Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  My 88 Fiero GT 14k miles (Page 17)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
My 88 Fiero GT 14k miles by BV MotorSports
Started on: 03-16-2012 02:48 PM
Replies: 1936 (68285 views)
Last post by: BV MotorSports on 01-13-2017 07:45 PM
HIOSILVER!

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HIOSILVER!Send a Private Message to HIOSILVER!Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Talking about my bar deezil?

I try to stay out of things that dont concern me most of the time. Still dont know where most of the red comes from or what threads i earned them in. Oh well.

I guess im too old for the interwebs. lol Im still trying to get used to texting. Certain things just cross my mind sometimes and i feel the need to speak up.

Thanks BV I hope things get straightened out with your car and you can enjoy it like it was meant to be.
IP: Logged
deezil

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for deezilSend a Private Message to deezilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by HIOSILVER!:

Talking about my bar deezil?

I try to stay out of things that dont concern me most of the time. Still dont know where most of the red comes from or what threads i earned them in. Oh well.

I guess im too old for the interwebs. lol Im still trying to get used to texting. Certain things just cross my mind sometimes and i feel the need to speak up.

Thanks BV I hope things get straightened out with your car and you can enjoy it like it was meant to be.

No BVs
HIOSILVER!

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HIOSILVER!Send a Private Message to HIOSILVER!Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For the record I dont rate anyone in anything other than threads i create. I rate those positively that are helpful and very few negs to those that have trolled me.
I have no dog in this show and I avoid rating anyone in threads i have nothing to do with.

[This message has been edited by HIOSILVER! (edited 10-16-2012).]

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What the heck is this texting thing you speak of???
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by deezil:

No BVs

LOL its been doing that a lot lately..
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:

LOL its been doing that a lot lately..

Yeah your ratings bar appears to be bi-polar, running from one side to the other and back....
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Haters gonna hate.

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
11.54@132.7

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Notice we turbo 3800 guys have about the same ratings overall.... LOL

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 10-16-2012).]

nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Notice we turbo 3800 guys have about the same ratings overall.... LOL

Not all of us.....
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2012 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

Not all of us.....

I'm sure that can be fixed!
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2012 02:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm working on it! Turbo is in the basement...
PFF
System Bot
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2012 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Charlie and I spoke about the fate of the turbo car. I was about to buy a stock L67 and swap it in and sell off the turbo bits. Charlie talked me out of it at the last second. I literally had the shop on the phone and credit card in hand to buy the engine.

So the top half is coming off next week and the heads will be sent to his trusted machine shop to be checked out (to rule out seals & guides etc). The oil pan will be dropped and the pistons and rods will be removed, checked and re-ringed. Provided there is no damage to the pistons or short block, that should be that.

Now for the biggie.. we are kicking around the idea of moving the turbo to the back left of the engine bay. We should eb able to use a proper (and simple) gravity drain for the turbo, and instal a PROPER 3" exhaust. Again, w/o cutting the trunk. I dont know if I want to move the turbo.... just yet. I think its a good idea though. Opinions?

I also plan to replace the stock ignition with the megasquirt IGN-6 kit. The replaces the stock coils and ign module. I don't like where they are currently mounted, and I really don't like the 6' (thats feet!) long wires. This will be done after the car is finished. I dont want to make any real changes until we know its working properly.

I cant thank Charlie enough. The man pulled the car cover off his own Corvette in order to cover my Fiero. His shop is pretty full and he said he didn't feel right letting mine set outside "naked". I was floored when he told me about it. What I see as a beat up and ruined car, Charlie sees it as a "fantasic little car" that needs to be preserved and, most importantly, protected. Cheers for that!

Work should start sometime next week. He has a TT F-body ahead of mine to finish.

------------------
1988 Fiero GT, loaded, 14k original miles, F23, built L67, ST2 cam, PT67 bb turbo, w2a charge-cooled, HT tubular suspension w/ coil overs, interior, paint & body mods. Ruined by Whodeanie's Customs, repaired by myself & Charlie Stump.

1987 Fiero GT Road Racer. 1st documented 3.4TDC swap- built in 1994. 5MT Isuzu, Quaife prototype LSD, HT Tubular A-arms, Fully poly & Heim jointed suspension, Custom 3 way adjustable sway bars, HT Bump Steer kit, Koin's, 320# springs, MegaSquirt III w/ MS3, ZEX N20 and more! Under full restoration.

ƒ13r0'$ rµ£3

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 10-17-2012).]

nosrac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2012 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was about to buy a stock L67 and swap it in and sell off the turbo bits. Charlie talked me out of it at the last second. I literally had the shop on the phone and credit card in hand to buy the engine.

Work should start sometime next week. He has a TT F-body ahead of mine to finish.

Do it yourself mannnn. I thought you learned your lesson.

I would get a stock L36 for ~$200 and swap the cam and keep it turboed.

[This message has been edited by nosrac (edited 10-17-2012).]

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2012 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I also plan to replace the stock ignition with the megasquirt IGN-6 kit. The replaces the stock coils and ign module. I don't like where they are currently mounted, and I really don't like the 6' (thats feet!) long wires. This will be done after the car is finished. I dont want to make any real changes until we know its working properly.

You still need to run the PCM with an ICM.. so you are really only able to piggyback a wire for spark signal.

The only reason you would do this is for launch control reasons... the stock ignition system is really great as long as you dont want to spray fuel and switch spark on and off... Although I dont really see you needing a full antilag system with this car....
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2012 06:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gonna send Charlie a link to the forum?
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2012 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Gonna send Charlie a link to the forum?

Why would I do that? I wouldn't expose my dog to the disillusioned masses of this site...
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2012 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Didn't think so.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2012 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Didn't think so.

LOL Did I disappoint you? Neither of us care what the other thinks, so why not go on your merry way?
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2012 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Charles Stump in Panama City? His phone number is out there.
Would be a shame if someone tipped him off about what he might be getting into.
(Naaah. Not me. Not worth my time. I've had my say.)

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 10-18-2012).]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2012 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Charles Stump in Panama City? His phone number is out there.
Would be a shame if someone tipped him off about what he might be getting into.
(Naaah. Not me. Not worth my time. I've had my say.)

Fell free to do so... Charlie knows all about what I went thru with your boyfriend. FFS man, you are clearly showing the members here who you you really are. Pathetic... just pathetic. Now you want to harass someone that has NOTHING to do with Whodeanies Customs? Has NOTHING to do with you... and for what? Disgusting is what it is. Shame on you Steve. Does Tammy know this is how you act?

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 10-18-2012).]

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2012 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fell free to do so... Charlie knows all about what I went thru with your boyfriend. FFS man, you are clearly showing the members here who you you really are. Pathetic... just pathetic. Now you want to harass someone that has NOTHING to do with Whodeanies Customs? Has NOTHING to do with you... and for what? Disgusting is what it is. Shame on you Steve. Does Tammy know this is how you act?

OH NO YOU DID NINT

PFF
System Bot
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2012 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

OH NO YOU DID NINT

LOL I guess Stephen J Hamilton thought a username = anonymity.

IROCTAFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2012 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IROCTAFIEROSend a Private Message to IROCTAFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
+ 10,000 Interwebz points for you.
Your e-peen is gigantic
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2012 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Takes a big man to bring other guys' wives into the picture...
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2012 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

Takes a big man to bring other guys' wives into the picture...

Yeah, because Stephen is playing so nicely. I have had everything thrown at me in the last few weeks and I am sick of it. No one is forcing anyone to read this thread. No one. After Cliff posted his thoughts on the matter, I let it be. Ol' Raydar came in here looking for a fight.

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2012 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001

Originally posted by IROCTAFIERO:

+ 10,000 Interwebz points for you.
Your e-peen is gigantic

That was too funny!
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2012 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, because Stephen is playing so nicely. I have had everything thrown at me in the last few weeks and I am sick of it. No one is forcing anyone to read this thread. No one. After Cliff posted his thoughts on the matter, I let it be. Ol' Raydar came in here looking for a fight.

I just made a comment.
I already said that it wasn't worth my trouble to say anything to Charlie. That I'd had my say.
Since you feel like raising the ante, I may have to rethink that.

By the way...

And your wife is from N.Y.? Cool.
You're not nearly as damned smart as you think you are.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 10-18-2012).]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2012 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I just made a comment.
I already said that it wasn't worth my trouble to say anything to Charlie.
Since you feel like raising the ante, I may have to rethink that.

Oh... Say hi to Francine.

She is standing right here. Its not like I try to hide behind a screen name, EVER. Unlike yourself.

... nah... I'll not post this bit.................Save some face and stop now. You really don't want to go down this road. Just go on your way. Seriously. What you posted, trying to drag Charlie into this (harassment) is not the way to go. Charlie is a grown man and can handle his own business, I suggest YOU do the same. So WTF does it matter to you? Or keep harassing me and trying to incite whatever it is you have planned in your little mind. The more you do, the worse you look. There is no moral high road for you at this point.

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2012 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001

By the way...

Look at that handsome fellow.. Stonehenge wasn't bad either. Dumbass... I posted that here. L A M E..........................

BTW, anyone ever tell you that you look like Art from Warehouse 13... LOL

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2012 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Moral high road?! Let's see... You've called me a douchebag, made veiled threats and attempted (poorly) to drag my family into the proceedings.
And you're preaching to me about a moral high road? I find that laughable.
You're a putz. (Please note that that's the first time I've called you a name.)

But if Charlie is willing to take you on as a customer, I wish him luck. He'll need it.
I said earlier that I wasn't going to bother him, and I won't. As I said, it's just not worth my trouble.

I'm done.
If you feel the need to have the last word, that's fine. Just don't say anything stupid.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 10-19-2012).]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2012 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Moral high road?! Let's see... You've called me a douchebag, made veiled threats and attempted (poorly) to drag my family into the proceedings.
And you're preaching to me about a moral high road? I find that laughable.
You're a putz. (Please note that that's the first time I've called you a name.)

But if Charlie is willing to take you on as a customer, I wish him luck. He'll need it.
I said earlier that I wasn't going to bother him, and I won't. As I said, it's just not worth my trouble.

I'm done.
If you feel the need to have the last word, that's fine. Just don't say anything stupid.

Dont let the door hit you on your way out....
LOL

I didnt "drag your family into it". I just wanted you to know that there is no anonymity on the interwebz... We know how big of a deal you made of it in Deans thread. Thanks for saying you wont harass me further. Buh-bye pumpkin.

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 10-19-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2012 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...I just wanted you to know that there is no anonymity on the interwebz... We know how big of a deal you made of it in Deans thread....

Indeed there isn't. And it goes both ways. Eh?

I know I said that you could have the last word, but you should know that I don't hide behind my screen name.
Most everyone here knows my real name, where I live and what I drive. Until I changed ISPs and decided to try to sort my forum mail (and other crap) into separate accounts, my forum email address was my real name.

But I have to admit that I was having fun watching you go ballistic when you thought I was Clay and I was holding out on you. (I guess that's what you're alluding to.)
I had to bite my lip for a few posts and watch.
Yeah. I'm a douchebag. So be it.

And Artie rocks!

Later.

xoxox
PK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2012 03:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Stonehenge wasn't bad either.

Ahhh you should have given me a shout, Stonehenge is the tourist bit but there is a way more fascinating area an hour up the road, Kennett Burial Mounds, Silbury Hill and Avebury stones. Mayhaps next time?

Sorry for going off topic....oh no wait..
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2012 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah. I'm a douchebag.

Awesome, glad you can admit it. Now scurry away and dont come back.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2012 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001

Originally posted by PK:

Ahhh you should have given me a shout, Stonehenge is the tourist bit but there is a way more fascinating area an hour up the road, Kennett Burial Mounds, Silbury Hill and Avebury stones. Mayhaps next time?

Sorry for going off topic....oh no wait..

Its all good. We hit all the typical tourist traps over the 4yrs we were there. I miss England. I have some really good friends there!
fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2012 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just watching what's going on. Haven't formed an opinion, yet. I thought Steve's suggestion of giving Charlie a link would be so that we could get it direct from the mechanic as to what he finds without anything getting lost in the translation.

One way or the other, it might clear up a lot of accusations and denials on either side.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2012 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
...It is like watching a train wreck...you know there is going to be bad stuff but can't get rid of the felling that you want to look...
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2012 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chooo Choo!

Spoke with Charlie and ZZP today. I verified the FPR's vac source was correct. Next we need to deadhead the pump and check the line pressure.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2012 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And when I made that statement I am not saying anyone or any car is a train wreck! I simply meant we sometimes just have to look from morbid curiosity.
jaybeezi

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2012 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaybeeziSend a Private Message to jaybeeziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are those valve covers wrinkle red..? First Fiero I've seen other than mine with em, it's an awesome look if done right.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Mine

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

------------------
My 87 GT 3800SC Swap thread
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/109707.html

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock