Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  MY NEW Headlight Mod What do you think (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
MY NEW Headlight Mod What do you think by Fieroking
Started on: 02-24-2006 12:13 AM
Replies: 194 (39473 views)
Last post by: Nzorn2009 on 08-01-2023 11:52 AM
Fieroking

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2006 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierokingClick Here to visit Fieroking's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierokingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I HAve been tryingto find a fairly in expensive mod to the headlight to get rid of the big ugly single light that Ponitac blessed us with. I finally found this that can be modded to work on the retractors that we have.

The unit is plastic and I cut it and a headlight bucket to make the the unit fit like this

And a comparision of one old and one new.

Now all I have to do is finish the other side. More pictures to follow. Let me know what you all think.

Joe Sokol

------------------
85 SE 2.8 - beater coupe-
86 SE 3.4 -in progress 3800 II SC -
88 Formula GT 4.9 5 speed beast
Enough parts outside for another one
-And a 3.4 push rod for sale in the mall Go and look-

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2006 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks nice... what are the donor projectors from?
srat110

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2006 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for srat110Send a Private Message to srat110Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looks good to me. How much is "expensive"? And where did you find these?
gt7

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2006 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gt7Send a Private Message to gt7Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like your light mod. Please let us know what you did and what your parts are from.

------------------
gt7 (at pff)
gt7@juno.com
1987 Fiero GT 2.8 V6 5Spd

Fieroking

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2006 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierokingClick Here to visit Fieroking's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierokingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found the projectors on Ebay they are from a mid 90's Mazda RX7 I paid 170.00 for the set that included wiring harness's and the units also has Angle Eye's on them. I will post more pictures as I get them finished.

Joe Sokol

------------------

xlowes

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-24-2006 03:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for xlowesSend a Private Message to xlowesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about some pix of how you cut the units and put them together
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2006 05:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good... more pics of how you put it together please.

BTW, where did the turn signals come from? Is that a regular Fiero bumper that is modded to fit the turn signals in it?

xlowes

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-24-2006 05:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for xlowesSend a Private Message to xlowesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They're on EBay now. 140 plus shipping
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2006 06:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder if the price is going to spike on these if the mod turns out as good as it looks on a Fiero.

alex de jorge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2006 06:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for alex de jorgeSend a Private Message to alex de jorgeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love the way they look. Good job!
Brian27

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2006 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Brian27Send a Private Message to Brian27Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your headlight mod looks great. Please share more info on your conversion.
PFF
System Bot
3800superfast

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 191
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2006 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3800superfastSend a Private Message to 3800superfastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very Nice !!!! Very Inventive Also !!!!!! I`m in...........
srat110

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2006 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for srat110Send a Private Message to srat110Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by xlowes:

They're on EBay now. 140 plus shipping

Yeah, but they are screwing you on the shipping. $35 seems alittle excessive.

fullcircle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2006 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fullcircleSend a Private Message to fullcircleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
tell us about wiring?
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2006 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think that looks really good! You should definitely document a build up on those. Looks like you found a nice inexpensive alternative for the look a lot of people are going for! People would start calling it the "Fieroking" headlights just like people refer to a certain front lip as the skitime chin spoiler.
kwagner

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2006 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like it! Hmm, they look like they could fit Norm's front end with a little modification...
fiero 3800sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2006 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero 3800scSend a Private Message to fiero 3800scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh yeah.. looks great !! Was it hard to addapt to the stock frame ? Please more pics !!
EMX5636

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2006 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EMX5636Send a Private Message to EMX5636Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
speaking of norm, he's the one who bought that set on ebay. Fieroking, would you be interested in building a set? I have wanted slim pop-ups since I got the car, and now with the turbo engine getting ready to run, I don't really have the time to make them. PM me with a price, let me know.

JustinW

------------------
'88 Fiero Formula 4-spd- Edit again- bigger turbo install done, Haltech on hold, GM ECM via Darth..... here comes 300HP 2.8L

Build page: [URL=//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/043670.html[/URL]

1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX - Daily driver soon to be in the 12's.
Bring on the snow!!!!

fullcircle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2006 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fullcircleSend a Private Message to fullcircleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
alex de jorge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2006 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for alex de jorgeSend a Private Message to alex de jorgeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just bought my set. I hope to be installing them soon!
normsf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2006 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for normsfClick Here to visit normsf's HomePageSend a Private Message to normsfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello, Thats funny youre right I did buy a set that I would like to try to use as the Hella lights that I use now cost me $400.00 now these look close. thanks Norm

------------------
Norm Vandermee

[This message has been edited by normsf (edited 02-25-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 306
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2006 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by srat110:

Yeah, but they are screwing you on the shipping. $35 seems alittle excessive.

Hell, dell charges $90 for shipping that im sure if you could look it up costs ~20. Its just another way of making profit by ripping people who would trust you to be honest.

Riceburner98

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2006 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Riceburner98Send a Private Message to Riceburner98Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nah, it's the seller's way of trying to get a little less "ripped" by eBay. When eBay went up on the $ charged per auction, everybody raised thier shipping / "handling" fees and lowered the prices of thier auctions to match. eBay doesn't get a percentage of the shipping fee, which is why you can buy a cell phone battery for $.01 with $25 shipping. eBay gets a portion of the $.01, the seller keeps the $23.50 left over for the "handling" fee. Naturally there are some sellers that are trying to rip people on the shipping, but alot of it is because of eBay's fees. Almost forgot, nice mod! Looks like it came out well.

------------------
Bob Williams
Multi-colored '86 Mutt, a work in progress! (3800SC running great! Fixed the bent roof, now I need an intercooler! Yeehaa!)

[This message has been edited by Riceburner98 (edited 02-25-2006).]

SLOWnSTEADY

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2006 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SLOWnSTEADYSend a Private Message to SLOWnSTEADYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pretty much everyone now days rips you on shipping. i was charged $180 for my body kit to be shipped here. They happened to ship it through the company my mom works for and i found they only paid $70 for it to be shipped!
alex de jorge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2006 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for alex de jorgeSend a Private Message to alex de jorgeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FieroKing,

How much of the new headllights did you have to trim as well as the headlight bucket? How did you secured the headlight to the buckets?

Thanks.

cacique

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2006 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for caciqueSend a Private Message to caciqueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NICE!! Share your process with us plus pics!
fierogtowner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2006 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtownerSend a Private Message to fierogtownerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fieroking,

Show us more pics, that's a great mod and now I'm going to do it.

SLOWnSTEADY

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2006 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SLOWnSTEADYSend a Private Message to SLOWnSTEADYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yeah.... hows about a write up!
Fieroking

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2006 02:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierokingClick Here to visit Fieroking's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierokingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey everyone I just got the other light mounted. I took pictures as I went, I will post pictures tomorrow (just finished watching the closing cermonies of the Olmypic's),

Joe Sokol

------------------

alex de jorge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2006 04:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for alex de jorgeSend a Private Message to alex de jorgeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks a lot! That is going to be great.
Fieroking

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierokingClick Here to visit Fieroking's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierokingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As promised here are more pictures of how I built my new projector headlights.

1. This is the headlight bucket taken apart. I only used the main mount piece. If anyone need any ofthe other parts let me know.

2. This is the main mount after I cut away all the unneeded plastic

3.Test fitting the mount to the headlight unit

4. Mounted together

5. Looking from the top of the unitwith it cut to fit the opening in the hood

6. View from the left side

More in the next post

Joe Sokol

------------------

PFF
System Bot
Fieroking

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierokingClick Here to visit Fieroking's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierokingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fieroking

2144 posts
Member since Jun 2002
To finsh this posting

7. View of the light unit from the Right

8. Both units mounted without the headlight covers on

9. All done (sort of)

To mount the first unit I spent 6 to 8 hours and 2 headlight buckets to get it to work. The second unit only took about 3 hours to get mounted. I still have to add more plastic and epoxy to stiffen the mounts ( for longevity) and pieces to the front to cover up opening caused by cutting away material (got to make them pretty). mount the wiring and hookup the Angle Eyes. And most importantly adjust the lights to point correctly.

Hope you all enjoyed this
I LOVE MY NEW LIGHTS

Joe Sokol

------------------

alex de jorge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 05:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for alex de jorgeSend a Private Message to alex de jorgeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Joe,

They look great! How did you hook up the lights to the bracket? Did you have to drill any holes?

Thanks,

Alex

[This message has been edited by alex de jorge (edited 02-28-2006).]

TnTyler

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TnTylerSend a Private Message to TnTylerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like alot, were did you get the lights, mounts(if any) and could you do a step by step installation part.?? Ohh and do both lights work?

again I like alot, very realized how ugly the stock lights were.....

fierogtowner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtownerSend a Private Message to fierogtownerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for your write up Fieroking.
fierogtowner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtownerSend a Private Message to fierogtownerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierogtowner

1610 posts
Member since Aug 2005
Well, I searched for a pair and found http://www.gizmosquad.com/products.asp?product_id=8041178113
cire36

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cire36Send a Private Message to cire36Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you thought about how you plan on keeping the covers from wearing through the light housings (if they rub like the factory ones do)?
Fieroking

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierokingClick Here to visit Fieroking's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierokingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To answer your questions

I did not have to drill any holes in either part the mounting is all done with expoy.

I don't think that the light will ever wear through the plastic, the amount of movement is so small I really don't see it as a problem.

Joe Sokol

------------------

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2006 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
JUST BEAUTIFUL ! I'm wondering how the "halo"s will work. Will you re-wire the headlights to come up with the parking lights and have both headlights in "halo" with the parking lights OR have only the "halo"ed high-beam when the low beams are on ?

I hated to buy these from the eBay place you used Bcause they hit me an extra $11.34 sales tax, but couldn't find them anywhere else. The $136 Buy It Now price turned into $185 Mighty Quick

Thanks for following through on this - many have made promises, but you're the ONLY one who did it and posted the details. EVERYONE GIVE THIS MAN A PLUS !

Edit: Yellowstone also posted details of his but I think the price to complete would have been a LOT higher. Thanx Yellowstone too

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 03-01-2006).]

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2006 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All I can say is SWEET
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock