Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  My 88 Fiero GT 14k miles (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
My 88 Fiero GT 14k miles by BV MotorSports
Started on: 03-16-2012 02:48 PM
Replies: 1936 (68282 views)
Last post by: BV MotorSports on 01-13-2017 07:45 PM
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2012 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 10-14-2012).]

IP: Logged
Justinbart

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2012 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
...e85...

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 5spd spec5
11.54@132.7

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2012 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not sold here
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2012 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still staying with the stage 3 clutch?

------------------
11.54@132.7

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2012 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

GMEFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2012 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GMEFieroSend a Private Message to GMEFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:

For those that are inevitably gonna be negative, just... just don't. Its my car, my money I am gonna do what makes me happy. As should you.

^This.

Amen to that my friend. I am pretty anxious to see the result of this fiasco. Just know that I am vicariously living through you while my 3800SC sits in my garage and my Fiero sits in storage. Best of luck. (Grabs popcorn)

Also is the trans still for sale?

[This message has been edited by GMEFiero (edited 04-27-2012).]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2012 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Started 3/16 its now 5/1 and Dean doesn't even think it will be completed this month.

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I spoke with Dean today. Between finishing the cars for Daytona and moving shop, my build is really getting delayed. Why do these things ALWAYS happen to me? Man, I am a lucky guy. GRRRRR

Started 3/16 its now 5/1 and Dean doesn't even think it will be completed this month. I have to go to ATL shortly after the 25th. I'd REALLY like to pick my car up by then. That was always my worst case scenario date. Dean says he is doing all he can, and I have no doubt he is. I don't want to rush him, but its hard to justify all this money being spent and having nothing to show for it.

PATIENCE.... Patience.....

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

4 weeks? Hate to say it but I am going to bet it is going to be a little longer than 4 weeks....4 weeks would be cutting it close going SC....Going turbo well that just adds more time...Will be a very nice car with a cleanly installed 3800....

Like I said early on.....Once you get good at what you do and your name gets out there things start taking much longer......But good thing come to those that wait.....
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PATIENCE.... Patience.....

It will be worth it.

Hopefully it wont take as long as mptighe's car.

------------------
11.54@132.7

[This message has been edited by Justinbart (edited 05-02-2012).]

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Justinbart

3259 posts
Member since Sep 2009

[This message has been edited by Justinbart (edited 05-02-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
mptighe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Justinbart:

It will be worth it.

Hopefully it wont take as long as mptighe's car.

Eh, my car is on the move again. It would have been done by now if not for some issues with SPEC. There are builds on here that span multiple years without even being close to where mine is, and I have a bit more happening to mine than anyone is aware of. But you're right it shouldn't take as long as mine has. Like MSTANGS said, good things come to those who wait. Keep the faith BV, it will get back to you.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2012 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I havent recieved any real updates on the Fiero other than its been worked on. I havent spoken with Dean other than a few texts.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2012 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2012 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pics:

Wrong LIM... unless you are using M90 Block off plate, Custom UIM or Gen V Twin Charged??
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2012 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2012 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We are still trying to decide on what route to take with the mani. If we go with an original LIM, we can use the ZZP short or full stack. It would make the engine bay less cluttered with the w2a parts.

Where is the turbo going to be mounted? I was thinking about a long flow Air / Water IC in between gas tank and engine where Darth mounts his A/A IC.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2012 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2012 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We are still trying to decide on what route to take with the mani. If we go with an original LIM, we can use the ZZP short or full stack. It would make the engine bay less cluttered with the w2a parts.

IMO, the M90 Block off plate will make your engine look unfinished, like it is missing something as it is NOT symmetrical. Plus the ZZP Blower IC are NOT as efficient as a good Turbo IC.
Are you keeping the Full trunk?
If NOT go rear mount with a L26 or Top mount with Camaro intake? Long flow w2A IC is the best way to go, IMO....

I'm sure Dean will make it look Good any way you guys choose.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2012 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2012 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'd sacrifce appearance for performance when it comes to the intake.

Going with the M90 Block off plate IS sacrficing appearance AND performance.

However, there is the Stattama UIM to the rescue: (built on order)
http://stattama.com/index.c...product=52&pageid=29

I was going this route but didn't wan't to pay for a NEW one so I got one for about half price off a ClubGP member but it didn't look like this (earlier version).
If it did then I would be using it and saved mucho $$$ in the in the long run as I would NOT have to buy L26 UIM/LIM, Turbo IC, and Misc parts to make it work.
Also, the engine space requirements are minimized. Fits like a GLOVE.
I can't do Ugly...LOL However, I think I will be making about 50+ more HP with a much Faster spool with the L26 + HV3.

[This message has been edited by nosrac (edited 05-15-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2012 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree, it's not just about looks but performance too, the M90 LIM it's very poor for flow and velocity without the supercharger there because the air has to stop and make a complete 90 degree turn left or right to get in the ports. Using an N/A intake for a turbo is a much better idea for several reasons. Just my suggestion.

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 05-15-2012).]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2012 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2012 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think L26 heads & intake is what I need to go with.

Agreed. You don't have to use the L26 heads. You will just need to plug the holes in the intake and use either a supercharged fuel rail or fuel logs.

------------------
11.54@132.7

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2012 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If I read that correctly, you would have went with that Stattama adapter vrs the L26 route? I am calling Thrasher in the morning. I wanna see what they have to say. I think L26 heads & intake is what I need to go with.

Yes, I would be using the Stattama UIM with a ZZP S2 IC if mine looked like the one pictured on their site.
I didn't want to pay the piper for a NEW one, got a old generation Butt ugly one, and ended up changing my mind going L26 + HV3.
I went from Budget build to High dollar cause I started cheap but couldn't finish ugly...lol
Can I get a Do over....
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If the 3800 is still in shortblock form I see no con to using the N/A intake, heads, and fuel rail. It will provide much better flow for the large turbo and power levels you are seeking. A sheetmetal intake on a M90 LIM will really restrict your air flow and velocity considering that your desired power level is so high, an N/A intake would require less boost out of the turbo for the same power. I do beleive there is a comparison graph between the two intake being used with a Turbo on the ZZP website.

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 05-17-2012).]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ZZPerformance

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A Custom Aluminum UIM will work fine like FieroX or Stattama made with a Full Stack IC. It is the BEST option for Limited Space Requirements and You STILL can make great power. Many 500+HP builds on the Stattama intake.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...0502-1-073855-2.html

A L26 UIM/LIM or Camaro UIM/LIM is a better option. For optimal Spool and MOAR POWAH throughout the Whole RPM band. The Stattama UIM and other Intakes WITHOUT runners have very good numbers @ top rpm band. Ask FieroX....Hahaha he is Running SLOWER with a modded L26 and Bigger more effecient Turbo than when he had his so called "Junk" X intake and "baby" turbo. (Not my Quotes as I really like his old intake).

Throw in a Turbo Cam and some 130# springs so you can spin her up and gain Moar Powah. The extra Powah will be had @ 6000+ rpm.

Originally posted by nosrac:

I can't do Ugly...LOL However, I think I will be making about 50+ more HP with a much Faster spool with the L26 + HV3.

Just DON't USE the BLOCK OFF Plate as that is a workaround rather that a solution. Git er DONE!
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2012 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On my way to see Dean on Friday. Expect good pics and a proper update to follow.
PFF
System Bot
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2012 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

On my way to see Dean on Friday. Expect good pics and a proper update to follow.

Driving it home already?

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
11.54@132.7

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2012 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Justinbart:

Driving it home already?

LOL I wish. This was my absolute worse case date that I thought it would take for my car to be completed. Still not done. Dean is going to deliver it when its finished. In all honestly, I see no reason why he cant have the car done by the end of June. And I am going to discuss this with him tomorrow while at his shop.

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 05-31-2012).]

Steel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2012 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kick him in the nuts Dean

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2012 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL No, I am gonna kick Dean in the nuts!
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2012 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well.....
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2012 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL I just got home an hour ago.. I'll post some stuff tomorrow... way too tired!
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2012 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2012 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Comming along pretty good. I'll post up some pics of mine too....lol

Mock up 3800 & F23 installed

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2012 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
11.54@132.7

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock