket kit, new intake manifold bolts, plugs, wires, car, rotor....... and tons of other stuff for the engine in the car now.....

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 11-11-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
boysatt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boysattSend a Private Message to boysattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The only question is: With the engine swap.... Do we need to bother with our plans to put the new stainless steel vacuum lines, and the new intake plenums and valve covers on? Or is that just wasting time and donations?

It is Tyler's car. The decision is entirely his, and I fully support it. My personal belief is that the engine should be auctioned off.. But that is just me...

Talk to Tyler and his dad about it. Jay called me and said that Tyler wanted that engine in the car. It can be sorted out that weekend were all there if needed. But if the swap is going to be a for sure, doing anything to the old engine will be useless.

The decision isn't up to me.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Again, the decision is entirely Tyler's... I fully support what he decides...

The car just won't be "done" on the 22nd when we deliver it..

Edit: You have to admit, it would sound SWEET with it in there, and move like a bat out of hell, whatever they move like.
Has anyone ever seen a bat out of hell? Do they look like normal bats?

96HawkCnvt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 96HawkCnvtClick Here to visit 96HawkCnvt's HomePageSend a Private Message to 96HawkCnvtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by boysatt:

Alright, filling you guys in on the new project. Its looking good now that after the car is done on the 21st that it will be either going up to my shop or down to another members shop by pelican rapids.

We have a brand new 3.4L DOHC engine in a crate and a donor 95 Grand Prix has been donated for the cause. We will be going through more of the specifics on that saturday that I am there. Much will need to be sorted out to get the swap done as soon as possible. would try to have it done in a weeks time, and Other than the 2 of us sofar it would be nice to have another couple guys with know how to help out. Need input on what parts people have used, and what works best. Is there anyone who can make a wiring harness for the car? Someone to maybe reflash the ECU? things like that.

Pretty sure that I can offer some help on the ECU and probably the harness. I'm doing some research. I'm looking through the link posted above by Fiero STS but if anyone has any other links specific to the harness & ECU, post them up.

Todd
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do know a swap with a crate engine would be expensive for sure. It's basically the block, pistons, rods, valves and water pump.

That leaves the intake manifold, valve covers, injectors, alternator, a/c compressor, motor mounts, starter, replacing the existing wiring harness, plugs wires, gasket kits, shifter linkage upgrades, water line rerouting, New manifolds and a custom exhaust system, all new sensors, belts, and then getting the gauges in the dash to then work with everything........ Shew

I know, as I am in the process of swapping engines in mine... but a crate 2.8 replacing a blown 2.8. Just getting everything from one engine over to the other and adding some new parts has been very time consuming and costly. I am not a mechanic, so I have my mechanic doing most of the work, and he has 12 hours into it already, engine is in now, and just needs another day to get everything all hooked back up to it and running....

You will get the car on the build weekend like almost new and ready to roll. If you then do the engine swap, its got to come all back apart and be off the road for some time for sure.

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We also need a new front Impact beam (if at all possible)...

Karen just called me and stated it is bent, and the marker lights sit too far back under the front nose.
Waiting for photos. Will post when they come in.

If anyone has a front Aero nose plate bracket, we need one..

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow that is a large frame piece, and would have to be something local, as far to heavy to ship.

I don't even know, is that bolted in place, or welded as part of the space frame?

Fiero STS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero STSSend a Private Message to Fiero STSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by boysatt:

With a crate engine the list of parts neede is going to be great. sensors, manifolds, a harness form a donor car, ecm, alternator, belts yadda yadda yadda.
Fiero STS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero STSSend a Private Message to Fiero STSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero STS

2045 posts
Member since Nov 2001

We also need a new front Impact beam (if at all possible)...

Karen just called me and stated it is bent, and the marker lights sit too far back under the front nose.
Waiting for photos. Will post when they come in.

If anyone has a front Aero nose plate bracket, we need one..

I will add to the list when I check tonight. I have a licence plate bracket.
boysatt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boysattSend a Private Message to boysattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

With a crate engine the list of parts neede is going to be great. sensors, manifolds, a harness form a donor car, ecm, alternator, belts yadda yadda yadda.

we have a 95 grand prix 3.4 dohc donor car that was donated by a salvage yard. has everything still on it.
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So do I bring the intake and covers?? If it is a 3.4 swap I could sell the new covers and intake and donate to this cause. I would personally buy them . I honestly think the 3.4 swap would be the way to go. It would be a shame if tyler spun a bearing in his new ride. Let's face it. A 18 year old and a 2.8 don't get along. (I know from experience).
PFF
System Bot
boysatt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boysattSend a Private Message to boysattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i have a good front impact beam if needed.
2.5fierose

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5fieroseSend a Private Message to 2.5fieroseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
how about we just discuss the whole engine swap thing lets discuss the weekend of the 21 st the only thing that would be nice is i ll have a better than new fiero inside and out with 140xxx miles where if i put the new engine in it it would be good for a long long time but will see i just dont want anyone that donated things for the engine to feel bad will talk about it that weekend sorry you guys for this inconvenience

Tyler Shipman

------------------
1986 Fiero GT
Grand Am Brakes
Mr. Mike's Leather

87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tyler. I would go for the swap! I can talk to our local junk yard and see about getting 3.4 covers and intake. Remember this is your car. And the map cover. Without sounding "mean" we could cut the backing off so its a thin plate then rivet it to the car some where...
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

how about we just discuss the whole engine swap thing lets discuss the weekend of the 21 st the only thing that would be nice is i ll have a better than new fiero inside and out with 140xxx miles where if i put the new engine in it it would be good for a long long time but will see i just dont want anyone that donated things for the engine to feel bad will talk about it that weekend sorry you guys for this inconvenience

Tyler Shipman

Tyler, this is your baby... I did not mean to shoot the engine idea down. That wasn't my intention. Please accept my apologies.

This particular build weekend is specifically about the car as a whole, with the exception of the new engine...

My suggestion at this stage... Get the engine running right, and don't worry about the engine cosmetics (valve covers/intake)... Antuzzi can use them himself, and we'll stick that nice shiny new 3.4 in the car as soon as we possibly can..

The MAP cover can be made to fit the new engine as a trim panel over something.

We won't worry about any major upgrades to the engine, other than getting things running, and a fuel filter and stuff..

Do the 3.4. The extra stuff we can sell off and the funds for those items can go back towards you and your family to cover expenses..
Does that sound fair?

boysatt, how soon can you get an impact beam to Frazee? It may need to be cleaned up and painted, so the sooner they get it, the better.
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I said I would buy them. I don't want to prophet of this in any way. How much does a set of valve covers go for nowa days?
michelle_b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for michelle_bSend a Private Message to michelle_bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was just wondering...can we get the meet and greet put on the calendar on Tyler's website? Friday, Nov. 20 @6:30 That way anyone that views that can see it..Thanks you guys!!
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

I said I would buy them. I don't want to prophet of this in any way. How much does a set of valve covers go for nowa days?

No, I never even thought you'd profit. LOL
Sorry I did not clarify... You can use them, so buy them from the "project" and put that money towards the the benefit fund... Not sure on pricing, but since they are freshly powder coated...
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002

Originally posted by michelle_b:

I was just wondering...can we get the meet and greet put on the calendar on Tyler's website? Friday, Nov. 20 @6:30 That way anyone that views that can see it..Thanks you guys!!

Done.
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lol. Me and my spell check got in a fight over the word profit. So is there anything else I can bring besides wiper arms?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock