Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  What headlights you would pick? (Page 9)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What headlights you would pick? by madcurl
Started on: 06-30-2004 08:48 PM
Replies: 569 (82542 views)
Last post by: tshark on 12-15-2015 07:16 AM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2007 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Curly can u give a pricebreakdown on the various headlights ?
(just hardware, not installation)

Vette
Celica
NSX

I think the celica's give you the best bang for your buck.

New:
Celica: $420 (for two)
C6: $780-ish (per side)
NSX: $1k and some change (per side)
Lamborghini G $5k (both)

Used:

Celica: $60-100 (per side) Ebay prices vary and junk yard searches maybe less than $30 per side?
C6: $300-400 per side( check Corvette sites). More production thus greater chance of wrecks.
NSX: Non-available at junk yards or Ebay (so far and maybe never?) The car is out of production so most will be swoop-up at junk yards. If you find one side...good luck.
IP: Logged
Sleepy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2007 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SleepySend a Private Message to SleepyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
00-04 Mitsubishi Eclipse headlights seem like a good match for the Fiero's lines to me.
FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2007 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sleepy:
00-04 Mitsubishi Eclipse headlights seem like a good match for the Fiero's lines to me.

Due to the size of those headlight it would over power the look of the car and look like Mitsu.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2007 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Due to Troboy NSX headlamp adventures, all of the major 3 listed on the first page have been performed. All-n-all I like all three headlamps. As for the Mit headlamps 98-99 I think it wouldn't flow with the stock front end unless major rework performed but in that case, you'd might as well sport the Finalie's front end, right? The Mit 2000-04 has too much of a drop-off and wouldn't work on a Fiero IMO. We'll need to hold-off until more production cars come out with nice headlamps and then raid the junk yards, hehe.
larini74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2007 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just received a set of these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...0099924615&rd=1&rd=1

I haven't had a chance to do anything with them yet, but from the little time that I've had to look at them,
they should go right in with some minor adjustments and tweaking....

http://www.fierocountry.us
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2007 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by larini74:

I just received a set of these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...0099924615&rd=1&rd=1

I haven't had a chance to do anything with them yet, but from the little time that I've had to look at them,
they should go right in with some minor adjustments and tweaking....

Are you using a cover lens like FierouseGt is using? Otherwise, the headlamps by themselves may appear like those "Gator headlamps"?
larini74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2007 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The way I want to install them is as far back towards the rear of the stock opening so they don't stick up so far,
then I have an idea of what I want, but I will have to do a drawing/sketch to show what I mean to do.
I will be taking pics of the install process and will post them here. As this is my first actual fabricating project,
it will be interesting to see how it turns out....
here's the pic :

[This message has been edited by larini74 (edited 03-21-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2007 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by larini74:

The way I want to install them is as far back towards the rear of the stock opening so they don't stick up so far,
then I have an idea of what I want, but I will have to do a drawing/sketch to show what I mean to do.
I will be taking pics of the install process and will post them here. As this is my first actual fabricating project,
it will be interesting to see how it turns out....

Oh, I get it...you want something like what is seen on older Integra cars. A funneling look but in the bucket headlamp area. That may work.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2007 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking of replacing my flushmount Camaro lights with BMW (hella) headlamps. You can get them used on eBay for around $150 a set, or buy them new from www.bmw-parts-direct.com for about $120 each (minus bulbs).

Not to be rude, but the "bling factor" of some other headlamps is just too much for me.

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 03-21-2007).]

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2007 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think you would have a problem due to the size of the bimmer HL and the Fiero nose not having enough of a dip...
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2007 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nothing that the judicious application of fiberglass couldn't fix.
PFF
System Bot
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2007 04:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ture BlackTree. I've seen your Kung-Fu with fiberglass, your pretty good. You will need to cut down more into the bumper. I'm assuming your goal will be something like this?

Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2007 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*ding-ding-ding-ding*

We have a winner!

Good call. As far as I can tell, the headlight buckets would need to be separate from the hood. So the hood would have the corners notched out just like that Ferrari.

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 03-22-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2007 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Perhaps one of the best headlamps for a Fiero.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2007 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump for FieroiousGT: how did the blackout lens look?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2007 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll need to modify the list, hehe

Originally posted by madcurl:

If you had a choice for headlights for your Fiero (s) which one would you pick? I'll start with some examples:

1. Stock or slightly modified?
2. NSX?
3. Celica,
4. Sunfire?
5. Corvette 2005
6. other(s) Pipe dreams? (insert 350Z headlamps here)

Blah, blah, blah, I know I covered this subject before with the Celica headlamps, but thats old news now since we know it can be done. And thanks to all who helped photo-shop'd it and gave comments regarding it (positve or negitive).

A new contender to the ranks. 350Z headlamps

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-28-2007).]

unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2007 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking of doing something similar to these. I've bought a second set of stock 88 buckets + mounts to cut up for modifications. found them on ebay $50 bucks. They are used but "very clean". No rust. I was surprised! I just don't know about the round little lights. I do like them, but.

Has anyone seen a lense thats the size say, a head unit radio, with a bulb for reg. and brights? With the bucket?

I would even try to fiberglass.

unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2007 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

unboundmo

2242 posts
Member since Sep 2006
That Ferrari looks ssswwweeeettt !!!!
XzotikGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2007 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XzotikGTClick Here to visit XzotikGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to XzotikGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
got my headlights mounted finally. Posted new pictures of them in my CARDOMAIN in my Sig

------------------
1987 GT 3.4 DOHC turboed
Updated page 05/27/07
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/167457/1

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2007 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NSX headlamps: All eyes on Troyboys.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2007 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those Lambo baby G's headlamps sure look purdy, hehe. Too bad they're nearly 2k a piece.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...=cross_promot_widget
PFF
System Bot
Fieroking

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2007 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierokingClick Here to visit Fieroking's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierokingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For those of you looking to use the RX 7 headlights here is the link to how I installed mine

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/071047.html

Joe Sokol

------------------
85 SE Daily driver
88 Formula/GT 4.9 Allante Intake (My Baby)

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2007 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'll need to modify the list, hehe
A new contender to the ranks. 350Z headlamps

Hey Tony, any continued pics of the 350Z headlamps?

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2007 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Tony, any continued pics of the 350Z headlamps?

?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2007 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Monthly ... for #025.
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2007 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anybody thought about mounting the twin round head light buckets to make a flush mount set?

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2007 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

85SEnochie

2081 posts
Member since Oct 2007
For though that are visual like me. hehe

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2007 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fresh ideas fron the NSX world. There is a good chance these would work due to the hood angle.

1.- ABS Dynamics
2.- Backyard Special
3.- GJ?
4.- Honda Factory Lemans NSX GT2
5.- Margahills
6.- Mugen
7.- Revolution v1
8.- Revolution v2
9.- Taitec
10.- Veilside
11.- GT-One
12.- NSX OEM Same ones ToryBoy is using.

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 11-19-2007).]

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2007 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know if you can get your hands on them yet, but Tesla Roadster headlights look fantastic. The lines would work well with a Fiero as well.
Shoot the company an email, you never know..

Personally I like flip up headlights (low profile even more). Mostly because it's a dying breed. most cars don't have them anymore. European legislation didn't help.

Maybe do something cool making headlights flip up differently. Or of you want flush, something similar to Jaguar XJ-220 headlights.
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2007 04:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Austrian Import:

I don't know if you can get your hands on them yet, but Tesla Roadster headlights look fantastic. The lines would work well with a Fiero as well.
Shoot the company an email, you never know..

Personally I like flip up headlights (low profile even more). Mostly because it's a dying breed. most cars don't have them anymore. European legislation didn't help.

Maybe do something cool making headlights flip up differently. Or of you want flush, something similar to Jaguar XJ-220 headlights.

Those Tesla Roadster HL might not work due to the curvature of the hood. What does the European legislation have to do with the American cars not having popup?! Look at the headlight technology over the years... lights have gotten smaller and brighter.

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 11-20-2007).]

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2007 03:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FierociousGT:

Those Tesla Roadster HL might not work due to the curvature of the hood. What does the European legislation have to do with the American cars not having popup?! Look at the headlight technology over the years... lights have gotten smaller and brighter.

Most cars these days are sold in a global marketplace. It's cheaper that way. One can buy a Corvette in Europe as well.
Yes, they have, and once LED headlights hit the mass market they will even have really cool shapes.
PFF
System Bot
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2007 05:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't agree since the US home market is the big one for Detroit.
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2007 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So how’s the weather hehe..... sure do enjoy all the head light ideas. Do we have any other head light ideas?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2007 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2007 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just thought of another headlight: Recent Mazda Rx-8. They look really good, and could probably be made to flow with the body lines well.

Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2007 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Austrian Import:

I just thought of another headlight: Recent Mazda Rx-8. They look really good, and could probably be made to flow with the body lines well.

I thought of those as well; slender profile. My best choice would be the 300zx lights. Affordable & fit's in very well with the stock body lines. Looks factory.

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2007 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LT-5Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2007 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT-5FieroSend a Private Message to LT-5FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about some Aston Martin headlights?

http://www.supercars.net/Pi...tonMartin_DB7GT2.jpg

Or off the Ford GT? The Murtaya kit car has an interesting set:

http://www.supercars.net/Pi...orsport_Murtaya1.jpg
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2008 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you had a choice for headlights for your Fiero (s) which one would you pick? I'll start with some examples:

1. Stock or slightly modified?
2. NSX?
3. Celica,
4. Sunfire?
5. Corvette 2005
6. other(s) Pipe dreams?

Blah, blah, blah, I know I covered this subject before with the Celica headlamps, but thats old news now since we know it can be done. And thanks to all who helped photo-shop'd it and gave comments regarding it (positve or negitive).

The new contenders: #024 and #025

Now that's the ticket!

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 01-15-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2008 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Saga continues:

#025 NSX replica:

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock