Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  THE WALKING DEAD!!!!! (Page 10)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
THE WALKING DEAD!!!!! by Niterrorz
Started on: 10-15-2011 01:34 PM
Replies: 566 (8491 views)
Last post by: FIEROPHREK on 12-03-2014 09:22 AM
BlackEmrald

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Celthora87GT:

I thought it was a terrible season premier... I will not make it my next priority to watch next week, if I get to it, i get to it.

Yeah, that's right! You tell that show!

In all seriousness, I thought the episode was a decent one, and I enjoyed The Talking Dead as always.
IP: Logged
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think the next one will be cool with the start of the conflict between the two groups. Does anyone else think the townies are just too quick to pick sides? One second they're in utopia, next they want to run away and then they feel all warm and fuzzy after Andrea's speech.

Originally posted by Fats:

[HIDE]
/HIDE]

Brad

No need to hide things here, you're amongst friends...
Fats

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

I think the next one will be cool with the start of the conflict between the two groups. Does anyone else think the townies are just too quick to pick sides? One second they're in utopia, next they want to run away and then they feel all warm and fuzzy after Andrea's speech.

No need to hide things here, you're amongst friends...

Heh, I didn't want to spoil something for someone else in my position. (missed the first go round.)

And I agree on the townies, really really fast to change sides.

I predict that in the next few episodes the new group of people in the prison will have one or two people in it that work constantly to "take over" the prison, and manage to kill, or severely injure at least one person. The Governor, who is as emotionally unstable as Grimes will also send a group of men to attack the prison, perhaps at the same time as the people are attempting to overthrow it.

The one thing I think needs to be added to the show, smoke detectors in the empty buildings. Right now on the show there should be a smoke detector in most houses with a dying battery, and a "chirp" every few minutes. I was working in a place a month or so ago, about two city blocks of abandoned houses, empty for years. We heard constant beeping from those things, really kinda made it creepy.

Brad
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think Allen is a loose cannon and might join the Woodbury group, maybe even betraying the prison by letting them in.
I still would like the see Morgan Jones and his son from the pilot episode find their way to the prison.
What's also going to be interesting is next season. After the conclusion of the third season, Glen Mazzara will step down from his position as showrunner and executive producer for the series, in a mutual agreement by both Mazzara and AMC. The press release read, "Both parties acknowledge that there is a difference of opinion about where the show should go moving forward, and conclude that it is best to part ways."
Fats

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That wasn't a bad episode there.

I was really starting to like the one prisoner though.

Brad
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah he was cool, I wasn't expecting that
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:

And I agree on the townies, really really fast to change sides.
Brad

Love how the Governor made a point in tonight's episode to let Andrea know "Your speech was exactly what they needed to hear."

Awesome ending tonight!

edit: I agree with the other prisoner, he was almost to the point where I knew his name!

[This message has been edited by 1988holleyformula (edited 02-18-2013).]

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keep the sheeple contained. wonder what the townies would do if Andrea spoke about how freaky the gov actually is.
Was zoning, getting the feel of the prison folk, seeing the dramatics going and then BLAM! boy, that got your heart racing. They will not be caught unguarded twice. Yea the gates are down and there's walkers inside but the fence can be repaired and the road more secured with that van blocking the bridge. Whatshisname gave me the heebie jeebies, thinking he was in for rape or pedio. At least one of the townies was killed. Wonder what will happen to Merle? His mouth is to quick for his own good. Maybe have him go through the catacombs and clear out the walkers. They might be more hospitable to Michonne and let the brothers use the bus.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Keep the sheeple contained. wonder what the townies would do if Andrea spoke about how freaky the gov actually is.
Was zoning, getting the feel of the prison folk, seeing the dramatics going and then BLAM! boy, that got your heart racing. They will not be caught unguarded twice. Yea the gates are down and there's walkers inside but the fence can be repaired and the road more secured with that van blocking the bridge. Whatshisname gave me the heebie jeebies, thinking he was in for rape or pedio. At least one of the townies was killed. Wonder what will happen to Merle? His mouth is to quick for his own good. Maybe have him go through the catacombs and clear out the walkers. They might be more hospitable to Michonne and let the brothers use the bus.

I think Merle will either be completely redeemed this season or will die this season. My money is on dying. Either way, the Merle we all know and love hate won't be there next season.

I also thought he was in for rape. I think that's why they put in the reason in this episode--make you just start to like him then shock you out of it.

It was a great episode, but the governor's attack was really weak. At this point killing walkers should be a walk in the park.

Has anyone wondered why they don't call them zombies? Surely, zombie-lore existed in their universe! Haha.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Zombies

I mean more in the show.

The prison calls them walkers. Woodbury calls them biters. Nobody calls them zombies...

EDIT: Just read the section "nicknames". Forget I was here...

Thanks for the link.

[This message has been edited by theBDub (edited 02-18-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
G-Man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2013 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for G-ManSend a Private Message to G-ManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The reason they don't call them zombies is because the word 'zombie' does not exist in their world. They mentioned this on one of the Talking Dead shows last Fall. I think it was the same guy who was on last Sunday.

Gary
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2013 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I still would like the see Morgan Jones and his son from the pilot episode find their way to the prison.

I called it, kinda...
Fats

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2013 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"My wife's dead, and my son thinks he's Wyatt Earp."

One of the posts on story sync earlier, made me lol.

Brad
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2013 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I called it, kinda...

You totally did. I was thinking about your post when this episode aired.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2013 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I was watching Talking Dead tonight, recorded it. How many Brits are on the show?
Uaana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2013 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, going to jump on the Kill Carl group. He's too stupid to live.(bldg full of walkers. Oh sure.. but I want a pic of my mommy)

Far past time where this little idiot nutted up and got a grip on what's going on and what's important.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2013 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Uaana:

Sorry, going to jump on the Kill Carl group. He's too stupid to live.(bldg full of walkers. Oh sure.. but I want a pic of my mommy)

Far past time where this little idiot nutted up and got a grip on what's going on and what's important.

Completely disagree. He has the most sense out of anyone left outside Daryl from my perspective.

Sometimes the little things keep you going. And 10 zombies should be cake by now.
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2013 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

Completely disagree. He has the most sense out of anyone left outside Daryl from my perspective.

Sometimes the little things keep you going. And 10 zombies should be cake by now.

...the kid is like Superman (or already part zombie)...takes a bullet to the gut and recovers in like a week!

BlackEmrald

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2013 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have to admit that I thought this week's episode was one of the best ones in a long time. I loved Michonne and the cat. Plus Morgan has the zombie apacolypse figured out to a tee.
Mytime

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2013 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MytimeSend a Private Message to MytimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So far, really strong episode tonight!
PFF
System Bot
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2013 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The ending... 'nuff said.
DanDamage

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2013 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why the heck does everybody like this show so much? Its really a runaway hit, I saw an episode and didnt think it was that good. It was an episode where the humans are holed up in a prison to keep the zombies out.

I dont see the draw in this. Just my opinion.
Mytime

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2013 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MytimeSend a Private Message to MytimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, my opinion. If you saw the show from the beginning, it's written realistically. If you were in this situation, how would you react. A lot of shows don't have this level of real life reactions. Most have "storyline", "favorite characters"". This is outside of that. Freeform script. Favorite characters can go at any time.
DanDamage

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2013 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know the comic book is worth a ton of money, and its not even old, Im guessing its rare? The comic book came first?
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2013 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Comic came first but the show is loosely based on the book. There are characters in the show that wasn't in the book and events haven't exactly been the same.
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2013 03:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chekov's gun as a red herring, nice touch. Not a bad episode at all!
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2013 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

Chekov's gun as a red herring, nice touch. Not a bad episode at all!

I thought the same thing, but didn't know what it was called until I just looked up that phrase from your post.
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2013 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I thought the same thing, but didn't know what it was called until I just looked up that phrase from your post.

If definitely kept the whole episode on edge.

Ever watched Archer? They had a good Chekov's gun joke in season one, but I had to do a little research before I got it. Once I did, the funny situation became hilarious.

[This message has been edited by 1988holleyformula (edited 03-11-2013).]

theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2013 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

If definitely kept the whole episode on edge.

Ever watched Archer? They had a good Chekov's gun joke in season one, but I had to do a little research before I got it. Once I did, the funny situation became hilarious.

Yeah I've seen a few seasons, but didn't remember the episode until I Googled it.

What a great show!
Niterrorz

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2013 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
they did it... they finally killed him. at least he didnt go out like a ***** .
PFF
System Bot
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2013 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I very much enjoyed this episode. I think it was pretty much perfect for the season pre-finale.
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2013 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Agreed, I was just about biting my nails the last 15 minutes of it lol. Sigh, another one bites the dust.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2013 04:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Niterrorz:

they did it... they finally killed him. at least he didnt go out like a ***** .

Another example of Ricks failure to lead, just how long is it going to take for him to finaly crack.

How is Michonne suppose to trust Rick now? One of the group but willing to feed her to the wolf.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2013 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Another example of Ricks failure to lead, just how long is it going to take for him to finaly crack.

How is Michonne suppose to trust Rick now? One of the group but willing to feed her to the wolf.

Did you see the episode until the end?

Rick isn't leading now. He's basically making it a democracy.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2013 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Did you see the episode until the end?

Rick isn't leading now. He's basically making it a democracy.

Because he failed and he knows it.

He turned people out, he was going to give up one of the group to a crazy person.
He let Andrea return with the governor after he was propositioned into giving up on a group member.

I wasn't a big fan of Merl but he was a wasted asset and now Rick with have to deal with Daryl's resentment and Michonne's mistrust. He made the only play he could and turned over running the group before they returned.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2013 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DanDamage:

Why the heck does everybody like this show so much? Its really a runaway hit, I saw an episode and didnt think it was that good. It was an episode where the humans are holed up in a prison to keep the zombies out.

I dont see the draw in this. Just my opinion.

Seeing it from the beginning is best. For me the show was better and more well done and had a better story than any Zombie movie. That was impressive. It also was well acted. As with most shows and things similar to a series, (like a movie trilogy) I like the beginnings best. The original characters and seeing them deveolop.

The one thing that bugs me about it, and its realism, is there would be no good gasoline anymore. It would all have spoiled.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 03-25-2013).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2013 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

The one thing that bugs me about it, and its realism, is there would be no good gasoline anymore. It would all have spoiled.

Perhaps in that universe batteries and gas don't go bad but the technology causes the dead to walk.
They also have 1000 round shotgun. Reminds me of the spaghetti westerns with 24 shot revolvers.

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 03-25-2013).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2013 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

I started watching because there wasnt anything else on Sunday nites (except Revenge...I love it). I dont usually care for zombie, vampire or sword & sorcery shows at all.

I also thought this same thing last nite. I know its not real, but it supposed to be believable to some extent. Gas dont last for weeks or months depending on who you listen to, much less years. This event is over 3 years old....NO gas would be any good at all except for starting fires, so draining it from other cars or derelict refineries dont work. They certainly are not capable of making it. The real spoiler was last nites episode. Merle finds an old abandoned Caprice....thats been setting there for at least 3 years. All the tires are up (i can give you that one). Its been setting with the alarm on standby all that time...drawing some amount of juice. He jumps in and hotwires it, cranks it over for 20 seconds and has it running perfectly. I want to know who makes that battery because I want one. Most of my cars batteries go dead in a month or two of nonuse. My Sebring is a computerized 04 and it goes dead in a few weeks if I dont drive it with nothing turned on. Same with my Astro. They both have newer batteries.

Uaana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2013 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

I also thought this same thing last nite. I know its not real, but it supposed to be believable to some extent.<snip>

Two other little things about last nights ep

1. The complete lack of overgrowth along the roads, they should have shot in Detroit to chronicle ongoing urban decay. BTW who's mowing the lawn at the prison?
2. Continuity error, the caprice was on 22's (if not bigger), but as it was rolling along, it switched to original 15"s and then back.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock