Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  My 88 Fiero GT 14k miles (Page 31)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
My 88 Fiero GT 14k miles by BV MotorSports
Started on: 03-16-2012 02:48 PM
Replies: 1936 (68284 views)
Last post by: BV MotorSports on 01-13-2017 07:45 PM
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2013 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lol now why would I bring a bat to a gun fight? So glad to hear about the riding areas! I was worried we wouldnt have anywhere to ride. So, I assume out there near Ft Dix, its very rural? Me likes rural, hate big city life and its corresponding traffic.
IP: Logged
bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2013 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very rural....the area between my shop and fort dix is very very rural except in whiting, which you will find old people that don't drive over 30mph, but that is the only traffic.
Lots of woods and open areas
Dave
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2013 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome. Thanks for the info Dave. I really appreciate it. I hate moving... funny since we are military, but I hate moving none the less!
mptighe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2013 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:

Awesome. Thanks for the info Dave. I really appreciate it. I hate moving... funny since we are military, but I hate moving none the less!

When are you having to move, and how will this affect your Fiero work?
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2013 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Report NLT date is Sep 15th
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2013 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So you are really going sending your car up to NJ to get a "charlie special" tune done? Sounds logical enough I suppose.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2013 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

So you are really going sending your car up to NJ to get a "charlie special" tune done? Sounds logical enough I suppose.

Is the "Charlie Special" referring to the guy building his car now, or to Dave's customer Charlie?
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2013 04:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV and I have not talked about me ever working on is car if that was what you are referring to. I'm done with swaps except with my own for the time being.
What is a "Charlie special"?
Dave
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2013 07:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will wife be home by the move time???
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2013 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

WE are getting stationed there. So the Fiero will be coming with us. I would imagine it will have been long since finished before September.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2013 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001
Today is the day, should know something around dinner time. *fingers crossed* for good news! TBH, I am not expecting to actually get good news.

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 02-04-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
dajack761

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2013 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Today is the day, should know something around dinner time. *fingers crossed* for good news! TBH, I am not expecting to actually get good news.

Hope for good news just the same.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2013 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
".....oooooouuuummmmmmmmmaaahahhhhhh" (sending positive vibes for good news...)
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2013 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just ate dinner. Whats the news?
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2013 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMaster88:

I just ate dinner. Whats the news?

Yeah.. "the ECU made it run better". "Im maxed out now, I have one more thing to try in the AM". WTF ever that means.

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2013 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001
We are up to 5200rpm, still too rich. 6psi of boost.
Justinbart

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2013 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What does any of that mean?

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
11.17@132.6

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2013 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Justinbart:

What does any of that mean?

= Blah blah blah... more money... blah blah blah.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2013 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL...Sprenkensie salesman...
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2013 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The parts Richard sent to fix my front suspension arrived today. I am impressed with HT's customer service. Its not his fault Dean f'ed up the instal but Richard sorted it out. AWESOME! Maybe someday I'll be able to get the car back, sort out the suspension and actually drive it. 1 month I will have owned the car for a year. Lets see if she is ready to drive by the anniversary date of March 6th.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2013 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update? Come on man. A freakin blizzard is holding me up, what's your excuse?
PFF
System Bot
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2013 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This aint right... I had to physically pry the coil overs out of the front crossmember. Seems dumbass forgot to install the spring adapter. I dont know what the hell he did on the end there...

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 02-13-2013).]

mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2013 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So what happened with the tuning? Did everything get resolved?
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2013 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mptighe:

So what happened with the tuning? Did everything get resolved?

LOL... no Apparently there is a wiring issue.

Did I mention the part where my coil overs were supposed to be the externally adjustable, upgraded shocks?? Nope... the base version. Another few hundred I got screwed out of...

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 02-13-2013).]

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2013 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Adjustable doesn't always mean better.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2013 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am on the phone with Richard. I have 84-87 Fiero parts!!!!! He is sending me a completely new suspension for my car.

Richard @ http://arrautmotorsports.com/ has the best customer service, hands down.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2013 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am on the phone with Richard. I have 84-87 Fiero parts!!!!! He is sending me a completely new suspension for my car.

Richard @ http://arrautmotorsports.com/ has the best customer service, hands down.

Glad they're taking car of you. If I had anything other than a '88 I'd be looking to get some of those parts off ya.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2013 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mptighe:

Glad they're taking car of you. If I had anything other than a '88 I'd be looking to get some of those parts off ya.

I promised to mail the parts I have now back to him.

Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2013 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WHAT UP DUDE!

------------------
2008 ZX-10R
1994 ZX-7-9R
1986 GT 4.9 4Auto

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2013 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Racer_JT:

WHAT UP DUDE!

I am AWESOME!!! Hey, I'll give you a call tomorrow Jesse.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2013 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got all the pinouts printed out from Darth. I have a friend coming over this weekend that doesn't have any color vision issues. I pulled the injectors and will be sending them off to WitchHunter. I dont know if they were new or used, I guess it couldnt hurt to have them cleaned & flow tested.

Even though I am really upset over this car, it is good to have her home.
PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post02-15-2013 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Always hoping the best for ya.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2013 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I got all the pinouts printed out from Darth. I have a friend coming over this weekend that doesn't have any color vision issues. I pulled the injectors and will be sending them off to WitchHunter. I dont know if they were new or used, I guess it couldnt hurt to have them cleaned & flow tested.

Even though I am really upset over this car, it is good to have her home.

You cant really have a wiring issue thats not "a wiring issue"... It is either something works or it doesnt....
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2013 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I got all the pinouts printed out from Darth. I have a friend coming over this weekend that doesn't have any color vision issues.

I wouldn't rely at all on color of wires, especially on a modified harness. Just add a wiring extention to your multimeter and check for continuity from sensor pin to PMC pin. It takes time, but that will let you know the wires are not broken and terminated in the proper locations. Then reconnect everything and start going sensor by sensor checking for 5V and grounds with the PCM powered up.

Also probe all the PCM pins to make sure they are the same installed depth. If the pin wans't fully seated and locked into place, after a couple of connects/disconnects of the connectors the loose pins could have backed out.
Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2013 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you are awesome Bubba V in a weird spinning kind of way
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2013 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fingers crossed....I want to see this thing up and running and painted! Can just see it streching its legs winding down Deal's Gap!!!!
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2013 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Racer_JT:

you are awesome Bubba V in a weird spinning kind of way

You spin me round round baby like a record player.. round round round round. Man, I am getting the itch to hit the track! Too much awesomeness is building up!
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2013 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001

Originally posted by fieroguru:

I wouldn't rely at all on color of wires, especially on a modified harness. Just add a wiring extention to your multimeter and check for continuity from sensor pin to PMC pin. It takes time, but that will let you know the wires are not broken and terminated in the proper locations. Then reconnect everything and start going sensor by sensor checking for 5V and grounds with the PCM powered up.

Also probe all the PCM pins to make sure they are the same installed depth. If the pin wans't fully seated and locked into place, after a couple of connects/disconnects of the connectors the loose pins could have backed out.

Electrical is not my thing, sadly. I have a badass Fluke DMM but I rarely use it. If we cant sort out the wiring, I am going to remove it and send it to Jim @ Injection Technology to check it out. I asked Timm (phonedawgz) and BMWguru but didn't get a reply.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2013 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001

You cant really have a wiring issue thats not "a wiring issue"... It is either something works or it doesnt....

How can you pull as much fuel as you want in the tune, yet have no change in the AFR? Something is overriding the ECU commands. Honestly, I have spoken with several people (including Turbo Tim of ZZP) and our best assumption is there is a wiring issue. Otherwise, I am at a loss as to what the problem is. I'll find it eventually and post my findings.

bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2013 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did reply to your pm....unless you sent me another that I didn't receive

Dave
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock