Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  My 88 Fiero GT 14k miles (Page 49)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
My 88 Fiero GT 14k miles by BV MotorSports
Started on: 03-16-2012 02:48 PM
Replies: 1936 (68283 views)
Last post by: BV MotorSports on 01-13-2017 07:45 PM
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2016 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rourke_87_T-Top:

Thanks, everything was very well packed and great to deal with. I'm going overkill with it, just ordered 4340 rods, ATI damper. Lots to go.

I'm never happy with any less than 12,000 horsepower.

Glad you're happy. I still would love those heads!
IP: Logged
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2016 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:

I did finish the car. It was amazing. But it was too much. It broke more often than not. There is such thing as too much power. I know, I am stunned I said it too. I sold the turbo kit and used the money to purchase the s3. Once this car is up, running and sold, I am going to build a LS swapped FD. Been wanting to do that for 10 years. Seems I like the build far more than anything.

Interesting. This is something many here do not understand. You do not need mega power to have a very fun to drive reliable Fiero street car. My opinion is that without traction control anything above 350lbs torque at the wheels it start to be more about controlling the wheel spin than having fun driving fast.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2016 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its true. I spent more time on the 400whp tune than the 460whp tune. All it wanted to do was blow the tires off. No fun.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2016 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need to come up with a better way to mount thee ecu. Suggestions? Its in the stock location but just kinda there. The center console gives it a compression fit.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2016 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car goes to the exhaust shop to get the manifolds tied into the 3" borla exhaust as well as a 4" intake (aluminum) and a few other little bits. Be driving in a few days!
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2016 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2016 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man it's been awhile since I posted in this thread. Sad to hear you are moving on but I understand you do what makes you happy. What diameter is that tube and do you have any pics of the exhaust manifolds? I have been doing a lot of Fabrication and Tig welding work on stainless and aluminum here lately and I enjoy seeing others manifolds. Car is looking good man. Good luck with it.

Pete

------------------
"May the grins begin when you turn the key and hear the engine roar over your shoulder" ......Gall57 (slightly modified LOL)

Pete Matos
A&N Precision Machine
CNC Machining and prototyping
Maryville, Tennessee
A&N Precision Machine on Facebook!

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2016 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The manifolds are ZZP units. Other than that, the "downpipe" is 3" mandrel bent stainless.

Car is done, just gott dropped off at my house. I just have to hook up the WBO2 and start datalogging the tune.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2016 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Running and driving. DH and I are working on the tune and I may have slightly cooked my f23 swap shift cable. So I have to contact california push/pull to source a replacement. It shifts, its just very notchy. The cable is a bit melted. Oops.
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2016 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool! I'm sure it's pretty quick.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2016 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been chasing down vac leaks. So I made my own smoke machine. Its really simple and works fantastic!

Now I am having a problem with the PCV system. I had to remove the breather filter since it adversely effected the idle. Now I need to add a fresh air side to the pcv system but then I connect it (below) it idles @ 1500 and sounds like a jet through the air filter. Yet this is the correct method for a genV sc w/ N* TB, no?

****Fixed*** the gasket between the SS, SC, and LIM was all wrong. I trimmed it to "port match" the opening for the SS. It didnt like it. LOL Replaced the gaskets with OEM GM 2007 metal gaskets and all is well.

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 09-14-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2016 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car is running great. I just have to get AC lines made and I think I am going to replace the heads and lifters. I have a fresh set with guides, seals, LS6 valve springs, zzp ti retainers and locks. The car seems to valve float around 6k so I think its a good idea to swap the heads. Road tune is getting close. I still want to go back to mase for a proper tune. Definetly WAY slower with the SC. Like WAY SLOWER. But hey, if it works, then ultimately its faster, right?

The car is a huge hit at the local car meets. Funny how Fieros are cool now, eh?

------------------
2009 G8 GT Kook's 1 3/4 LT's, Kooks catted Xpipe, Magnaflow axleback, Vararam CAI, HSRK, HPTuners, Atari gauges

1988 Fiero GT L67, GT4067S, w2a, F23. 460whp/475lbft @ the wheels on low boost.

1987 Fiero GT 3.4TDC Road Racer.

ƒ13r0'$ rµ£3

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2016 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Getting warmer here in Fl. I decided to overhaul the A/C system since its been open to atmosphere for 3 years. I also had new lines made. Trust me, go with 2002z28convert's lines. They are cheaper and a much better design than your local shop will probably make.

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2016 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im slowly tinkering on the car. Its running pretty well. Its seriously slow compared to the monster it used to be. However, its been reliable so far. Its funny how the younger crowd reacts to the car. Everyone loves it. Everyone thinks its really cool. I love it, I love Fieros. Even if they drive me crazy at times. I have decided that I am going to put the car up for sale. I still need to get the panels painted and get the A/C up and running. Its getting warm here in Fla. Headliner need doing as well. The list is getting shorter.

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2016 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like the transmission side shifter is worn out. Funny, I have a spare F23 and the assembly is missing. Well, looks like I need to hit up pick N pull.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2016 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I melted my shift cable. Totally my fault. I ordered a new one from California Push/Pull. Make sure you spend the extra $15 and get the high heat option.

F23 shift = 74" +2-3" for a total of 77" overall length, eye fitting one end, small ball cup on the other
Source: California Push-Pull

Stock Fiero Getrag 5 Speed select = 71.70" overall, eye rod one side, small ball cup on the other.
Source: California Push-Pull
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2017 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Drivetrain is up for sale in the mall. I am pulling the trigger on the new swap as soon as its sold. I already have the new engine.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock