Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Quotes. (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 30 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30 
Previous Page | Next Page
Quotes. by 84Bill
Started on: 10-13-2004 03:34 AM
Replies: 1165
Last post by: Boondawg on 04-24-2011 01:01 AM
NEPTUNE

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2004 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by G-Nasty:

"It is to be regretted that the rich and powerful too often bend the ax of government to thier selfish purposes".
--President Andrew Jackson

"We know that dictators are quick to choose aggression, while free nations strive to resolve differences in peace".
-- Dubya

YOU WIN!!!

IP: Logged
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2004 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnnyK:

Is that an actual quote?!

My guess is "No."
I'd love to see the source if it is real.

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2004 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Formula88

53788 posts
Member since Jan 2001
"For diplomacy to be effective, words must be credible - and no one can now doubt the word of America. "
-George W. Bush

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program. "
-William J. Clinton

"It takes a long time to turn a big country around. Just be of good cheer and keep working on it. "
-William J. Clinton

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15. "
-Ronald Reagan

"Today we did what we had to do. They counted on America to be passive. They counted wrong. "
-Ronald Reagan

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force if necessary to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security. "
-John F. Kerry

"I'm an internationalist. I'd like to see our troops dispersed through the world only at the directive of the United Nations. "
-John F. Kerry

"I don't know what it is these Republicans, who didn't serve in any war, have against those of us who are Democrats who did. "
-John F. Kerry

"What I've always said is - and I defended Bill Clinton's position, and I would defend the president's choice with respect to going into the Guard. I've never made any judgments about any choice somebody made about avoiding the draft, about going to Canada, going to jail, being a conscientious objector, going into the National Guard. "
-John F. Kerry

Source: http://www.brainyquote.com

------------------

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 10-16-2004).]

84Bill

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post10-16-2004 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
"Every friend of freedom must be as revolted as I am by the prospect of turning the United States into an armed camp, by the vision of jails filled with casual drug users and of an army of enforcers empowered to invade the liberty of citizens on slight evidence." -Milton Friedman, Nobel Prize-winning economist

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own." -John Quincy Adams

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember it or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln, 1838

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-16-2004 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

84Bill

21085 posts
Member since Apr 2001
HA!
Found this one and just had to post it..

"I'm not sure which upsets me more: that people are so unwilling to accept responsibility for their own actions, or that they are so eager to regulate everyone else's." --Kee Hinckley

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2004 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Good ones, Bill!
NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2004 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

My guess is "No."
I'd love to see the source if it is real.

I agree. It is a little too articulate and thought out for the Dubster, isn't it.

fogglethorpe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 158
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2004 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fogglethorpeSend a Private Message to fogglethorpeDirect Link to This Post
"Art has come to the discotheque, and it will never be the same again." -John Wilcock of the East Village Other, reviewing the debut of the Velvet Underground, 1967.

------------------
Veritas

litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2004 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
"What...me worry?" -- Alfred E. Neuman
edhering

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2004 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for edheringClick Here to visit edhering's HomePageSend a Private Message to edheringDirect Link to This Post
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle."

Philo of Alexandria, Jewish philosopher

webbee

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2004 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for webbeeSend a Private Message to webbeeDirect Link to This Post

"...Nothing appears more surprising... than the easiness with which the many are governed by the few... as force is always on the side of the governed, the governors have nothing to support them except opinion. It is, therefore, on opinion only that government is founded,..."

David Hume, Of the First Principles of Government [1758]

PFF
System Bot
Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2004 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post
"This 'telephone' has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered as a means of communication. The device is inherently of no value to us." -- Western Union internal memo, 1876

"The wireless music box has no imaginable commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?" -- David Sarnoff's associates in response to his urgings for investment in the radio in the 1920s

"No flying machine will ever fly from New York to Paris." -- Orville Wright.

"Airplanes are interesting toys but of no military value." -- Marechal Ferdinand Foch, Professor of Strategy, Ecole Superieure de Guerre.

"Sure there have been injuries and deaths in boxing - but none of them serious."
- Alan Minter, Boxer

"You guys line up alphabetically by height."
- Bill Peterson, Florida State football coach

"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada."
- Britney Spears, Pop Singer

The Funkmaster

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2004 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FunkmasterSend a Private Message to The FunkmasterDirect Link to This Post
Whilst playing video games:

"Don't let them hit you - It's how they win."
-Me

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2004 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Silentassassin185:
"You guys line up alphabetically by height."
- Bill Peterson, Florida State football coach

No doubt a Seminole alumni.
I wonder what Bobby Bowden had to say about that?

LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2004 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTDirect Link to This Post
Be kind to those that you meet while climbing the ladder of success, because you never know who you will meet on the way down. Author unknown.
JSocha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2004 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JSochaSend a Private Message to JSochaDirect Link to This Post
"In this day of communication via computer technology, I've learned that it is not a good idea to join a forum dedicated to Rape Crisis Victims in the hopes of hitting on chicks..." - Me

"Give a man enough rope, and eventually and inadvertantly, they hang themselves." -Me

------------------

"The PRE10DR"

trailboss

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2004 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trailbossSend a Private Message to trailbossDirect Link to This Post
http://homepage.eircom.net/~odyssey/Politics/Quotes/Paul_Johnson.html#Britain

Paul Johnson {a British national} is highly underrated in my estimation.
Here is one quote, many more are on the link above….

When Jesus Christ preached in Palestine two millennia ago, the distinctions between rich and poor were painfully visible. The rich were plump and well-clad, warm and clean, scented and groomed. The poor were thin, in rags, filthy and stinking.
Now all that has changed. The "poverty line" has to be revised upward every year. The officially "poor" now have cars, often own homes, take holiday trips and possess all the appliances judged indispensable. For the first time in history, plumpness and obesity are signs of poverty. The rich are lean, dieting on salads and often refusing to eat meat. They may still spend a fortune on clothing, but the results are not obvious. Clever mass production and marketing mean that a smart girl with taste, though she only works in a drugstore, can dress as elegantly as a Rockefeller or a Rothschild. In advanced countries (and in a growing proportion of the Third World) central heating, hot running water, fresh milk and fruit are now taken for granted. It takes less than a decade for today's luxury to become a universal necessity.
- from Forbes magazine

intlcutlass

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2004 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for intlcutlassSend a Private Message to intlcutlassDirect Link to This Post
"The best political community is formed by citizens of the middle class."

I Also like:

"The problem with political jokes is they get elected"

webbee

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2004 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for webbeeSend a Private Message to webbeeDirect Link to This Post
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." -- William Pitt (1783)
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2004 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTDirect Link to This Post
It is better to keep thy mouth shut and be thought of as a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt. Author unknown.
Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Silentassassin185:

"This 'telephone' has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered as a means of communication. The device is inherently of no value to us." -- Western Union internal memo, 1876

"I can forsee a worldwide market for possibly 5 computers." CEO of IBM, early 60's (Damn!! "I" have that many!!!)

"640K should be enough RAM for anybody" Bill Gates, late 70's or early 80's

PFF
System Bot
alienfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 02:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for alienfieroSend a Private Message to alienfieroDirect Link to This Post
If Pascal were wagering,
would you bet againt him?
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 04:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
biggest weakness... being indecisive perhaps? i dunno, maybe...

Im glad i left this place in such good shape or is it just better since i left.

eh, worse case scenario: you get raped, murdered and then they rape your dead body.Thats sex twice it can't be that bad.

go take a shower, i wanna smell ur hair...

that means im gonna be happy because shes gonna be in a good mood... thats how it works

damn i thought that was gonna bounce

the fact that she didnt stab me with a knive and run made me realize she is a keeper.

bungee jumping - all the thrill of commiting suicide without all the commitment

[This message has been edited by pokeyfiero (edited 10-21-2004).]

Patrick's Dad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Patrick's DadClick Here to visit Patrick's Dad's HomePageSend a Private Message to Patrick's DadDirect Link to This Post
I was looking for a different quote, but I saw this one... LOL

"Before I refuse to take your questions, I have an opening statement."

This is the one I was looking for:

"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidise it "

Both, Ronald W Reagan

Wolfhound

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post
You can always count on the Americans to do the right thing, after they exhaust all other options. Winston Churchill

Don,t forget to vote!

Butter

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 91
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ButterSend a Private Message to ButterDirect Link to This Post
If it ain't broke don't fix it!

Most folks will die at the hands of a doctor.

I remembered what I forgot to remember!

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
"I'm a doctor, not a brick layer."
Dr. McCoy to Capt. Kirk in the episode "Devil In The Dark".
Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post
"If there is a 50-50 chance your right there is a 90% chance your wrong" Murphy- Murphy's Law
Lex

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 217
User Banned

Report this Post10-21-2004 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LexClick Here to visit Lex's HomePageSend a Private Message to LexDirect Link to This Post
"There can be only one" - Connor Macleod

Patrick's Dad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Patrick's DadClick Here to visit Patrick's Dad's HomePageSend a Private Message to Patrick's DadDirect Link to This Post
"Boot, you transistorized tormentor! Bo-o-o-ot!"
- Alfred, Larry-Boy's trusted associate and gizmo builder. Also heard when my computer boots up.
webbee

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2004 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for webbeeSend a Private Message to webbeeDirect Link to This Post
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams

and I bet you just thought he made beer.

PFF
System Bot
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-22-2004 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own." - John Quincy Adams
alienfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2004 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for alienfieroSend a Private Message to alienfieroDirect Link to This Post
For I have closed my eyes, Yet they are not closed.

Alienfiero.

Lex

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 217
User Banned

Report this Post10-23-2004 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LexClick Here to visit Lex's HomePageSend a Private Message to LexDirect Link to This Post
"If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it."
- Julius Caesar

webbee

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2004 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for webbeeSend a Private Message to webbeeDirect Link to This Post
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
--Benjamin Franklin
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-31-2004 01:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
Being politically correct is sometimes like strapping on a ball and chain, you can still run the marathon but by the time you cross the finish line everyone has gone home. - 84Bill

FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2004 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

"I'm hearing with my eyes!"
~ Boondawg ~

LOL WTF dude!

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-31-2004 03:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

LOL WTF dude!

It's a litmus test.... did you past?

[This message has been edited by 84Bill (edited 10-31-2004).]

hugh

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2004 06:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hughSend a Private Message to hughDirect Link to This Post
By one of the players on my son's semipro baseball team to the other team's pitcher(who was wild)"He's a catcher,not a goalie"
fogglethorpe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 158
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2004 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fogglethorpeSend a Private Message to fogglethorpeDirect Link to This Post
"The kind of man who wants the government to adopt and enforce
his ideas is always the kind of man whose ideas are idiotic." H.L. Mencken

------------------

Veritas

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 30 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock