Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Need the photoshop guys to make a pic for me! (headlights!) (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Need the photoshop guys to make a pic for me! (headlights!) by Fastback 86
Started on: 11-03-2003 09:57 PM
Replies: 45
Last post by: fierov8 on 11-10-2003 01:45 PM
Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2003 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
With all the stuff about HID headlights up in the Tech forum, I had an idea for something a little different. I, for one, don't care much for Tom or Norm's flushmounts ONLY because I think the rectangular headlights are ugly on the Fiero. So I mentioned to Norm the idea of making a special mold and using round headlights. Before we get to crazy with that (and I start spending money I don't have), I need some help with someone with Photoshop knowledge to make a pic for me.

Heres what I'd like to do: Take the round, flushmount lights from another car and put them on a Fiero (aero nose since thats what my car has) like flushmounts. The donor cars I'm think of would be either a later model 3000GT, a new Celica, a WRX, or something similar. You can take two round headlights and stick them in there as is if you want. The idea is to have two in each side, highs and lows, with the lows closer to the middle of the car and close to the clear plexiglass cover. The highs would be next to them, closer to the sides of the car, and set back an inch or so behind the lows.

Heres a page or two with some pics of a 3000GT that might work: http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/276766/1
(more than one page with pics there)
http://www.stealth3000gtparts.com/pics1.html
http://www.cardomain.com/id/3kgtjon
(more than one page of pics)

Thats all I can find at the moment. Lets see what all you creative types can do!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2003 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
I'm really in to this, so I'm gonna bump it a few times in case any photoshop people missed it. I know you guys are out there! Lets see what you can do!
FieroBUZZ

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2003 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBUZZSend a Private Message to FieroBUZZDirect Link to This Post
From what I have seen there are two ways to add non pop up round lights. At least if they are over 2 inches in diameter.

One is available..lights mounted in the pop up light bay with bulges running up the hood.

To mount even with the hood line, you need to notch the bumper bar and front fascia.

Woody

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2003 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WoodySend a Private Message to WoodyDirect Link to This Post

Maybey The Scale Is Off Or Something But It looks Alittle Awkward
I Think It Would Look Better In Real Life
Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2003 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Woody:

don't use skitimes GT for this, you might give him ideas..

------------------

3.4 DOHC Turbo swap in progress

stuartlowery

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
User Banned

Report this Post11-05-2003 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stuartloweryClick Here to visit stuartlowery's HomePageSend a Private Message to stuartloweryDirect Link to This Post
I'm sorry but I have to say that... THAT CAR LOOKS TICKED!!!

May be a good look. SCARE THE OTHER CARS OUT OF THE WAY!

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2003 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
The problem with the Fiero and flush lights is that the lights are too far up the nose. If I ever do flush I will pull the lights forward and more to the outside, forgive my crude photoshop but like this:

------------------
If you find my advice useful, then please give me a positive rating, thanks...

1988 GT (Firebird Interior)
1988 Coupe (Daily Driver),
1985 SE (Project Car) Recent Addition
1985 Coupe (parts car)
Firebird Interior Installation Website

Phantom-Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2003 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Phantom-FieroSend a Private Message to Phantom-FieroDirect Link to This Post
Now I really believe Ski will be looking at that closely, oh Modena...

-Phantom

FLASHY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2003 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FLASHYSend a Private Message to FLASHYDirect Link to This Post
I like the 300zx lights. They'd look good on a Fiero...

------------------

NMTodd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2003 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NMToddSend a Private Message to NMToddDirect Link to This Post
Wow, Flashy. That does look good!

------------------
Todd
86 Bright Red GT - 105,000 miles
Albuquerque, NM

furious_fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 232
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2003 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for furious_fieroSend a Private Message to furious_fieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FLASHY:

I like the 300zx lights. They'd look good on a Fiero...

NO FLASHY, dont change it. Its so nice how it is.

I prefer the stock pop ups over anything.

PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2003 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
I agree the 300ZX lights most cloely follow the lines of the Fiero. I believe there are a couple of people that have done the 300ZX lights.
88-DOHC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2003 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88-DOHCSend a Private Message to 88-DOHCDirect Link to This Post
There is one problem with the 300zx lights. IF you use the mounting bracket that comes with them (so they are adjustable) they are too wide and won't fit into the space between the front deck lid hings and the fender. The only way they would fit is to actually go into the fender some, which would look a little odd. However even without that bracket they still are a little too wide.
FLASHY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2003 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FLASHYSend a Private Message to FLASHYDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by furious_fiero:

NO FLASHY, dont change it. Its so nice how it is.

I prefer the stock pop ups over anything.

Heh, don't worry, I prefer the pop-up look too.

Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2003 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Woody:

Thanks Woody, thats a good start! I know I'm asking a lot of you guys, but I'd like to see if a few alterations could be made.

1) Square up the mounts for the headlights. I don't think the crazy points from the 3000GT style works on the Fiero front end.

2)Fit them where the pop ups used to be. My only bodywork experience is on a 67 Beetle and you don't want to see that thing. I'm looking to come up with something that would mount in the headlight bays. Basically, Tom or Norms flushmounts with offset round lights instead of even mounted rectangular ones.

I think Flashy's 300ZX lights look real good too, but I don't have the body work skills or the money necessary to do that/get it done by someone else.

Thanks guys!

Unsafe At Any Speed

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 315
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2003 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedDirect Link to This Post
Anyone wanna put the 300zx lights on with a 355 front end?

Photoshop, that is.

[This message has been edited by Unsafe At Any Speed (edited 11-05-2003).]

TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2003 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugDirect Link to This Post
i do, but i am poor and well... im poor

------------------
'86 Fiero GT

www.KylesFiero.tk

Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2003 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Unsafe At Any Speed:

YES! But in lieu of $900+, I think I'll start with this.

Did I mention that I like people who have photoshop skills?

Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2003 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post

Fastback 86

7849 posts
Member since Sep 2003
bumpin it up!
timmer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2003 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timmerSend a Private Message to timmerDirect Link to This Post
there is another set of lights one could use and i am using them and small cuts are made in metel bumper to remove a bit .i was to have mine done by the end of oct but family situations and bad weather affecting my house have set me back a bit imagine how you want till i get the pics posted but i am installing 94 CAMARO 4HEADLIGHT SYSTEM!!!
FLASHY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2003 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FLASHYSend a Private Message to FLASHYDirect Link to This Post

Photoshop, that is.

Sure! How's this?

PFF
System Bot
ChopTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2003 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChopTopSend a Private Message to ChopTopDirect Link to This Post
Even though the Z lights look the best, it makes the Fiero look too much like a Z, like a Z-wanna be. Plus they're square, I like the looks of the round parablolic lights, the type that are on the Audi's. Plus remember headlights must measure something like 21 inches from the road (vertical height), otherwise cops are gonna think you're using your driving lights for headlights and can ticket you.
Nebiros88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2003 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Direct Link to This Post

these are what the lights really look like, and i'll tell ya... they wont fit nicely in line with the 2 bumped up areas on a fiero hood they are too wide to fo that. to use those lights you'll need to make a whole custom hood/nose.. good luck i'm starting on these in about a month

------------------

mcmccoy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2003 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mcmccoySend a Private Message to mcmccoyDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone considered or tried the Pontiac Sunfire headlights? Similar in style to the Z, but a little smaller I think.
Unsafe At Any Speed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2003 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedDirect Link to This Post
Flashy, red X.
Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2003 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
All good ideas, but I'm still pluggin for mine! Any new photoshoped pics ready for postin?

Unsafe At Any Speed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2003 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedDirect Link to This Post
Oh. the pic is there now. Wanna move the lights farther forward though like on your car? If not, that's cool cause you're getting a plus nonetheless.
wpgfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2003 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wpgfieroSend a Private Message to wpgfieroDirect Link to This Post
not sure whos car this is but heres a pic I have of a Fiero with Sunfire lights, and no I didnt photoshop it, as far as I know its a real car.

FLASHY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2003 03:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FLASHYSend a Private Message to FLASHYDirect Link to This Post

Oh. the pic is there now. Wanna move the lights farther forward though like on your car? If not, that's cool cause you're getting a plus nonetheless.

Sure, why not.

Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2003 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
Ok guys, it was brought to my attention by a friend that I'm not being as clear about my idea as I should and it could be shying some people away from trying to figure out what I am trying to do.

So, heres the edited idea. Norm told me he could do pretty much anything with fiberglass, so I had this idea of making my own style of flushmount headlights and having Norm actually make them for me. My plan is to create a design that uses round headlights instead of the rectangular ones in his kit.

I have almost no Photoshop skills, and I don't have Photoshop or access to it, so I started this thread with the hope that someone could help me out so I would have some kind of picture to show to Norm so he'd know what I'm talking about.

So, very simply, this is what I want to do. Take Norm's flushmount headlight set up, remove the rectangular lights, and fit in round ones. The fiberglass would be moulded to hold the lights. There would be two in each headlight bucket, highs and lows. The lows would be on the outsides and would sit right were the outside rectangular one was. The highs would be moved out an inch or so, so they would be offset, with the fiberglass coming out and molded to hold the lights.

I'm drawing inspiration from the S2000, 3000GT, WRX, and Celica.

So now if anyone thinks they can come up with what I'm thinking of, please please please give it a shot and post it! Also, Norm I'm gonna PM you and get the dimensions of your headlight buckets so I can make better schematics.

Thanks guys!
Scott

FLASHY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2003 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FLASHYSend a Private Message to FLASHYDirect Link to This Post
Is this more along the lines you are talking about? I tried...

PFF
System Bot
mcmccoy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2003 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mcmccoySend a Private Message to mcmccoyDirect Link to This Post
I am not familier with "Norms" flush kit. Give me a url or pic and Ill give it a shot.
Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2003 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
Thank you FLASHY!!!!!!! Thats the direction I want to go! The only thing I'd like to change is the lights themselves, I want to go with the projection lights, the little bulbs set back in the concave reflectors. This is awesome, this is just what I was hoping to get from this post!

mcmccoy, the pic Flashy posted right above yours is the pic of Norms kit from his site, with the round headlights photoshopped in.
The site is: http://www.normsfiberglass.com/Ourproducts.html
The pic of the kit is at the bottom of the page.

Toms very similar kit is on this page: http://www.fieroproject.com/tom/

Thanks again guys!

8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2003 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
Good idea, but in order to use the projector lights, you will need a reflector behind them. Otherwise the lights will not be useable at night.

I think, correct me if I am wrong.

FLASHY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2003 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FLASHYSend a Private Message to FLASHYDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fastback 86:

I want to go with the projection lights, the little bulbs set back in the concave reflectors.

Kind of more like this?...

Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2003 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
Flashy, you are awesome! You most definatly get a "+"! The exact lights I had in mind were the ones Songman is using in his Lambo style light conversion here: http://www.fiero-performance.com/FPBHC.html
They're pretty much the same thing though, now that I look at them again.
I'm gonna talk to him tomarrow at the CA Coast Run and see what lights he's using.

Thanks guys for all your help! BTW, if anybody else has pics they've made, please post them! I'm still open to any other ideas out there!

FLASHY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2003 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FLASHYSend a Private Message to FLASHYDirect Link to This Post
Hey no problem. I'm just a Fiero fanatic trying to help out another.
Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2003 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
And its greatly appreciated!

BTW, everybody following this, what do you think? I'm going to send Flashy's last pic to Norm at Norms Fiberglass and see if he can make real ones. You guys think they look good? I think they'll look very cool installed on a Fiero and it'll be totally unique!

Unsafe At Any Speed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2003 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedDirect Link to This Post
Looks good. Maybe even HIDs.

By the way, nice work on the 300zx/355 PS. Looks pretty good. I just don't think I could get myself to cut up my 355 nose to try it.

Woody

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2003 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WoodySend a Private Message to WoodyDirect Link to This Post

How Bout This Ps?

[This message has been edited by Woody (edited 11-08-2003).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock