Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  I want to help out a member, I have an idea, and I need your help. PLEASE READ!!! (Page 37)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
I want to help out a member, I have an idea, and I need your help. PLEASE READ!!! by Hulki U. My-BFF
Started on: 10-30-2009 11:35 AM
Replies: 3149 (130751 views)
Last post by: JohnWPB on 05-27-2022 03:58 PM
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero STS:

Page 37 isn't far off

really?

Boo yaa! Page 37. I can't wait... 8 days from about now and counting...

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 11-13-2009).]

IP: Logged
Fiero STS

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero STSSend a Private Message to Fiero STSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dang missed it by one.
Alibi

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by VikingRedBaron:

If memory serves me right, the starter on the 2.8 in the Fiero is on the other side of the block from the other cars with the same engine.

Swapping a genric 3.4 will prolly not be an easy option.

Drilling and tapping new starter holes is a breeze with one of Rodney's relocation kits. Swapping in a 3.4 block would be the same amount of work of just replacing the 2.8 block after that. It would be *much* faster and simpler than installing a 3400 as there are no changes needed to the mounts, wiring, ECM, etc.
carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GOD! For the last time, the 3.4 TDC/DOHC was not and never will be referred to as a 3400. (sorry, personal pet peave...)

3.4 Twin Dual Cam or DOHC = 24 valve dual overhead cam design

3400 = 3rd generation 12 valve pushrod design with aluminum heads

I am pretty sure it has been decided that an engine swap is not in the cards for the upcoming weekend. Not trying to be a d*ck, but there is only so much time in a day. Even Tyler said leave it alone for now.

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 11-13-2009).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
imo, some things/suggestions/ideas are probably better left to PMs, directed to the build team rather than posted here in open discussion.
Us 'arm chair generals' often don't have as good a grasp on situations as the guys who are closely and physically involved with this project.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 11-13-2009).]

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

imo, some things/suggestions/ideas are probably better left to PMs, directed to the build team rather than posted here in open discussion.
Us 'arm chair generals' often don't have as good a grasp on situations as the guys who are closely and physically involved do.

I agree.. The decisions have been made on the engine...

Don, I still have not received that priority mailer... Did it have tracking/delivery confirmation? I do not expect nor want you to resend it... It just has not arrived, or if it did, it was stolen from in front of the house where they dropped all the packages.
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am sad to say that I am headed out for several days and will not have access to the internet; it especially pains me to not be able to watch the live video of the Build of Hope next weekend. I spent a memorable summer in Detroit Lakes. Working in a hospital in Fargo and spending weekends sailing and water skiing on the lakes, cruising the back roads and hitting some dance hall almost every weekend. The name escapes me and it most likely long gone. But, that was about a million years ago, come this March. I was 18, then. This project has brought back many memories of that summer. I just wanted to wish everyone involved with this project the best. For those of you coming into Frazee from out of town, especially from the South and West, travel safely and dress warmly. For those on Tyler's "Dream Team" remember, this is for Tyler and you need to bring your best game to this car. Build this car like it was for your kid. For all those who donated their best wishes, fondest hopes, best advice, money, parts, internet skills, food, lodging, spelling and grammar corrections, transportation, coordination and other skills and lots of things I can't think of right now, pat yourself on the back and feel the warmth. For Tyler's family I wish you the best and only the best. And for Tyler.....just enjoy man, just enjoy. I look forward to seeing lots of pictures, streaming video and endless stories. Have fun, work hard. This is a good thing.

------------------
1988 GT

[This message has been edited by Vernon8360 (edited 11-13-2009).]

DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
She-ite. those plastic pieces you are looking for, there is only 1 on the bumper reinforcement i removed and it's FUBAR. the mounting point is torn and only a C hair is holding it on. I can send it as it's better than nothing but it IS broken. hopefully somebody else has one. If the guy doesn't show up that is supose to buy my 87GT parts car then it'll be open season on it for parts. I REALLY don't have the time to part it out but for this kid i'll make the time. let me know what you need and if i have it it'll be on the way (within reason, can't afford to mail the whole thing ) Send me a PM with needs and like i said, if the buyer is a no show then i'll start scavanging.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

I agree.. The decisions have been made on the engine...

Don, I still have not received that priority mailer... Did it have tracking/delivery confirmation? I do not expect nor want you to resend it... It just has not arrived, or if it did, it was stolen from in front of the house where they dropped all the packages.

Delivery confirmation-yes. I can punch the #s in on-line and see what it shows.
And the cashiers check can be tracked by my bank as well. I will be on a road rally early tomorrow morning and all day tomorrow as part of a benefit for a local disabled vet, so I probably won't be able to do anything till Monday.
Dunno what else to do about it.

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Delivery confirmation-yes. I can punch the #s in on-line and see what it shows.
And the cashiers check can be tracked by my bank as well. I will be on a road rally early tomorrow morning and all day tomorrow as part of a benefit for a local disabled vet, so I probably won't be able to do anything till Monday.
Dunno what else to do about it.

No worries. I just wanted to make you aware.
And thanks for all of your help Don...
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

No worries. I just wanted to make you aware.

I ain't smiling--and I don't think it's funny.

PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I just spoke with Robin at the Morning Side motel in Frazee. (She is just SOOOooo nice!) Synthesis, DIY_Stu and myself I know are staying there.

The Motel is only 1.8 miles from Frazee Auto Body.

CLICK HERE TO SEE A MAP

She has 3 rooms still available for Fri and Sat nights.

1 Double (2 full size beds)
2 Single Rooms (1 full bed)

She also said that adding a roll-a-way bed in the single rooms in not a problem at all, so even the single rooms will sleep 2.

The room rate is $20 per night. So anyone that needs a place to stay, and or is tight on funds, it would only cost you $20 for 2 nights if you share a room with someone. You certainly are not going to beat that anywhere!

To reserve a room, call the Morning Side motel at 218-334-5021 and tell them you are in town to help with the Tyler project to get the special rate.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 11-13-2009).]

GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah! I just booked the double at the Morningside for both Friday & Saturday. The wife released me out of our Saturday Night plans. (My son's annual school charity dinner and auctions. She will give my ticket to a neighbor & friend who is a weekend hunting widow or we will donate it back to the school.)

Stopped by Purple Reign's shop this afternoon for some spares. Shaun had not seen this thread. His calendar is open and he may be riding along with me. He offered any parts needed (I think we're covered) and to bring up a load of tools.

Later,
Jeff
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
O' Fearless leader! May we have a countdown clock on the home page or somewhere similar to countdown to the build day?
2.5fierose

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 136
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5fieroseSend a Private Message to 2.5fieroseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey guys sorry havent been on all day been out and was in the new handicap accessible van that we got (its very sweet besides a ford) and sorry about all the trouble with that intake and stuff i feel like its my fault because of making all those changes on the engine and stuff. And also i already asked this but i dont remember if anyone told me are we changing the gauges to some aftermarket ones or leaving them stock? also WOW my car looks so different all tore apart its amazing how they designed these cars well talk to you guys later Thanks again you guys

Tyler Shipman

------------------
1986 Fiero GT
Grand Am Brakes
Mr. Mike's Leather

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tyler, take it from an old man that has been around a bit. Nothing involved in this is your fault!
There's nothing here at pff that won't work itself out---you got a great team here and up there-- with a lot of backing, and most of what you read that may seem like a little bickering is just our natural way of ribbing each other.

The van sounds nice--cept it's a Ford.
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tyler its not your fault about the intake....its mine ill get it figured out.
Fosgatecavy98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fosgatecavy98Send a Private Message to Fosgatecavy98Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Someone should by my WBo2 in the mall so I have some money to spend out out there

I simply cannot wait. Tyler you have the best people behind you here and I know this will simply be an awesome experience.
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just in case anyone needs to know. I just spoke to ROBIN at Morningside. She has only two singles left. She says that some of the people that got doubles did so to allow someone who doesn't have a room a place to stay. I'm going to open up a thread about the Morningside rooms to help keep it easy to read.
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

DIY_Stu

2337 posts
Member since Jun 2007
OK Ok I just noticed that Frazee has a Road called Indy 500 Road. Now that's a Photo stop for sure!!!
1984whitesc

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
/\ oh yeah.. can't pass that one up.
PFF
System Bot
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you guys get to D-Day and still need something, please let me know.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 03:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguy123:

O' Fearless leader! May we have a countdown clock on the home page or somewhere similar to countdown to the build day?

Done! I set it for 8:30 AM Next Saturday. I think this is the official build start.... if it's not, let me know and I will adjust it.

87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 03:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
-10 8:30am? Those are 2 things I've never experienced before. What's a am? I talked to the powder coat guy. He is going to see if he can do a new set. He wasn't happy with me. He thinks I'm a con artist now. I sent him a link to this thread. He said he would read it over then call me.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 03:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Question: Anyone care to write a few paragraphs about this project so I can put it up on the main page?
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 03:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

Question: Anyone care to write a few paragraphs about this project so I can put it up on the main page?

Probabley would be a better story after the project is done. I would do it but ummmmm you all know why.

Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 03:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

Cliff, PM sent.
boysatt

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for boysattSend a Private Message to boysattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, do you stilll need the front crash bumper? and how soon is it needed?
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

Probabley would be a better story after the project is done. I would do it but ummmmm you all know why.

LOL. That is all.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by N3M3S1S:

LOL. That is all.

It would be the first time in history UNIX crashed during spell-check
2.5fierose

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5fieroseSend a Private Message to 2.5fieroseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey guys whats new with everyone today Stuart Restad from pelican rapids that donated the crate engine is coming to my house at 2.30 so here in about an hour and a half is coming in his fiero with the 3.4 and showing me the car and he wants to give me a ride so hopefully ill be able to get into the car i hope so my fingers are crossed if not ill tell him to give my dad a ride in it so he can tell me about it and how the power is im excited for his visit and cant wait

Tyler Shipman
PFF
System Bot
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Uh-oh, Tyler. You're going to fall in love with it. Day and night difference than your 2.8. Keeping my fingers crossed that you get to take that ride!

Andy
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I added the count down timer at the top of Tylers Toy page, and someone changed it... I kinda liked the other one better It was set that when it reached the time of hte build it would change the time to just say "The build is now in progress" What does "DT" stand for on top of the new timer?

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 11-14-2009).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JohnWPB

5182 posts
Member since May 2009
Ok, worked for a couple hours on TylersToy.com. I replaced the flash menu bar on the left, with HTML to match the rest of the site. I also added the beginnings of a gallery page with what pictures I have up till now.

If anyone finds any problems, please let me know.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 11-14-2009).]

2.5fierose

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5fieroseSend a Private Message to 2.5fieroseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey guys i did get into the fiero and we went for a long cruise i want a 3.4 it was so awesome stuart is a great guy and he made my day and also i got a box full of stuff i got a jacket and shirts sweat shirts and hats i dont remember who sent them thanks for the box of stuff who ever sent that who ever sent it could you tell me thanks again for all the stuff and thanks stuart for the ride and can someone help him make an account cause they wont let him with his hotmail email and doesnt have another one talk to you guys later

Tyler Shipman

------------------
1986 Fiero GT
Grand Am Brakes
Mr. Mike's Leather

wakejul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wakejulSend a Private Message to wakejulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh good...I have been hoping all day that the stuff got to you....cornersonrails did all the screenprinting on the shirts/sweatshirts/jacket and sent them. Again I am so glad the stuff got to you....makes my day! Hope to see you tomorrow! It is Mr. Wake's birthday tomorrow, he is hoping his Steelers deliver a win for him as a present
cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5fierose:

hey guys i did get into the fiero and we went for a long cruise i want a 3.4 it was so awesome stuart is a great guy and he made my day and also i got a box full of stuff i got a jacket and shirts sweat shirts and hats i dont remember who sent them thanks for the box of stuff who ever sent that who ever sent it could you tell me thanks again for all the stuff and thanks stuart for the ride and can someone help him make an account cause they wont let him with his hotmail email and doesnt have another one talk to you guys later

Tyler Shipman

your welcome Tyler. Glad to put a smile on your face.

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can someone add my name to the T-Shirt list please (Large). I will pick one up on site and pay for it when I get there... Thanks!
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone live close to Cold Spring, MN? I have an extremely urgent package for this build that needs to be picked up by Wed. PM me if you help out!

\/\/
2.5fierose

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5fieroseSend a Private Message to 2.5fieroseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i think we will have to find a place to get more of these shirts printed to sell whats your guys thoughts i mean we got a hundred shirts plus i got a few with all the people that donated and helped on it i would think would get one people from frazee i would think would buy them plus kids from my school will see i guess but i just have the feeling that there gonna be gone very fast

Tyler Shipman

------------------
1986 Fiero GT
Grand Am Brakes
Mr. Mike's Leather

[This message has been edited by 2.5fierose (edited 11-14-2009).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock