Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  What headlights you would pick? (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What headlights you would pick? by madcurl
Started on: 06-30-2004 08:48 PM
Replies: 569 (82538 views)
Last post by: tshark on 12-15-2015 07:16 AM
zMacK

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2004 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zMacKSend a Private Message to zMacKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like how sunfires lights look. They would be hard to get looking right in a fiero.
I think it could be done so they look great.

plus they are still pontiac lights.

IP: Logged
fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2004 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

These headlights are niccccccce !

They are from the K-1 Attack car.

Try this on for size:

------------------
fourpoint9
87 notchback 4.9L swap in progress

The Punisher

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 433
User Banned

Report this Post07-19-2004 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The PunisherSend a Private Message to The PunisherEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero5:

Norms flush mounts are pretty sweet plus they require no modification I beleive.
I know however that you are looking to do something a bit more unique and exotic so I would try and use something very hard for others to obtain and copy like maybe this:
www.lambobuilder.com/lights/wiringheadlights.pdf
or maybe these:

These look pretty sweet too:

Just a few ideas for ya

Steve

Damm dude.. now I see why that green snot rice wagon is so ugly..you have horrible taste!!

JD... Two , Two Assholes in one..guess who's back in the HIZzzzzzouse.

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2004 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by The Punisher:

Damm dude.. now I see why that green snot rice wagon is so ugly..you have horrible taste!!

LmAo... Welcome back!
GTFiero1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2004 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
heres a real quick drawing i made. basicaly it would be a non-pop-up headlight. would use a 4th gen camaro style headlight next to a high output halogen light in a nicesly shaped molded plastic/fiberglass/carbon fiber housing that would bolt in place of the stock light then a vacuum formed plexiglass cover overthem

------------------

Carbed 2.9 engine build in progress. forged pistons, crane cam, fully balanced, ARP bolts, double roller timing chain and more
--Adam--
IM AOL: FieroGT5speed

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2004 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fourpoint9:

Try this on for size:

not bad. I wonder how could one get around that company who has them? I seen the car last night on a Auto Show. i think they said they wanted 50,000 Euros for the Attack car?

OR back to the drawing board with the NSX's lights.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-28-2004).]

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2004 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Try this on for size:

basicly just a custom version of projector bulbs... you can buy indavidual projector assemblies - but most fiero people won't want to shell out the money for them so you can always havest components from ebay ricer projector assemblies from cars like civics, focus, etc

but for me the drop in recessed are best

[This message has been edited by Kohburn (edited 07-28-2004).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2004 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The Sunfire lights are starting to grow on me.

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2004 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Punisher, here is a reminder for YOU from the forums first page: "The only thing we ask of you is not to abuse the forum, do not spam it with links to commercial sites. Also, we don't tolerate foul language, racial remarks, etc. We simply ask you to use your own good judgement of what is appropriate or not. If you stick to these simple rules, you can discuss anything you want. You can discuss how to make your tires burn rubber, how to avoid speed traps, how other cars suck compared to the Fiero -"
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2004 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

You can discuss how to make your tires burn rubber, how to avoid speed traps, how other cars suck compared to the Fiero -"

Whats there to discuss? Its a well known fact the fiero is the best car ever

LITEDAZE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2004 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LITEDAZESend a Private Message to LITEDAZEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Try this on for size:

looks like something you'd see playing mega man....i like it!!

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2004 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The Sunfire lights are starting to grow on me.

Which ones? The new Sunfire lights or the old ones?

Byw, I like these Attack headlights. But part of the problem is not having access to them like at a car dealer's lot or something. The Celica lights I could go and see them and take measuremnts w/no problem.

droptopsunfire03

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2004 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for droptopsunfire03Send a Private Message to droptopsunfire03Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I fyou guys like the sunfire lights, check out the lights on mine being i have a sunfire. I put some projectors in there From my experience with that making lights like the atack would be simple. i even have agood source for fairly inexpensive high quality units from hella(57 each high or low beam). I am looking at buying a project fiero right now, have one here locally, and i will have plenty of time to work on it, if all works out ill be doin that!! O BTW ehres a pic of my lights if interested, i dont kow how to post pics here as i only know HTML and that doesnt seem o work ut heres the address to a good angle pic. http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/8/web/212000-212999/212995_19_full.jpg
fierodog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2004 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierodogSend a Private Message to fierodogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok ps'ers can you take sunfire lights flip the upside down and put them on reverse sides of the fiero? Just think they might look cool like that.
droptopsunfire03

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2004 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for droptopsunfire03Send a Private Message to droptopsunfire03Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you know those attack lights, the shape at least looks alot like the lights on an acura rsx, maybe be a bit easier, cheaper to do that and have the same or very similar look
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2004 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierodog:

ok ps'ers can you take sunfire lights flip the upside down and put them on reverse sides of the fiero? Just think they might look cool like that.

amazing what you can do with mspaint if you are bored

Francis T

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2004 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
5 - other: I'd modify the stock lids/assemblies to use 2 mini lights per side and have the lid only come up like 2" or whatever is needed for the lites function good. With that setup, you still retain the aerodynamicaly clean look with the lights off and only change it a little with them on. I plan on doing it to my GT when I finesh a few other mods first. No, I haven't figured out the best way to do it yet, but it can't be all that hard. Yeah, most people would rather disturb the lines with some other setup, but I don't my car to look yet another rice burner from the front. You have a great looking car, I'm sure you'll settle on the right combo.
fieroman87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2004 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroman87Send a Private Message to fieroman87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok, so take Norm's front and put in 3rd gen Eclipse lights in it..... can any one do this?

------------------
- Why you stuck up, half-witted, scruffy looking, NERF HERDER!!!
- Who's scruffy lookin'?

Arty: a.k.a. FestYboy or Fieroman87
'87 GT 5 spd.
'88 Festiva 5 spd.
Yahoo messanger: AMAbonus
AIM: FestYboy88L

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2004 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroman87:

ok, so take Norm's front and put in 3rd gen Eclipse lights in it..... can any one do this?

I agree. The original headlights that are offered don't flow with the front fascia of that kit. Changing the lights and maybe some of the various lines would, IMO do the trick.

With the (one) main center vent, why not modify it so that it is similar to that of the Enzo? The side maker lights need to be changed too. This is what make a custom piece fit the customers style. Changing it or tweeking it allows for the bar to be raised instead of just bolting it on. The weight saving also hepls too, hehehe.

FrozenFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2004 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrozenFieroSend a Private Message to FrozenFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As a suggestion, how about the Saturn Ion Coupe headlights? The slope of its hood might be closer to the Fieros.

------------------
FrozenFiero
(1987 2.5l Sport Coupe)

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2004 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FrozenFiero:

As a suggestion, how about the Saturn Ion Coupe headlights? The slope of its hood might be closer to the Fieros.

I have on better. Use the Saturn sport coupe side maker lights 1992-95? There larger and are more curved. Yes, they look just like the Red 20th car.

PFF
System Bot
fieroman87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2004 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroman87Send a Private Message to fieroman87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

I have on better. Use the Saturn sport coupe side maker lights 1992-95? There larger and are more curved. Yes, they look just like the Red 20th car.

i'll one up you better.... use the headlights from the new Accord on Norm's nose... how bout them apples

RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2004 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Other people would kill to have the stock lights that come on the car. I would leave them alone.

I don’t know that there is anything that could make your car better. It is perfect as it is. The only thing that I could think of that could make it any better is a color GPS with a moving map if you don't already have one.

------------------
1987 Fiero SE

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2004 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by The Punisher:

Nice, and this coming from someone who was recently instantly and deservingly banned, who then some how allowed back in under your new ID went right off and posted more insulting stuff that almost got you banned in record time again. Then you whined later about how you couldn't edit any of it back out in time (like any of us believed that one) before it got the thread locked (still time in this one) and now your whining again in your Formula for sale thread in the mall that anyone who posts anything negative or contrary to what you (or is it Shaun) says is a troll.
Your too funny...not.

miztic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2004 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mizticSend a Private Message to mizticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Surprised nobody suggested mitsu 3000GT headlights, I can't be the only one who's thought about putting those on my Fiero ..

pic found on google:

onfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2004 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for onfireSend a Private Message to onfireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's what sunfire headlights look like.

Here is a thread with 300zx lights.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20040710-1-036935.html

------------------

[This message has been edited by onfire (edited 08-11-2004).]

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2004 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My choice is simple. Norms front end. Simply the best front end mod for the Fiero, ever.

Norm, You are the man!

------------------
-Chris - Custom Gun Metal 86 GT 3.4 5spd
3.4 SOLD & 4.9 being installed

"It's too low, too rough, too loud, drinks gas, it's totally impractical, but damn good lookin. In other words, It's almost perfect!"
Build up tread or MODS w/ Pics

4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2004 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nebiros88:

As nice as those photoshops look the 300zx lights are out of size from reality... how do I know? photoshops like that made me buy a set of those lights and try to fit them on my fiero... they are about 15"s wide if i remember right.

this is more their true size

these lights have been passed onto shoprat... good luck getting them to look right... I sure couldnt.

car almost looks like a 3rd gen camaro i like it! but the lights are to big for the car tho

Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2004 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Would it be possible to just get something like this and take just the actual round headlight (in the middle) out and mount two of them side by side and have like a low profile pop up headlights. Just sorta curious.
Mike

------------------

MSN messenger :Silentassassin_185@hotmail.com
Yahoo ID :Silentassassin185@yahoo.com

Oneredfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2004 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OneredfieroClick Here to visit Oneredfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to OneredfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Silentassassin185:

Would it be possible to just get something like this and take just the actual round headlight (in the middle) out and mount two of them side by side and have like a low profile pop up headlights. Just sorta curious.
Mike

I think songman posted pics of what yer thinkin of. I can't find any but i'm pretty shure it was someone in german that has them on a silver fastback. It looks sharp.

Oneredfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2004 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OneredfieroClick Here to visit Oneredfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to OneredfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oneredfiero

999 posts
Member since Mar 2002

Try this on for size:

Those lights look almost like the Acura RSX's. Has anyone else thought of putin RSX taillights on a fastback? Would anyone be willing to PS them at all?

[This message has been edited by Oneredfiero (edited 08-12-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2004 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by onfire:

Here's what sunfire headlights look like.

Here is a thread with 300zx lights.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20040710-1-036935.html

I am using these light's on "SmoothGT"... I have mount's made so I can actually adjust them when installed... I have mine moved up further then the picture above!

STAY TUNED!!

PS....
I REALLY LOVE this mod to the S'Fire H/L... VERY SWEET!!
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/8/web/212000-212999/212995_19_full.jpg

------------------

Custom Built -- W I D E B O D Y-- GT!!
One of One!! *Under~Surgery*

Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2004 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by miztic:

Surprised nobody suggested mitsu 3000GT headlights, I can't be the only one who's thought about putting those on my Fiero ..

Pic jscott1 made or found for me a while back

Here's a few more Photoshops that Flashy and Woody made for me

And the thread those and more pics came from:

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20040223-1-035268.html

timwdegner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2004 03:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timwdegnerSend a Private Message to timwdegnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Try this on for size:

Freakin' BEAUTIFUL!!!

I like stock, though.

Personally, I care about function first and style second... so, flush mounted headlights would be high on my list - I think it would look cool with a single oval (like the shape of oval exhaust tailpipes) headlight under a flush lens on each side. I could be wrong... someone wanna photoshop it?

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2004 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After looking at various head light options, for me it comes down to only two:

NSX's and the 2005 Corvette. Now I have to figure out if they can fit?

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2004 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

After looking at various head light options, for me it comes down to only two:

NSX's and the 2005 Corvette. Now I have to figure out if they can fit?

come now - surely you know you can MAKE anything fit -
just a matter of how easily, and if it'll look right

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2004 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Easy huh? I'll have to sneek over to GM and lay down a quick paper copy w/o someone calling the cops. The parts department don't have any 2005 headlamps yet.

Will it look good? Who knows? I'll draw it out first and then Pipe dream it some more, hehehehe.

Question: Could somene photo shop the 2005 Corvette lights onto a Fiero?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-12-2004).]

Azriel

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-14-2004 06:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AzrielSend a Private Message to AzrielEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

These headlights are niccccccce !

They are from the K-1 Attack car.

lol.. I laughed my ass off when I found out that thing was based on a POS Honda Accord. i saw an article on it a few months ago.

87FieroGTx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2004 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroGTxClick Here to visit 87FieroGTx's HomePageSend a Private Message to 87FieroGTxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The K-1 Attack is anything but a POS, the attack is an all out a$$ kicker.

I beleave the only parts from the Accord used in the Attack are the engine and trans, HVAC, Etc. The stock F22 (150hp)?? will blast the quarter mile in around 13.5 seconds. I plan on building a (350hp@8,000rpm) turbocharged K-20 6-speed. This should put me in the 10's in this 1900lb car.

There are very few in the US, but believe me, this car is more than a match for any Fiero.... Unless it's raining

------------------

bdjones

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2004 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bdjonesSend a Private Message to bdjonesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I started to build those lights for my fiero a while ago... then I bought a finale kit and I scrapped the idea (although I'm trying to work it into the finale body lines now).
I used HID projectors that I bought from Eric (RacingMan) for a very fair price.

Here's some pictures:

--BJ

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock