Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  My 88 Fiero GT 14k miles (Page 23)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
My 88 Fiero GT 14k miles by BV MotorSports
Started on: 03-16-2012 02:48 PM
Replies: 1936 (68284 views)
Last post by: BV MotorSports on 01-13-2017 07:45 PM
InTheLead

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2012 03:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:

I want to point out something... this is MY motor (I personally took the pic in June)

This is the "mock up motor" that was in the car that day. (look in the oil fill)

This is what was in my car when I received it:

This is the pic of my heavily ported heads Dean sent me:

This is what I got:

Now, where is my motor?????????????????? I know its not in the '88.... But I am now 90% sure where it is..

That is absolutely ridiculous.. how was the cosmetic end of your car treated? I'm assuming it was near perfect with that mileage?
IP: Logged
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2012 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really don't even know what to say any more. I'm glad I never let someone else work on my car. I would have been way, way, WAY more upset than you seem to be about this situation if I was in it. I'd be taking that engine and throwing it through the front window of the shop it came from!

[This message has been edited by FieroMaster88 (edited 12-14-2012).]

mptighe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2012 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

You might want to look before you say random crap.

How is it random? I said I hadn't looked at top speed. You damn well know there are people in the 9's already (you're not one of them), and that there are faster 60' times than you. What records do you hold besides fastest top speed?
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2012 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMaster88:

I really don't even know what to say any more. I'm glad I never let someone else work on my car. I would have been way, way, WAY more upset than you seem to be about this situation if I was in it. I'd be taking that engine and throwing it through the front window of the shop it came from!

You must not have seen all my posts about it. I have caught a lot of grief over being upset as I was with Dean. The hypocrisy on this forum is ridiculous. You know, because I should have remained calm and professional once I learned I just got scammed out of 14 THOUSAND bucks AND the bastard RUINED my car. The only comfort I can take... is those last few supporters of Dean, the last guys with their cars in his shop are going to be eating their words. Lets see how they react when they find out what Dean has been up to.

InTheLead- It was a showroom condition car. And I mean showroom. Between Dean driving it home at night like it was his own personal car for the first 2 weeks, being filled with 6 months of shop grit, scratched, banged up, cobbled together... I'd say its a piece of crap now.

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 12-14-2012).]

mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2012 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You must not have seen all my posts about it. I have caught a lot of grief over being upset as I was with Dean. The hypocrisy on this forum is ridiculous. You know, because I should have remained calm and professional once I learned I just got scammed out of 14 THOUSAND bucks AND the bastard RUINED my car. The only comfort I can take... is those last few supporters of Dean, the last guys with their cars in his shop are going to be eating their words. Lets see how they react when they find out what Dean has been up to.

InTheLead- It was a showroom condition car. And I mean showroom. Between Dean driving it home at night like it was his own personal car for the first 2 weeks, being filled with 6 months of shop grit, scratched, banged up, cobbled together... I'd say its a piece of crap now.

I know you're pissed, but taking comfort in others being ripped off, maybe even worse than you were isn't right man. You're a bigger person than that.
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2012 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had seen all of it and you really seemed to stay pretty calm in my opinion. I think I probably would have hurt someone.
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2012 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just posted this in the Whodeanie thread for those who don’t go there.

Guys please don't beat Steven up... I asked him to let me post the information.... "It’s not good" I drove back from Dean’s last night I was to tired to post and it’s going to be a long one.

But I will say this now until I get my post done.

If you have a car at Dean’s (Whodeanies’s Customs) and you are not heading to Canton, Georgia right now you will regret it!

I’m typing as fast as I can and I promise my post will be an eye opener for all the non believers. Stay tuned!

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2012 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mptighe:

I know you're pissed, but taking comfort in others being ripped off, maybe even worse than you were isn't right man. You're a bigger person than that.

I didnt say I would be happy about ANYONE getting ripped off, I said I'd be happy to see them eat their words.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2012 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001

Originally posted by BlackThunderGT:

I just posted this in the Whodeanie thread for those who don’t go there.

Guys please don't beat Steven up... I asked him to let me post the information.... "It’s not good" I drove back from Dean’s last night I was to tired to post and it’s going to be a long one.

But I will say this now until I get my post done.

If you have a car at Dean’s (Whodeanies’s Customs) and you are not heading to Canton, Georgia right now you will regret it!

I’m typing as fast as I can and I promise my post will be an eye opener for all the non believers. Stay tuned!

I tried as best as I could Paul! I see the crazy drivers weren't able to kill you guys after all.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2012 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001

Originally posted by FieroMaster88:

I had seen all of it and you really seemed to stay pretty calm in my opinion. I think I probably would have hurt someone.

Why do you think Paul and I agreed that me driving up to Deans yesterday would have been a REALLY bad idea?
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2012 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow....just WOW..... this situation seems to be degrading rapidly now. I gotta say that having personally met and spoken with dean down there at his shop on our way to an engagement in Georgia I am awfully surprised by all of this. He seemed like he was a stand up guy and the cars he had there really looked good. Nobody is above failure and it is startling how this has evolved and gone down hill so fast. I am sorry for everyone who has been scammed by this and I sincerely hope that you get what you paid for or at least get your car back in one piece. After looking at the pictures of the engine and reading all of the goings on here I am awfully surprised that there are STILL some guys who are not willing to concede that this has gone south. I mean even I thought that picture of the engine progress and the intake manifold looked pretty cool, it is amazing how something can look so good on the outside and be so damn shitty on the inside. I mean those welds on that intake manifold interior are laughable. I am trying to teach my daughter to Tig weld and her FIRST attempts were better than that LOL. It really is a shame that this is going so badly particularly for those who paid a princely sum to have custom work done on their cars. I shudder to hear the reports that are forthcoming about what it going on down there in Georgia. Perhaps some of the Georgia fiero club guys can try to intervene in some small way on the behalf of the guys who still have cars there. If it is indeed going really badly down there now it would sure help these guys. It is about a three and a half hour ride one way for me or I would go myself. I know this must surely leave a bad taste for the Ga fiero club guys who so recently tried to help Dean get his shop moved and squared away. Damn this sucks for so many people... Peace

Pete

PFF
System Bot
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2012 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pete Matos:

Wow....just WOW..... this situation seems to be degrading rapidly now. I gotta say that having personally met and spoken with dean down there at his shop on our way to an engagement in Georgia I am awfully surprised by all of this. He seemed like he was a stand up guy and the cars he had there really looked good. Nobody is above failure and it is startling how this has evolved and gone down hill so fast. I am sorry for everyone who has been scammed by this and I sincerely hope that you get what you paid for or at least get your car back in one piece. After looking at the pictures of the engine and reading all of the goings on here I am awfully surprised that there are STILL some guys who are not willing to concede that this has gone south. I mean even I thought that picture of the engine progress and the intake manifold looked pretty cool, it is amazing how something can look so good on the outside and be so damn shitty on the inside. I mean those welds on that intake manifold interior are laughable. I am trying to teach my daughter to Tig weld and her FIRST attempts were better than that LOL. It really is a shame that this is going so badly particularly for those who paid a princely sum to have custom work done on their cars. I shudder to hear the reports that are forthcoming about what it going on down there in Georgia. Perhaps some of the Georgia fiero club guys can try to intervene in some small way on the behalf of the guys who still have cars there. If it is indeed going really badly down there now it would sure help these guys. It is about a three and a half hour ride one way for me or I would go myself. I know this must surely leave a bad taste for the Ga fiero club guys who so recently tried to help Dean get his shop moved and squared away. Damn this sucks for so many people... Peace

Pete

What the GA Fiero club should do is come forward with what they know. Where Dean lives, contact info for the employee's Dean just fired etc. Everything is gone... WHERE DID IT GO? There is nothing but scrap left at Whodeanies. I mean Dean is throwing the GA Fiero club under the bus. You guys do know he blames all damage and lost parts on those that helped him move right? Paul is checking to see if he has that part on tape. Pics & vids are coming.. give him some time. Paul had a VERY rough last few days.

Pete, if I call you dad, will you tech me how to weld? LOL

edit.. when I say come forward... I mean call the Georgia SA office. Obviously I am not asking for you guys to post his home address here on PFF, thats against the rules.

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2012 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow... Sugar to sh!t in 2.2...

I'll withhold judgement on this until I hear it for myself. I do know that that was certainly not the case.
As I mentioned in a previous post, I helped a couple of afternoons, after work, and one Saturday.
As a matter of fact, BV's hood and (IIRC) decklid rode in my truck, wrapped in blankets.

Most all of the loose parts were laid out against the far right wall. Nothing was piled on top of anything else. But there were a lot of old parts that came out of the "attic". Not a lot of really nice stuff. Mostly "packrat" stuff that people usually scrap. Regardless, there were a lot of parts. They extended out about 20-30 feet into the shop, and covered one entire wall from front to back.

As I mentioned before, the cars were all parked inside. Filled up about half of the area. All that were left outside were a couple of fiberglass body shells and some scrap frames. There may have been one choptop outside when I left, but I understood that it was going inside when space was organized. (There was barely room to back a truck and trailer in, by the time we finished moving everything.)

So... if it indeed went bad (and I'm not disputing that) it happened some time after the move.
Dean was still apparently trying to make it work, at that time..

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 12-14-2012).]

mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2012 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

I'll withhold judgement on this until I hear it for myself. I do know that that was certainly not the case.
As I mentioned in a previous post, I helped a couple of afternoons, after work, and one Saturday.
As a matter of fact, BV's hood and (IIRC) decklid rode in my truck, wrapped in blankets.

Most all of the loose parts were laid out against the far right wall. Nothing was piled on top of anything else. But there were a lot of old parts that came out of the "attic". Not a lot of really nice stuff. Mostly "packrat" stuff that people usually scrap. Regardless, there were a lot of parts. They extended out about 20-30 feet into the shop, and covered one entire wall from front to back.

As I mentioned before, the cars were all parked inside. Filled up about half of the area. All that were left outside were a couple of fiberglass body shells and some scrap frames. There may have been one choptop outside when I left, but I understood that it was going inside when space was organized. (There was barely room to back a truck and trailer in, by the time we finished moving everything.)

So... if it indeed went bad (and I'm not disputing that) it happened some time after the move.
Dean was still apparently trying to make it work, at that time.

I don't know how far you are from Dean, but maybe you could do everyone a solid and check in on the situation? Especially since no one is giving out the whole story?
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2012 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm over an hour from there. Longer in Christmas season traffic.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2012 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm over an hour from there. Longer in Christmas season traffic.

I see, maybe you know someone close to there? This looks to be pretty bad, and having an objective report would go far to help everyone out. No pressure, just trying to help. I don't know anyone around there.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2012 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dean was still apparently trying to make it work, at that time..

I dont think anyone believes you guys did anything wrong. I certainly don't believe anything that comes out of Deans mouth.

Edit The bit in bold above... thats pretty funny given our history. LOL

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2012 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please, if someone is nearby help me out. I need someone to go look on the rottinchop and the joel project. It is about a 24 hour round trip for me to head there and back. Please go check on all our projects.

For everyone, please do not post any of Dean's personal details on this forum. You will be flirty a very dangerous legal line if anything happens to him. If you have called for posting his details go back now and delete it!

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2012 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

johnyrottin

5464 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Also BV can you post the details of the attorney(s) and businesses you are working through. I am holding on to a positive outlook, hoping against all hopes that Dean will do the right thing but my confidence is waning. I would post those details in both threads.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2012 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

Also BV can you post the details of the attorney(s) and businesses you are working through. I am holding on to a positive outlook, hoping against all hopes that Dean will do the right thing but my confidence is waning. I would post those details in both threads.

Roger that: I would ask you do this part before I give out any further info.

Stage 1

If you feel that Dean has ripped you off, treated you poorly, kept your property etc.. please contact the office below. The more of us that contact them, the stronger the case. I already have my case number and spoke with Jack I believe.

Georgia Governor's Office of Consumer Protection
2 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, Suite 356
Atlanta, Georgia 30334-9077

Tel: 404-651-8600 or 1-800-869-1123 (toll-free in Georgia, outside of the metro Atlanta calling area)

Fax: 404-651-9018

Office hours: 8:00am-5:00pm, Monday-Friday.
Telephone counselors are available between 8:30am-5:00pm weekdays.

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2012 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As much as people try to compare this to loyde... it really doesnt even come close to compare to the 100's of thousands loyde stole over the years.
PFF
System Bot
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2012 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

As much as people try to compare this to loyde... it really doesnt even come close to compare to the 100's of thousands loyde stole over the years.

Loyde was bad... really bad. However, we are just on the tip of the iceberg here. I just spoke with a former employee. I thought I had a pretty good picture of that is going on... I got blown out of the water.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2012 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Loyde was bad... really bad. However, we are just on the tip of the iceberg here. I just spoke with a former employee. I thought I had a pretty good picture of that is going on... I got blown out of the water.

Iceburg? I mean there is only 10 customers involved with him right now right? Loyde scammed hundreds.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2012 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Iceburg? I mean there is only 10 customers involved with him right now right? Loyde scammed hundreds.

I don't know if you can say hundreds.... unless you're counting everyone he did work for and are assuming he overcharged everyone. Hundreds of people didn't end up not getting their cars and parts back.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2012 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mptighe:

I don't know if you can say hundreds.... unless you're counting everyone he did work for and are assuming he overcharged everyone. Hundreds of people didn't end up not getting their cars and parts back.

remember loyde scammed primarily through mail order..... and outside of the forum via his scam website.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2012 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

remember loyde scammed primarily through mail order..... and outside of the forum via his scam website.

True, I still wonder if he's doing anything out of his shop. His website says he's closed but I still wonder
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2012 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I dont think anyone believes you guys did anything wrong. I certainly don't believe anything that comes out of Deans mouth.

Edit The bit in bold above... thats pretty funny given our history. LOL

Having been a past member of the GA Fiero Club, I'd trust these guys to move anything that I own. It is due to their character that they were involved at all.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2012 07:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dyno tune this weekend if my new piston rings arrive today.
Formula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2012 07:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dyno tune this weekend if my new piston rings arrive today.

I can't find the mods in the thread anymore. What's all done to it? Any guesses on dyno numbers (is it a loaded dyno?)
bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2012 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put some miles on the car before you dyno it...the rings gotta break in

Dave
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2012 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bmwguru:

Put some miles on the car before you dyno it...the rings gotta break in

Dave

I always wonder where you get all this magical information at....

No, the rings do not need to "break in" to make some wussy (and pointless) dyno runs.
PFF
System Bot
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2012 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No, the rings do not need to "break in" to make some wussy (and pointless) dyno runs.

Well, every engine rebuilder and crate engine seller say that a break in period is necessary before testing the engine, hell even new cars and motorcycles say this. I'm thinking that's where he gets his info. I know in your mind you're trying to help, but this isn't about you Scott. BV's not building this your way, so just relax and try not to get too reactive.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2012 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't tell you why they say break them in but I can tell you that I have had oil samples analyzed and the break in oil has always tested as having high ferrous content. Then when the second oil change is sent the ferrous content is drastically lower. Maybe just machining particulates that get cleaned up and dumped into the supply. They also say vary your sepeeds alot when you are breaking in a new motor.
Justinbart

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2012 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would worry about the clutch more than the piston rings. If the rings don't seat in the first minute, you have problems.

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
11.17@132.6

Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2012 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Scott, I know your smarter than this, break in is necessary for proper engine longitivity. But I'm willing to listen to your reasoning as to why it isn't needed.

"•Break in is important. All engine bearings and cylinders, etc. must wear evenly and proper. Also, piston rings need to seat. Have you ever seen a new engine burn oil until it breaks in? Some piston ring take up to 5000 miles to fully seat or wear evenly to cylinder bore. Not following proper break in procedures could result in premature engine/parts failure."

[This message has been edited by Fierofreak00 (edited 12-18-2012).]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2012 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Aside from an initial cam break in & heat cycle, I have never "broken in" an engine. Finish that first bit, change the oil and go hell for leather. I haven't had an engine failure yet. Granted, I usually don't keep cars long enough... but thats not my point. LOL Well there was that one Corvair that threw a rod but I didn't use a TQ wrench on anything.

Dont worry guys.. its a **** engine. I dont really care if it works or explodes. Hopefully I can get to drive it atleast once before it goes pop....and it will go pop!
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2012 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierofreak00:

Scott, I know your smarter than this, break in is necessary for proper engine longitivity. But I'm willing to listen to your reasoning as to why it isn't needed.

Why am I 'smarter than this'?

Just because I do not obtain my knowledge of cars from the redneck that rebuilds 350s around the corner and watching fast and furious movies does not mean I am an idiot.

I have looked at the cylinder bores of more 3800s than I could count, and i could tell you that none of the "piston rings" have "broken into" any of them.. and some had 200k miles on them. If for some reason you bought some garbage piston rings shaped like footballs then thats your own fault... otherwise a round ring will fit into a round hole well enough to not blow enough compression through them to cause damage.

As justin said, the clutch will not stand a chance in hell at holding any real power back unless its a dynojet and you make pulls in 2nd or something.

BV's not building this your way, so just relax and try not to get too reactive.

From what I have gathered, BV does listen to most things I suggest.

And man really what is the deal with you posting in every damn thread I post in. You have zero grounds for disucssing most anything on this forum, but in most every case yet you have more posts in these types of threads than I do most of the time. You posted in the whodeen thread a billion times with NO reason to (save the "i wanted him to polish my EGR blockoff plates" talk for someone who cares btw), and this one more than a few times just trying to defend people from my viral crackpot advice. Luckily it is fun to joke around about how dumb you sound when you say basically anything.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2012 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just FYI, I do listen. I really do. Its just at this point, I don't care (about this particular engine).
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2012 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And man really what is the deal with you posting in every damn thread I post in. You have zero grounds for disucssing most anything on this forum, but in most every case yet you have more posts in these types of threads than I do most of the time. You posted in the whodeen thread a billion times with NO reason to (save the "i wanted him to polish my EGR blockoff plates" talk for someone who cares btw), and this one more than a few times just trying to defend people from my viral crackpot advice. Luckily it is fun to joke around about how dumb you sound when you say basically anything.

BV apparently didn't listen to you when it comes to your junkyard v/s rebuilt engines thing, which this kind of falls into. If you want proof, I'll go dig up his responses to you and repost them here. As far as my ignorance goes, your damn right I have ignorance and I own it. What's your excuse? When it comes to me "following you around", how the hell would anyone EVER avoid you? You post in EVERY 3800 thread because you're the God of all things 3800, right? Why did I post in Whodeanie's thread? Because I was a customer of his, and I was trying to help people out including Dean at first, what's your reason? Just to make smart-ass remarks and to ask why people hate on you so much? This right here is why....

Honestly, I hate on 99% of the 3800 threads 100x more than I hate on any other thread.

Believe it or not, there are people that know more than you do. You keep talking about the engineers and how they know more than anyone else (except you apparently), even though their designs usually are a combination of many priorities, with performance usually not coming in first. Well, it's the engineers that have said that new and rebuilt engines need a break in period. Will rings cause catastrophic failure? Probably not, but it will cause issues with the engine, and reduce the longevity. He's building for long term, not just to beat the **** out of until he needs to throw in another junkyard engine. You don't agree, we get it. The way you're coming at this though proves what I said about why people "hate" on you.
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2012 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Listen to him, he knows what he's talking about. I even back up his comment.

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. All original.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock