Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  What headlights you would pick? (Page 14)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What headlights you would pick? by madcurl
Started on: 06-30-2004 08:48 PM
Replies: 569 (82542 views)
Last post by: tshark on 12-15-2015 07:16 AM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2011 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
#022: NSX headlamps

IP: Logged
FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2011 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

NSX headlights is the way to go. OEM or GT-One versions. I bet you'll get very good results using NSX bumpers too.

OEM

GT-One

------------------
'88 GT, 3800 SC II, IMSA/MadCurls widebody combo, Choptop, Borla exhaust, GT-One NSX Headlights.
FGTO Build thread ~> Link

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2011 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awaiting the pictures from Tonys' side marker lights.
jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2011 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This looks like Old Sunbird headlights

EDIT: Actually it's a Grand Prix GTP....

------------------
86 Fiero 2M4 Silver, and 86 GT

[This message has been edited by jwrape (edited 06-22-2011).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post06-22-2011 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess that I should throw my concepts into this hread.

4" x 6" headlight conversion with TLG HIDs. A lot of cutting, and praying.

------------------

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2011 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

I guess that I should throw my concepts into this hread.

4" x 6" headlight conversion with TLG HIDs. A lot of cutting, and praying.

Look's like the praying worked for you

Terry

------------------

Love The Excitement! //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068738.html

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2011 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mcfleev-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2011 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mcfleev-OSend a Private Message to Mcfleev-OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Where did you get that cup holder? That has to be the best spot for one
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 02:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice, very nice.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
#021 & #024

Knight

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2011 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KnightSend a Private Message to KnightEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hairballrm,
How does HIR bulb lighting compare to H4 halogen and HID "xenon"?
Also can the 60mm kit be made to have the headlight doors even lower? I noticed that there is some space between the top of the lens and the bottom of the headlight door. i really want he forward edge of the door to be no higher than the rear. Best would be with the rear edge no higher than the hood edge.

Anybody know of legal lights that could accomplish that last sentence?
PFF
System Bot
hairballrm

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2011 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hairballrmClick Here to visit hairballrm's HomePageSend a Private Message to hairballrmEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lumen is a unit of measuring the light output, brightness, of a source.
Traditional low-beam halogen headlight produces 1000 – 1200 lumens, while HID outfitted headlight outputs around 3200 lumens.
A quality H9 or 9005 will put out 1500 to 1700 lumins
The Toshiba HIR (Halogen Infrared) puts out 2700 and the Philips HIR 3000.

The fundamental difference between Halogen and and HID is the shape of the light source.
The filament vs the arc.
Someone correct me if I am wrong,
I know of no DOT legal HID reflector headlight.
Projector fixtures are able to contain the stray light that HID capsules produce.

The cool thing about HID is the color output choices.
also that quality bulbs will last FOREVER (okay, maybe just a really long time)

The height of my buckets are required for clearance of the back of the modules.
The next cool thing to do would be to modify the doors and front edge of the opening.

------------------
"Now you too can see in the dark."
http://projectorretrofit.com/

ManMadeChickens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2011 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ManMadeChickensSend a Private Message to ManMadeChickensEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hairballrm:

Someone correct me if I am wrong,
I know of no DOT legal HID reflector headlight.
Projector fixtures are able to contain the stray light that HID capsules produce.

That's exactly why you get people who have put HID's in Halogen reflector housings, and blind everyone from stray light glare... and why I cannot think of a single OEM car that puts HIDs in without projectors.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2011 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is a pretty cool sleepy eye headlight mod that i first saw on another CFF member's car (Luis) but that can be seen here on Pedro's choptop. It is different than the fierofan kit.

http://www.youtube.com/watc...ture=player_embedded

I will try to get better pics next meeting.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 11-07-2011).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2011 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

This is a pretty cool sleepy eye headlight mod that i first saw on another CFF member's car (Luis) but that can be seen here on Pedro's choptop. It is different than the fierofan kit.

http://www.youtube.com/watc...ture=player_embedded

I will try to get better pics next meeting.

slightly decent picture.

redraif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2011 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for redraifSend a Private Message to redraifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
good for a bump

Originally posted by doublec4:

I always liked the look when people extended the hood over the headlights to give the angry look:

ok anyone know whose car is this so I can do some searching for more pics... I see some merging with what I have going... The cover is so smooth with the hood... Is it shopped? I have converted to stationary lights and need to work on my finishing of them

These are the 300ZX lights on lil devils car:

I see camaro here... Lol

------------------
Rescued & resuscitated 1984 Indy Fiero Pace Car presently reversibly modified...LOL!

[This message has been edited by redraif (edited 11-08-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2011 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by redraif:

ok anyone know whose car is this so I can do some searching for more pics... I see some merging with what I have going... The cover is so smooth with the hood... Is it shopped? I have converted to stationary lights and need to work on my finishing of them

Not photoshop'd, but is an actual Fiero. The owner is in CA. You might want to contact him for I believe he might want to sell the entire car or parts of it.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2011 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 12-07-2011).]

Mark A. Klein

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2011 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mark A. KleinSend a Private Message to Mark A. KleinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Getting a little better. LH is the mild changes. RH the is as Fie Ro has his... I want to get rid of the flip up headlights.

I want to use these lights

[This message has been edited by Mark A. Klein (edited 12-09-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2012 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NSX replicas:

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2012 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

NSX replicas:

Not a good fit, what ever headlights you go with you should use an original factory setup and not a knock off. This way they are tested and proven plus you will always have replacement parts.
PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2012 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm still working on something for the crowd who doesn't want do any cutting or fiberglassing

Similar look to the NSX ones...

[This message has been edited by doublec4 (edited 02-03-2012).]

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2012 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the butterfly doors a few posts back.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2012 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Austrian Import:

I like the butterfly doors a few posts back.

Get the VDI kit.

http://www.youtube.com/watc...re=player_embedded#!
jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2012 06:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Get the VDI kit.

I'm not much for the Lambo doors. It's been done to too many cars, but these vertical doors would look sweet on the Fiero. Love the way they lift up. That's Ideal.

------------------
Car Thread:
86 GT
//www.fiero.nl/forum/F...ML/085541.html

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2012 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jwrape:

I'm not much for the Lambo doors. It's been done to too many cars, but these vertical doors would look sweet on the Fiero. Love the way they lift up. That's Ideal.

More than likely the kit sells for a mint, but you'll get plenty of props if you get them. However, if your on the street getting out while car are passing by or in the garage in a tight space this kit isn't the best one to have. As the video demonstrated there doesn't seem to be a "sweet" spot when opening the doors. If that is the case you'll find yourself holding the door in certain situations when it isn't wise to open up all the way. As with the VDI original kit at least the door space when fully opened is minimal compared to the newer style.
JSzpotek

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2012 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JSzpotekSend a Private Message to JSzpotekEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jwrape:

Get the VDI kit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB7ilWqtINc

------------------

JSzpotek's 3800NA Series III L26 White 87 Fiero GT

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2012 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's been a while since I've posted anything, but here are a the C6 headlamps. Trends perfecting the look I wanted. There was some rough areas that needed attention. I wasn't pleased with the way it looked so I waited until it meets my expectations.

The other shop in town was taking their sweet heart time and I'm not the kind of person who likes people wasting my time. They did get part of the car's hood vent going, but Trends was the people that can complete the task at hand.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-26-2012).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2012 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Three month bump.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2012 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Newest option in town:

Best of all, they're bolt on

Also a shameless plug, but I sell them. PM for details.

------------------

Check out my build and my website!
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html
Embrace Racing

hairballrm

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2012 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hairballrmClick Here to visit hairballrm's HomePageSend a Private Message to hairballrmEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
shameless or not doublec4's lights are awesome

Rick

------------------
"Now you too can see in the dark."
http://projectorretrofit.com/

PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2012 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As are your new CCFL halo options!

Thanks for the compliments Rick!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2012 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

CogFieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2012 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CogFieroGTSend a Private Message to CogFieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by droptopsunfire03:

I fyou guys like the sunfire lights, check out the lights on mine being i have a sunfire. I put some projectors in there From my experience with that making lights like the atack would be simple. i even have agood source for fairly inexpensive high quality units from hella(57 each high or low beam). I am looking at buying a project fiero right now, have one here locally, and i will have plenty of time to work on it, if all works out ill be doin that!! O BTW ehres a pic of my lights if interested, i dont kow how to post pics here as i only know HTML and that doesnt seem o work ut heres the address to a good angle pic. http://memimage.cardomain.c...9/212995_19_full.jpg

i had those on my cavalier with a sunfire front clip swap. also had hids and evil eyes mods

[This message has been edited by CogFieroGT (edited 09-01-2012).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2012 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2012 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New option on the headlights I build Can do a variety of colors!

------------------

Check out my build and my website!
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html
Embrace Racing

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2012 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe this is the third set V8Archie has performed on Fieros.

------------------

"Friends don't let their friends drive stock."

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 12-20-2012).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2012 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

bulldog85043

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2012 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bulldog85043Send a Private Message to bulldog85043Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

Looks like you're flying an aircraft

bulldog85043

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2012 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bulldog85043Send a Private Message to bulldog85043Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bulldog85043

403 posts
Member since Jan 2009
PM sent.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock