Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  What headlights you would pick? (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What headlights you would pick? by madcurl
Started on: 06-30-2004 08:48 PM
Replies: 569 (82542 views)
Last post by: tshark on 12-15-2015 07:16 AM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2004 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Near completion....hmmmmm?

Oh yeah bump! For more ideas.

IP: Logged
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2004 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seen a 2005 black Corvette today. So I guess the cars are on the showroom floor? I'll have to swing by and take a peek and prep for operation, hehehehe.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2004 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$834 for Corvette lights. I measured them at the SEMA show in Las Vegas and I think we a have winner! Maybe Exoticse will post pics?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-03-2004).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2004 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ta da !

How soon before you get them curls ?

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2004 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Ta da !

How soon before you get them curls ?

I took some crude measurements and I think I have enough room? It only takes 2 wks for the light to arrive. However, the car is a Archie's being chop'd. I want to get started on this before January 2005. It shouldn't be that hard comparred to the Celica lights.

Could someone please photoshop this pic onto a Fiero? I have a pic of the Redux front but the wrong side...duh!!!!!

or on this car.

Thanks. madcurl

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-04-2004).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2004 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I stopped by a local Chevy dealership to re-think the Corvette 2005 headlamps. While no one was looking, I pulled out my measuring tape. The lights measure approx. 13" across.
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2004 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mad... Look here at all the different h/l he has... I have been trying to decide on some for mine aswell!!

http://stores.ebay.com/ProCarParts-Com_HEADLIGHTS_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQsclZallQQsotimedisplayZ2QQtZkm

------------------

Custom-Shaved HandBuilt!!
FIRST-EVER-- CHOPTOP--WIDEBODY GT!!
4.9L-V8--5-Speed starting swap soon

Fire451

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2004 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fire451Click Here to visit Fire451's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fire451Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

These are the 300ZX lights on lil devils car:

Does anyone else see 3rd gen camaro here?????

------------------

86 SE 2.9L
Best ET : 14.9 @ 90 MPH

Kento

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2004 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Too bad they won't sell those headlights, beside I think it be less than 24"?

Those look bigger than 24"

------------------
4.9 Caddy in Garage! Car in Driveway! ACK!

http://home.cfl.rr.com/fierose
Central Florida Fieros
http://www.centralfloridafieros.org

Proud Member and founder of the DOWN SOUTH SUNNY WINTER PICK ON SNOW PEOPLE COALITION!

timmer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2004 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timmerSend a Private Message to timmerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well here is an update of mine using 94 camaro headlights
i have had a lot of other things going on so they have been on the back burner but , now i have to have the car ready for the end of jan

------------------
modding one day at a time .critique me dont critisize . try to be objective dont troll

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2005 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These will fit. Hehehehe. I just need some time to install them. Stay tuned!

PFF
System Bot
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2005 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those are sweet CurlMan....
If I may ask how much they were..?? I remember reading that they were in the $800.00++ for those.. Please tell me you did'nt do that..

I just love your "pipe-dreams". That is how I started on 'Smoothy'. My Pipe-Dreams. {miss-it}

Keep up the good work!!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2005 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ouch! That bump hurts. I've examed the Corvette lamps. The center part can be painted. I want to have the part chromed painted to resemble the F430 lamps. There is a shop in L.A. that can perform the task.
Exotic Rida

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
User Banned

Report this Post04-18-2005 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Exotic RidaSend a Private Message to Exotic RidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the f430 is a nice car i saw one all i gotta say is wow.
curly i have a sweet idea for some taillamps, ill tell you the secret im working on.....
ill send you a p.m. nobody has done it but i think once they see it most will !

------------------
3.4 DOHC V6 pushing mid 13's a true mustang eater!!!

Full tubular suspension!
Fully adjustable coilovers front and rear!
Poly everything!
3.4L TWIN DUAL CAM V6 240+H.P.
Heads p/p!
underdrive pulley!
Darth chip!
Accell performance ignition!
Borla exhaust (how sweet)!
Darrell Morse strut tower brace
Now who ever said that a V6 can be fast????????

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2005 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Exotic Rida:

the f430 is a nice car i saw one all i gotta say is wow.
curly i have a sweet idea for some taillamps, ill tell you the secret im working on.....
ill send you a p.m. nobody has done it but i think once they see it most will !

Yes, please do.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2005 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well i was seriously thinking about these,.......

That was until these puppies from Norm showed up !

If he sells them alone and they can be modified to fit the stock body, i am there !

Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2005 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Well i was seriously thinking about these,.......

That was until these puppies from Norm showed up !

If he sells them alone and they can be modified to fit the stock body, i am there !

When did those headlights come out? Who's car is that? Those are pretty cool if they make them.

------------------

1 of 2: Factory Maroon/Gray 87 GT 5 spd: 2.8L (Best 1/4 mile: 15.57@87mph, 2.0 60ft)
2 of 2: Ferrari Red 88 Formula/4T65EHD: 97 GTP Motor (Best 1/4 mile: 13.704@98mph, 1.938 60ft)

My CarDomain Site
My Friend Garrod's CarDomain Site

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2005 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is my baby, Here is the link to the page of a lot of shots of her going through the changes.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/050959-6.html

There is a full build up thread for those who are interested.

Thanks for looking

Robert Ver Halen

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2005 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bUMP because my head hurts...ochie!
Tinton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
User Banned

Report this Post06-20-2005 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TintonSend a Private Message to TintonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SandstormGT:

These are still my favorite out of everything, if someone could make a hood/headlight setup like this, people would flock, it is very intimidating....BTW these are Fold-Down Headlights( ie: the flat grey piece in front of the headlamp pops up and completely covers it as if there is only a hood.

Those are the coolest Fiero headlights I've ever seen. Who makes them/who's car is that? The only thing better than pop-ups are pop-downs, that's some crazy pimpin. I like how my pop-ups come out of no where, but pop-downs would fix the headlights popping up over 100 and them breaking down and not working.

------------------
I am the signature virus, please put me in your signature so I can spread

FieroFiend

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2005 03:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFiendSend a Private Message to FieroFiendEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
man i love norms front end but i think it looks very akward, it just seems like everything is a little larger then it should be
PFF
System Bot
RCR

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2005 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SandstormGT:
These are still my favorite out of everything, if someone could make a hood/headlight setup like this, people would flock, it is very intimidating....BTW these are Fold-Down Headlights( ie: the flat grey piece in front of the headlamp pops up and completely covers it as if there is only a hood.

Those are the coolest Fiero headlights I've ever seen. Who makes them/who's car is that? The only thing better than pop-ups are pop-downs, that's some crazy pimpin. I like how my pop-ups come out of no where, but pop-downs would fix the headlights popping up over 100 and them breaking down and not working.

That front end is one of the modified kits that Ron at Cool Custom Cars sells. It's a modified 355. www.coolcustomcars.com
I'm not a fan of the Sunfire lights, but the other day on Ebay, I saw some eyebrow covers for them. Made a world of difference.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2005 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump. Because---good threads should never die.

Any new headlamp ideas floating in your head?

onfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2005 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for onfireSend a Private Message to onfireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about something from a motorcycle.

onfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2005 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for onfireSend a Private Message to onfireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

onfire

1560 posts
Member since Oct 2000
one more.

------------------

Zero 260

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2005 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Zero 260Send a Private Message to Zero 260Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmmm, could that actually be done? I like this one. What kind/model is it?

Originally posted by onfire:

How about something from a motorcycle.

Do they provide the same light as cars?

onfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2005 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for onfireSend a Private Message to onfireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Zero 260:

Hmmmmm, could that actually be done? I like this one. What kind/model is it?

Do they provide the same light as cars?

Kawasaki zx9r.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2005 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmm. This thread hasen't been whipped around lately.

Any new ideas being "whip'd" up?

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2005 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Hmm. This thread hasen't been whipped around lately.

Any new ideas being "whip'd" up?

Whip it baby!

sluppy123

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2005 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This was my solution to replace the ugly square lights. The housings are 90mm Hella projectors mounted on custom made buckets, they pop-up 2" lower than the stock square lights. They are DOT approved housings and bulbs.

------------------

Silver 87' GT- Turbo Charged/intercooled 2.8 V-6
Maroon 87' GT- 355 TPI V8, 5-speed
Maroon 88' Coupe- 3800sc, 4spd auto

865spd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2005 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 865spdClick Here to visit 865spd's HomePageSend a Private Message to 865spdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those are exactly what i was thinking, only i would like to have the angel eye headlights in place of the stock square ones
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2005 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice.
FXRseen

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2005 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FXRseenSend a Private Message to FXRseenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sluppy123 could you go into more detail of how you made the headlights? Thats exactly what I want. I've been trying to figure out how to do that for some time. I really want HID lights.
smoothwhitese

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2005 03:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for smoothwhiteseSend a Private Message to smoothwhiteseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
earlier there was a commnet about rsx tail lights i just want ed to chime in and say im doing rsx altezzas on the back of my notchie ill post pics and do a build up thread when i start
ShaddowGt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2005 04:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShaddowGtSend a Private Message to ShaddowGtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nice sluppy, i like that. what rims, mille miglia right? what model? might haveto get some of those for the formula

ive got a secret headlight design that im working on, no pics, in the r and d stages now (thinking if it'l work), actually, i have 2 ideas, dont know which ones better, but im going to work on it, get more info to u guys soon as i can work it all out.

got any updates on some of ur guys's mods? curly? timmer? anyone?

tirefryingfun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2005 04:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tirefryingfunSend a Private Message to tirefryingfunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by miztic:

Surprised nobody suggested mitsu 3000GT headlights, I can't be the only one who's thought about putting those on my Fiero ..

pic found on google:
This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.

My thoughts exactly, a 3000gt would be perfect. Since I own a '98 3000gt I look at them and dream about it every day.

Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2005 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sluppy123:

This was my solution to replace the ugly square lights. The housings are 90mm Hella projectors mounted on custom made buckets, they pop-up 2" lower than the stock square lights. They are DOT approved housings and bulbs.

Very sweet!

------------------

1 of 2: Factory Maroon/Gray 87 GT 5 spd: 2.8L (Best 1/4 mile: 15.57@87mph, 2.0 60ft)
2 of 2: Ferrari Red 88 Formula/4T65EHD: 97 GTP Motor (Best 1/4 mile: 13.704@98mph, 1.938 60ft)

My CarDomain Site
My Friend Garrod's CarDomain Site

sluppy123

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2005 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is where I got the housings- http://www.rallylights.com/hella/90mm_modules.asp They have them is both halogen and HID. I will take some pictures of the buckets and post them. The buckets were fairly easy to make once I had all the measurements, the hardet part was designing and placing the parts that lift the doors open.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2005 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OPERATION: Tweekness.

I'm Sending the 2005 Corvette headlamps, front side markers, and Firebird hood vents on Norms' front flipper. Tweekness is my weakness", hehe.

Norm should get a flip--- out of this!

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-16-2005).]

ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2005 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cool, don't know how I missed this thread...
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock