Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  What headlights you would pick? (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What headlights you would pick? by madcurl
Started on: 06-30-2004 08:48 PM
Replies: 569 (82576 views)
Last post by: tshark on 12-15-2015 07:16 AM
fiero88v8

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2005 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero88v8Send a Private Message to fiero88v8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the orgional lights. If I were to change them, Id go with the dual round lights.
IP: Logged
fiero88v8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2005 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero88v8Send a Private Message to fiero88v8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fiero88v8

59 posts
Member since Mar 2005
I like the fiero with suttle mods. Like the pontiac emblems shaved, or the front bumper cover opened a little wider ,antenna changer to a power antenna and mounted at the rear. I see alot of cars with too many mods and it goes from cool looking to tacky looking.....IMO
Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2005 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These are the lights I want and cannot find anywhere.
FieroGT42

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2005 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT42Send a Private Message to FieroGT42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero1Fan:

These are the lights I want and cannot find anywhere.

Low-pro has been done, don't know about ovals though. The closest thing I've seen would be very bright fog lights or "driving" lights. Probably wouldn't be DOT-approved and probably wouldn't work worth a crap. Like these

Try searching motorcycle headlights to find a *true* headlight that's oval like that

[This message has been edited by FieroGT42 (edited 11-17-2005).]

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2005 03:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This pic comes out of the forum gallery. I would like to find out who owns this car.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2005 06:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump.
UCFieroCharger

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2005 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UCFieroChargerSend a Private Message to UCFieroChargerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about these? I designed them, they fold up and down, but they are triangular and hinge on an angle

Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2005 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by UCFieroCharger:

How about these? I designed them, they fold up and down, but they are triangular and hinge on an angle

Now thats cool lookin!

UCFieroCharger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2005 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UCFieroChargerSend a Private Message to UCFieroChargerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I havent had time to put them on mine, but ive done the desing work, im going into Industrial Deisgn for my major so i can desing cars. over the summer im planning on putting those on my car. if i can get money.
domesticgal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2005 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for domesticgalSend a Private Message to domesticgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

I always liked the look when people extended the hood over the headlights to give the angry look:

that car looks like its about to sneeze..

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2005 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

man if you really do that, id be frightened just being in front of you!!

PFF
System Bot
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2005 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the clean lines of this fiero

But I couldnt resist to try a 'kind of flipping these lights' variation photoshop...

Helo-mech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2005 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Helo-mechClick Here to visit Helo-mech's HomePageSend a Private Message to Helo-mechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by onfire:

I really like these.

Wow! I actually was formulating the same idea in my head, they look Great and scream Pontiac.

------------------

My house is almost done, and my 85 GT wants more power! Soon to be - 3800SC!

Check out my Fiero project page!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2005 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Norm received the new Corvette headlamps for the front flipper. This will look nice with the new chop'd rear hatch-clip.

FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2005 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think its got some serious potential,

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2005 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroWannaBe:

I think its got some serious potential,

Thanks for the photoshop.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2005 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

May the potential be fulfilled !

FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2005 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Picture has been modified for the sake of accurate representation, and it looks better too.

what car will be recieving this awesome new front, Im having trouble keeping them all straight?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2005 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Picture has been modified for the sake of accurate representation, and it looks better too.
what car will be recieving this awesome new front, Im having trouble keeping them all straight?

Thank you again, hehe. Archie's talented crew is at work making Mad-plans on the rear hatch clip. This should be a "killer" look!

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2005 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Interesting, now where have I seen this before, ( just kidding madcurl)
Would it be easier if we just traded? Looks nice, keep up the good work!

------------------
Thank you,

IZA TOY's build thread here www.cyclecreationsws.com

FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2005 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is a very rough concept of what madcurl should be getting done, I will make and post a much better one tomorrow.
PFF
System Bot
riley

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2005 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rileySend a Private Message to rileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is a very rough concept of what madcurl should be getting done, I will make and post a much better one tomorrow.

vents from a camaro or firebird? not bad, i thought about trying something like that on a stock hood but didnt think the lines worked right. but they look good there.

riley

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2005 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rileySend a Private Message to rileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

riley

965 posts
Member since Feb 2004
i know decisions are made and such but since people are photoshopping headlights and such. how bout new hmmm. should i say it. it's kinda ricey. okay honda civic.
UCFieroCharger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2005 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for UCFieroChargerSend a Private Message to UCFieroChargerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what generation?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2005 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by riley:

i know decisions are made and such but since people are photoshopping headlights and such. how bout new hmmm. should i say it. it's kinda ricey. okay honda civic.

I think when you see what all he has in mind you will change your mind completely.

Just wait,...trust me you will like !

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2005 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

what generation?

Vents are here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-FIREBIR D-5-SPEED-T-TOPS-V6-YELLOW-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ4596603651QQcategoryZ6420QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I've had them since 2000 and where my first choice for #11 but, I never got around to using them until Norm's Front Flipper (NFF) come along. I have some old pics of me testing the fitment. Why now? The NFF doesn't have hood lines allowing for the Firebird vent to go outward. Plus, the Corvette headlamps upper part flows outward like an eyebrows.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 12-13-2005).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2005 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by riley:

vents from a camaro or firebird? not bad, i thought about trying something like that on a stock hood but didnt think the lines worked right. but they look good there.

The nice thing about them is: The vents have multi-usage. The inner vent were used on the redux and on #15. I originally used them on #11 but, I made the vent a little too small. Oh well, I'm still learning, hehe.

Here are the (inserts) using the Firebird vents

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 12-13-2005).]

FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2005 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Edited once more for the more accuracy. From what I took from descriptions it should look close. I am having extreme difficulty matching the colors so it looks real fake, and the angle isnt complimenting the lights and vents very much.

edit: misread a previous post

[This message has been edited by FieroWannaBe (edited 12-13-2005).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2005 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Edited once more for the more accuracy. From what I took from descriptions it should look close. I am having extreme difficulty matching the colors so it looks real fake, and the angle isnt complimenting the lights and vents very much.

edit: misread a previous post

It look's perfect to me. Thanks.

Any Thoughts?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 12-14-2005).]

88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2005 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nice, i can't wait to graduate from college so i can represent the bay too madcurl hehe
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2005 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A bump for Norm. He's currently working on Corvette front flipper headlamps. Pics maybe next week. Stay tuned!

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 12-15-2005).]

PFF
System Bot
88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2005 03:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

A bump for Norm. He's currently working on Corvette front flipper headlamps. Pics maybe next week. Stay tuned!

Are those direct replacements for the stock lights?

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2005 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Updates from FieroWannabe photoshop guru. FieroWannabe is currently working on tweeking the mods. Here are few styles so far: You likie?

(photoshoped by FieroWannaBe)

IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2005 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Modify your photoshop to use the turn/driving lights from the 1999/2002 Trans Am and I think it will look better. The huge round bug eye driving lights don't do the lines justice. Just my thought.

Forgot the bug eyes are still there...and I even have a Trans Am.... But the corner signal/daylight driving lights are still cool....LOL

[This message has been edited by IwannaIRM (edited 12-16-2005).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2005 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IwannaIRM:

Modify your photoshop to use the turn/driving lights from the 1999/2002 Trans Am and I think it will look better. The huge round bug eye driving lights don't do the lines justice. Just my thought.

Forgot the bug eyes are still there...and I even have a Trans Am.... But the corner signal/daylight driving lights are still cool....LOL

No need. The front turn signals are located inside the Corvette headlamp.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2005 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One of my earlier crude drawings using recessed fog lamps, hehe.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2005 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just got off the phone with Norm. One side is finished! He'll send send me a "real" pic next week. Boy-o-boy that's gonna freak-out that Corvette parts guy in Morgan Hill Chev.
fierohoho

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2005 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm suprised no one has brought up this old link about parabolic headlights.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20050410-1-024811.html

IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2005 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

One of my earlier crude drawings using recessed fog lamps, hehe.

Have to admit....it looks good. Can't wait to see the pics from Norm.

FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2005 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My latest edit, It took me a while, I had to search parking lots for cars that had round fog lights similar to madcurls drawing. A 2000 Bonneville SSEi did.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock