Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  What headlights you would pick? (Page 12)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What headlights you would pick? by madcurl
Started on: 06-30-2004 08:48 PM
Replies: 569 (82542 views)
Last post by: tshark on 12-15-2015 07:16 AM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2009 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TroyBoy's NSX headlamps; bump

IP: Logged
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2009 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Octoberfest bump;

Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2009 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Slim-pop HALO's like so:

Only without the fog lights
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2009 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rallaster:

sorry to bump an old thread. does anyone sell a kit for headlights like this? or any complete kit, be it pop-ups or flushmount? i found one site, but it doesnt seem to be a very active site atm. i just want to get rid of my ugly stock pop-ups (i like pop-ups, but, the stocks are far too big for my taste)
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2009 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WIP: Dual 60mm Hella's per side.

Bob

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 11-29-2009).]

hairballrm

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2009 06:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hairballrmClick Here to visit hairballrm's HomePageSend a Private Message to hairballrmEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You're looking at a Fiero1Fan low profile headlamp bucket
go to thread:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/049551.html
you"ll have to buy Hella 90mm modules.
The angel eye is new and very cool

R the newbie
Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2009 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SandstormGT:

I think these are very cool...

If someone made these, people would come!

Does anyone have details on that hood / headlight setup?

[This message has been edited by Hockaday (edited 12-29-2009).]

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2009 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
has anyone tried the C5R Corvette headlights in a Fiero yet? the non pop up ones!
if so I would love to see pic's
D.

Like these!

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 12-29-2009).]

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2009 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hockaday:

Does anyone have details on that hood / headlight setup?

I tried to contact Ron (cool custom concepts or fancycar.com) before I started my conversion. Never did hear back from him. The hood is for a modified 355 body kit they used to sell (they may still sell them).

Bob
wolf63

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2009 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wolf63Send a Private Message to wolf63Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FierociousGT:

I wonder if these LSL Mig-Lights headlight would work?

any thoughts on these? they're bike lights, would they be legal on a Fiero? i have a vision for yet another headlight design but i need particularly small lights unless i can get a single "small-ish" light with high and low beams in one unit.
Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2009 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

WIP: Dual 60mm Hella's per side.

Bob

That is very nice, not a fan of the fascia ( it looks like it is smiling to me... ) would love fo any moe info on that as well...sorry for my many questions I'm new to fieros; just got out of the 80s 300zx scene.
PFF
System Bot
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2009 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That is very nice, not a fan of the fascia ( it looks like it is smiling to me... ) would love fo any moe info on that as well...sorry for my many questions I'm new to fieros; just got out of the 80s 300zx scene.

That would be this thread: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/076365.html
Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2009 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thank you very much K
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2010 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Celica headlamps:
svpbeast

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 03:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for svpbeastSend a Private Message to svpbeastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They prob won't work, but do you guys think the solstice headlights could work??
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 03:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by svpbeast:

They prob won't work, but do you guys think the solstice headlights could work??

Anything can work. all depends on how deep your pockets go.
Philero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 03:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhileroSend a Private Message to PhileroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Celica headlamps:

MMMMMMMMMMM!!!! Butterfly doors!!!!!! Has anyone tried this to a Fiero yet, 'cause if they have (and succeeded of course!), I would LOVE to do this to my project car.

------------------
Phil
Always trying to create something new!
'88 SE
'86 GT
'87 GT Extreme body mod and 2.8L Turbo Propane powered (in the garage and getting closer to being completed)

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 07:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by domesticgal:

that car looks like its about to sneeze..

Ok, so its a really old post, but I just read it, and was literally Laughing my a$$ off! Hahahh!
Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw a Mazda 6 today and thought the headlights might be cool in a Fiero:

Ayrow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AyrowClick Here to visit Ayrow's HomePageSend a Private Message to AyrowEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rallaster:

Slim-pop HALO's like so:

Only without the fog lights

Damn, that's a sexy car. ;-)

Seriously, I agree - I removed the fog lights and put slim LEDs under there. Looks a ton better.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Philero:

MMMMMMMMMMM!!!! Butterfly doors!!!!!! Has anyone tried this to a Fiero yet, 'cause if they have (and succeeded of course!), I would LOVE to do this to my project car.

From what i have read that is a fiero with extensive custom work done on it.

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-24-2010).]

Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
my future ones =)

Curly that pics looks like an rc car ;x
aeffertz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by svpbeast:

It's actually been done. From serfius' thread, mad contender...

[This message has been edited by aeffertz (edited 05-24-2010).]

unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 02:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
forget the headlights... were did the fog lights come from?

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

NSX
HausFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HausFieroSend a Private Message to HausFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone ever thought of using Saturn SL headlights?

Vendetta

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like these headlights. I don't know why... :-)

HausFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2010 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HausFieroSend a Private Message to HausFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for a great thread with great ideas
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2010 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by aeffertz:

It's actually been done. From serfius' thread, mad contender...

http://img32.imageshack.us/.../2899/dec2009068.jpg

WHOA! That's freaking HOT!

How did I miss that build thread?
HausFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2010 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HausFieroSend a Private Message to HausFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

my future ones =)

Curly that pics looks like an rc car ;x

Any updates?
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2010 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Driving lamps:

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-10-2010).]

GBglide

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2010 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GBglideClick Here to visit GBglide's HomePageSend a Private Message to GBglideEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone know what cars have lights that flip instead of pop up?
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2010 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am currently workin on it I have the hinges figured out so far and have the gas struts figured out but I am still workin on the latch and how I will transition it to the front of the door, if u look at all the 350 z's and this car in this thread they use a pretty weak system and gut their doors for weight reduction plus if you look at them in detail the hinge is the only thing holding the front of door in while its down and latches via the original striker I plan on using a system more like the tailgate latch system of a pickup truck to hold the front of the door into position, after the chop is done on my car I will then be starting working this out more also if you are going to try it I have also figired out the front of the door will have to be cut out 2 inches wide and then filled in with a 2 inch wide piece of flat stock 3/8 or 1/4 thick welded in to stiffen it up and to give the gas strut a solid place to push off on also the triangle piece in front of the window glass will be made of flat stock and have the hinge built into it, this will swing the door out up and away putting the hinge their. When I get around to doing it I will do a build thread.
Archie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SandstormGT:

I think these are very cool...

If someone made these, people would come!

I really like this look, does anyone have any information on what headlights were used or anything?

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 07-23-2010).]

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post07-23-2010 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

As pontiackid suggested, that is indeed a Fiero. It's a one-off built entirely for show though, afaik, and is located in Canada.
There's not really much info on it around.

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post07-23-2010 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dobey

11572 posts
Member since Sep 2001

Originally posted by Archie:
I really like this look, does anyone have any information on what headlights were used or anything?

I remember seeing that pic in a thread on here a few years ago. Probably in archives, but I have no idea what it was called.

EDIT: Quick search in the forum and I found another thread, with a link to this: http://www.coolcustomcars.com/concept.html

[This message has been edited by dobey (edited 07-23-2010).]

Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes I do Archie. he told me he grabbed them off a grandprix or grand am. i'll send you the emails
F355spider

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the Fiero Pop ups or any that are hidden. If they pop up or down as long as they are not seen big headlights just are not good looking at all on a car to me. They are nice on females.
project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GBglide:
Does anyone know what cars have lights that flip instead of pop up?

Unlike those of stock 3rd-generation Corvettes (1968-1982) and all stock Fieros, which "pop up," I'd describe those of 4th-generation Corvettes (1984-1996), as headlights which "flip up" rather than pop up.

I imagine there are others, but those 4th-generation Corvette headlamps just happened to be the first to pop up flip up into my head.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock