Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  What headlights you would pick? (Page 7)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What headlights you would pick? by madcurl
Started on: 06-30-2004 08:48 PM
Replies: 569 (82542 views)
Last post by: tshark on 12-15-2015 07:16 AM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2006 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroWannaBe:

the 550 lights would be sick. but pricey.

the 360 lights do cost too much, and they would fit wierd. The fenders on the 360 have way too much curve in them.

Ooohhh baby! That's what I'm talking about. Thanks Fierowannabe for doing the Photoshoping.

IP: Logged
dmancheno

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2006 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dmanchenoSend a Private Message to dmanchenoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello all,

I've been researching the headlight change. I personally like to keep the Fiero's body look with min modifications but don't like the pop-ups (actually Yellow Stones are the nicest pop-up, but seems like I'll wait forever for his reply on what Hella model/part#). One of the lights I like are the '96 to '00 Fiat 16v & 20v. Which I have been able to find in the UK for about $340 + 17% tax each. The only problem with the UK dirving lights point to there side walk (kurb). I'm trying to locates these from some other country in Europa. I also like the '93 to '97 Mazda RX-7 DUAL HALO HEAD LIGHTs, but not the carbon fiber look.

Fiat 20v
http://www.syiok.com/images/7_1236TpqN2WJPmxhH.jpg
http://www.abruzzotuningclub.it/coup%E8.htm

RX-7
http://www.raceonusa.com/ProductImages/rx7_93/rx7_93_raceon_carbon_headlights_feed_thumb.jpg

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2006 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dmancheno:

Hello all,

I've been researching the headlight change. I personally like to keep the Fiero's body look with min modifications but don't like the pop-ups (actually Yellow Stones are the nicest pop-up, but seems like I'll wait forever for his reply on what Hella model/part#). One of the lights I like are the '96 to '00 Fiat 16v & 20v. Which I have been able to find in the UK for about $340 + 17% tax each. The only problem with the UK dirving lights point to there side walk (kurb). I'm trying to locates these from some other country in Europa. I also like the '93 to '97 Mazda RX-7 DUAL HALO HEAD LIGHTs, but not the carbon fiber look.

Fiat 20v

Those are nice too and they fit the conture of the Fiero. Looks like they may be a bit pricey? Actually they look similar to the NSX headlamps.
http://www.abruzzotuningclub.it/Foto%206%20agosto%202003/05.jpg

dmancheno

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2006 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dmanchenoSend a Private Message to dmanchenoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Personally I think they would be a better fit then the NSX headlights due to it wouldn't require to mod the bumper (assumption) and as you mention due to the Fiero contour. They do look similar. The NSX was my first choice but doing some research on an old Fiat Uno w/ Hormann tuning/body I ran into the Coupe 20v. They seem to be the perfect light for the Fiero in my opinion. Yes they are some what pricey in the UK (what isn't). I need to find a Fiat parts dealer in Italy and see what they are going for. This is one of the mods I've been researching besides using '04+ Hyundai Tiburon side view mirrors to replace the stock Fiero ones. But all this has to be done on paper and photo software to see end results.

The size of the Fiat 20v head lights are about...

<--- 13" --->
/\
|
| <- about 10" ->
13"
|
|
\/
<-- 8" -->

PS
I found the part number is anyone is interested (This is for the left hand driver)
RH headlight assembly cpl. part No. 096740 Euro 250.00
LH headlight assembly cpl. part No. 096741 Euro 250.00

[This message has been edited by dmancheno (edited 04-14-2006).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2006 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for Norm..... Where's my pics?
larini74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2006 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For DanOMite....the car was done by B&B Spyders in Clearwater, FL. the upper portion of the bumper has the grill and headlights from the early to mid '90s
Pontiac Grand Prix molded in.
http://www.b-bspyder.com/

Lee
http://www.fierocountry.us
rmphoto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2006 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rmphotoSend a Private Message to rmphotoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
any news on the headlight mission? i hate my big ole squares.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2006 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rmphoto:

any news on the headlight mission? i hate my big ole squares.

Normandy Invasion: Establishing a Beach head (with more pics to come)

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-26-2006).]

rmphoto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2006 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rmphotoSend a Private Message to rmphotoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

^ that is looking really good. what car will they go on?

for sale:

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2006 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

^ that is looking really good. what car will they go on?

On This burgandy car

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmm. This thread hasen't been whip'd on lately.

A talk with Norm;

Norm is about to start on the side vents and side marker lamps on the front Corvette flipper. He'll have additional pics with-in a week. Thanks to Fierowannabe and others this "mod" is coming along just fine IMO. As for the prodution date, Norm told me 2-months before he starts production. Norm will use the current Corvette flipper as a "mold" for production.

As for cutting into the side front bumper he told me, "yes." I'm guessing because of the size of the Corvette lamps being very deep and elongated?

Photoshop'd example:

the mock-up pic,

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-30-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, I didn't know you were waiting for anything...

http://www.rallylights.com/hella/90mm_modules.asp

http://www.hella.com/produktion/HellaPortal/WebSite/Internet_usa/ProductsServices/Performance_Lighting/Conversion_Headlamps/Modules_90mm/Modules_90mm.jsp

Hello all,

Fiat 20v
http://www.syiok.com/images/7_1236TpqN2WJPmxhH.jpg

RX-7
http://www.raceonusa.com/ProductImages/rx7_93/rx7_93_raceon_carbon_headlights_feed _thumb.jpg

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Ive been wondering about the camouflage will you paint the assemblies bodycolor or something contrasting (or CF ) ?

dmancheno

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dmanchenoSend a Private Message to dmanchenoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks YellowStone for the headlight info.

PS
We are going to bet you guys in the FIFA World Cup! ... I envy that your there where the action is.
dmancheno

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dmanchenoSend a Private Message to dmanchenoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dmancheno

281 posts
Member since Apr 2006
rmphoto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2006 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rmphotoSend a Private Message to rmphotoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

one down, one to go! (well its not actually done, the lense is actually just sitting on top... still lots of work to do, and i think i might move that projector inside outwards a little more...)

madcurl, wheres the update on your vette lights? when are you getting them on the car?

[This message has been edited by rmphoto (edited 06-02-2006).]

mysticfire6602

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-02-2006 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mysticfire6602Send a Private Message to mysticfire6602Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by onfire:

I really like these.

i REALLY need to know how to do this!!!
Dizzixx

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2006 05:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DizzixxSend a Private Message to DizzixxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow just read all that and all I have to say is wow. If we could get everyone on the forum together in a big enough garage with unlimited resources think of all the nifty stuff that would come to fruition. Maybe the next fiero meet sould be like a 'Musical Meet and MOD' Brinf your car and friends then make changes to either or both!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2006 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl, wheres the update on your vette lights? when are you getting them on the car?

No pics. Maybe next week? As-to "when"? All Norm needs to do is, mount the front flipper, cutting, and wiring...that's it. Before he mounts the front flipper, he's going to make a mold from the corvette headlamp buckets.
larini74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2006 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FYI that car ( the one with the Grand Prix nose) is forsale.
I was talking with the owner on Thursday. He hasn't set a
price on it yet. I can post his contact info later if anyone is
interested in buying it.

Lee
http://www.fierocountry.us
larini74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2006 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

larini74

1878 posts
Member since Jan 2005
Also - he has it setup with Flame Throwers out the exhaust tips.....

------------------
'88" TARGET=_blank>http://www.fierocountry.us
'88
Formula
'86 Sports Coupe
'03 Mustang

PFF
System Bot
mysticfire6602

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-07-2006 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mysticfire6602Send a Private Message to mysticfire6602Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
im not interested in buying it, but im interested uf you can get info on how he did it
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2006 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by larini74:

Also - he has it setup with Flame Throwers out the exhaust tips.....

I'd like to see that.
LT-5Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2006 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT-5FieroSend a Private Message to LT-5FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Two scoops ahead!

larini74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2006 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll see if I can get Bill to let me know how he did it and post it here if he does.

Lee

------------------
'88" TARGET=_blank>http://www.fierocountry.us
'88
Formula
'86 Sports Coupe
'03 Mustang

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2006 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had given this some thought before but I think that Fiero front is much less slanted...

This reminds me of the "gator eye" headlights that were available for the Fiero at some point...

Personally I think they would be a better fit then the NSX headlights due to it wouldn't require to mod the bumper (assumption) and as you mention due to the Fiero contour. They do look similar. The NSX was my first choice but doing some research on an old Fiat Uno w/ Hormann tuning/body I ran into the Coupe 20v. They seem to be the perfect light for the Fiero in my opinion. Yes they are some what pricey in the UK (what isn't). I need to find a Fiat parts dealer in Italy and see what they are going for. This is one of the mods I've been researching besides using '04+ Hyundai Tiburon side view mirrors to replace the stock Fiero ones. But all this has to be done on paper and photo software to see end results.

The size of the Fiat 20v head lights are about...

<--- 13" --->
/\
|
| <- about 10" ->
13"
|
|
\/
<-- 8" -->

PS
I found the part number is anyone is interested (This is for the left hand driver)
RH headlight assembly cpl. part No. 096740 Euro 250.00
LH headlight assembly cpl. part No. 096741 Euro 250.00

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 06-08-2006).]

rmphoto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2006 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rmphotoSend a Private Message to rmphotoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

I had given this some thought before but I think that Fiero front is much less slanted...

woa! i think those would work nicely if you brought them into the front bumper a inch or two... they look real nice.

i just got both mine wired up and mounted tonight! the new shape really changes the look of the front end. now i need to work on getting the lenses mounted and glassin up some buckets for the hid xenon projectors. i will also add some small driving lights right beside (on the inside) of the projectors. they are BRIGHT! very pleased with them... heres a pic:

[This message has been edited by rmphoto (edited 06-10-2006).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2006 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A "Bump" for Tryoboy
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2006 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got off the phone with Norm (I bug him every week, hehe). He said he'll have a few side pics of the Corvette side markers. As for the little vent...he didn't say. Anyway, the 547's will be sent to Archie's for "beefie" front fender flarring 101. Man, 2-months left before the reunion.

The side markers shouldn't take-up too much area compared to Norm's side markers.

example of Norms:

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-26-2006).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2006 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Could this set up be made street legal if I were to use projector head lights.
proff

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2006 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like these lights.
here you can't have too many

Originally posted by troyboy:

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2006 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hmm. Then they could pose as "fog lamps"? I wonder if there's a limit to having fog lamps on a car?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-27-2006).]

F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2006 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mini Cooper doesn't seem to think so...

Wait! Are those facing backwards? Who the heck wants to see where they've been while driving? Sounds dangerous to me...

[This message has been edited by F-I-E-R-O (edited 11-19-2007).]

dmancheno

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2006 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dmanchenoSend a Private Message to dmanchenoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a blueprint of the Fiat Coupe 16v & 20v. Not sure about the more or less slanted.

Fiero GT FB blue print.
This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by dmancheno (edited 06-28-2006).]

dmancheno

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2006 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dmanchenoSend a Private Message to dmanchenoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dmancheno

281 posts
Member since Apr 2006
Here is anotherexample with the F355 Challenge headlights...

Evil 355 Challenge headlights

[This message has been edited by dmancheno (edited 06-29-2006).]

rmphoto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2006 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rmphotoSend a Private Message to rmphotoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

They are too low to be street legal regardless of what light you use (here at least). Cant remember the exact height limit, but I checked before cutting my shape out, and I can tell you those wouldnt fly here...
proff

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2006 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
AS A FIAT DRIVER FROM 20 YEARS AGO
what kind of fiat is this
i have a fiat 128SL in the garage , but to have it on the road here it would cost me $1100 every year

Originally posted by yellowstone:

This reminds me of the "gator eye" headlights that were available for the Fiero at some point...

timmer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2006 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timmerSend a Private Message to timmerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

They are too low to be street legal regardless of what light you use (here at least). Cant remember the exact height limit, but I checked before cutting my shape out, and I can tell you those wouldnt fly here...

23" on center in canada is the legal limit ( unless you know some one that will get you inspected when you pull over )
Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2006 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fieroking:

This is how mine look

Angle Eyes

Low Beams

High Beams

Joe Sokol

Nice Job whit your car Fieroking
dmancheno

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2006 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dmanchenoSend a Private Message to dmanchenoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fiat Coupe headlights on MC Fiero...

Fiat Coupe Nose & headligths on MC Fiero...
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock