Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Fiero 25th Anniversary Show (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
Previous Page | Next Page
Fiero 25th Anniversary Show by RWDPLZ
Started on: 04-16-2006 09:53 PM
Replies: 702
Last post by: CC Rider on 08-26-2008 03:18 PM
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2006 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
Just recieved my Michigan Fiero Club newsletter yesterday and read it tonight. On page three,

MFC will host the 25th Anniversary Fiero Show in Pontiac. Thanks to Mark Duford, Barb Hack, and Ron Treichel the 25th Anniversary Fiero Show in 2008 is off to a good start. The Marriot at Pontiac Center Point has been selected and reserved for this Special Fiero Event. This facility was used for the 20th Anniversary Fiero Show and it worked out Great!

Anyone who went to the 20th Anniversary knows that was probably the best Fiero show ever (by far the greatest turnout of Fieros ever), and historically significant for all the special cars GM brought. I feel sorry for anyone who missed it. Hopefully this one turns out just as good! I know I can't wait

------------------

1984 Fiero SE

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2006 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
Alright !! Can't wait.

------------------

More photos, http://www.cardomain.com/ride/278279

85_Fiero_2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2006 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 85_Fiero_2M4Direct Link to This Post
Any idea when the show will be? I didnt make it to the 20th...maybe i can make it to the 25th
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2006 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
2008. I don't have anything planned for that year.
Hmmm.............
Tinton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
User Banned

Report this Post04-16-2006 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TintonSend a Private Message to TintonDirect Link to This Post
Will GM bring their prototype Fieros to the show? Looking back at pictures from the 2004 show, I wish I had gone but I didn't know about the Fiero community back then. If GM brings some prototypes there like the '90 prototype, I'll make sure to attend.

------------------

http://members.cardomain.com/tinton

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2006 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
Cool, a target date to get my car running again.

Bob

Saber49

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2006 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Saber49Send a Private Message to Saber49Direct Link to This Post
Very nice... i can't wait... it should be a good time... i was there for the 20th and had a great time... except my car wasn't finished... ill have to try and bring it this time.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Saber49 (edited 04-17-2006).]

3800superfast

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 191
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2006 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3800superfastSend a Private Message to 3800superfastDirect Link to This Post
I`m shooting for it---how many people show up for these shows?
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2006 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 3800superfast:

I will definately be going! As for the number of people.... Well, let's put it this way.... 200 cars registered and 400 showed up!

From my understanding, it was the biggest Fiero show ever.

------------------
Paul

Home Built Tube Chassis IMSA Race Car - 3.8 lb./hp | DAILY DRIVER and PROUD OF IT! 1987 Fiero GT 130,xxx, 3.1 motor, HHP swaybar, Full poly..... For a full history of the Fiero SS: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789315

PBJ

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2006 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PBJSend a Private Message to PBJDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

2008. I don't have anything planned for that year.
Hmmm.............

That is exactly what I was thinking.

Pete

------------------

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2006 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 3800superfast:

To give you an idea: my cardomain site. Warning: over 120 pics.

It'll be at the same place.

PFF
System Bot
ranger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2006 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rangerSend a Private Message to rangerDirect Link to This Post
As for prototypes, GM wil have them out. I'm not sure how many, but I do know that there will be 5 at the 2006 show. I am sure that there will be more in 2008.
NorthFloridaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2006 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NorthFloridaFieroSend a Private Message to NorthFloridaFieroDirect Link to This Post
I want to go. We'll see how much money I have to spend on taking my car WAY up there for the show
LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2006 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there I missed the last one, but I won't miss this one.

------------------
3800 SC/IC Fiero Goin' pearl blue...

Haagster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2006 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HaagsterSend a Private Message to HaagsterDirect Link to This Post
I wont be missing this one either

------------------

Project Fiero GT 2M8 Update thread

2M4 Dale

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2006 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2M4 DaleSend a Private Message to 2M4 DaleDirect Link to This Post
hmmmm ..... I won't miss this one either !!!! At the 20th all Chuck Hodges and I did was work our tails off to keep everything from unravelling .... this time I think I'll just go for the party and maybe have some FUN !

------------------

Proud Member, Classic Fiero Owners Group - International
www.cfogi.org

WingNut - MD

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2006 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
Hello,

Well the cat is out of the bag. Barb, Ron and I have been trying to get together to come up with a good way to announce this to everyone.

So to all here on PFF, the MFC is pleased to announce the 25th Anniversary show for the Pontiac Fiero. It will be held at the Pontiac Mariott at Centerpoint. This is the same hotel that the 20th was held at. We are expecting to have all of the GM prototypes at this show as well as a couple of more fun GM things that we'll pass on as we line them up.

We are expecting to have at least road course racing and a few other events that other clubs are sponsoring. Again it is very early in the planning stages, so I do not have, nor can I pass on many details.

Mark your calendar, the weekend is July 25 - 27, 2008. The show will be on Saturday July 26, 2008.

More to come, stay tuned....................................................................

Mark Duford

------------------

Awesome Fiero items by F-I-E-R-O

x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2006 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xDirect Link to This Post
Got the date booked already. Had a great time at the last show, Myself and a few other fiero owners camped it out for the weekend. Good laughs by the fire pit

There was over 400 fiero's in attendance but only 345 registered. Guess who was the last one to get their foot in the door eh?

Hmmm another thought came to my head. In 2003, it was the 20th anniversery on the introduction of the Fiero, this show will be five years after, which was the life span of it's production, so can this be the 20th anniverery of the (pre-mature) cancelation of the Fiero? Yeah, I know... bad thought
------------------

14.262 @ 97MPH

[This message has been edited by x-thumpr-x (edited 04-17-2006).]

Mister

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2006 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post
If I'm alive... I'll be there in 2008

------------------

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2006 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
Now is the time to start planning this not 2007!
WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2006 07:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

Now is the time to start planning this not 2007!

You are right! We actually started to plan this in early 2005. This is not something that can be planned out in 12 months.

PFF
System Bot
CaliforniaSpeeder9

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2006 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CaliforniaSpeeder9Click Here to visit CaliforniaSpeeder9's HomePageSend a Private Message to CaliforniaSpeeder9Direct Link to This Post
That might be worth the drive, and most certainly a flight.

------------------

kwagner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2006 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerDirect Link to This Post
Wohoo!

------------------
---------
"A camel is a racehorse designed by a committee"

DrRodey

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2006 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DrRodeyClick Here to visit DrRodey's HomePageSend a Private Message to DrRodeyDirect Link to This Post
Loved the last one.. definatley won't miss this one either.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2006 03:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
I wonder how many times this wil be bumped in the next two years. Anyone else think the parking lot won't be large enough?
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2006 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
Very cool! The 20th was a LOT of fun, and with such an early start on planning for the 25th, I bet it is even better!

Also very cool that GM will continue to bring out their prototypes! They are always fun to look at! Keep up the great work putting these things together!!

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2006 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
I'll stay at another hotel. That one jacked me last time, and made no apology for it. In fact, they were rude. And expensive.

[This message has been edited by Cheever3000 (edited 11-29-2006).]

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2006 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Direct Link to This Post
Can't wait! We enjoyed the last one a lot! Hopefully all of us on here can help make the 25th the best one yet!

Two suggestions:

If we're driving anywhere - please have much better directions! I remember the road situation being incredibly confusing last time!

Also, please let's not have drive thru judging - that took so much time last time for the participants and it was harder to walk around and see everyone's great cars 'cause you had to stay with yours in case it moved!

Thanks!

~ Jen

WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2006 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
Hey,

To address a few concerns:

1.) We are planning on setting up the lot differently from the 20th. The hotel has accomidated shows with 500 cars, so we should be in good shape.

2.) We are looking into other options for judging, I know the drive thru judging had a lot of complaints last time and we are taking a long hard look at options.

I appreciate eveyones comments on this, as we want to make this a fun show for all that attend!

Mark

D B Cooper

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2006 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D B CooperSend a Private Message to D B CooperDirect Link to This Post
.....I just hope MDOT leaves enough roads open so I can actually get there by '08. lol

------------------

RAREW66

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2006 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Direct Link to This Post
Are we planning a formal trip to Fiero Plant 17 still? I have talked to the Plant 17 communications manager about this. I have the contact info. I know where it is at; even the shortcuts. We may not get inside (Pretty Sure of That), but would'nt it be cool line the front of the former Fiero Plant with Fieros for an official 25th Anniversary Photo? A little planning would be needed because I am sure Baldwin Avenue would be a mess while we would be there.

Fred

PFF
System Bot
ohio86se

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2006 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ohio86seClick Here to visit ohio86se's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohio86seDirect Link to This Post
Mark,

I am so excited to hear about the 25th anniversary show! Joyce and I went to the 20th and had a great time. All the cars, all the people and the hotel was excellent! Anyone remember that John Lithgow (the actor) was there?!! that was cool !!

That was one of my very first car shows........let's just say I was a little intimidated and impressed by 400 fieros! We met some really nice people and made some good friends!

We will mark our calendar with that date!

Rick Laney

------------------

" DRIVE IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT"

x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2006 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xDirect Link to This Post
I never saw John Lithgow myself, but a fellow GTA member got his picture taken with him.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2006 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Do we dare try to make a drive-in night?

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

I'll stay at another hotel. That one jacked me last time, and made no apology for it. In fact, they were rude. And expensive.

There's 39 within 5 miles.

OK, tried to link but it didn't work.

[Edited by Cliff Pennock: "Fixed the link"]
BtotheB

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2006 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BtotheBClick Here to visit BtotheB's HomePageSend a Private Message to BtotheBDirect Link to This Post
Cool! Hopefully I'll have a show-worthy Fiero this time around. Or a Fiero at all

It was definitely worth the trip down, if only to break down just over the border in Detroit and cause a huge traffic jam Good times... the camping was a lot of fun too!

Brad
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2006 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by x-thumpr-x:

I never saw John Lithgow myself, but a fellow GTA member got his picture taken with him.

I rode up the elevator with him.
UCFieroCharger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2006 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UCFieroChargerSend a Private Message to UCFieroChargerDirect Link to This Post
So you say that the hotel can accomodate 500 cars. or has before. What happens if like 750 want to come? I know thats a HUGE increase from the 20th, but It seems to me that there are goign to be a lot of peopel that missed the 20th that are planning on going to the 25th (like me).

------------------

CenTexIndy

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2006 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post
I am planning on attending....at least I have plenty of notice to give my wife that I will be gone....

750 Fieros would AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!
WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2006 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by UCFieroCharger:

So you say that the hotel can accomodate 500 cars. or has before. What happens if like 750 want to come? I know thats a HUGE increase from the 20th, but It seems to me that there are goign to be a lot of peopel that missed the 20th that are planning on going to the 25th (like me).

750.................HOLY SCHNIKIES!

Ok now that I have caught my breath. The hotel has 2 other properties across the street. The host hotel is a Marriott. The adjacent properties are a Courtyard by Mariott and a Residence Inn (also by Marriott). If need be we could always utilize parts of their lots. We will have a few rooms booked at the Courtyard as overflow. We already have a portion of their lot to be used for trailers to park in, to leave more room for the actual cars in the show field.

Mark
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2006 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
too bad it is not more centrally located. I won't attend this one either.

[This message has been edited by revin (edited 03-11-2008).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock