Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  My 88 Fiero GT 14k miles (Page 14)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
My 88 Fiero GT 14k miles by BV MotorSports
Started on: 03-16-2012 02:48 PM
Replies: 1936 (68284 views)
Last post by: BV MotorSports on 01-13-2017 07:45 PM
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2012 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got my Aeroforce Interceptor from ZZP today. I had a quick play with it. Its a bit fiddly to set up (granted, I didnt read the instructions yet) but I did find 1 code, P0134. IIRC that is an o2 sensor code. Also, CTS is reading AFAIK.
IP: Logged
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2012 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

yes I do have the wheel lock for your car as well as the sun roof cover and air deflector. they are in a box ready to be sent to you (un damaged!)

Still haven't received them.
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2012 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so its just destined to be a flaming turd now>?
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2012 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What's the plan?
Justinbart

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2012 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

who said 3800's don't sound good?

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
11.54@132.7

[This message has been edited by Justinbart (edited 09-23-2012).]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2012 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

yes I do have the wheel lock for your car as well as the sun roof cover and air deflector. they are in a box ready to be sent to you (un damaged!)

Still haven't received my parts Dean.

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 10-14-2012).]

Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2012 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BV,
Despite any previous animosity between us, I am very sorry to hear that you did not get your car done the way you had wanted. It certainly looked promising watching it progress. Having met Dean he sure seemed like the real deal and not knowing the particulars I will just say that the whole situation sucks I am sure for both of you. I wish you the best of luck in sorting the issues with your car, I for one would love to hear a happy ending from it somehow, someway. It certainly has the potential to be a sweet and fast fiero....Good luck and let us know how it goes. Peace

Pete

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2012 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Pete. I am working on it as I get time. Timm (phonedawgz) called me today and walked me through the process of connecting his VSS buffer. I cant thank him enough for that. OUTSTANDING customer service!

I had a go at fixing the pegged temp gauge. The needle was stuck straight up. When I pulled the clear IP cover, it swung down to the temp icon. I figured it was a good time to install my new IP illumination bulbs (RD's brighter version) as well. I put it all back together and wouldn't you know, as soon as I turned the key on, the needle pegs perfectly sideways, pointing to the right. Key off, it goes back to the normal rest position (temp icon). Did I mention I HATE electronics & wiring? I know its not Timm's problem, but I hope he can advise me on where to look into sorting out that stupid temp gauge.

I trimmed the studs that were hanging down from the lip spoiler, so now they arent digging into the top of the tail light panel.
Filled in the huge gap around the wiring as it passes through the firewall to the ECU. Really???

Etc etc.. just a bunch of little jobs here and there. I have to install the mini starter next and hope there is room for the oil return line to be routed properly. If not I am going to have to run a turbo oil return line scavenging pump. The list never seems to shrink. The more I look, the more problems I find.

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2012 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001
Been on and off the phone with Timm. Progress has been made. Here is what we found:

Unplug the 3 wire CTS and ground the single pin (green IIRC) the temp light comes on

With CTS still unplugged and ign ON the temp gauge drops down to 100 from the TEMP icon

Unplug the C500 and ground the C2 pin and the TEMP light comes on

Ground the D3 pin and the gauge pegs

So my car is wired backwards. D3 should be for the TEMP warning light but its actually running the gauge and vice-versa. Simple plan is to clip both wires and solder the D3 to C2 pin and leave the other one taped off.

Again, thanks goes to Timm!

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 09-27-2012).]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2012 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2012 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post09-28-2012 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is that a Sourmug style lip spoiler? Looks cool.

Tony
ConvictedRedneck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2012 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvictedRedneckSend a Private Message to ConvictedRedneckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Is that a Sourmug style lip spoiler? Looks cool.

Tony

+1 on details. That is sliiiick lookin'.
ghost187x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2012 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
love what you are doing BV (no homo) lol
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2012 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ConvictedRedneck:
+1 on details. That is sliiiick lookin'.

+2 !!

Me likeee !!

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 09-28-2012).]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2012 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2012 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001

mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2012 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Which model of rearview is that? I've been wanting to do one of those in my car, was it difficult at all?
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2012 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They are for sale in the Mall.
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2012 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had those same wheels in full chrome on my last fiero. I think they were called Beasts or something. I really liked them. They were like 18x8 5x100 38mm offset. I would like to get them or one of their sister wheels for my current fiero at some point but I am so tapped out right now trying to get my shop fully equipped and my vertical machining center setup and tooled up. They look good in black too apparently. Love the rear.view as well. Damn I gotta get my car going I have not done a damn thing to it in awhile.....peace

Pete

F355spider

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2012 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:

Work continues... getting close now!

I worked till 1am last night on the car. Its so nice not to be bothered and its so much cooler in the garage (even with A/C during the day).

I got the front wheels to just clear but its got a lot of neg camber to do so.

HID's and bat relocation

Aeroforce Interceptor (temp mount)

RD strut installed

Nice to see the kinks getting worked out. I like the front fender indent. Is that something Dean did? Looks like a Ferrari badge will fit right in. LOL just joking but I do like it.
PFF
System Bot
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2012 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

They are for sale in the Mall.

The ones I saw in the mall don't have homelink.... Am I looking at the wrong ones?
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2012 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2012 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001

Originally posted by mptighe:

The ones I saw in the mall don't have homelink.... Am I looking at the wrong ones?

Sorry, I think you have to ask for them specifically.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2012 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2012 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Make sure you plug the lower return well.. Dont just cram some random rubber cap over it.

When you do the fitting for the return in the valve cover.. you may want to tap it into the side of the back valve cover so you can hide it as much as possible. Returning to the fil cap on the front would be a mess.

I still find it impossible to believe you cant just run it down the side of the trans.... If I can easily run a drain on a fwd auto with 1/2 the engine bay space and 2x the transmission, you shouldnt have any problems.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2012 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

Make sure you plug the lower return well.. Dont just cram some random rubber cap over it.

When you do the fitting for the return in the valve cover.. you may want to tap it into the side of the back valve cover so you can hide it as much as possible. Returning to the fil cap on the front would be a mess.

I still find it impossible to believe you cant just run it down the side of the trans.... If I can easily run a drain on a fwd auto with 1/2 the engine bay space and 2x the transmission, you shouldnt have any problems.

I appreciate your input. I wish you could see what I am up against tryign to sort this out. Its a MESS on the firewall side. Everything has been stuffed back there to hide it. Even the A/C line has a big loop in it for some reason. I'm not saying its impossible.. but man its BAD. I like your idea of pumping the oil back to the V/C. I was just going to take the easy route and leave the return where it is at.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2012 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know there is info on HOMELINK stuff. I think Raydar did it as well as others. I remember Raydar's being in the overhead panel with the reading lights. I remember someone doing it in the center console black panel next to the cigarette lighter as well.
WellThatsSuprising

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2012 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WellThatsSuprisingSend a Private Message to WellThatsSuprisingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Does anyone have a vector for this logo? I tried making a cutout with a cnc plasma but the image file I was using was so horrible it didn't turn out very well.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2012 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WellThatsSuprising:

Does anyone have a vector for this logo? I tried making a cutout with a cnc plasma but the image file I was using was so horrible it didn't turn out very well.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

What you are attempting to do is to duplicate my copyrighted artwork, it is not for sale nor public use, as has been stated several times on this forum. I trust you are have enough integrity to realize the stealing my work would make you a thief. I made these for Steve as a favor and compensation for allowing me to buy his engine. These are copyrighted work and are not now, nor will they ever be public domain artwork. As an artist, I create works for hire, they are not for public consumption.

Dr. W.

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen III replacement GT trunk seals with solid molded corners are now in production. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 10-02-2012).]

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2012 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Better be careful what you do on this forum. You might get sued!

------------------
11.54@132.7

PFF
System Bot
WellThatsSuprising

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2012 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WellThatsSuprisingSend a Private Message to WellThatsSuprisingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

What you are attempting to do is to duplicate my copyrighted artwork, it is not for sale nor public use, as has been stated several times on this forum. I trust you are have enough integrity to realize the stealing my work would make you a thief. I made these for Steve as a favor and compensation for allowing me to buy his engine. These are copyrighted work and are not now, nor will they ever be public domain artwork. As an artist, I create works for hire, they are not for public consumption.

Dr. W.

Then I am extremely sorry, I had never seen a post stating that it was copyrighted work until now and will delete the .pcm file.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2012 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Justinbart:

Better be careful what you do on this forum. You might get sued!

Attaboy!
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2012 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2012 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001
Once I got it mocked up I want to see how much flow I was getting and if it would "burp" the system like I wanted. ZERO flow. WTH? Turns out the pump was installed backwards. It was pulling instead of pushing.

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2012 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would highly suggest taking it easy on the clutch and break it in for 500+ miles before you put it on the dyno. It will be a huge waste of time when it starts to slip. You are already going to be on the edge with the stage 3.

------------------
11.54@132.7

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2012 07:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
typically the wiring is backwards on those pumps... I would follow the arrows.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2012 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

typically the wiring is backwards on those pumps... I would follow the arrows.

Wiring is correct, this is the pump I used on my chargecooled WRX project. The flow was backwards.

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2012 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I received some of my parts from Dean today. He sent them COD.... lol. I guess I need to take a trip to GA and get the rest of my parts.

nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2012 03:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Also, my pump should be here tomorrow. I have been plugging away at the Fiero. Hopefully I'll be able to get some miles on the clutch before the car gets tuned on Monday.

Plugging as in driving or fixing? I have the same pump (Brand Spanking New) that I would have sold you for next to nothing but you were too fast on the draw.
I didn't need it as I ended up copying how D H routed his setup.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock