Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  What headlights you would pick? (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What headlights you would pick? by madcurl
Started on: 06-30-2004 08:48 PM
Replies: 569 (82541 views)
Last post by: tshark on 12-15-2015 07:16 AM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you had a choice for headlights for your Fiero (s) which one would you pick? I'll start with some examples:

1. Stock or slightly modified?
2. NSX?
3. Celica,
4. Sunfire?
5. Corvette 2005
6. other(s) Pipe dreams?

Blah, blah, blah, I know I covered this subject before with the Celica headlamps, but thats old news now since we know it can be done. And thanks to all who helped photo-shop'd it and gave comments regarding it (positve or negitive).

------------------

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-12-2004).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw the Celica headlight thread and it was pretty cool, but I looking at a Murano the other day and I believe they are sort of the same shape, just a little different style I think. They look pretty cool.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

I saw the Celica headlight thread and it was pretty cool, but I looking at a Murano the other day and I believe they are sort of the same shape, just a little different style I think. They look pretty cool.

Isn't that the SUV? If so, I'd looked at those too...hmmmmmmmm? I also been looking at the Acura 2004 sedan ones too. But I think the slant needed isn't there?

FieroJuice

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJuiceSend a Private Message to FieroJuiceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Off topic, I would pick which sig pic to go with and use just 1, not 2 of them.

On topic, I would stay with stock style headlights, maybe slim pop-ups though.

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2004 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the C4 Corvette roll up headlites. First choice.

Second choice, drop door slim lines.

------------------

Rickady88GT QuadCam 3.5 V6

wpgfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2004 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wpgfieroSend a Private Message to wpgfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I LOVE the headlights from a S15 Nissan Silvia, i'm just not sure how hard it would be to make them work with Fiero lines.

Another one I've thought about is the headlights from Opel GT's, they look like pop-ups, but they kinda barrell-roll I guess to open and then they're big round bulbs. Kinda hard to explain.

Fiero~Spataro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2004 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero~SpataroSend a Private Message to Fiero~SpataroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i think the C6 vette lights are cool, same with the acura TL
SandstormGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2004 01:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SandstormGTSend a Private Message to SandstormGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think these are very cool...

If someone made these, people would come!
AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2004 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think the new NSX ones would have some potential.

------------------

Zoom88

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2004 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Zoom88Click Here to visit Zoom88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Zoom88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey , can't help you with the headlight issue ...since I am having the same problem trying to figure out which ones I like !!
But I sure would like to see some close-ups of your side scoops !! Are those from the Fiero warehouse ?
Beautiful car...hope I will get a chance to see it in person someday !!!

Zoom

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2004 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SandstormGT:

I think these are very cool...

If someone made these, people would come!

Hmmmm.......from what make of car are those headlights from?

Okay, so far:

1. NSX
2. Acura's TL

PFF
System Bot
LITEDAZE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2004 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LITEDAZESend a Private Message to LITEDAZEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i like the flip ups, but with the dual lamps....not the cheesy undersized ones, the identical ones to the lotus/ferarri type.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2004 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LITEDAZE:

i like the flip ups, but with the dual lamps....not the cheesy undersized ones, the identical ones to the lotus/ferarri type.

Are those similar to the Firebirds duel headlamps? Anyway I'm tring to get away from the "stock" flip-up bucket type . Something that would look "new" as if GM was still producing the Fiero.

sthtxfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2004 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sthtxfieroSend a Private Message to sthtxfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i like stock the fieros look good on thier own
LITEDAZE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2004 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LITEDAZESend a Private Message to LITEDAZEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i've actually never seen the firebird dualies......i'm gonna look now though........do you know the amount of modifications they need if any??
Coop9200

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2004 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Coop9200Click Here to visit Coop9200's HomePageSend a Private Message to Coop9200Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the nsx lights all the way...they look so hot. OR the 300zx lights like that german guy did. That would be even hotter

-Coop

Mr. Pat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2004 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr. PatClick Here to visit Mr. Pat's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr. PatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Flip down would be cool. Or 300zx lights. I love lights that pop out of nowhere though. Its a trip.

Oh, did you ever get that blower put on? Or am I talking out my ass?

[This message has been edited by Mr. Pat (edited 07-01-2004).]

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2004 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Isn't that the SUV? If so, I'd looked at those too...hmmmmmmmm? I also been looking at the Acura 2004 sedan ones too. But I think the slant needed isn't there?

Yeah, the Nissan SUV... but I got a second look at them today and it seems that they gradualy slope and then come to a steep drop off thats probably too much for the fiero.

Somebody else mentioned the Acura TL... I second that, they look nice.

shop_rat45

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2004 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shop_rat45Send a Private Message to shop_rat45Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm going to be doing a set of Honda Accord projectors. I was going to do the 300ZX, but it looked like I would have to cut too much to make them fit right.

------------------

freshfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2004 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for freshfieroSend a Private Message to freshfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
stick to the name brand and use the sunfire lamps. -gary-

------------------

------ MY FLEET-----
.....1984 2m4 se-305 v8 swap in progress....
.....1987 2m4 base duke all original.....
.....1985 2m6 gt. stage 3 chip, no cat.....
.....1993 Jeep grand cherokee v8.....
.....1986 chevy p/u fullsize 4.3.....

[This message has been edited by freshfiero (edited 07-01-2004).]

roys88fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2004 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for roys88fieroClick Here to visit roys88fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to roys88fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i would do the Rare87gt headlight mod.......but thats just me.

------------------
I own an original yellow 1988 pontiac fiero GT, (wingless, currently purple) very proud also....Truly is...Driving Excitement!

Matching numbers GT
#17889 of 26,402 made in 1988

PFF
System Bot
Francis T

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2004 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would do the best a-best-both-worlds setup. I don't know which he used, but anyway, my son made housings and put small rectangular lights on his MR2 (he sells the setup at trueleo.com) they look good but I like the clean hidden look. Now if you remove your big lights and modify the headlight assemble to only come up a few inches and put two of those small headlights on each side, I think it would look really cool. Another one of those 'someday I'll have to try do that' things. I hope you can picture what I said. After we get the hi-flo manfolds rolling out the door, maybe I try that mod? Let me know what you thing about it.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2004 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Call me strange, but I'd like to see the stock headlights recessed with molded plexi covers, ala GT40. Either that, or something similar to this...

... with 4th-gen Camaro lights.

Fiero5

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2004 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Norms flush mounts are pretty sweet plus they require no modification I beleive.
I know however that you are looking to do something a bit more unique and exotic so I would try and use something very hard for others to obtain and copy like maybe this:
www.lambobuilder.com/lights/wiringheadlights.pdf
or maybe these:

These look pretty sweet too:

Just a few ideas for ya

Steve

------------------

Updated June 2004! Over 600 pics of our ever growing fleet of Pontiac excitement including a few new pics of Jordans F&F Green Beast!

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2004 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Celica headlight Pic as requested by madcurl:

one more for good measure:

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2004 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

Call me strange, but I'd like to see the stock headlights recessed with molded plexi covers, ala GT40. Either that, or something similar to this...

... with 4th-gen Camaro lights.

Yeah I feel the same way about tem too. On another post theres a orange concept Fiero with similar lights. Hmmmmm?

Lex

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 217
User Banned

Report this Post07-02-2004 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LexClick Here to visit Lex's HomePageSend a Private Message to LexEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Celica headlight Pic as requested by madcurl:

one more for good measure:

THAT IS FREAK"N SWEET!

jaymo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2004 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaymoSend a Private Message to jaymoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the headlights on this website look pretty nice.

http://www.garyscustom.com/fiero.html

Jason

onfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2004 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for onfireSend a Private Message to onfireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really like these.

------------------

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2004 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How about these from a nissan 300zx ?

Some comparison shots.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2004 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8649 posts
Member since Jun 2003

The Nissan 350 Z lights are cool, not sure if the curvature is too much to work with though

PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2004 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I always liked the look when people extended the hood over the headlights to give the angry look:

These are the 300ZX lights on lil devils car:

The 350Z lights (modified to curve to body):

Then I took the liberty of ricing his car out with a front bumper from the 300 and using the different head lights:

ENJOY

------------------
1986 Fiero SE

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2004 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think the 300Z lights look a bit dated themselves. I vote for the sunbird lights or the 350Z without all the extra rice accessories.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2004 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump for more ideas.... I like this thread.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2004 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not that great with image editing, but here's some cut-n-paste GT40 headlight action.

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 07-08-2004).]

Iron_Mark_2003

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2004 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Iron_Mark_2003Send a Private Message to Iron_Mark_2003Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Call me crazy but I just feel the stock lights on the fiero look the best for the fiero. I might be persuaded to say otherwise for the notchies rather than the fastbacks.
Nebiros88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2004 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As nice as those photoshops look the 300zx lights are out of size from reality... how do I know? photoshops like that made me buy a set of those lights and try to fit them on my fiero... they are about 15"s wide if i remember right.

this is more their true size

these lights have been passed onto shoprat...

[This message has been edited by Nebiros88 (edited 11-22-2009).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2004 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

These headlights are niccccccce !

They are from the K-1 Attack car.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2004 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

These headlights are niccccccce !

They are from the K-1 Attack car.

Too bad they won't sell those headlights, beside I think it be less than 24"?

SandstormGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2004 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SandstormGTSend a Private Message to SandstormGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These are still my favorite out of everything, if someone could make a hood/headlight setup like this, people would flock, it is very intimidating....BTW these are Fold-Down Headlights( ie: the flat grey piece in front of the headlamp pops up and completely covers it as if there is only a hood.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock