Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  I want to help out a member, I have an idea, and I need your help. PLEASE READ!!! (Page 19)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
I want to help out a member, I have an idea, and I need your help. PLEASE READ!!! by Hulki U. My-BFF
Started on: 10-30-2009 11:35 AM
Replies: 3149 (130752 views)
Last post by: JohnWPB on 05-27-2022 03:58 PM
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2009 03:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ill be bringin my netbook with me also so we can do updates like by the hour.
IP: Logged
Dflint

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2009 03:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DflintSend a Private Message to DflintEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i just wrote to my local tv station asking them to write a story about this.. this it what i wrote..

If You Guys Wanna Know Why America is The Most Amazing Place In The World And See That There Is Still Good People Out There I Want You To Read This. This Is From One Of The Fiero Forums Im On And Everyone Has Come Together To Help A Senior Kid Name Tyler Shipman Who Came Down With Cancer, People All Over The World Are Donating To This Cause Including Myself.The Main Website we Have Setup Is http://www.tylerstoy.com/menupage.html All The Info You Need Is On Here, This Story Has Lead Me To Believe There Are Still People In This World That Do Care.Im Glad I Have Been Apart Of This Sence The Beginning.

I Would Really LIke You Guys At That Station To Do a Story About This Is One Amazing Event And it Makes Proud To Be an American, Another Thing i Would Like You Guys To Do Is Spread The Word To As Many People As You Can Doing This Will Help Our Cause. Once Again the Main Website we Have Set up is

http://www.tylerstoy.com/menupage.html
For Any Questions Give Me a Call at 1-315-777-3457

Thank You And God Bless
Dave Flint
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2009 04:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just wanted to take this time to say thank you to all who are participating in this. I wish I could witness the smile this is going to put on Tyler's face. A week ago, to most of us, Tyler was a stranger. Today, Tyler is part of our family, and forever a part of our hearts. You guys are all the best. Thank you.

Thank you Tyler for allowing us to do this for you. This is all for you, and I hope this brightens up your day.

[This message has been edited by Hulki U. My-BFF (edited 11-07-2009).]

Dflint

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2009 04:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DflintSend a Private Message to DflintEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i wish i had the money its tough right now im 18 looking for a job have no money it sucks my fiero is not even on the road thats how much it sucks
1984whitesc

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2009 05:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
/\ I know the feeling. hang in there. I am sure it will get better. Just keep your hopes up, and you will find a job.

------------------

Thank for the sig. Bobadoofunk
1984 Fiero Sport Coupe
1990 Buick Reatta
2002 Chevy Impala base

N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2009 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Early morning bump to remind everyone that you all rock! And an extra thumbs up to everyone who is going there in person to do the work. I said it before and I'll say it again, you're in good hands Tyler. All of us at the forum can't wait to see your face light up with happiness when your Fiero is purring again!
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2009 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doug from the Fiero Warehouse has stepped up to the plate. He was willing to donate a set of GT windows, but since those were spoken for, he is donating one of his last two GT Trunk Seals for Tyler's car.

That's right, he only has one left, get it now!
bowrapennocks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2009 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bowrapennocksEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sent this to Oprah, let's see what the big guns can do:

On Oct 29, 2009, it all started out in a post on a car enthusiast site “Got cancer and looking for help”.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/104362.html
This is the true story of an 18 year old who is dying of cancer and posted his last wish to see his beloved Pontiac Fiero completed before he passes away. His story was carried in the local paper:
http://www.frazeeforum.com/...&SubSectionID=61&S=1
In the past week, this has turned into a massive effort across the world of people who do not even know Tyler to come together quickly by travelling to Frazee, MN to grant him his last wish. This has all been orchestrated by a soldier in Iraq. Here is the first post from Andy:
“Dude, I am sorry to hear about your situation. And I would have the same feeling about my Fiero. I would want to take it for a drive....if. Do you have a pretty good selection of tools, ratchets/sockets both 3/8" and 1/2" drive, torx bits/drivers, wrenches metric and standard, etc.? I am going to have some time off when I get back home from this place in January. I MIGHT be able to convince the wife for a road trip to help you out for a weekend. I'd be coming from PA, so it will be somewhat of a haul, but I'll do what I can, even if it is to help you get parts. I'll see what I can do, and I am bookmarking this thread so it won't escape my memory.”
See the posts yourself, there now 14 pages of posts in less than a week. People have donated money, parts, travel, and personal time. The team is coming together and will be there the weekend of Nov 21. Follow the posts, it is impressive how something can come together from so many strangers, so far away:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/078180.html

Can you get Andy there?
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2009 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rodney Dickman made me cry...

I checked the Paypal account. He discounted the stainless steel vacuum lines to a flat $60.00 for Tyler's car. That is over 50% off of his normal price.
I saw the bill waiting in Paypal, and teared up.

Rodney, it gets said a lot, but I can not stop myself. You are awesome as both a person and a vendor for the Fiero Community. The products you sell are better than OEM in many ways, and you are a great person in your own right.

Thank you from me, and from Pennocks.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2009 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002

Originally posted by bowrapennocks:

I sent this to Oprah, let's see what the big guns can do:

On Oct 29, 2009, it all started out in a post on a car enthusiast site “Got cancer and looking for help”.
This is the true story of an 18 year old who was diagnosed with a rare and aggressive form of cancer and posted his last wish to see his beloved Pontiac Fiero completed before he passes away. His story was carried in the local paper:
http://www.frazeeforum.com/...&SubSectionID=61&S=1
In the past week, this has turned into a massive effort across the world of people who do not even know Tyler to come together quickly by travelling to Frazee, MN to grant him his last wish. This has all been orchestrated by a soldier in Iraq. Here is the first post from Andy:
“Dude, I am sorry to hear about your situation. And I would have the same feeling about my Fiero. I would want to take it for a drive....if. Do you have a pretty good selection of tools, ratchets/sockets both 3/8" and 1/2" drive, torx bits/drivers, wrenches metric and standard, etc.? I am going to have some time off when I get back home from this place in January. I MIGHT be able to convince the wife for a road trip to help you out for a weekend. I'd be coming from PA, so it will be somewhat of a haul, but I'll do what I can, even if it is to help you get parts. I'll see what I can do, and I am bookmarking this thread so it won't escape my memory.”
See the posts yourself, there now 14 pages of posts in less than a week. People have donated money, parts, travel, and personal time. The team is coming together and will be there the weekend of Nov 21. Follow the posts, it is impressive how something can come together from so many strangers, so far away:

Can you get Andy there?

I fixed it... Please update your post to replace that. Tyler is doing well, and holding on. Regardless of what anyone says, there is ALWAYS hope.
boysatt

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2009 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for boysattSend a Private Message to boysattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, completely missed this thread until now. Not on the forum much lately. I'm in moorhead, I'm a fiero mechanic and have every tool know to man. I also have 7 fiero parts cars and tons of other stuff.

Let me know what your still after, and I'm pretty sure I got time to come help on the 21st. The local members that know me, know i can build one hell of a nice fiero.

------------------

Blue 1987 GT, Yellow T-top 1986 GT
www.FierosandMore.com This is a link to my personal web site, has pictures of all my projects and parts for sale.

PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2009 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by boysatt:

Hey guys, completely missed this thread until now. Not on the forum much lately. I'm in moorhead, I'm a fiero mechanic and have every tool know to man. I also have 7 fiero parts cars and tons of other stuff.

Let me know what your still after, and I'm pretty sure I got time to come help on the 21st. The local members that know me, know i can build one hell of a nice fiero.

If you have a set of GT Tail lights, bring them. We already have the lights to put in, but will want to choose the best set we can. I have already talked with Karen at Frazee Auto Body and let her know that one of our solutions for Delam was to paint the outer part of the light over the black paint.

So this may be an option.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2009 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
I know what color Tyler chose for his car, and I am not going to tell you!

Keep it a secret if you do know.
fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2009 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I spoke with tyler too, he says he would love the car to be tinted, and he would like a fiero decal of some sort in the back window. I got this covered. me and the tint guy are gonna work on this one. He's a miracle worker.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2009 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wayne Skarie from Hedahls Parts Plus in Detroit Lakes has donated all new Grand Am calipers, rotors and pads for the Grand Am brake upgrade.

Tires Plus in Detroit Lakes is going to inspect the car today to see if any suspension work needs to be done on it. No charge.
The owner of Tires Plus will be in on Monday. I will find out then if they will be able to offer labor assistance with any work that may need to be done. They are considering doing the brakes on the vehicle with the new calipers/rotors.

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2009 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
Just ordered from the Fiero Store: K&N Air Filter, Ocelot D.O.T. approved Stainless Braided Brake Lines. New PCV valve (since it was cheap), new PCV/Breather grommets for the valve cover to replace old and damaged, new Left and Right power door lock switches, as we are installing Power Door Locks.

New SPAL aftermarket door lock actuators and wiring will be ordered on Monday from Commando Car Alarms. The alarm will interface directly with this system, and the factory door lock switches will work with them as well. I will be installing all new wiring for these when the doors and dash are apart.
lynxer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2009 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lynxerSend a Private Message to lynxerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just talked to Tyler (via text) He knows what color he wants and it is going to be AWESOME!

Get this

He is GOING INTO THE BODY SHOP! He is going to travel to the body shop on Monday and pick out the paint chip that he wants!!!!!!! How is that for Will and Determination?!

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2009 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lynxer:

I just talked to Tyler (via text) He knows what color he wants and it is going to be AWESOME!

Get this

He is GOING INTO THE BODY SHOP! He is going to travel to the body shop on Monday and pick out the paint chip that he wants!!!!!!! How is that for Will and Determination?!

Pardon me and my language for this, but I can't hold it back. THAT IS ****ING AWESOME!
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2009 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
Ordered parts from Hedahl's Parts Plus in Detroit Lakes. New injector O-Rings, Fuel Filter, and Distributor O-Ring.
They will hold the parts to be picked up with the calipers/rotors.
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2009 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just sent this email to "PowerblockTV". If you have some time, write similar emails to every car nut show you can think of. The more the better. Maybe we can take this to a whole nother level!

"I am writing this email to bring awareness to a project that you may be interested in covering. A young man, Tyler Shipman, an 18 year old High School senior in Frazee, MN was diagnosed with an agressive form of Cancer. You can read about Tyler here:

www.caringbridge.org/visit/tylershipman

Tyler is a car enthusiast and owns / drives an 86 Pontiac Fiero. While in the hospital, Tyler logged into a Fiero enthusiast web site:

He made a simple request for some help to get his Fiero running perfectly. A US soldier in Iraq started this project and you can read about it here:

In just over a week's time, the Fiero community on Pennocks Fiero Forum has united. These are folks from all over the world, pulling together to give Tyler his wish to get his Fiero up and running in tip top condition. The response from the communuty of Frazee and surrounding areas has been just as impressive. There is a "Build" planned in Frazee set for the weekend of November 21st. Several PFF members from all over the US are traveling to Frazee to overhaul Tyler's Fiero. It is a story that runs true to the car enthusiast and needs some National attention. Complete strangers have donated time, parts, money, travel and thier hearts to make Tyler's dream come true. A website documenting all the efforts has been established and you can visit it here:

http://www.tylerstoy.com/

Please join the Members of PFF, The community of Frazee, MN, and all the suppliers and vendors that are working hard to see that this happens and help us bring some joy and happiness to remarkable young man".

Thank you!

Pat Howser
El Paso, TX

Go Pennocks!
Go Packers!
Fiero's Rule!

[This message has been edited by katatak (edited 11-07-2009).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2009 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

Just sent this email to "PowerblockTV". If you have some time, write similar emails to every car nut show you can think of. The more the better. Maybe we can take this to a whole nother level!

"I am writing this email to bring awareness to a project that you may be interested in covering. A young man, Tyler Shipman, an 18 year old High School senior in Frazee, MN was diagnosed with an agressive form of Cancer. You can read about Tyler here: www.caringbridge.org/visit/tylershipman

Tyler is a car enthusiast and owns / drives an 86 Pontiac Fiero. While in the hospital, Tyler logged into a Fiero enthusiast web site: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/104362.html. He made a simple request for some help to get his Fiero running perfectly. A US soldier in Iraq started this project and you can read about it here: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/078180.html. In just over a week's time, the Fiero community on Pennocks Fiero Forum has united. These are folks from all over the world, pulling together to give Tyler his wish to get his Fiero up and running in tip top condition. The response from the communuty of Frazee and surrounding areas has been just as impressive. There is a "Build" planned in Frazee set for the weekend of November 21st. Several PFF members from all over the US are traveling to Frazee to overhaul Tyler's Fiero. It is a story that runs true to the car enthusiast and needs some National attention. Complete strangers have donated time, parts, money, travel and thier hearts to make Tyler's dream come true. A website documenting all the efforts has been established and you can visit it here: http://www.tylerstoy.com/. Please join the Members of PFF, The community of Frazee, MN, and all the suppliers and vendors that are working hard to see that this happens and help us bring some joy and happiness to remarkable young man".

Thank you!

Pat Howser
El Paso, TX

Go Pennocks!
Go Packers!
Fiero's Rule!

Awesome! Please correct your links, as they have a period at the end of them...
PFF
System Bot
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2009 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Awesome! Please correct your links, as they have a period at the end of them...

The periods won't hurt anything, they'll still link to the proper place.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2009 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

The periods won't hurt anything, they'll still link to the proper place.

You are right, I clicked on one, and it failed.. Turns out it was something on my end.. :P
I am a perfectionist. Sorry.

Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2009 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just thought of a cool idea. I'm going to check with my command about getting a US flag flown here in Iraq for Tyler. If I am lucky I can get one flown from a Blackhawk as well. I know they were telling us before that if we supplied the flag, they would fly it in the hawk.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2009 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I just thought of a cool idea. I'm going to check with my command about getting a US flag flown here in Iraq for Tyler. If I am lucky I can get one flown from a Blackhawk as well. I know they were telling us before that if we supplied the flag, they would fly it in the hawk.

Oh man! I grew up Military.. I know what an honor that would be.

My father's flag from his service was flown over the White House. It is an honor and a privilege that few get.

Hulki, you already had my respect, now you have my kinship. I am proud to call you a brother in both the Fiero community, and as family. You will always be family to me.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post11-07-2009 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you guys get an amp yet? I have a Kenwood that I am willing to give towards the build. Also some power cable. I will not be home to Tuesday, but I could send it out in the am. I will check my PMs on my phone this weekend. Bless you all.

Edit: It is a Kenwood KAC-529S 250w 2 channel bridgeable.

Synthesis.......PM sent
Hulki..............PM sent

Tony

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 11-07-2009).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2009 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Did you guys get an amp yet? I have a Kenwood that I am willing to give towards the build. Also some power cable. I will not be home to Tuesday, but I could send it out in the am. I will check my PMs on my phone this weekend. Bless you all.

Synthesis.......PM sent
Hulki..............PM sent

Tony

We do not have a four channel, but we have a 2 channel sub amp that will make it's way up here. I am on the phone with Pro Systems in Detroit Lakes. They have some items they are willing to help with, and I am just waiting to speak with the owner about what they are going to do. I should know soon.

The Kenwood amp would be great Tony. Let me find out what Pro is helping with, and then I can let you know.

Also, thank you for the donation. $30.00 from Amy and Tony towards Tyler's build.

This car is going to ROCK!
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2009 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
Pro Systems is donating an 8" Kicker CVT Shallow mount sub and the volunteered the speakers all the way around. The speakers are already spoken for, so I asked if they would look into a multi-amp wiring kit.
I will be running by Best Buy today and using my Birthday gift cards to pick up some items.

I still need to find a 4 channel amplifier, and may pick one up on Craigslist, after testing.

The sub is rated at 200 watts RMS, 400 peak. 2.5, the amp you have, do you have a model/specs on it? Want to make sure it is within spec.

Tony, depending on 2.5's amp specs, we may need to hit you up for the Kenwood.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 11-07-2009).]

carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2009 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be there... I don't have much but tools and such, but I will do what I can...

It is seriously awesome what normal people can put together and the truly generous and volunteering spirit of people on this board and across this country in general.

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 11-07-2009).]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2009 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pro Systems is donating an 8" Kicker CVT Shallow mount sub and the volunteered the speakers all the way around. The speakers are already spoken for, so I asked if they would look into a multi-amp wiring kit.
I will be running by Best Buy today and using my Birthday gift cards to pick up some items.

I still need to find a 4 channel amplifier, and may pick one up on Craigslist, after testing.

The sub is rated at 200 watts RMS, 400 peak. 2.5, the amp you have, do you have a model/specs on it? Want to make sure it is within spec.

Tony, depending on 2.5's amp specs, we may need to hit you up for the Kenwood.

It will be monday night before i can confirm, I am out of state at the moment, the amp sits in it's box in my garage at home. But the Amp is rated at 200 RMS and 600 MAX, but that is to run 2 subs, if bridged it would be more I believe. It is Ultra Linear brand.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2009 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I just set up a twitter account for the project:

https://twitter.com/TylersFiero

The Twitter name to follow is: TylersFiero

This will be updated during the entire build, as the account user/password will be given to a few different people to be able to update it.
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2009 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

It will be monday night before i can confirm, I am out of state at the moment, the amp sits in it's box in my garage at home. But the Amp is rated at 200 RMS and 600 MAX, but that is to run 2 subs, if bridged it would be more I believe. It is Ultra Linear brand.

Thanks. I actually found a Phoenix Gold competition 4 channel for a very good price locally, and an MTX single channel sub amp...
Give me a bit, I will let you know if we have that covered..

Chris
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2009 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I have seen a lot of posts that people will be using their laptops to update the forums and such...(including me) but, do we have any idea what type of Internet we are going to have there? Does anyone know if the build location (Frazee Auto Body and Glass) has broadband? If so, is there wireless? Is there any 3G coverage, or at least Edge in the area?
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2009 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh man! I grew up Military.. I know what an honor that would be.

My father's flag from his service was flown over the White House. It is an honor and a privilege that few get.

Hulki, you already had my respect, now you have my kinship. I am proud to call you a brother in both the Fiero community, and as family. You will always be family to me.

Synthesis, the dedication you have put into this project also makes you my brother, and you too will always be family to me.

I spoke to my command about Tyler and flying the flag. I have a pilot taking the flag up on Wednesday!!! Tyler will get the flag, and a certificate that goes along with it showing the details. Once I find something suitable to ship it in, it will be on it's way to Tyler, and he should receive it about two weeks from the day I ship it.

Synthesis, I forgot to mention that I have my wife shipping those front lenses to you now instead of directly to Tyler. Reason being, I don't know how inundated the family is right now with mail, and everything else going on, so I didn't want to burden them further with having to supply those to you. They are being shipped out Monday via Priority Mail, and I will send you the tracking number when my wife sends it to me.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2009 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis, I forgot to mention that I have my wife shipping those front lenses to you now instead of directly to Tyler. Reason being, I don't know how inundated the family is right now with mail, and everything else going on, so I didn't want to burden them further with having to supply those to you. They are being shipped out Monday via Priority Mail, and I will send you the tracking number when my wife sends it to me.

He is on the road right now, trying to secure an amplifier. If I may interject:

Please send any and all parts directly to Nick. He is the designated contact to ship all parts to. He says someone will be at that address all the time, and is able to receive or sign for packages. Chris and I will be driving down from St. Paul in his Fiero, and it is going to be pretty loaded as it is with his bags, mine and all of the stuff he is bringing for the build.

This goes for ALL parts for use in the project. This will ensure all parts are on location locally if something comes up, and someone is not able to make it to the build for any reason.

Tyler's Project
C/O Nick Butze
21686 Black Beauty Ln
Detroit Lakes, MN 56501
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2009 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, John. I will adjust fire on that package.
RAREW66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2009 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just read through this whole thread and it is very humbling to see the Fiero Community support this effort.

So, put me on the list for labor. Let me know what time to show up on the 21st and I will be there. I know a couple of things about Fieros. Also, maybe an idea of what I might need to bring.

Fred
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2009 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have been added to the list... I am still working on a schedule/time frame/ itinerary for the whole build.

Here is an updated list of attendee's thus far:

1. Synthesis
2. KEV
3. 1984whitesc (+ his twin 1984redsc)
4. BazookaFiero
5. pontiackid86
6. 2.5
7. fieroguy123 (+ Wife and friend)
8. GTJeff
9. 87antuzzi
10. lynxer
11. VikingRedBaron
12. Gravitic Anomaly
13. JohnWPB
14. RAREW66

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 11-08-2009).]

Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2009 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
List updated on page 1.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2009 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool thanks!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock