Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  THE WALKING DEAD!!!!! (Page 11)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
THE WALKING DEAD!!!!! by Niterrorz
Started on: 10-15-2011 01:34 PM
Replies: 566 (8491 views)
Last post by: FIEROPHREK on 12-03-2014 09:22 AM
Niterrorz

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2013 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Seeing it from the beginning is best. For me the show was better and more well done and had a better story than any Zombie movie. That was impressive. It also was well acted. As with most shows and things similar to a series, (like a movie trilogy) I like the beginnings best. The original characters and seeing them deveolop.

The one thing that bugs me about it, and its realism, is there would be no good gasoline anymore. It would all have spoiled.

you forget.... only 1 year has elapsed in the walking dead not 3
IP: Logged

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2013 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Niterrorz:

you forget.... only 1 year has elapsed in the walking dead not 3

1 year, thats doable. Cool beans!
I love it even more now
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2013 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Because he failed and he knows it.

He turned people out, he was going to give up one of the group to a crazy person.
He let Andrea return with the governor after he was propositioned into giving up on a group member.

I wasn't a big fan of Merl but he was a wasted asset and now Rick with have to deal with Daryl's resentment and Michonne's mistrust. He made the only play he could and turned over running the group before they returned.

He didn't fail. He allowed people to do what they need to do for themselves. One of the issues he has is ruling over the group. He knows he can't rule. He's released much of that by saying he's no longer in charge. It might be a larger issue to him than you realize. How could he stop Andrea or Meryl? Put them in a cell? He knows that would be wrong.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2013 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Gokart Mozart

12143 posts
Member since Mar 2003

Originally posted by Uaana:

Two other little things about last nights ep

1. The complete lack of overgrowth along the roads, they should have shot in Detroit to chronicle ongoing urban decay. BTW who's mowing the lawn at the prison?
2. Continuity error, the caprice was on 22's (if not bigger), but as it was rolling along, it switched to original 15"s and then back.

Watch it again when Meryl goes to hot wire the car. As he's leaning under the dash, Michonne's sword is hanging out the door. The next scene, it's on the seat.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2013 04:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

He didn't fail. He allowed people to do what they need to do for themselves. One of the issues he has is ruling over the group. He knows he can't rule. He's released much of that by saying he's no longer in charge. It might be a larger issue to him than you realize. How could he stop Andrea or Meryl? Put them in a cell? He knows that would be wrong.

First he should have told the group as soon as they got back. By telling them he could have neutralized the decision for everyone.

Merl was one bad decision after another all it takes for that kind of a personality is a suggestion. He wanted to do right but in his twisted mind giving the governor what he wanted was the right decision, it wasn't until he started talking to Michonne that he realized that no matter what it wasn't going to end well. He finally took the only high road left to him.

As for Andrea, he just walk by her without any concern at all. Much like the hitch hiker on the road, just cold and dead inside. He didn't have to lock her up, just give her the option. It would have been good for the group having one more gun.

But I guess thats what keeps us coming back for more drama
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2013 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
haha, I didnt catch those. Your right about the prison, after 3 years growth, the grass should be waist high at least. I havent heard any references or seen a calendar as to time passed, so I equate 3 seasons to 3 years. Even if its only one year, that battery would have still been dead. Ive never been able to start a car thats sat for a year without pouring gas in the intake...certainly not by simply turning the key. I did think I seen him pumping the gas pedal but the gas in the carb would have evaporated months before.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 03-26-2013).]

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2013 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
319+ days since outbreak. Timeline: http://walkingdead.wikia.co...vision_Show_Timeline
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2013 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Gokart Mozart

12143 posts
Member since Mar 2003

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

First he should have told the group as soon as they got back. By telling them he could have neutralized the decision for everyone.

Merl was one bad decision after another all it takes for that kind of a personality is a suggestion. He wanted to do right but in his twisted mind giving the governor what he wanted was the right decision, it wasn't until he started talking to Michonne that he realized that no matter what it wasn't going to end well. He finally took the only high road left to him.

As for Andrea, he just walk by her without any concern at all. Much like the hitch hiker on the road, just cold and dead inside. He didn't have to lock her up, just give her the option. It would have been good for the group having one more gun.

But I guess thats what keeps us coming back for more drama

The hitchhiker was one more person he couldn't fit into his already fragile grasp of leadership. He didn't want to trust anyone new, he lost his wife for the second time, this time for real, and he was still anguishing over the loss. He sent Tyreese and others away but it was through the vision of Lori.
FieroSTETZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2013 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroSTETZClick Here to visit FieroSTETZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroSTETZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WHEN DID DARYL HAVE TIME TO GET HIS HAIR COLORED
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2013 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been playing left 4 dead 2, so I got interested in this show. Downloaded seasons one and two, and let the rest load into the DVR. Just got caught up this week. Great show, a lot like playing the game!
Asphalt Risin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2013 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Asphalt RisinSend a Private Message to Asphalt RisinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroSTETZ:

WHEN DID DARYL HAVE TIME TO GET HIS HAIR COLORED

Meryl did it for him while they were in the woods. (just before they helped out the group on the bridge).... That's why he started calling Darryl a pansy. Kinda hypocritical though, considering he was the one wearing the latex gloves.
PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2013 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All the episodes from the pilot on in order, are on every evening this week.
HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2013 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDSend a Private Message to HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was pretty floored this last episode. I kinda saw it commin, but at the same time I didnt.

Click to show
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2013 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

All the episodes from the pilot on in order, are on every evening this week.

They do that too often. I mean really, I know they get money from the show, but they can come up with another show to fill those spots.

How about airing all of the Mad Men episodes before they start the new season? I never watched season 5, and would love to get caught up. A man can dream....
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2013 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

They do that too often. I mean really, I know they get money from the show, but they can come up with another show to fill those spots.

How about airing all of the Mad Men episodes before they start the new season? I never watched season 5, and would love to get caught up. A man can dream....

I got all the back episodes of walking dead from torrent downloads.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2013 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had recorded the most recent episode. Just watched it. I gotta say, when Daryl found Merl at the end, I had tears too.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2013 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I had recorded the most recent episode. Just watched it. I gotta say, when Daryl found Merl at the end, I had tears too.

The wife dying in childbirth, and her son shooting her was WAY sad.
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2013 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Good call. After “Zou Bisou Bisou” in the season premiere, I stopped watching that show, but it'd be nice to get caught up on that without having to stream them online. I really enjoyed the 4 seasons, I don't know why season 5 never piqued my interest.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2013 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

Good call. After “Zou Bisou Bisou” in the season premiere, I stopped watching that show, but it'd be nice to get caught up on that without having to stream them online. I really enjoyed the 4 seasons, I don't know why season 5 never piqued my interest.

I "acquired" them pretty much right after I wrote that comment, and I'm on Episode 7. It's just not as good as the rest, but the poster for Season 6 makes it look like things are going to be pretty exciting!

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2013 06:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow.
AntiKev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2013 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AntiKevClick Here to visit AntiKev's HomePageSend a Private Message to AntiKevEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well...at least now Mad Men can start. I was not impressed by this season:

PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2013 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

Wow.

Just watched it.
Yep just wow
BlackEmrald

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2013 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am VERY happy with the way things worked out.

Woo Hoo!
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2013 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So the Gov is down to 2 guys and an empty town. Prison grew 4x. 3 new active characters that will get killed at some time. Walkers are still coming in the cracks in the walls. Are there girls Carl's age? What new challenges will come next season? The National Guard guys must have had a base somewhere. Are there more survivors and will they be put in solitary confinement until they find out if they're good or not? Will Carl become Gov jr?
Asphalt Risin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2013 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Asphalt RisinSend a Private Message to Asphalt RisinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How is it that all of the governers people (who are all armed by the way)... just stand and watch, while he mows down the whole group? ...and the couple guys remaining, knowing he's gone off the deep end, continue to follow him after all that? Crazy.

...Carl was right in everything he said.

[This message has been edited by Asphalt Risin (edited 04-02-2013).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2013 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Asphalt Risin:

How is it that all of the governers people (who are all armed by the way)... just stand and watch, while he mows down the whole group? ...and the couple guys remaining, knowing he's gone off the deep end, continue to follow him after all that? Crazy.

...Carl was right in everything he said.

?
If you think Carl was right you should know I would think. Those two guys who stayed with the Governor would probably agree with Carls view as well.
Asphalt Risin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2013 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Asphalt RisinSend a Private Message to Asphalt RisinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

?
If you think Carl was right you should know I would think. Those two guys who stayed with the Governor would probably agree with Carls view as well.

Really? You think the mentallities are that close? Interesting. I don't know that I'd have the stomach to do what Carl did, when someone is handing over a weapon (which is a bit concerning at his age). ....but I agree with his perspective.... They have had a lot of things come back to bite them (good pun eh ) due to making proper.. ethical choices. After losing so many, I think my tolerance would wear a bit thin too.
Niterrorz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2013 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
carl told that kid to put it down and he stalled and wanted to hand it to him. had he pulled that crap with me id have executed his ass to. he gave every indication that he was gonna try something and i wouldnt have nore should carl have given him that chance.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2013 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Niterrorz:

carl told that kid to put it down and he stalled and wanted to hand it to him. had he pulled that crap with me id have executed his ass to. he gave every indication that he was gonna try something and i wouldnt have nore should carl have given him that chance.

The only conflict I see is like you say, the kid stalled and and was slowly handing it to him. It was uneasy, but what isnt uneasy when a gun is aimed at your head. If it were me and I was doubting his intent I would have maybe shot his gun holding arm but not killed him. If it was heat of the moment and Carl had admitted that to his dad I would say it isnt as concerning under the circumstances. But Carl laid out his reasons basically being fear.
I wonder if the stranger kids age had anything to do with what Carl did, or would it have been different with an adult, or someone even younger, or female?

I would think other than disgust that the Govs people didnt do exactly as he said, the Gov acted out in fear as well. He thought he couldnt trust those people to do what he said any longer. The opposite of what Rick did, Rick recently decided it wasnt right for himself to be the final and only say. The two guys who stayed with the Gov, either agreed with what he did, feared life without the Gov, or thought they would not be able to take him out (I think they could have).

Just my take.
Sorry if I came off harsh.
Thats one of the great things about this show, all the dilemmas of principle, and moral standings.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 04-02-2013).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2013 06:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now they are just getting silly with killing main people in the plot.
Look out Maggie there is a bitter with your name on it.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2013 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
PFF
System Bot
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://blogs.amctv.com/the-...rkman-fan-chat-i.php

Executive Producer and Writer Robert Kirkman Answers Fan Questions - Part I

Q: What was the reasoning behind having Laurie Holden's character killed in the Season 3 Finale? --Cancerdog

A: We were really working on the Woodbury arc, and it sort of played out that it made sense. The only thing that would make Rick accept the remainder of Woodbury would be something as tragic as seeing Andrea lose her life. The unfortunate thing about all these deaths is that right now the audience is saying, "Oh my God, why did you kill Andrea?" We understand that's an emotional thing -- it's supposed to be -- but there's a lot of stuff in Season 4 that comes from that moment. Once the viewer sees the next season, they'll know why we did it.

Q: With Rick bringing more people back to the prison, will this is some way complicate his relationship with Carl? --Diana M Sawyer

A: We'll have to find out in Season 4, but I will say that the dynamic between Rick and Carl is going to be a central focus of the season, and it is going to change in some startling and interesting ways.

Q: Can the group survive if something happens to Rick? --Jamal Montgomery

A: Yes, absolutely. We've been saying that no one is safe on this show, and I wouldn't rule out seeing the death of Rick Grimes at almost any point. We really like to keep people guessing, and I could definitely see some interesting stories coming from that. While Rick has been a pretty solid leader, he's definitely made his share of mistakes. I think seeing Daryl or Maggie or Glenn picking up a larger leadership role in the group could pose some interesting story possibilities.

Q: Robert, will we see Morgan again? --TonyinKC

A: Well, all I can really say is that the guy's not dead, and Rick definitely knows where he is. The door is always open for an eventual return of Morgan. When or how that will happen will have to remain a mystery for now, but I think it's definitely a possibility.
Niterrorz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
as much as i hate winter October cant come soon enough.....
weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2013 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fats

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2013 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Watching the new Webisodes getting ready for the new season in a few days.

http://blogs.amctv.com/the-...3.13&utm_term=282706

Brad
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 06:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will there be a WD marathon before the start of the next season? I need to rewatch the last couple episode to get back into the WD mindset.
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2013 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More Walking Dead starts tonight!!

weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did anyone else watch it?

Nick is my new favorite zombie!
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by weloveour86se:

Did anyone else watch it?

Nick is my new favorite zombie!

I loved it--I heard a lot of people didn't though!

I thought it was pretty awesome how they set it up. Looks like next week we get to see a good bit of action in the jail.
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I loved it--I heard a lot of people didn't though!

I thought it was pretty awesome how they set it up. Looks like next week we get to see a good bit of action in the jail.

What? Really? We thought it was pretty good. What do they want? Lead characters dying on the season opener?

Plus they have a new pathogen.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock