Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Quotes. (Page 16)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 30 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30 
Previous Page | Next Page
Quotes. by 84Bill
Started on: 10-13-2004 03:34 AM
Replies: 1165
Last post by: Boondawg on 04-24-2011 01:01 AM
SC Coupe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2007 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SC CoupeSend a Private Message to SC CoupeDirect Link to This Post
What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy? - Mahatma Gandhi
IP: Logged
Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2007 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post
The quickest way to change a persons thoughts about a subject, is a 130gr boattale. -Brian Davis 75th Ranger Sniper

Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Still if you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed, if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not so costly, you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all of the odds against you and only a precious chance for survival. There may be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no chance of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." -Winston Churchill
SC Coupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2007 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SC CoupeSend a Private Message to SC CoupeDirect Link to This Post
To build may have to be the slow and laborious task of years. To destroy can be the thoughtless act of a single day. - Winston Churchill
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death” ~ Albert Einstein
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Toddster

20871 posts
Member since May 2001
"Age wrinkles the body. Quitting wrinkles the soul.” ~ General Douglas McArthur
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Toddster

20871 posts
Member since May 2001
"Edison failed 10, 000 times before he made the electric light. Do not be discouraged if you fail a few times.” ~ Napoleon Hill
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Toddster

20871 posts
Member since May 2001
“Stay the course, light a star, Change the world where'er you are.” ~ Richard Le Gallienne

Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Toddster

20871 posts
Member since May 2001
“Victory belongs to the most persevering.” ~ Napoleon Bonaparte
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Toddster

20871 posts
Member since May 2001
"If you're going through hell, keep going." ~ Winston Churchill
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Toddster

20871 posts
Member since May 2001

Originally posted by SC Coupe:

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy? - Mahatma Gandhi

Good question, let's ask the dead:

This combat soldier's prayer,
Who has served his time in Hell,
Is may we learn the lessons of war well,
That we not doom future generations,
The same old tales of horror to tell,
To endure what in youth they see mistakenly as glory.
Oh God, do not let our children
Repeat the same old story.

Make it so that America's babies live to grow old
In this land of the free and the bold.
Help us throw off the shackles of hate that bind
And grow old in a life of a peaceful kind.

Teach us that there is no glory in war,
Nor honor there that brave men should not abhor.
Teach us instead, one for another our brothers to love.
Shower us with thine Celestial message from above,
That we plant seeds of peace evermore
And make war-no-more!

But if I should die on some far, far away battlefield
Know I answered the call
For a grand principle of freedom to yield.
My fervent prayer is that death
May not have been in vain
Fighting for peace and right for the world to attain.

My brothers, American roses standing by my side
On alien soil dying
In the summer of my youthful pride
All the leaves around me falling,

Now I’m lying here still, in sunshine and in shadow,
Longing to hear, “brother next door, I love you so."
For moldering in the soft ground below,
I feel you living and loving in the world above me
Standing tall because I fought that you might be...
Oh look ye down now,
And tell me you still think of me
Honor my red blood, spilt that others might stand free.

Tell me that I did not give my all for you in vain
That brothers and sisters do not look upon my sacrifice
With hateful,
Or even worse,
Uncaring disdain.

Do not forget me when my valley’s hushed
And white with snow,
Grass growing green in the summer of my meadow
Help me see the peace I lived and died for grow.

Make my lonely grave richer,
Sweeter be...
Make this truly,
"The land of the free
And the home of the brave,"
I gave my life to save
That I might too, lie eternally,
Forever free...
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Toddster

20871 posts
Member since May 2001
it was "an uncontrollable outburst on my part. My manner was everything I hate about cable TV shouting matches." ~ Lawrence O'Donnell

MSNBC said in a statement that O'Donnell "crossed a line."
PFF
System Bot
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Toddster

20871 posts
Member since May 2001
"I like when my face tingles, when the hair on the back of my neck stands up. " ~ Kevin Costner - an actor
SC Coupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2007 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SC CoupeSend a Private Message to SC CoupeDirect Link to This Post
"It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, more vengeance, more desolation." - William Tecumseh Sherman
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2007 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
Our lives begin to end the minute we become silent about things that matter. ~ Martin Luther King

A man who stands for nothing will fall for anything! ~ Malcolm X

[This message has been edited by Toddster (edited 02-05-2007).]

webbee

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2007 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for webbeeSend a Private Message to webbeeDirect Link to This Post
To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity.
--Donald A. Adams
SC Coupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2007 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SC CoupeSend a Private Message to SC CoupeDirect Link to This Post
"Something more than mere support for a war without fighting in it is required to earn the "chicken hawk" label. Chicken-hawkism is the belief that advocating a war from afar is a sign of personal courage and strength, and that opposing a war from afar is a sign of personal cowardice and weakness. A "chicken hawk" is someone who not merely advocates a war, but believes that their advocacy is proof of the courage which those who will actually fight the war in combat require." - Glenn Greenwald
webbee

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2007 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for webbeeSend a Private Message to webbeeDirect Link to This Post
"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is probably not for you.”
--©McDuff's Bar, Norman's Cay, Bahamas
SC Coupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SC CoupeSend a Private Message to SC CoupeDirect Link to This Post
"Who in their right mind would send 363 tons of cash into a war zone? That's exactly what our government did." - Rep. Henry Waxman

"It's important to be fiscally sound and fiscally responsible with your money" - G.W. Bush

“A billion here and a billion there, and pretty soon you're talking real money." - Sen. Everett Dirksen

[This message has been edited by SC Coupe (edited 02-09-2007).]

SC Coupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SC CoupeSend a Private Message to SC CoupeDirect Link to This Post

SC Coupe

987 posts
Member since Apr 2002
Failing to plan is planning to fail. - Alan Lakein
FIERO1985

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2007 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO1985Send a Private Message to FIERO1985Direct Link to This Post
For God so loved the world that he gave his only son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.
- John 3:16
SC Coupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2007 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SC CoupeSend a Private Message to SC CoupeDirect Link to This Post
“It’s healthy to criticize the CIA’s intelligence. What the people in the Pentagon were doing was right. It was good government.” - Doug Feith, former undersecretary of Defense for Policy, defending "alternative intelligence"

[This message has been edited by SC Coupe (edited 02-12-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
webbee

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2007 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for webbeeSend a Private Message to webbeeDirect Link to This Post
"If you can't beat 'em, form a joint venture."
--Author unknown
evelyn dick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2007 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for evelyn dickSend a Private Message to evelyn dickDirect Link to This Post
"Relax in the ignorance of your home as man destroys mankind" -Dick Lucas

------------------

If you can read this... I'm parked.

Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2007 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." ~ Norman Schwarzkopf

"Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom." ~ Albert Einstein

"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid." ~ Dwight D. Eisenhower

"What we see depends mainly on what we look for." ~ John Lubbock

"Your attitude is an expression of your values, beliefs and expectations." ~ Brian Tracy
SC Coupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2007 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SC CoupeSend a Private Message to SC CoupeDirect Link to This Post
"Chicken-hawkism is the belief that advocating a war from afar is a sign of personal courage and strength, and that opposing a war from afar is a sign of personal cowardice and weakness. A "chicken hawk" is someone who not merely advocates a war, but believes that their advocacy is proof of the courage which those who will actually fight the war in combat require." - Glenn Greenwald

"What a cruel thing is war: to separate and destroy families and friends, and mar the purest joys and happiness God has granted us in this world; to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors, and to devastate the fair face of this beautiful world." - Gen .Robert E. Lee

"Liberty and democracy become unholy when their hands are dyed red with innocent blood." - Mahatma Gandhi

[This message has been edited by SC Coupe (edited 02-12-2007).]

webbee

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2007 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for webbeeSend a Private Message to webbeeDirect Link to This Post
"Those who do not learn from history are condemned to re-live it"
--George Santayana
Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2007 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post
"Hey dickheads, cut it out." - God

[This message has been edited by Taijiguy (edited 03-05-2007).]

ThePyroFreak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2007 07:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ThePyroFreakSend a Private Message to ThePyroFreakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by webbee:

"Those who do not learn from history are condemned to re-live it"
--George Santayana

And that is the reason to have history class hahhahaha
webbee

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2007 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for webbeeSend a Private Message to webbeeDirect Link to This Post
Life is not holding a good hand; Life is playing a poor hand well.
--Danish proverb
texasfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2007 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroDirect Link to This Post
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -- Plato
webbee

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2007 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for webbeeSend a Private Message to webbeeDirect Link to This Post
"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it away."
--Thomas Jefferson
PFF
System Bot
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2007 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
The founders of the American republic were unambiguous in rejecting any hint of military supremacy. Under the Constitution, military leaders take their orders from civilian leaders, who are subject in turn to the judgment of ordinary voters. Those who wear the uniform in wartime are entitled to their countrymen's esteem and lasting gratitude. But for well over two centuries, Americans have insisted that when it comes to security and defense policy, soldiers and veterans get no more of a say than anyone else.
You don't need medical training to express an opinion on healthcare. You don't have to be on the police force to comment on matters of law and order. You don't have to be a parent or a teacher or a graduate to be heard on the educational controversies of the day. You don't have to be a journalist to comment on this or any other column.

And whether you have fought for your country or never had that honor, you have every right to weigh in on questions of war and peace. Those who cackle ``Chicken hawk!" are not making an argument. They are merely trying to stifle one, and deserve to be ignored.

~ Jeff Jacoby
fogglethorpe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 158
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2007 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fogglethorpeSend a Private Message to fogglethorpeDirect Link to This Post
“Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning." -Psalms 30:5
SC Coupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2007 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SC CoupeSend a Private Message to SC CoupeDirect Link to This Post
"To those on the other side of the aisle who are opposed, I ask you the same questions that my gunner asked me when I was leading a convoy up and down Ambush Alley one day. He said, ‘Sir, what are we doing over here? What’s our mission? When are these Iraqis going to come off the sidelines and fight for their own country?’ So to my colleagues across the aisle - your taunts about supporting our troops ring hollow if you are still unable to answer those questions now four years later."

-- Rep. Patrick Murphy, debating the Iraq Accountability Act
webbee

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2007 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for webbeeSend a Private Message to webbeeDirect Link to This Post
Hey, let's be careful out there!
--Sergeant Phil Esterhaus
Phranc

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
User Banned

Report this Post04-02-2007 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancDirect Link to This Post
Two hands working do infinatly more then ten thousand clasped in prayer.

You can wish for it or work for it. Only one of those paths will reach your goal.
Both by me.
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2007 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
Your soldiers are working their hardest. Be strong and persistent in your faith with us. Sadr's militia is desperate, so they are dangerous, but keep this in perspective. The pessimists would have you believe this is a disaster. Don't listen. I think some of them believe their reputations require our failure because they have been so negative. Eliminating Sadr's threat is part of the mission. We are further ensuring the liberation of the Iraqi people. This has to be done, and we are doing it.

Don't be seduced by those who would rather that we sit back and just enjoy the freedoms past generations of Americans have sacrificed to gain for us. This is our time to earn it. I remember President Bush saying after the September 11th attacks: "The commitment of our Fathers is now the calling of our time."

~ U.S. Army Specialist Joe Roche, an adjunct fellow of The National Center for Public Policy Research is on active duty in Iraq, serving with the 16th Engineering Battalion of the 1st Armored Division. This essay is taken from a longer letter written by the author based on notes he made while on combat missions against Sadr's forces. The entire letter is available online at http://www.nationalcenter.o...-in-iraq-i-ask.html.
texasfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2007 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroDirect Link to This Post
"This nation has placed its destiny in the hands and heads and hearts of its millions of free men and women; and its faith in freedom under the guidance of God. Freedom means the supremacy of human rights everywhere. Our support goes to those who struggle to gain those rights or keep them. Our strength is our unity of purpose.

To that high concept there can be no end save victory."

Excerpt from Franklin D. Roosevelt's Address to Congress January 6, 1941.

[This message has been edited by texasfiero (edited 04-02-2007).]

Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2007 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
"A free society is one where it is safe to be unpopular." ~ Adlai Stevenson

webbee

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2007 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for webbeeSend a Private Message to webbeeDirect Link to This Post
"Our government has kept us in a perpetual state of fear -- kept us in a continuous stampede of patriotic fervor -- with the cry of grave national emergency. Always, there has been some terrible evil at home, or some monstrous foreign power that was going to gobble us up if we did not blindly rally behind it."
--General Douglas MacArthur
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 30 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock