Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  What headlights you would pick? (Page 13)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What headlights you would pick? by madcurl
Started on: 06-30-2004 08:48 PM
Replies: 569 (82538 views)
Last post by: tshark on 12-15-2015 07:16 AM
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post07-23-2010 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by project34:
I imagine there are others, but those 4th-generation Corvette headlamps just happened to be the first to pop up flip up into my head.

There were the 1st gen Camaros, and I think the 70-era Charger, which had doors that flipped open to let the headlights be visible.
IP: Logged
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Personally I like the stock design with just a better bulb system, I run the Diamond Cut reverse lite H4 conversion in my 88GT and love it. However here is another members choice in systems. The buckets only move up slightly over 1/2 way and he has the option of running 2 or 4 bulbs plus the lower lights are a triple system with 3 bulbs in each. (Turn Signal, Driving Light and Fog Light)

Other pics of the same car, (which has a 4.9 Turbo in it.)

http://westcoastfieros.com/...ts.asp?TID=1949&PN=1

------------------
85GT Soon to be 87GT,93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

[This message has been edited by Capt Fiero (edited 07-23-2010).]

Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
omg that nose is beautiful mate!
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I say phooey to headlight conversions to get away from popups. Anything that can be used to maim stray pedestrians who dare cross my path has gotta be a good thing!

Although really, I'm just a big fan of the sleek stealthy appearance popups give... and the cheerful frog appearance the Fiero has with the headlights on. If I was to do any headlight conversion, it'd be F1F buckets tops.

------------------

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2010 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Carcenomy: If I was to do any headlight conversion, it'd be F1F buckets tops.

I can agree with that. Although, I may be a little biased... LOL.

Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2010 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
if Capt fiero or black tree ever want to sell your noses...PM me =)

------------------
Cliff's 610th Positive Feedback Giver.
#12 NYFOC Member
In recent times, the custom aftermarket car/automobile roadwheel has become a status symbol. These wheels are often incorrectly referred to as "rims". The term "rim" is incorrect because the rim is only the outer portion of a wheel (where the tire is mounted

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-24-2010 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hockaday:
if Capt fiero or black tree ever want to sell your noses...PM me =)

I don't think that's Capt's car. I believe it's Clynt's car.
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2010 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep that is Clynt's car. The nose is not done by a long shot, he is not even sure exactly what he wants the finished product to look like.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2010 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sharkman's driving lamps

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2010 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
V8Archie's 300Gt headlamps

(isn't finished yet).

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2010 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PFF
System Bot
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2010 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jeez, Aus & Fie Ro....THAT'S really nice!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2010 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NSX

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2010 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

If you had a choice for headlights for your Fiero (s) which one would you pick? I'll start with some examples:

1. Stock or slightly modified?
2. NSX?
3. Celica,
4. Sunfire?
5. Corvette 2005
6. 3000GT

Time to up date the list.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2010 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

3000GT headlights & using a customized fiberglass front bumper.

Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2010 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie the car is looking impressive!!!

------------------
1985 Fiero GT 4speed 1986 Fiero GT
1994 BMW 530 V8 2005 Cobalt with a twist

FieroNews~Boots~Bag's~Walle ts~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~Download the Fieronews Catalog HERE~

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-07-2010 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

3000GT headlights & using a customized fiberglass front bumper.

What marker lights are on that car? Looks like the same style on the Mini Cooper.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2010 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

What marker lights are on that car? Looks like the same style on the Mini Cooper.

Originally posted by Archie:

Yes, we used them on another car before Chuck's.

They are from the Mini Cooper.

Archie

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2010 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PIAA

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2010 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My old time favorite shown on a Corvette.

DISCLAIMER: NO CELICA BADGING WHERE SEEN ON THE CORVETTE.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2010 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curly,

That is pretty sweet !

Definatly celica, but also definatly tweeked !
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2010 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Curly,

That is pretty sweet !

Definatly celica, but also definatly tweeked !

Yeah, the crazy part is-they look better than stock. I'm still looking for the video on this car. I know you mentioned it was featured on Chop, Cut, Rebuild, but I can't find it. I like to know if the small individual lights are driving lights? They do look 100% better than stock Celica headlamps.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-16-2010).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2010 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, the crazy part is-they look better than stock. I'm still looking for the video on this car. I know you mentioned it was featured on Chop, Cut, Rebuild, but I can't find it. I like to know if the small individual lights are driving lights? They do look 100% better than stock Celica headlamps.

I am thinking they are purposely running it a season behind because the cars were to debut this year at SEMA. They keep promising more of the vettes each week, but so far have showed only small snippets. A bit frustrating.
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2010 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NotAFieroAnyLonger:

I just love your "pipe-dreams". That is how I started on 'Smoothy'. My Pipe-Dreams. {miss-it}

UPDATE: sssshh.... pipe dreams underway............ NOTCHBACK..???

------------------
Steve
aka. SmoothGT
NotAFieroAnyLonger
CURRENT BUILD:
" SmoothGT-'w8nc' "
1987 Fiero V8/hybrid
1995 Lexus SC-400

JSzpotek

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2010 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JSzpotekSend a Private Message to JSzpotekEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys not sure if you guys are aware of CinCity Designs, but these guys make custom lights; they have a huge selection to choose from! I'm planning on fitting the celica lights on my 87 fb.

Headlights I plan on getting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xaa4-5p5rqM

------------------

Nebiros88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2010 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JSzpotek:

Hey guys not sure if you guys are aware of CinCity Designs, but these guys make custom lights; they have a huge selection to choose from! I'm planning on fitting the celica lights on my 87 fb.

Headlights I plan on getting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xaa4-5p5rqM

I would advise staying away from anything to do with CinCity... they are well known by the 350Z community for scamming and taking peoples money with shitty to no product returned.

ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2010 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sharkman's driving lamps

NIce... errrr... headlights!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2011 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2011 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Audi are not mounted, but you get the idea where I'm headed.

If you can imagine for a moment-the aluminum piece will be chromed thus blending the two parts and adding a bit of non-kit-car flow.

The desired goal is simple: USE YOUR BRAIN, IMAGINATION, & TWEAK IT BEFORE YOU BOLT IT.

sporlan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2011 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sporlanSend a Private Message to sporlanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

I can agree with that. Although, I may be a little biased... LOL.

Who's headlight system is that? This is what I want to install.
Thanks.
hairballrm

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hairballrmClick Here to visit hairballrm's HomePageSend a Private Message to hairballrmEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is the Fiero1Fan 90mm Quad Hella set-up on Blacktree's car
check this thread
Top quality stuff

I make something different

------------------
"Now you too can see in the dark."
http://projectorretrofit.com/

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2011 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
S10

xenon
timgray

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2011 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dual 90mm hellas. They really outperform everything else and really make the car more agressive looking.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2011 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by timgray:

Dual 90mm hellas. They really outperform everything else and really make the car more agressive looking.

True, the lights do look aggressive, but the lamps suffer the same faith as Vertical doors. Their are only viewed in the up position (dusk or dawn). In the down position nobody knows you have them.
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2011 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really like the small S-10 rectangulars. It has a better than factory, "factory look" with the reduced opening height. Anyone else done this one?
hairballrm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2011 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hairballrmClick Here to visit hairballrm's HomePageSend a Private Message to hairballrmEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is all a matter of personal taste.
You have to ask yourself why you are modifying your lights.
Performance or styling?
Hidden headlights are a cornerstone of the stock Fiero look.
Flush mounted headlights are a modern thing.
If you are ready to cut on your car and install them,
You have tons more performance lighting options.

me, I like pop-ups

What makes the Hella 90mm low beam so superior to stock is it's projector optics.
I am using 60mm Hella modules.
The lens is actually larger than the 90mm.
The fundamental limitation of pop-ups is that are very few projectors that will fit.

------------------

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2011 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hairballrm:

me, I like pop-ups

What makes the Hella 90mm low beam so superior to stock is it's projector optics.
I am using 60mm Hella modules.
The lens is actually larger than the 90mm.
The fundamental limitation of pop-ups is that are very few projectors that will fit.

Nice. Are they DOT legal?
hairballrm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 06:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hairballrmClick Here to visit hairballrm's HomePageSend a Private Message to hairballrmEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, the 60mm Hella projector modules are DOT 107 legal and are clearly marked.
You can see the lettering on the plastic in the above photo.

One cool thing about this fixture is that you can legally run a new type of bulb,
the Halogen Infrared (HIR).

------------------

hairballrm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2011 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hairballrmClick Here to visit hairballrm's HomePageSend a Private Message to hairballrmEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh c***! I meant o say DOT 108
Bump for grind

------------------

RenegadeShadow

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-28-2011 03:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RenegadeShadowSend a Private Message to RenegadeShadowEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SandstormGT:

These are still my favorite out of everything, if someone could make a hood/headlight setup like this, people would flock, it is very intimidating....BTW these are Fold-Down Headlights( ie: the flat grey piece in front of the headlamp pops up and completely covers it as if there is only a hood.

i have sex with this picture
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock