Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  I want to help out a member, I have an idea, and I need your help. PLEASE READ!!! (Page 28)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
I want to help out a member, I have an idea, and I need your help. PLEASE READ!!! by Hulki U. My-BFF
Started on: 10-30-2009 11:35 AM
Replies: 3149 (130740 views)
Last post by: JohnWPB on 05-27-2022 03:58 PM
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well... I had made a phone call a few days back to a local mechanic when I was looking for someone to do some brake work..

It turns out he owns a Fiero. He called me back tonight.

Stuart Restad Auto Repair from Pelican Rapids has offered up a NEW 3.4 TDC (That is correct, a DOHC) CRATE motor for auction, with all proceeds going to the Shipman family.

There are two choices..
One, this can go into Tyler's car, but needs exhaust and other extras...
Two. This can be auctioned off to the highest bidder with the proceeds going to the family.

Stuart purchased two of these motors, one went into his wife's 1986 Fiero, and the other is still sitting in the crate, wrapped in the oil paper, and waiting to go.
Includes water pump and oil pan.

The high bidder is responsible for shipping or pickup.

What do you say Fiero people? Do you want to move into DOHC territory?

Edit: Third page in a row.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 11-10-2009).]

IP: Logged
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
WE NEED MARKER LIGHTS!!!!

Photo shows a damaged marker light on front drive corner, and I suspect the rear passenger corner.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
Left to right (I believe)
Dave Gray (?)
Tyler
Tyler's father, Jay (?)

Just guessing based on looks.

skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

I missed it by that much...
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! A new crate engine That is awesome! Wow!!!! Stuart Restad Auto Repair, you are amazing in my book!

Ok, my 2 cents worth... we have ONE day to do this car up, an engine swap would take all of that, and then some (swapping parts, wiring harnesses, mounts, and all the other gremlins that come along with it). I would be is a bit more than can be done in the time frame we are working with.

As far as we know, the engine in Tyler's car now is in great shape, and getting fixed up already. I think that selling the engine at auction would be the wise choice.

This is just my opinion, what do others think?
michelle_b

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for michelle_bSend a Private Message to michelle_bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Left to right (I believe)
Dave Gray (?)
Tyler
Tyler's father, Jay (?)

Just guessing based on looks.

Yes...you are right!
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree lets just auction off the engine with the money going to Tyler and his family! Thanks Stuart Restad Auto Repair.! you rock!
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KEV:

I agree lets just auction off the engine with the money going to Tyler and his family! Thanks Stuart Restad Auto Repair.! you rock!

Yup, my sentiments exactly... We will get pictures from Stuart of the engine, and slap it into PFA...
Any money is good money.
fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's so amazing of him to do for tyler. I also believe we should auction the motor. If I had any money I would buy it just to set in my garage and look at it. You know, good conversation starter before we knock a few back. Lol
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's way beyond my expertise----and especally since y'all are the ones doing the wrench pulling, I imagine all will agree with whatever you guys think is most prudent.
my 2.5 cents.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

WE NEED MARKER LIGHTS!!!!

Photo shows a damaged marker light on front drive corner, and I suspect the rear passenger corner.

Damnit why dident you tell me earley. Ill see if i can make a run to pick a part this weekend. They have some 87 coupes there.
PFF
System Bot
lynxer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lynxerSend a Private Message to lynxerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
haha I sent that to your phone from mine cuz I knew you would get it up fastest

Today was a good afternoon.

Picked the car up from Tires Plus then brought it to Frazee Auto Body
I got to meet Dave and Karen!
They were very nice and very excited to help.
Then Tyler, his dad and dad's friend (?) came and hung out for a while.

He rolled out of the van and looked at the car all cleaned up. Looked inside and under the hood. It was one of those times where you could just feel the enormous amazing excitment and joy coming from Tyler. I honestly don't know how to explain. He was so so SO happy to see the car just cleaned up. He couldn't believe how shiny the motor was and how great the car looks already. I could see that he could see his dream of getting his car done is coming true. It was something I have never felt or experienced before. The feeling I could feel from Tyler was awesome. He was smiling from ear to ear. Then we got inside and he showed me the paint chip of the color the car is getting painted. He was just shaking so excited to show me. He was so happy and so excited for the car.
Thank you to EVERYONE who is and has helped out with this project.
Every paypal donation, every gear, nut, bolt, interior panel and part donation is amazing.
There is no way this would ever happen with out all of your help. I know this sounds like the build is done, but today was definitly a big stepping stone in the project. To see Tyler's joy is so amazing I truly can't put it into words.

Enough with the words here is a picture of Dave, Tyler and Jay

Remember Pontiac's old slogan "Pontiac Excitement"? Here is a picture of Pontiac Excitement

Here is the shop that has been so graciously opened to us by Dave and Karen - Frazee Auto Body and Glass

Yeah I think there should be room

Man I got to drive the fiero today this thing is sweet to drive. Now I understand why a 6'4" grown man would unbolt and modify the drivers seat to fit in a little car like this

Here are some pictures of the car all cleaned up. Noresman's really did a great job. Ask Tyler he thought it was pretty cool. I can't imagine what he is going to say and do when the car is all finished. I can't wait to see his face when he sees it roll out of the garage.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I am very proud to say all the shirts are done and I will be shipping them to Julie tomorrow. It is a two day ship from Illinois to Minnesota. These should be arriving Friday with no problem. Here is what the shirt looks like. My wife modeled it and she s kind of floating in it but you get the idea.

Thanks, Chris
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Post whore

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008

Originally posted by lynxer:

Alright nvm im not commin out. green bay blah... lol just kidding

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 11-10-2009).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:
Post whore

Hey now.. Whores get paid. I am a post slut. I do it for fun.

I am absolutely awed by the job that Norseman's did on the engine and the interior. I remember the passenger carpet looking like someone had dumped bearing grease on it.

My hats off to Dennis and crew at Norseman's... And the shirts are FANTASTIC!

I am PUMPED!
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't worry that GB keychain might get replaced or find a friend.
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DIY_Stu:

Don't worry that GB keychain might get replaced or find a friend.

Replace it with a winning team..(Vikings)..
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Synthesis,

I went looking at my shelf for the marker lights. I'll be darned if both of them are damaged. I take it that you have both of the front marker/turn signals? I have two pair on the shelf undamaged.

Paul
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kyunderdawg:

Synthesis,

I went looking at my shelf for the marker lights. I'll be darned if both of them are damaged. I take it that you have both of the front marker/turn signals? I have two pair on the shelf undamaged.

Paul

We have the front markers. It is the side ones that need help...
I should specify that... LOL Sorry.
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just finished reading the list of goodies. I shouldn't have even wasted you time in asking. I'll keep check on the list, but I don't think I'll have much to offer in parts as my stash is limited. Got an idea..... the amber on my front one is slightly faded, but the back one is good. How's about them? Mines not being driven, so they won't be needed for a while. Besides I can always find more. Let me know if you need them.

Disregard my PM for I'm an idiot.

Paul

[This message has been edited by kyunderdawg (edited 11-10-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I just finished reading the list of goodies. I shouldn't have even wasted you time in asking. I'll keep check on the list, but I don't think I'll have much to offer in parts as my stash is limited. Hows the rest of the side markers? The amber on my front one is slightly faded, but the back one is good. How's about them? Mines not being driven, so they won't be needed for a while. Besides I can always find more. Let me know if you need them.

Disregard my PM for I'm an idiot.

Paul

I don't think your an idi.. Well, ok, maybe I do. J/K. lol

Look closely at the photos above, and figure out which ones need to be replaced by the images. Fading is expected... I have a feeling that VHT is being used on the Quarter Windows, so we may VHT the markers as well, which will mask fading and give a stealth effect.

Anything you have that you can help with is awesome.
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll go down right now and pull them. Let me know who/where to ship.

VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ship to:

Nick Butze
21686 Black Beauty Ln.
Detroit Lakes, MN 56501

[This message has been edited by VikingRedBaron (edited 11-10-2009).]

infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Damnit why dident you tell me earley. Ill see if i can make a run to pick a part this weekend. They have some 87 coupes there.

PK, if you don't have a DS marker light I am pretty sure I do. Let me know.

\/\/

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 11-10-2009).]

kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by VikingRedBaron:

Ship to:

Nick Butze
21686 Black Beauty Ln.
Detroit Lakes, MN 56501

Thank you, sir. Here they are.....

They will go out soon.
This is the car they came off of. Sssshhhhh.....don't tell Tyler that they came off of a pink car.

skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lynxer:
<snip>
Enough with the words here is a picture
<snip>

No wonder my Blackberry crashed trying to load this page...

They did a fantastic job on that detailing work. Looks brilliant.
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like it needs a decent trunk seal too. Anyone have one tha is in better shape? Just a thought.

Pat

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

PK, if you don't have a DS marker light I am pretty sure I do. Let me know.

\/\/

Ill pick them up if i go but im not gaurenteein them to be in prefect shape. (junkers) but if there in good shape ill bring um along.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008

Originally posted by KEV:

Replace it with a winning team..(Vikings)..

Ill bring an eagles keychain.
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rick,

Let me know for sure if your getting them or not. I pulled the two off of the driver side on my car to send. Let me know ASAP before I ship these babies. Shipping them in the next day or two.

Paul
PFF
System Bot
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

Looks like it needs a decent trunk seal too. Anyone have one tha is in better shape? Just a thought.

Pat

Doug from FieroWarehouse donated an NOS seal (unfortunately, my reproduction parts aren't finished yet but I am picking up my samples tomorrow - hopefully!)

\/\/
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rick,

Let me know for sure if your getting them or not. I pulled the two off of the driver side on my car to send. Let me know ASAP before I ship these babies. Shipping them in the next day or two.

Paul

Will do paul.

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ladies and gentlemen... We successfully streamed live video of my ugly mug tonight!

And we streamed it to more than 2 people with absolutely no lag...

This means that on the build weekend, everything will be rocking!
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HOUSTON WE HAVE CONTACT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ladies and gentlemen... We successfully streamed live video of my ugly mug tonight!

And we streamed it to more than 2 people with absolutely no lag...

This means that on the build weekend, everything will be rocking!

I say we have a PK comedy hour

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ill bring an eagles keychain.

How'd that work out for ya last week against Dallas?

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well its been another 14 hrs website updating and xfer pages to html formats. Still have a couple of pages but most ppl will be able to navigate through the site. I will be back at it tomorrow. Meanwhile JohnWPB, Synthesis, DIY_Stu have been also very busy with the chat and store portion of the site. My hats off to all of the people pulling it all together ... On build day I'm going to crack open a two-four and break out some notchos and watch a good program on WEB TV its called --- OVERHAULIN' PFF Style !!!!! --- if somebody going to bring some tunes ... dont forget the overhaulin' song ....
take care ya all EH !!!
Danyel
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe I have a complete set of Markers on a parts car I can send. Instead of people pulling them off from their running cars... let me know I can get them out tomorrow morning (at work posting). -Jason@NYFOC
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock