Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Got cancer now and looking for help (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Got cancer now and looking for help by 2.5fierose
Started on: 10-29-2009 11:40 PM
Replies: 121 (30815 views)
Last post by: Jason88Notchie on 08-20-2022 02:27 PM
jsketcham

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2010 06:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jsketchamSend a Private Message to jsketchamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
it's a shame, but i'm glad to see he got his wish.

[This message has been edited by jsketcham (edited 07-30-2010).]

IP: Logged
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The thread that changed our lives forever.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2011 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A reminder to us all... Never shall we forget !! TTT

http://www.tylerstoy.com

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 01-09-2011).]

bulldog85043

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2011 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bulldog85043Send a Private Message to bulldog85043Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I started reading this thinking it was a new thread. Then when I saw where the young man was from I thought "Wow, what a coincidence that there is another unfortunate person in Frazee wiht the same problem as Tyler". Then went further into the thread and saw that it WAS our lost but definitely not forgotten young hero Tyler.

For those who didn't know hiw, I'm told he was one of the best young men one could know. I never got the change to meet him personally, but got to know of him through this board.

May God take special notice of you Tyler, you touched many in a very short amount of time...
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-09-2011 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still gets me mushy after the reread. Thanks Tyler for making us human. We needed it.
DavidM

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2011 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DavidMClick Here to visit DavidM's HomePageSend a Private Message to DavidMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Before Tyler's story and the wonderful response from the great people on this forum, I admit I was a little embarrassed to admit that
my replica was based on a Fiero - Now I tell folks with pride. RIP Tyler, and Thank you.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 07:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's hard to believe Tyler will have been gone a year next month. I'm just glad he was able to enjoy that car to its fullest potential before he was taken so young. Thank you Tyler for inspiring us to be better people.
Boni

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoniClick Here to visit Boni's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I started to read this forum a month ago or so, accidentaly this topic was alive, and I was strongly hit by all circumstances, situation and response... I told my wife all story immediately, and trust me, its not every day or week we told about any forums stuff... but this time it was STUFF. Great stuff about people here, and their souls.

------------------
Fiero 1985 notch 2.5 automatic
http://boni.smutek.pl/auto

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2011 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One year ... one day ago ... RIP to keep this out of archives
Danyel
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2011 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2011 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tyler and everyone who participated in the Tyler Project gave me hope for humanity again.
PFF
System Bot
MarkS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2011 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkSSend a Private Message to MarkSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cancer is a thief that steals life. Too many good people and more than a few that were close to me were felled by the thief. So hard on the families too as they endure the pain. A cure can not come fast enough. Preserve the memories of Tyler.

BR's,

Mark
Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2011 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is a reminder to all on this forum, members and surfers both, of why this is a special place. This is the thread that grew into something very meaningful to a lot of lives for a lot of reasons. For those of us around when it began this is a good time to review, re-read and remember. For those who are new this site, this is an excellent time to learn about a great example of a group of people, from almost everywhere, coming together to do the right thing simply, because it was the right thing to do. Where will you be on July 29th?

------------------
1988 GT
Manual
Medium Red Metallic
Gray Leather

jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2011 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Definately a wonderful thing you guys did for Tyler. Shows there is still compassion in the world. That is hard to see in a lot of folks here in the recent years.

You don't know exactly how much your loved until something like Cancer comes into your life.
God bless you all.

------------------
86 Fiero 2M4 Silver, bought for electric conversion. Currently just fixing all the old stuff

br1anstorm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2011 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for br1anstormSend a Private Message to br1anstormEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm a long way from Minnesota - I'm not even in the USA. I read this story, and the threads which started the project off and carried it through, and it made me feel very humble.

We all think Fieros are special in one way or another. This story showed that Fiero people are special too. The generosity, commitment and dedication of all who got involved in this project is truly astonishing.

In his life, and in his passing, Tyler reminded us of our own humanity - and the joy that the kindness of strangers can bring.
Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2011 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Less than 5 weeks until the 2nd Annual Tyler Shipman Show in Frazee. This is a bump to the top for all those who may not be not be aware and a reminder to those who are. that this is THE thread. Time is not slowing down and you're not getting any younger. You can't put it off any more. It's time to make plans, time to donate if you can, it time to get involved with the legacy. Check out: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/083997.html and //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/084681.html for details of whats happening and how to donate.
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2011 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BUmp for almost 2 years. Y'all did an outstanding job!
ThatFieroKid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2011 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ThatFieroKidSend a Private Message to ThatFieroKidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
whoops wrong thread

[This message has been edited by ThatFieroKid (edited 10-21-2011).]

eljibaro127

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2012 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eljibaro127Send a Private Message to eljibaro127Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
im fairly new to this fourm and what to say god bless the people that helped this young man. RIP Tyler
Phirewire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2012 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhirewireSend a Private Message to PhirewireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:
You have to come out to pa for Fieros in yards. I can count 5 off the top of my head that have them.

Names, I have hell finding them around me.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2012 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As some others have said, it is amazing how the very first post in this thread has changed so many, many lives. Tyler did get to see his wish come true, and then some. Daneele (Tyler's mom) told me on more than one occasion that all the activity and excitement of the build kept Tyler's mind off of his health, and was a kinda therapy in itself.

As for how it touched my life? It was one of the most spontaneous and fulfilling things that I have ever done.

Spontaneous: Yes! Not knowing a single person, hopping on a plane, and hoping that someone stranger that I had never met, actually picked me up at the airport as planned. Then to drive 3 hours to a small town out in the middle of nowhere, not knowing anyone, or even a true plan on what needed done or how. That is about as spontaneous as you get!

Fulfilling: Getting to see a young man happy, smiling and excited, when he had been given the worst news any person could be given, just a few months to live. That "stranger" that picked me up at the airport was DIY_Stu (Stuart). We have become good friends through this, and I am actually flying out to visit him in just a few weeks in Texas.

I have been back to Frazee a total of 3 times now, for each of the Tyler Shipman Memorial car shows. I have such the strong feeling of attending a family reunion when I return. That is the only way I can describe it, I am closer to some of the people I have met there, than I am with some of my own family.

Oh.... another of those "strangers" from the build weekend is 1984WhiteSE (Andrew). We also became friends, and he and his partner are flying down at the end of February to spend a week at my house.

The loss of Tyler was a tragedy beyond words and comprehension. At the same time so much good came from it as well, for so many people. Tyler Shipman, you and your memory live on strong in so many, many people.
Bookmark this thread, and check back now and then, do not let it go to the archives......
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2012 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is important this Christmas season to focus on and remember the acts of compassion and kindness that others have shown for Tyler and for those less fortunate. Things like this improve one's life and provide an inspiration for living and enjoying a better more joyful life. Be it acts of charity, assistance, simple prayers or kindness; if you give them they will return to you, for what goes around comes around. If you do not give to those in need, you will not receive, if you do not forgive, you will not be forgiven and so forth. The people who helped Tyler are truly blessed and their lives will be enriched by our heavenly father.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

ChevyBuff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2013 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChevyBuffSend a Private Message to ChevyBuffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My first time back on the forums in almost 5yrs sense my 86 fastback was taken from me and sold on ebay by an ex-g/f...Grrr. I somehow came across Tyler story. I watched all the youtube vids and read every post in this and all the other threads. Everyone that came together and helped Tyler and his family out are true heros.

Thank you Hulki U. My-BFF and anyone else in the armed forces for your service.

R.I.P Tyler Shipman

Here's a bump to get it out of the archives.
DimeMachine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2013 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What you guys did for Tyler makes me proud to be a car guy. I cant think of a better example that I have seen in my life of the good that humans are capable of. Spending time, energy and money on a total stranger far away....... If that don't help get you into heaven some day then heaven is a very empty place. Thank you for doing that!!!

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2014 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
(bump)

5 Years later, remembering Tyler and looking forward to seeing his family and our friends coming up in July.
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2014 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

(bump)

5 Years later, remembering Tyler and looking forward to seeing his family and our friends coming up in July.

Looking forward to seeing you and Shannon and the rest of the Frazee family in a few weeks!

Dr. W.

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen IV replacement GT trunk seals with miter double bonded corners are now in production. $95 shipped to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2015 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To keep this thread ALIVE ..... always thinking of you my fiero friend .... god bless your family ... its been over 6 years now ......

I am calling out the original and complete Build Team ..... 10th anniversary in July 2019 ..........BE THERE !!!!

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 07-30-2015).]

Adjustso3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2015 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Adjustso3Send a Private Message to Adjustso3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've read this story and now confirm that the people on this site are like a huge family. I'm very proud to be a member here. A big thank you to all the people who helped on this project. It's nice to see that there are still good people in this world. Thank you Cliff for PFF. God bless each and every one of you.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2015 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Adjustso3:

I've read this story and now confirm that the people on this site are like a huge family. I'm very proud to be a member here. A big thank you to all the people who helped on this project. It's nice to see that there are still good people in this world. Thank you Cliff for PFF. God bless each and every one of you.

The Best,
but the most dysfunctional family you will ever meet. We will argue about things but never not help when help is needed and disserved. And I don't think there was ever a more disserving member than Tyler and his family.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2015 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

The Best,
but the most dysfunctional family you will ever meet. We will argue about things but never not help when help is needed and disserved. And I don't think there was ever a more disserving member than Tyler and his family.

Steve

When help is needed, indeed, we always step up to the bar. I choose not believe that this is not a dysfunctional group but one with a fervent passion for their car hobby. If this were a Mercedes, BMW, Corvette or Lamborghini forum we would be discussing how the local dealer fixed the car and how the performance shop did some mods. We also might not be concerned about a dying member but we are.
Fieros owners are different. We are not an affluent elite group but a down-to-earth group that rolls up their sleeves, does their own work and doesn't mind getting dirty. The creativity, knowledge base, know how and concern for each other is rather amazing in todays day and age. We may debate, disagree, bicker and argue at times but my garage is open to every Fiero forum member at all times and that includes those that have rated me negatively.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2015 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

When help is needed, indeed, we always step up to the bar. I choose not believe that this is not a dysfunctional group but one with a fervent passion for their car hobby. If this were a Mercedes, BMW, Corvette or Lamborghini forum we would be discussing how the local dealer fixed the car and how the performance shop did some mods. We also might not be concerned about a dying member but we are.
Fieros owners are different. We are not an affluent elite group but a down-to-earth group that rolls up their sleeves, does their own work and doesn't mind getting dirty. The creativity, knowledge base, know how and concern for each other is rather amazing in todays day and age. We may debate, disagree, bicker and argue at times but my garage is open to every Fiero forum member at all times and that includes those that have rated me negatively.

Agreed!

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2016 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Christmas will soon be upon us .... as I re-read this thread I remember all the goodness that came out of this forum for a very special young man.. Tyler. In these times of happiness and cheers I have special thoughts going out to Daneele, Jay, Carter and Cassie. In my heart many thanks to all my brothers and sisters of the build team. It reminds me that no matter where you are from and personal beliefs ..."The Right Thing" can be done... Please take a minute and lets gets Tylers Rating Bar (2.5fierose) over the 500 mark IN MEMORY OF....

I challenge the complete build team to be there in 2019 for the 10th Annual !!

Regards and Merry Christmas to all
from a guy just south of Santa Claus base camp
Danyel

------------------

Black Widow Build Thread 2007 - 2014 Tylers Toy
My Low Profile Buckets for sale My LED Sidemarkers for sale

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 12-21-2016).]

DotTC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2016 05:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DotTCClick Here to visit DotTC's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotTCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm kinda shocked at myself for not already giving a + rating.. but it is done now.

Rereading this thread, and associated threads makes me proud to be a part of this community, and saddens me that such a young life can be taken. I have the utmost respect for everyone would participated in this. Y'all are awesome people.

------------------
1986 Fiero.. WorkInProgress.. :

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2016 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was browsing the TD&Q section for 3.4 TDC info and saw this thread posted up near the top.
I just got sucker punched in the heart seeing it on the first page, as everyone has kept the post alive, and by extension, Tyler's influence on this community.

There are so many people I'm still good friends with because of this build alone... It was a hugely influential part of my life, a major piece of who I am now.

This video was aired seven years ago...

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 12-22-2016).]

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2018 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump to keep out of the archives......
Cavvy09

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2018 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cavvy09Send a Private Message to Cavvy09Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In times like these, it is nice to be reminded that there are still good and kind hearted people out there. My hat goes off to all of you that participated in that event. Undoubtedly he changed all your lives, but you made a dream come true for him also. Thank you to everyone.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2018 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tyler's mom made a new video this year.

Link to vid online: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkB33elW3J4

Also in 2019 we will have the 10th annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show
https://www.tylershipmanmemorialcarshow.com/

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/ty...pmanmemorialcarshow/

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 02-07-2018).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2019 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
10 years

Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 07-11-2019).]

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2021 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Year 12.... Bump to keep this out of the archives.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2022 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Local coverage of the 13th Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show, short video

https://www.valleynewslive....ar-show-frazee-july/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhUQ0fxdnXg

Well said

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 08-03-2022).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page