Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  I want to help out a member, I have an idea, and I need your help. PLEASE READ!!! (Page 8)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
I want to help out a member, I have an idea, and I need your help. PLEASE READ!!! by Hulki U. My-BFF
Started on: 10-30-2009 11:35 AM
Replies: 3149 (130758 views)
Last post by: JohnWPB on 05-27-2022 03:58 PM
wakejul

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wakejulSend a Private Message to wakejulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi, my name is Julie Wake. I am a teacher at Frazee and also the senior class sponsor. We are a small school with about 70 kids in each class and Tyler is a much loved senior of all of ours. To say what you guys are doing blows our minds is an understatement and the teachers of Frazee would like to do something for you. We would like to supply a meal for you while you are here working. If maybe as the day gets closer you could give me an estimate of how many of you are coming and where you would be working we would take care of the rest.

Thank you so much for your kind hearts. There is surely a place for all of you in heaven.

Julie Wake
IP: Logged
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW! Thank you for that Julie. Right now the count is around 15-20 people. This town of Frazee really knows how to come together as a community. I wish our town knew what that was like.
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DeLorean00:

Do you have a paypal address? I skimmed the thread but might have missed it. Money is really tight for me right now, but this forum has help me when I was down so I would like to give something. Let me know. I will see what I can give.

synssins@yahoo.com

Everything helps!
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
Paul McKibben of Fierosails.com has agreed to donate the replacement banner for the windshield.

Thank you Paul!

lynxer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lynxerSend a Private Message to lynxerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys! The "closest" airport is Fargo, ND but its kind of a toss up sometimes the ticket is 200.00 more to Fargo and sometimes it is 100 less!

Julie! I didnt go to Frazee school, but I always knew you were good people We really appreciate it! Isn't it cool that all of these guys are coming together for Tyler way up in Frazee!!!! If you have any questions give me a call 218 530 0202!

Can't thank the rest of you enough for all of the donations, parts and time you have and have offered to donate to Tyler.

Nick
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok everyone...

Hulki started this, he is the mastermind, I am just the evil henchman on the scene...

BUT, Bobby (fieroguy123) came up with the title "The Tyler Project", and I have dubbed the car "Tyler's Toy"...

I refuse to be gainsaid on this. These are the names we are sticking with for both the event and the vehicle...

Since Tyler and his family are following this thread, and I am pretty sure they are still in disbelief over what is happening, I have decided to put a list down of what we plan to do with the vehicle, and what our final goals are...

Many of us will arrive on Friday evening, with the goal of starting the car on Saturday.
The vehicle will need to be in the workshop on Friday night so that on Saturday it is all warmed up and ready to go. It should have the new windshield by this time, and all parts should be in.

Saturday morning, the dash, seats and headliner will be coming out. While the dash is out, the alarm system/remote start will be installed. This will have to
be a rush job, so while the electrical connections will be solid, wrapped and ready to go, the wiring may not be the cleanest. But it will work.

I am still waiting to find out if we have a four channel amp coming for this. If so, then I will be running new speaker wiring for the front speakers while the dash is out.

We will install the replacement dash, and install the new front speakers. Then, the cabling for the rear speakers will be run down the B-Pillars to the amp location, and all necessary cables for the amps will be run. The rear speakers will be mounted.

The rest of the dash and cluster will be replaced at this time. The headliner should be freshly recovered by this point in the game, so we will then reinstall that, and the rest of the interior trim. The sub box will be mounted under the dash, with the wiring for it in place.

While this is going on, one of our more experienced members will be rebuilding the headlight motors. (They work, but in order to prevent a failure as soon as the car is done, we will be installing new gears and bumpers from Rodney Dickman.)

Assuming all of the engine parts are on hand at the time, someone will be in back tearing into the motor to replace the injectors, and the intake plenum and manifolds.

This will include a new O-Ring for the distributor.

The seats will be reupholstered around this time, and will be set aside for reinstallation at the last possible moment.

The stereo will be mounted in the dash and connected to the amps. If the main battery is connected, the sound system test will be performed, with some fine tuning.

The ground effects for the driver's side will be put in place when all of this is done.

There is so much more we will be doing to the car, but this is a teaser for the planned event.

Thank you all so much for your participation. I am excited about this!
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love it. This is why this forum is the greatest.
VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a thought here...........

I live in Moorhead, MN here..............

Fargo/Moorhead is 50 miles from where the build will take place.

Moorhead, MN is a sister city to Fargo, ND meaning we are border towns, seperated only by the Red River of the North.

If someone is flying into Fargo and needs to be picked up at the airport and such I can help.

Just need to know time and where to destination.

Steve
N3M3S1S

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just sent Synthesis some money paypal. It's not a whole lot because I'm kind of broke myself, but it's at least good for gas or meals or something. Friday when I get paid I'll try to chip in more.
fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks n3m3s1s, everything helps. And I can't believe the school teachers are gonna show up and feed us!! That's so cool, good ol' down home cookin, mmmmm!
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

BUT, Bobby (fieroguy123) came up with the title "The Tyler Project", and I have dubbed the car "Tyler's Toy"...

Agreed. Excellent choice of names!

Thank you, Synthesis and others, for taking this project to the height that it has achieved. When I first posted this, I was honestly just expecting to be able to get a new front bumper and maybe a few other little parts. I had no idea it would turn out like this! My heart is all warm and gooey 7000 miles away from home! I can't wait to come home, and fly with Pat (katatak) to MN, meet Tyler and his family, and see this car. I am sure pictures will not do the car justice. Thank you to all for all of your hard work and effort that you have put into this. You have all gone way above and beyond the call of duty here, and I salute you all.

Andy
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by N3M3S1S:

I just sent Synthesis some money paypal. It's not a whole lot because I'm kind of broke myself, but it's at least good for gas or meals or something. Friday when I get paid I'll try to chip in more.

Everything counts!

$20.00 from n3m3s1s.

Total donated. 390.00
Total spent: $100.00
Itemized spending:
Windshield $100.00

Total balance remaining: $291.96
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Synthesis PM sent regarding something that has come up.
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man, if I was rich I would fly everyone out there right now so we could get started tomorrow. I am so excited to be a part of this and I just can't wait to get my hands dirty. So I'm gonna go break something on my car so I can have to fix something. Lol
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Synthesis PM sent regarding something that has come up.

PM received and responded to. That should be suitable for what we need.
Also, PM received about the other thing.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
I called The Fiero Store, and had them go ahead and "cash in" the gift certificate for the Aero Nose, as we want to make sure we have it on hand for the event.

I spoke with Roseanne, and the new Aero Nose will ship today to Nick.

Nick, when that comes in, please call me at 612-605-8993, as I will need you to put it in the shop and let it warm up for a few days/weeks.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
Someone tried to call, but your phone was messed up. Try again.
FastFieros

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 265
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FastFieros will donate $50 paypal toward the $$ burden.

http://www.fastfieros.com
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FastFieros:

FastFieros will donate $50 paypal toward the $$ burden.

Thank you!
Donations received: $440.00
Total spent: $100.00
Remaining balance: $340.00
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you Lloyd! List updated. PM sent by mistake.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hulki U. My-BFF

5949 posts
Member since Apr 2008
Have we come up with anything for the taillight and the radio/HVAC surround? Anybody have one or both?

EDIT: PayPal address for donations has been added to original post.

[This message has been edited by Hulki U. My-BFF (edited 11-05-2009).]

PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ideas:
If the windshield is coming out, maybe do the dashwork while it is out?
(Unless an autoglass cmopany is doing it and needs an in and out quick job.)

If flying into Fargo is an option, it should save time, it is less than 1/3 the distance from Frazee than Minneapolis is.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know how current Paul Vargyas's parts list is on his website, but he has the surround for $30.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Karen from Frazee Auto Body and Glass called me.

Frazee AB/G has donated shop space in town for the rebuild, and has also donated all paint, materials and labor to repaint the car.

They have a large area to work in, a very nice body shop, and room for tables/chairs for refreshments and meals.

I love small towns!
FastFieros

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 265
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see the $$$ burden higher, so I added a little more $$ ( $75 )

Good luck on the build, and good luck to Tyler and family.

Loyde

[This message has been edited by FastFieros (edited 11-05-2009).]

fyrebird68

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fyrebird68Send a Private Message to fyrebird68Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I paypal'ed a donation.

Bob T.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you Bob and Lloyd!
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lloyd bumped the donation from 50 to 75!
This brings the total donated to 465.

Bob Trimpe has also donated $10.00 to the cause. This brings us up to 475!

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 11-05-2009).]

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello all ......
I will need a high resolution picture (2048x1536 or better) of Tyler's car... I will make his PFF signature but I did this one while we are waiting completion of the car. If Tyler and family has suggestions or mods for it please contact me !! ( webmaster (at) phantaziagrafx (dot) com ) .... I will be sending some money via Paypal to Synthesis ASAP.... A heart felt thanks to all of you who are going to work on Tyler's car for us who cannot make it..... I wish I could be closer, would be there in a heart beat. Please list the nicks of all who will be there and also the people who have donated ...... big + to them ... Looking forward to reading the thread -- The Tyler Project ---
your canadian friend
Danyel AKA The Black Widow

( edited for spelling mistakes... Teachers are reading )

Here is the starter siggy .... send a pic once car is completed

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 11-05-2009).]

kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Thank you Lloyd! List updated. PM sent by mistake.

I ALWAYS know Lloyd was a good guy. Whatever past problems he had, and whatever complaints he got from others PPF members, his donations rectified those past issues. Thank you

Cordially,
Kevin

DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Money sent. I wish I had more to give. This is a good cause.

[This message has been edited by DeLorean00 (edited 11-05-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kevin:

I ALWAYS know Lloyd was a good guy. Whatever past problems he had, and whatever complaints he got from others PPF members, his donations rectified those past issues. Thank you

Cordially,
Kevin

I agree. There will be no more negativity from my end.

Andy
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hulki U. My-BFF

5949 posts
Member since Apr 2008

Originally posted by DeLorean00:

Money sent. I wish I had more to give. This is a good cause.

Thank you DeLorean00!
BazookaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BazookaFieroSend a Private Message to BazookaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Ideas:
If the windshield is coming out, maybe do the dashwork while it is out?
(Unless an autoglass cmopany is doing it and needs an in and out quick job.)

If flying into Fargo is an option, it should save time, it is less than 1/3 the distance from Frazee than Minneapolis is.

Concerning the flying into Fargo issue: It IS much closer, and there are a couple members up here that can give rides. RedBaron has offered to give a ride to member(s), I don't know how many he can transport. I can also give a ride for 1-2 people, My truck CAN seat 3. I will plan on being there on the 21st, so add me to the list!
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to have you on board bazooka :-)
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fieroguy123

1523 posts
Member since Sep 2009
Just talked to the fiero store. I'm paying to have hats made for all of the parties that will be attending the build weekend. They are the white winter stocking hats with the black fiero emblem embroidered on the front and I'll have "The Tyler Project 2009" emboidered on it as well. Just a thank you to all of you who are taking time away from your busy lives to help another fiero guy.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguy123:

Just talked to the fiero store. I'm paying to have hats made for all of the parties that will be attending the build weekend. They are the white winter stocking hats with the black fiero emblem embroidered on the front and I'll have "The Tyler Project 2009" emboidered on it as well. Just a thank you to all of you who are taking time away from your busy lives to help another fiero guy.

Awesome. Please have extras made for Tyler and his family. I can help cover a tiny bit if needed.
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The thought had crossed my mind. I don't know yet what the total expense will be, but I only have about $130 to spare. Thank you for the offer and I'll be sure to let you know if help is needed. I appreciate that.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please remember to check the first post for all major updates. Hulki has allowed me to post for him, since he has a huge time zone difference and limited web access.

87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now I'm all sorts of confused. Pk86 told me to fly into Minneapolis. But everyone is flying into fargo?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock