Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  THE WALKING DEAD!!!!! (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
THE WALKING DEAD!!!!! by Niterrorz
Started on: 10-15-2011 01:34 PM
Replies: 566 (8491 views)
Last post by: FIEROPHREK on 12-03-2014 09:22 AM
Uaana

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2012 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BTW if you read the back story Glen rocks!!

Odd.. comic land.. all the chicks are hot.. TV land only Maggie is so so
IP: Logged
BlackEmrald

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2012 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm fond of Lori as well

[This message has been edited by BlackEmrald (edited 02-15-2012).]

Niterrorz

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2012 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gtxbullet:

missed a bunch of episodes
I need to get caught up. WAIT A MINUTE!!!! T-Shirts at Wally World??? Where, How, When lol

lol i picked mine up form wally world last holloween
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2012 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlackEmrald:

I'm fond of Lori as well

Gosh she is hot.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2012 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Niterrorz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2012 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that was pretty cool
Niterrorz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2012 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Niterrorz

4119 posts
Member since Sep 2010
AHHH i just kringed like a mutha! you all know what im talking about... Click to show

[This message has been edited by Niterrorz (edited 02-19-2012).]

theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2012 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I WANT TO SEE RICK AND SHANE FIGHT NOW!
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2012 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't wait to see Talking Dead.
Niterrorz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2012 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

YES!!!!!! ui know im watching the freaking comic book show just to see the preview of next week!
BlackEmrald

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2012 06:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I WANT TO SEE RICK KILL SHANE NOW!

Fixed

PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2012 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You know its going to happen, TV without drama is just a fish tank. But it is a shame that they took the character in that direction, I was hoping he would hook up with the blond and they would take off and then run back into the group later in the series. Rick is too much of a politician, always worried about what others are thinking of him. I was glad to see him defend his self. But the look in his eyes? Something snapped and its not going to end well for anyone.

I think Shane did what needed to be done, he may not have the best morals but look at the situation they are in. He killed Otis but they were both dead if something didn't happen. Besides don't overlook the fact that Otis shot the kid, who pulls the trigger without being sure of the target. Haven't seen Shane kill anyone he didn't mean to. They all need to come back to reality. The new kid needs to be interrogated and not let go until they know everything he knows. Plan for the worse, expect the worse, be surprised with it works out.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2012 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SPOILERS FROM THIS POINT ON!

Discussion will continue without hiding anything.

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

You know its going to happen, TV without drama is just a fish tank. But it is a shame that they took the character in that direction, I was hoping he would hook up with the blond and they would take off and then run back into the group later in the series. Rick is too much of a politician, always worried about what others are thinking of him. I was glad to see him defend his self. But the look in his eyes? Something snapped and its not going to end well for anyone.

I think Shane did what needed to be done, he may not have the best morals but look at the situation they are in. He killed Otis but they were both dead if something didn't happen. Besides don't overlook the fact that Otis shot the kid, who pulls the trigger without being sure of the target. Haven't seen Shane kill anyone he didn't mean to. They all need to come back to reality. The new kid needs to be interrogated and not let go until they know everything he knows. Plan for the worse, expect the worse, be surprised with it works out.

Rick is too much of a cop still. He thinks the situation through instead of just shooting from the hip. Others are still looking at him in an authoritative position. Shane thinks the means justifies the ends. Is it too soon to have a dog-eat-dog mentality? Did Otis have a chance to live or did Shane kill Otis in order to save himself? I think he did it to save himself. The new kid needs to be put in the barn. He won't escape any time soon and the inside of the barn looks like any other barn, except for the smell.

Preview from Talking Dead showed an interesting next week.

I also think it's better to stay at the farm instead of leaving. Use the farm as a central area. Send scouting parties out to get supplies. Once they are better prepared to venture out (more weapons (everyone should have at least two long bladed knifes on them), survival gear, cb radios and safer, stronger vehicles) they can move around a little more. If they left, where will they go to and what if the next group is more bloodthirsty and better armed than Shane is? Not to mention where's the next group of walkers?

[This message has been edited by Gokart Mozart (edited 02-20-2012).]

theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2012 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

I agree with some of the things Shane has done and said, but I also think he's an animal that needs to be tamed. He has lost all respect for Rick, and Rick has more than earned it, even taking away their lives before the zombies.

Shane isn't just a guy that does what needs to be done and asks questions later. He's not nice! Lol it sounds stupid but he's just a jerk.
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2012 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spoiler Alert!
Preview of the next episode!
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2012 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Scottzilla79

2573 posts
Member since Oct 2009

I agree with some of the things Shane has done and said, but I also think he's an animal that needs to be tamed. He has lost all respect for Rick, and Rick has more than earned it, even taking away their lives before the zombies.

Shane isn't just a guy that does what needs to be done and asks questions later. He's not nice! Lol it sounds stupid but he's just a jerk.

I see Shane as the villain of the series. Between him and Rick, you have the classic good leader evil leader thing. Idealist vs. pragmatist.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2012 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scottzilla79:

I see Shane as the villain of the series. Between him and Rick, you have the classic good leader evil leader thing. Idealist vs. pragmatist.

Nice to see you Scott!
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2012 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice to be seen!

I love this zombie show even though the logic of it is well- non existent!

BTW I went to this awesome place after I ran out of gambling money in vegas last fall.
http://www.zombieapocalypsestore.com/

I wish I lived out someplace where I could fire a gun on my property.

[This message has been edited by Scottzilla79 (edited 02-22-2012).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2012 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2012 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First pearson to post a pic of Hurshels real mom wins a prize!

Talking Dead.

Edit: She's still alive at 97!

[This message has been edited by weloveour86se (edited 02-27-2012).]

Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2012 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by weloveour86se:

First pearson to post a pic of Hurshels real mom wins a prize!

Talking Dead.

Edit: She's still alive at 97!

dang it PIP is not working for me.

edit: downloaded the newest version so now it's working, lets see.

[This message has been edited by Tom Slick (edited 02-28-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
Niterrorz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
almost that time again folks! and only a few episodes left in the season! whats gonna happen this time around?
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Niterrorz:

almost that time again folks! and only a few episodes left in the season! whats gonna happen this time around?

I'm guessing more screwing around on the farm.....been there for like 50 episodes or something.
Niterrorz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Click to show
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Niterrorz:

Click to show

I did not see that coming!
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Freaking stupid.
CoryFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Freaking stupid awesome

ftfy

Probably the best episode of season 2.

Click to show
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoryFiero:

ftfy

Probably the best episode of season 2.

Click to show

I can understand that. And this will move the story along well. It was good writing... I just can't believe Click to show

Anyways, the story seems like it'll pick up again.
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Goodbyeeeee moral compass!
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2012 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfiero:

I did not see that coming!

Even after his foreshadowing line during the group discussion?

"That's not a world I want to live in"

And then walks outside by himself?

Anyways, good episode. Had me on edge for an adequate amount of time. And the after-episode preview for next week looks even better!
mrfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2012 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

Even after his foreshadowing line during the group discussion?

"That's not a world I want to live in"

And then walks outside by himself?

Anyways, good episode. Had me on edge for an adequate amount of time. And the after-episode preview for next week looks even better!

Well, yeah. I guess I'd gotten so used to not having any of the principles killed that I didn't figure it would happen. How many times have others gotten close to dying, but saved themselves at the last minute? I sorta wished Carl had gotten it at the stream......he's starting to annoy me.

Anyway, maybe now they can start shooting first and asking questions later. Trying to instill morality in an immoral world is a bit stupid.
PFF
System Bot
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2012 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I sorta wished Carl had gotten it at the stream......he's starting to annoy me.

I think if anyone is dumb enough to walk off from the group on their own, they deserve whatever fate they end up with.

Anyway, maybe now they can start shooting first and asking questions later. Trying to instill morality in an immoral world is a bit stupid.

But the morality part, could you really just execute Randall? They really put themselves in a pickle when they took him off the fence, should've put him down there/left him.

Now I would feel obligated to give the kid a chance, but you can't since he's gonna be PISSED at the people that have held him captive, and there will never be any trust. I guess that's what it looks like they do anyways though next week, and Randall takes a shot a Shane.

mrfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2012 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

But the morality part, could you really just execute Randall? They really put themselves in a pickle when they took him off the fence, should've put him down there/left him.

Now I would feel obligated to give the kid a chance, but you can't since he's gonna be PISSED at the people that have held him captive, and there will never be any trust. I guess that's what it looks like they do anyways though next week, and Randall takes a shot a Shane.

Given that he tried to kill the guys at teh bar I would have no problem putting him down. Then again.....I would have left him stuck to that fence post in the first place.

You are right though.....with all the torturing, etc. he will never trust the group and the group will in turn never trust him (if they ever would have), so given that they really should have killed him. It looks like Daryl was about to do that when Dale was attacked.....now Randall seems to have escaped (per the preview), so it will come back to haunt them in the end.

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2012 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dale was an annoying, whiney do gooder. If he was dumb enought to go for a stroll by himself, Darwin won. I also agree Carl needs to get eaten ASAP.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2012 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dale was the extreme moral compass. He was the one most disenchanted with the zombies. Now life at the farm will be more matter of fact. Everyone has been brought into the future and faced the fact there is no law anymore, just survival. The zombies are real and living is more dangerous. They are still living in a dream where they think there's a safe area to travel to. The thought of Hershel kicking them off the farm hasn't been dismissed. They haven't talked about everyone's thoughts on the future.

They're poorly armed and supplies are low. They are no match for the gang of 30 with automatic weapons. They need to go in an increasing diameter range and get supplies. Several runs to the drug store? Forget it! One big trip and empty the place. Acetylene tanks and school buses are great things to have. Also if you get anything worthwhile, roaming gangs won't have a reason to stop and if they do, if you're well armed and fortified, they'll run out of supplies before you do and they have to travel a long distance to find more. Get a bunch of vehicles and set them up as a mine field. Make it look like an abandoned junk yard instead of a farm. Dig 8 foot deep pits between the cars to keep walkers away. Build real watchtowers that are camouflaged with communication and an escape cable back to the house. None of the vehicles have CBs or have been modified? Makeshift weapons like shields with retracting spikes will stop walkers without wasting bullets. Once you clear out an area there will be no reason to go back there. For that matter, why not demolish all buildings? In time, and after winter, see what the walker situation is like. Do they 'die' after a period of time and how does the cold effect them?

Randall should be killed. He's a bigger threat than walkers because if he was let go, he would find his friends and destroy the farm and everyone there. Carl needs to have been scratched by the walker. Hershel will get his act back together and be more focused on survival.
One question I have is why did the walker tear Dale apart instead of going for the neck?

[This message has been edited by Gokart Mozart (edited 03-05-2012).]

WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post03-05-2012 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Dale was an annoying, whiney do gooder. If he was dumb enought to go for a stroll by himself, Darwin won. I also agree Carl needs to get eaten ASAP.

This! Little Carl turned into a little **** last night. I figured Dale was going to get it the way the writers made me want to slap that dude in the beard. I think Carl is going to get his little ass filled with the Hillbilly's boot for taking his pistol. I thought for sure the zombie was going to start shooting! How epic would that have been.
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post03-05-2012 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

WhiteDevil88

8518 posts
Member since Mar 2007

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

Dale was the extreme moral compass. He was the one most disenchanted with the zombies. Now life at the farm will be more matter of fact. Everyone has been brought into the future and faced the fact there is no law anymore, just survival. The zombies are real and living is more dangerous. They are still living in a dream where they think there's a safe area to travel to. The thought of Hershel kicking them off the farm hasn't been dismissed. They haven't talked about everyone's thoughts on the future.

They're poorly armed and supplies are low. They are no match for the gang of 30 with automatic weapons. They need to go in an increasing diameter range and get supplies. Several runs to the drug store? Forget it! One big trip and empty the place. Acetylene tanks and school buses are great things to have. Also if you get anything worthwhile, roaming gangs won't have a reason to stop and if they do, if you're well armed and fortified, they'll run out of supplies before you do and they have to travel a long distance to find more. Get a bunch of vehicles and set them up as a mine field. Make it look like an abandoned junk yard instead of a farm. Dig 8 foot deep pits between the cars to keep walkers away. Build real watchtowers that are camouflaged with communication and an escape cable back to the house. None of the vehicles have CBs or have been modified? Makeshift weapons like shields with retracting spikes will stop walkers without wasting bullets. Once you clear out an area there will be no reason to go back there. For that matter, why not demolish all buildings? In time, and after winter, see what the walker situation is like. Do they 'die' after a period of time and how does the cold effect them?

Randall should be killed. He's a bigger threat than walkers because if he was let go, he would find his friends and destroy the farm and everyone there. Carl needs to have been scratched by the walker. Hershel will get his act back together and be more focused on survival.
One question I have is why did the walker tear Dale apart instead of going for the neck?

Yeah, I never got that "trip to town" thing. You got time, load up everything not perishable one time, big truck.

As far as the walker not biting out his neck, Dale had his hands firmly around the neck, but it's hands were free to rip at his gut.
G-Man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2012 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for G-ManSend a Private Message to G-ManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As far as a zombie ripping Dale's gut open, is this even possible? Could a living, healthy human have the strength to do this? That zombie tore him open like it was opening an envelope. For being dead and decomposing, zombies sure seem to be incredibly strong.
isthiswhereiputausername?

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2012 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for isthiswhereiputausername?Send a Private Message to isthiswhereiputausername?Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:
Do they 'die' after a period of time and how does the cold effect them?

They would slowly die off.. About 6-12 months later, they would be pretty soupy.. BUT no telling how long it would take before they would all be just bones..

Example: Zombie A is almost too rotton to continue, but gets a new victim.. before they are completely rotted away, they may get another person and just keep the cycle going.. BUT safe to say, about 2-5 years later, it would be about nil.

No gun stores near them? No other farms they can raid and clean house? No wild chickens or animals still around any of the other farms?

Dang.. Carl is getting annoying.. Actually, most of them are getting annoying
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2012 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by G-Man:

As far as a zombie ripping Dale's gut open, is this even possible? Could a living, healthy human have the strength to do this? That zombie tore him open like it was opening an envelope. For being dead and decomposing, zombies sure seem to be incredibly strong.

The director of the episode was on Talking Dead after the episode and explained the tearing action being possible by the sharp finger bones that eventually are bare from zombies finger flesh falling off.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock