Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Got cancer now and looking for help (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Got cancer now and looking for help by 2.5fierose
Started on: 10-29-2009 11:40 PM
Replies: 121 (30839 views)
Last post by: Jason88Notchie on 08-20-2022 02:27 PM
2.5fierose

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 136
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2009 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5fieroseSend a Private Message to 2.5fieroseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys i'm a total fiero head there my life I have 86 fiero gt that I ve been slowly fixing up well now here I sit at the hospitol with cancer and they can't treat it and not knowing how long I'll be here they say could be till spring or longer or shorter they don't know and I'm just trying to find someway to get it restored before I past I love this car I don't know if people help with these things or not but I figured I ask thanks guys I live in mn my names Tyler shipman and any thought counts you guys are the best
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Damn dude. Thats rough. If I had the cash I would fly out there for a couple days and help you get it back on the road. I hope and pray for the best for you dude.
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2.5fierose

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 04:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5fieroseSend a Private Message to 2.5fieroseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the praying everything counts ha I just sit here in this hospitol waiting for a miriacle I think my mom even sent a app away to the show overhaulin lol thanks guys

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats tough news. I will be praying for you.

I found Frazee on the map. It's a long haul from me, also I am not en expert in all things Fiero. Can you tell us more about your car? How long ago as it been running? What condition is it in now?
2.5fierose

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5fieroseSend a Private Message to 2.5fieroseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I could get some pictures but it's white gt fastback my front bumper is cracked in places my one left tail light cover is cracked car ran great but I think my injectors are going shot or fuel pump it misses my seats are ok but are ripping on seems I could post some pictures I love my fiero
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey 2.5fierose

I'm Don--go by my wife's name as a username here--well- it's a long story.
We'll be praying for ya and thinking about you, but you Post those pics!! I'd like to hear more about your Fiero, even tho I'm way down in Texas. Ya wanna talk, pm or email us.

Our email is
maryfrazar@att.net

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 10-30-2009).]

Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dude, I am sorry to hear about your situation. And I would have the same feeling about my Fiero. I would want to take it for a drive....if. Do you have a pretty good selection of tools, ratchets/sockets both 3/8" and 1/2" drive, torx bits/drivers, wrenches metric and standard, etc.? I am going to have some time off when I get back home from this place in January. I MIGHT be able to convince the wife for a road trip to help you out for a weekend. I'd be coming from PA, so it will be somewhat of a haul, but I'll do what I can, even if it is to help you get parts. I'll see what I can do, and I am bookmarking this thread so it won't escape my memory.

P.S. I want to make a list of parts you need, please help me know what all you need. Here's what I have so far:

1. Front 86GT bumper
2. Left taillight lens
3. Driver and passenger seats (what color are they?)

[This message has been edited by Hulki U. My-BFF (edited 10-30-2009).]

2.5fierose

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5fieroseSend a Private Message to 2.5fieroseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I'm in the hospitol now so I ll have my mom take some pics soon of her I don't want people to think I'm just asking for hand outs or anything I just love that car and being fixed up would just make me feel so good I don't want to leave not having her mint thanks guys again
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No one thinks you're asking for handouts. I've been helped so many times by so many folks free of charge, that I've lost count. I broke a cluth lever one time, and before I knew it, 3 different people sent me one. It's just the way things work here--you're part of our extended Fiero family.
BazookaFiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BazookaFieroSend a Private Message to BazookaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, frazee ain't that far from here What all does it need do you think to get her running? I'm not the best mechanic in the world, but I can do SOME stuff. I got some extra parts as well that might help ya out, v6 I take it? I got pretty much an entire spare v6 sitting in my garage, all parted out already. It wasn't the most beautiful one, but some of the parts are still good

------------------
BAZOOKAFIERO's Junk

"I can feel your fear and weakness, I see my own in the mirrors of your eyes"

[This message has been edited by BazookaFiero (edited 10-30-2009).]

PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a weekend open Nov 21st, I haven't asked the wife about this yet, but you are alot closer to me than to some others on the board. I did replace the brake and clutch master ans slave on my car, and have torn into old V8's before.
Maybe I can help somehow.

All I have for parts around is an extra center storage console in gray, and a heater box with some controls.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 10-30-2009).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007
Anybody know of a salvage yard in MN that has Fiero's?
BazookaFiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BazookaFieroSend a Private Message to BazookaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Heh, good luck. I've called soo many yards around here and the twin cities, and NONE of them ever have Fieros
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPullRParts in East Bethel had 2 this summer, a red coupe and a white coupe... buttholes went through and busted dang near everything worth having on the cars.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BazookaFiero:

Heh, good luck. I've called soo many yards around here and the twin cities, and NONE of them ever have Fieros

I found a good search site at least.

http://car-part.com/advSearch.htm

It comes up with results for seats at least.
2.5fierose hopefully a list of what is needed can be put together, from pics, or if one of us get out there we can look at it too. As far as diagnosing the miss, maybe someone has a code reader and knows how to use it..I have never done that.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by carbon:

UPullRParts in East Bethel had 2 this summer, a red coupe and a white coupe... buttholes went through and busted dang near everything worth having on the cars.

I have been there before, they only hold cars about a month or two and then crush them for scrap, not to say they don't have more now though.
Fiero STS

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero STSSend a Private Message to Fiero STSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have parts just need to know what you need.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero STS:

I have parts just need to know what you need.

Cool! There are a few listed above, I'm sure he'll be back online later too.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

You have to come out to pa for Fieros in yards. I can count 5 off the top of my head that have them.

2.5fierose

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5fieroseSend a Private Message to 2.5fieroseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It s a white with silver two tone color it needs a front bumper mines all cracked left turn signal cover all cracked couple paint issues but minor and yes it's a 2.8 my spoilers also the paints all oxidized and engine miss I think is between injectors or fuel pump as soon as my mom gets home I'll have her get some pictures thanks guys
PFF
System Bot
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Completely off topic and you don't have to answer, but if you don't mind me asking, how old are you Tyler?
2.5fierose

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5fieroseSend a Private Message to 2.5fieroseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just turned 18 in July
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tyler, I am very, very sad to hear of your situation. Having a hard time holding back my emotions right now. I hope and pray that something can be done for you and your Fiero. I am sure that the Fiero community will get together and help get that Fiero of yours up and running. I am a bit far away to make a weekend trip but whatever parts are needed, if I have them, they are yours and I will send them right away. If someone close by can take a look and see what's needed, I am sure that we can get everything that is needed together.

Keep a positive attitude and have faith.

Pat

johnt671

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My thoughts are with you. I had a battle with stage three colon cancer a few years ago.

I have a spare set of front turn signal lenses I'd be happy to send you. PM me your address and I'll find them this weekend and get them on the way.
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tyler, exactly WHAT is it? Theres Nothing to be done? 2nd 3rd/5th oppinion?? the internet is a powerfull thing, maybe the "right people "can be contacted. " If all else fails, Remember, the important thing in the end is PEOPLE, make sure, anything you EVER wanted ANYONE to know, SAY IT ! Sometimes what you just "say" can greatly impact other peoples lives forever . I feel so helpless, wish there was something I could DO. Best of luck. list parts you need, I'm sure we'll all keep a lookout & send 'em you way if we're able.
Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lou6t4gto

8436 posts
Member since May 2008
bazooka fiero, you have a PM
starlightcoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tyler, My prayers go out to you and your family. I wish we lived closer.
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2009 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have parts also and I can make time to come up over a weekend.

------------------

1999 GMC Jimmy 2dr 4x4
1987 Fiero Coupe
1986 Fiero Base Coupe..Steel Wheels Baby!
1985 Fiero GT 3800 N/A ...3800 S/C being built now!
1984 Fiero Indy #1098 w/ centerline "Q" Wheels,Hooker Tri-y header and Indy Scoop with Strobe's

87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2009 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If any parts are needed let me know. I have parts cars and would be more than happy to give what is needed.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2009 03:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5fierose:

I just turned 18 in July

Tyler, you have a PM
PFF
System Bot
never2old

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2009 05:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for never2oldSend a Private Message to never2oldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keep your chin up.
I found out I have cancer also.
Not in the hospital yet, {waiting for VA} but I went from a size 36 jean to a 34 in four months {193lbs to 160}
But I am DETERMINED to beat this thing.
So MUCH so that I am days away from owning my second Fiero.
You are in my prayers also..............Cliff
1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2009 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It would be a long haul, but I might be able to lend a hand fixing her. I might have a set of 6 barely used injecotrs from a 3300. I can't imagine what you are going through. You are too young to have to face this. I do pray that you make it through this. I have seen a few strong willed, stubborn people, fight off some nasty things. God be with you. Beannact dia leat.

------------------

Thank for the sig. Bobadoofunk
1984 Fiero Sport Coupe
1990 Buick Reatta
2002 Chevy Impala base

[This message has been edited by 1984whitesc (edited 10-31-2009).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2009 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone who posted in this thread with ideas to help please check your private messages. Thanks!

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 10-31-2009).]

gtxbullet

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2009 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man, I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I haven't had cancer but my Immune System was shutting down, and my liver is somewhat challenged now.
I know being stuck to and from the hospital not having the regular qaily-life abilities can be rough.
Just keep moving along.
I live in Pewaukee, WI but wouldn't be able to make it to you to help. As much as I'd like to I can barely leave my own town.
If you need parts or connection to folks near you that have parts please let know.
anything I can do from here for you

------------------
www.fquick.com/GTXBULLET
1985 Fiero GT 69k Miles (All Options) - Daily Driver
1988 FIERO Coupe "IRON DUKE" 5-Speed (the show car ;-)
1992 Firebird T-Tops V-8 30k original miles(collectors car)

Mr_jacob7

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2009 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr_jacob7Send a Private Message to Mr_jacob7Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
at first, i thought you meant rust, but no. much worse... :\

check this article out, though. i've heard of this multiple times, from multiple sources, and each of them reliable. it might be able to help you.

http://www.janethull.com/ne...tion_vitamin_b17.php

way to keep things positive, though. i hope things go well for ya.

------------------
"Be not led astray, bretheren beloved..." -James 1:16.

Thanks, Danyel, for the graphic.

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2009 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If there are any parts you need let me know ....will be more than happy to send if I have them available ... Stay positive our thoughts go out to you
regards
your canadian friend
Danyel

------------------

The Black Widow Site

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 10-31-2009).]

Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2009 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
someone, notify the LOCAL NEWS MEDIA (public interest story)where Tyler lives, THEN Anything & Everything will get done in a big hurry.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2009 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ohio State University has one of the top cancer hospitals and research facilities there is. You might contact them, they have done miracles here. Best wishes to you.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2009 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Ohio State University has one of the top cancer hospitals and research facilities there is. You might contact them, they have done miracles here. Best wishes to you.

I believe that the mesaage here is try and get to a specialized cancer hospital. My ex wife was diagnosed with severe cancer and was given 5 years to liive.. With the right treatment she lived another 12 years and was able to do just about anything that she wanted to do. Her girlfriend had the disease 25 years ago and is now in perfect health. Point is that you can beat the disease or get many more years out of your life with the proper course of treatment. Don't give up as anything is possible. Why don't you post your hospital location and room number. I'm sure that there are lots of folks your age here that would love to give you a call. When you are down you'd be surprised how great it is to speak to people who care and we do. Consider praying as it helps. I am far away but will keep you in my prayers my friend.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock