Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  THE WALKING DEAD!!!!! (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
THE WALKING DEAD!!!!! by Niterrorz
Started on: 10-15-2011 01:34 PM
Replies: 566 (8491 views)
Last post by: FIEROPHREK on 12-03-2014 09:22 AM
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2011 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just found this on Netflix - watched the 1st season back to back. good stuff.
was bummed it was only 6 episodes tho....

when will someone invent the zombie treadmill for making electricity??!?!! Zombies are a source of infinite energy, and should be harnessed.
IP: Logged
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2011 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jonesy:

Man when they dissected that zombie in the forest to search his guts to make sure he didnt eat the little girl.. Ick!.. lol.

I thought that was a over the top especially when he said my knife is sharper. Should of been one cut since their flesh is already decaying.
Jonesy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2011 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tom Slick:

I thought that was a over the top especially when he said my knife is sharper. Should of been one cut since their flesh is already decaying.

I dunno, dried out flesh tends to get a bit leathery, and not to mention he had to cut through the muscle as well.. I dont think it would be as easy a cut as you think..

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2011 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Waddling Dead
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2011 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is pretty gross for a tv show.
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2011 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I watched the first season, pretty good. Then I read the comic books. Every issue of the comic leaves you hanging at the end. I probably plowed through the first 10-12 issues and then realized that I needed to get some sleep for work. Plowed another 10-12 issues. I can't believe that the comic has been running since 2003... Pick it up and you will be shocked. It is NOT a kid friendly comic...

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel

Niterrorz

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2011 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks monk i didnt even know they had a comic of it. how accuratly does the tv show reflect the comic? i dont wanna start reading the comic and then ruin the series.
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2011 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Niterrorz:

thanks monk i didnt even know they had a comic of it. how accuratly does the tv show reflect the comic? i dont wanna start reading the comic and then ruin the series.

I don't think the show could ever come close to doing what happens in the comic. If you read the comic you will have to separate them in your mind, like the Harry Potter books versus the movies. The books are far better then the movies, but the movies have some things that make them stand in their own way. Chris Columbus kept them close to the books in the first 2 movies and then they progressively got worse after that until the last 2 movies.

Anyhow, back to The Walking Dead... If I remember correctly, the first 6 episodes are covered in the first 2-3 issues of the comic (and the last issue I read was around 80 or so). Do not read this comic expecting any warm and fuzzy feeling, it doesn't make any appologies for it's dark story (like the wife possibly being pregnant by his partner).

*Rant* In the comic the whole CDC episode didn't happen. I don't know why so many shows and movies have this new urge to tell you why something "happened". I don't know if it is because people don't have the attention span to just enjoy, but I know the first time this really pissed me off was when George Lucas decided he needed to explain The Force as "midi-chlorians". I don't know how many times I tried to move stuff like that kid in the Volkswagon commercial, I don't need old man Lucas trying to explain something that doesn't need explaining. If you want to explain something, explain Jar Jar Binks and those two lame Ewok movies with Wilford "diabetes" Brimley... *End rant*

If you can separate the two media formats, get the comics. If you can't and love the show, don't get the comics. If you can't and get the comics, you probably won't go back to the tv show...
weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2011 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Their Back! 9 p.m... Fridge is stocked, left handed cig's ready. Let's see some zombags!
Niterrorz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2011 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MulletproofMonk:

I don't think the show could ever come close to doing what happens in the comic. If you read the comic you will have to separate them in your mind, like the Harry Potter books versus the movies. The books are far better then the movies, but the movies have some things that make them stand in their own way. Chris Columbus kept them close to the books in the first 2 movies and then they progressively got worse after that until the last 2 movies.

Anyhow, back to The Walking Dead... If I remember correctly, the first 6 episodes are covered in the first 2-3 issues of the comic (and the last issue I read was around 80 or so). Do not read this comic expecting any warm and fuzzy feeling, it doesn't make any appologies for it's dark story (like the wife possibly being pregnant by his partner).

*Rant* In the comic the whole CDC episode didn't happen. I don't know why so many shows and movies have this new urge to tell you why something "happened". I don't know if it is because people don't have the attention span to just enjoy, but I know the first time this really pissed me off was when George Lucas decided he needed to explain The Force as "midi-chlorians". I don't know how many times I tried to move stuff like that kid in the Volkswagon commercial, I don't need old man Lucas trying to explain something that doesn't need explaining. If you want to explain something, explain Jar Jar Binks and those two lame Ewok movies with Wilford "diabetes" Brimley... *End rant*

If you can separate the two media formats, get the comics. If you can't and love the show, don't get the comics. If you can't and get the comics, you probably won't go back to the tv show...

nice and i totally agree with the star wars crap it seems he rereleases them ever 10 years like thats all he can live on. as if indiana jones wasnt totaly epic, im not a huge star wars fan but enough to hate when he messed with the series.

5 minutes to go!

[This message has been edited by Niterrorz (edited 10-23-2011).]

Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2011 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can someone explain to me how the doc knew how many fragmented pieces are left in the boy w/o an X-ray.

Thanks
PFF
System Bot
Niterrorz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2011 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i was thinking the same thing lol. unles he felt around with a prod or somethign but then again we are dealing with zombies here :-P
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2011 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Can someone explain to me how the doc knew how many fragmented pieces are left in the boy w/o an X-ray.

Thanks

Magic. Anywho, the show continues to be awesome. It's one of the things I look forward to every Sunday, after football of course.
BlackEmrald

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2011 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks

I thought that after it passed through the deer it broke up?
N3M3S1S

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2011 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlackEmrald:

I thought that after it passed through the deer it broke up?

The guy who made the shot SAID it did, but the doc said it fragmented but by going through the deer it slowed down enough to save his life.
Niterrorz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2011 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2011 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! I guess Shane really is a POS.

I wish they didn't slow things up so much wth the missing girl and shot boy though.....I want to see more progress, as it were, towards figuring things out. It just seems like the storyline has stalled a little.
Niterrorz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2011 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfiero:

Wow! I guess Shane really is a POS.

I wish they didn't slow things up so much wth the missing girl and shot boy though.....I want to see more progress, as it were, towards figuring things out. It just seems like the storyline has stalled a little.

i agree they are draging things out a bit but i so figured shane left that guy for dead before they actually showed it. interesting to see what happens next week
mrfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2011 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Before he started shaving his head and we saw the patch of missing hair, I thought they had shot each other and Otis just missed.

Anyway, I chalk this week up to a filler episode. It didn't really further the story, but we learned a bit more about some of the characters. I really want to find out what happened to Merle.....I wonder if daryl will revert back to his old ways if/when he's reunited with his brother (who is more of a hard core skinhead type).
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2011 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I knew Otis wouldn't make it back from the school but I didn't expect Shane to be the cause of it. I would of bet that Otis would sacrifice himself so Shane could make it back. I guess Shane wanted to increase his odds of making it back.

On another note why isn't the farm house not boarded up? To keep the walkers at bay.
N3M3S1S

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2011 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I missed this episode because I was watching the Eagles spank the Cowboys. Gonna catch it tomorrow On Demand.
PFF
System Bot
mrfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2011 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

On another note why isn't the farm house not boarded up? To keep the walkers at bay.

I believe the farm is ~160 acres, so maybe it's so far in the middle of nowhere that the walkers can't sense/smell them and thus never come close to the house.
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2011 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfiero:
I believe the farm is ~160 acres, so maybe it's so far in the middle of nowhere that the walkers can't sense/smell them and thus never come close to the house.

That might be the case but I wouldn't want to take that chance.

The dangling walker was just priceless. Hanging there like a piñata.

I love this show it better not have a lame ending like in Lost I'd be so
F'n pissed.
Niterrorz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2011 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well they do have horses so chances are its fenced in albiet wood fences for the animals but theres a good chance they have other animals as well. plus there was a referance to a gate when the guy with the bad arm infection and the asian kid came up to the door. so i would say that if theres a gate theres a fence around th ewhole property.
TommyRocker

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2011 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The dude with the arm wound is totally going to turn into a Zombie and kill the doctor and Otis' wife. Then the hot chick is going to set out with the group as the delivery boy's girlfriend.
Niterrorz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2011 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
everybody ready?
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2011 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well....another fun filled day at the farm....

[This message has been edited by Falcon Fiero (edited 11-06-2011).]

Niterrorz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2011 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ya i was thinking the same thing they are dragging this finding the girl crap out way to long but at least someone finally got laid and we found out something else about the sherriffs wife

[This message has been edited by Niterrorz (edited 11-06-2011).]

1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2011 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Poor episode. Find the girl already! Glad to see Meryl will be back, at least it should add more to the story. Anyone know how many episodes in this season?

edit: Did anyone watch Hell On Wheels? Missed the premiere, might catch it on demand it its worth it.

[This message has been edited by 1988holleyformula (edited 11-07-2011).]

Niterrorz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2011 03:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
there are going to be 12 in all 6 in the fall and then it starts back up in febuary with the next 6
BlackEmrald

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2011 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought it was a good episode. I'm betting they find the girl next episode.
PFF
System Bot
mrfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2011 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:
edit: Did anyone watch Hell On Wheels? Missed the premiere, might catch it on demand it its worth it.

I watched it and it has promise.
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2011 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My coworkers and i just love this show it's the first thing we talk about Monday morning. It was mention do you think something strange is going on in the barn. When Rick told the doc that we can move closer to the barn to be out of his way the doc said no stay close to the house. Hmmm. Why would it matter if the doc house isn't boarded up he's not afraid of walkers so neither should Rick and the gang camping close to the barn. What secrets is the doc hiding in the barn? Loved ones that have turned. The swimmer in the well was that a loved one, Maggie seem really distract when T-Dog bashed in its head.

Anybody watch the talking dead? They had maggie on there, dang she is really cute. I need to find out what other works she's done.
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2011 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Anybody watch the talking dead? They had maggie on there, dang she is really cute. I need to find out what other works she's done.

I dig her accent as well.

And now that you mention it, that old barn kept grabbing my eye while the doc and the sheriff were talking, I just didn't notice it consciously.
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2011 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dang Tom, you called that one!

Hell On Wheels is promising as well!
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2011 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Falcon Fiero:

well....another fun filled day at the farm....

ditto
Niterrorz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2011 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i thought daryl was gonna die for a second when that broad shot him i was pissed!

tom you called it tho zombies in the barn nice!
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2011 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not a big fan of season 2 so far. extremely slow moving. Plot twists are too easy to see. Shane was dead in the first season of comics, the cdc never existed. CDC was a nice touch in season 1 but shane should still be dead. So far season 2 is why i hate Hollywood. I may stop watching due to it not gripping me like the comics did or like the first season did. It's becoming too predictable.
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2011 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:
Dang Tom, you called that one!

Originally posted by Niterroz:
tom you called it tho zombies in the barn nice!

thanks guys, i knew something had to be in there when they kept showing it.

that walker was gnawing on daryl's foot hope it didn't get to the skin.

at first i didn't think merle was a hallucination until i saw both of his hands then hit me.

when are they going to find sophia, enough is enough.
BlackEmrald

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2011 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow good episode!

I think the decaying corpse that was in the sneak peak after the episode is Sophias corpse.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock