Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Quotes. (Page 15)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 30 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30 
Previous Page | Next Page
Quotes. by 84Bill
Started on: 10-13-2004 03:34 AM
Replies: 1165
Last post by: Boondawg on 04-24-2011 01:01 AM
D B Cooper

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2007 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D B CooperSend a Private Message to D B CooperDirect Link to This Post
"That, kids, is the definition of irony" - Adam Savage (when the mythbusters' scale model Hindenburg caught fire prematurely)
IP: Logged
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

An original quote by Ray B

water falls out of the air
thats called rain

ThePyroFreak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThePyroFreakSend a Private Message to ThePyroFreakDirect Link to This Post
"Death is the release of all pain and complete cessation, neyond which our suffering will not extend. It will return us to that condition of tranquility, which we enjoyed before we were born. Should anyone mourn the deceased, then he must also mourn the unborn. Death is neither good nor evil, for good or evil can only be something that actually exists. However, whatever is of itseld nothing and which transformseverythiing eles into nothing will not at all be able to put us at the mercy of Fate." Seneca (4 B.C. - 65 A.D.)

this is just one of those quotes that kinda just changes ur day if not life you start to see death in a different way. I kno that it did mine i saw this quote at body worlds (place is awsome but that is another thread) we probally can all relate if some one close has died my aunt just past (RIP Auntie 10:47 p.m. 11/29/06)

------------------
RIDE AND DRIVE FOR ALL THE STAKES
www.myspace.com/connor31092

ThePyroFreak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThePyroFreakSend a Private Message to ThePyroFreakDirect Link to This Post

ThePyroFreak

134 posts
Member since Oct 2006
"Poor me *turns up the whiny emo music and gets out the dull razors*"

FieroGT42

[This message has been edited by ThePyroFreak (edited 01-16-2007).]

SC Coupe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2007 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SC CoupeSend a Private Message to SC CoupeDirect Link to This Post
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
- Sir Winston Churchill
webbee

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2007 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for webbeeSend a Private Message to webbeeDirect Link to This Post
“The real rulers in Washington are invisible and exercise power from behind the scenes.”
-- Justice Felix Frankfurter
fogglethorpe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 158
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2007 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fogglethorpeSend a Private Message to fogglethorpeDirect Link to This Post
"I'm too sexy for my shirt
too sexy for my shirt
so sexy, yeah, it hurts" -Right Said Fred

------------------
Who is John Galt?

Jermz238

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2007 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jermz238Send a Private Message to Jermz238Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84Bill:
"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember it or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln, 1838

LOL

so sayeth "honest Abe" less than 3 decades before he decides people shouldnt have the right to be dissatisfied with the government
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2007 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
“If I want to knock a story off the front page, I just change my hairstyle.”

“Many of you are well enough off that the tax cuts may have helped you. We're saying that for America to get back on track, we're probably going to cut that short and not give it to you. We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good.”

“I'm not going to have some reporters pawing through our papers We are the president.”

“Every nation has to either be with us, or against us. Those who harbor terrorists, or who finance them, are going to pay a price.”

“give those heathen a little taste of hell.”

-Hillary Clinton
Jermz238

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2007 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jermz238Send a Private Message to Jermz238Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

“If I want to knock a story off the front page, I just change my hairstyle.”

“Many of you are well enough off that the tax cuts may have helped you. We're saying that for America to get back on track, we're probably going to cut that short and not give it to you. We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good.”

“I'm not going to have some reporters pawing through our papers We are the president.”

“Every nation has to either be with us, or against us. Those who harbor terrorists, or who finance them, are going to pay a price.”

“give those heathen a little taste of hell.”

-Hillary Clinton

sounds like someone i want for my leader.

i laughed at the "with us or against us" one. there ARE NO SHADES OF GREY haha

the tax one is good too. "for the greater good". reminds me of the Tau empire
webbee

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for webbeeSend a Private Message to webbeeDirect Link to This Post
"When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon."
- -Thomas Paine
PFF
System Bot
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
"The sum of your life is the Result of your Actions. The Actions you take are determined by how you Feel. How you Feel is determined by what you Think. And what you Think is re-inforced by the Results of your life. Think positive and positive results will come. Think negative and your life will be **** . It's your choice." - annonymous
webbee

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2007 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for webbeeSend a Private Message to webbeeDirect Link to This Post
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-- George Orwell
fogglethorpe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2007 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fogglethorpeSend a Private Message to fogglethorpeDirect Link to This Post
"Everyone has a right to speak. No one has a right to be heard." -fogglethorpe

------------------
Who is John Galt?

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2007 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
"opinions are like a-holes, everybody has them and they all stink!"
"violence is an expression of sexual frustration" <--- Dr. Ruth
SC Coupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2007 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SC CoupeSend a Private Message to SC CoupeDirect Link to This Post
"The most effective answer to this leadership vacuum would be a new era of political activism by ordinary citizens. The biggest, most far-reaching changes of the past century — the labor movement, the civil rights movement, the women’s movement — were not primarily the result of elective politics, but rather the hard work of committed citizen-activists fed up with the status quo. It’s time for thoughtful citizens to turn off their TVs and step into the public arena. Protest. Attend meetings. Circulate petitions. Run for office. I suspect the public right now is way ahead of the politicians when it comes to ideas about creating a more peaceful, more equitable, more intelligent society."

- Bob Herbert
wriott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2007 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wriottSend a Private Message to wriottDirect Link to This Post
i dont remember who said these...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war."

"What you do tomorrow cant fix today, what you do today fixes tomorrow."
fogglethorpe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2007 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fogglethorpeSend a Private Message to fogglethorpeDirect Link to This Post
"Wow....this place has more nuts than the Democratic National Convention!" -fogglethorpe, in the bulk food store

------------------
Who is John Galt?

Wolfhound

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2007 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post
Dick Cheney in April 1991, then Defense Secretary:

"If you're going to go in and try to topple Saddam Hussein,you have to go to Baghdad. Once you've got Baghdad, it's not clear what you do with it. It's not clear what kind of government you would put in place of the one that's currently there now. Is it going to be a Shia regime, a Sunni regime or a Kurdish regime? Or one that tilts toward the Baathists, or one that tilts toward the Islamic fundamentalists?

How much credibility is that government going to have if it's set up by the United States military when it's there? How long does the United States military have to stay to protect the people that sign on for that government, and what happens to it once we leave?"
webbee

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2007 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for webbeeSend a Private Message to webbeeDirect Link to This Post
"We will export death and violence to the four corners of the earth ..."
--George W. Bush
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2007 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by webbee:

"We will export death and violence to the four corners of the earth ..."
--George W. Bush

...in defence of our great nation.'

--George W. Bush
PFF
System Bot
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2007 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fogglethorpe:

"Wow....this place has more nuts than the Democratic National Convention!" -fogglethorpe, in the bulk food store

LOL

SC Coupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2007 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SC CoupeSend a Private Message to SC CoupeDirect Link to This Post
"Why should we hear about body bags and deaths? It's not relevant. So why should I waste my beautiful mind on something like that?" - Barbara Bush
SC Coupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2007 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SC CoupeSend a Private Message to SC CoupeDirect Link to This Post
This is the crime of which I assuse my country and my countrymen, and for which neither I nor time nor history will ever forgive them, that they have destroyed and are destroying hundreds of thousands of lives and do not know it and do not want to know it.

- James Baldwin
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2007 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mtncrasher:

"A good friend will bail you out of jail...a great friend will be right next to you and say.."Damn that was fun"

Unknown

Speaking from experience, thats not true. I was saying "You dumb ****"
webbee

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2007 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for webbeeSend a Private Message to webbeeDirect Link to This Post
"SEVEN BLUNDERS OF THE WORLD"

1. Wealth without work

2. Pleasure without conscience

3. Knowledge without character

4. Commerce without morality

5. Science without humanity

6. Worship without sacrifice

7. Politics without principle

--Mahatma Gandhi
Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2007 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post
Stalkers and Shooters A History of Snipers Author Kevin Dockery

Staff Sergeant O------ One of the things that frustrated me about being in Iraq was that this was a global war on terror, and they make specific use of the word "war." Okay, when I hear the word "war" and the United States being at war, I think back to our grandparents in World War II. Back then, the country mobilized. You had that solider who asked Rumsfeld why did he have to dig in the garage to find armor to get his Humvee across the border. Okay, so it was a setup question by a sneaky reporter looking to embarrass Rumsfeld. But we're at war. Why can't we shut down a civilian Humvee plant line and just mass produce armored Humvees if that's what's needed to be successful at this war? It's not that I'm suggesting that we go back to rationing like we did during World War II. But at some point, you have to commit to the action you undertaken. And I didn't feel like we were committed to what we were trying to do, because there were still a little bit of half @$$ed efforts going on. And that was a little frustrating
SC Coupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2007 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SC CoupeSend a Private Message to SC CoupeDirect Link to This Post
The poor man who is currently our president has reached such a point of befuddlement that he thinks stem cell research is the same as taking human lives, but that 40,000 dead Iraqi civilians are progress toward democracy," - Molly Ivins, 1944-2006

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2007 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
"Let me give you a little inside information about God. God likes to watch. He's a prankster. Think about it. He gives man instincts. He gives you this extraordinary gift, and then what does He do, I swear for His own amusement, his own private, cosmic gag reel, He sets the rules in opposition. It's the goof of all time. Look but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste. Taste, don't swallow. Ahaha. And while you're jumpin' from one foot to the next, what is he doing? He's laughin' His sick, f**kin' a$$ off! He's a tight-a$$! He's a SADIST! He's an absentee landlord! Worship that? NEVER!" <---John Milton (al pacino), Devil's advocate
SC Coupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2007 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SC CoupeSend a Private Message to SC CoupeDirect Link to This Post
"We are the people who run this country. We are the deciders. And every single day, every single one of us needs to step outside and take some action to help stop this war." - Molly Ivins
SC Coupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2007 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SC CoupeSend a Private Message to SC CoupeDirect Link to This Post

SC Coupe

987 posts
Member since Apr 2002
"Why were you elected? If you want a safe job, go sell shoes." - Sen. Chuck Hagel
PFF
System Bot
Phranc

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
User Banned

Report this Post02-01-2007 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancDirect Link to This Post
From A random forum post:

What? What do you mean can elves be evil? The Drow are evil and so are those damn Keebler elves. Little bastards may be cute but they gave me dibetes. So yeah I'd say there are evil elves.
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2007 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by webbee:

"SEVEN BLUNDERS OF THE WORLD"

1. Wealth without work

2. Pleasure without conscience

3. Knowledge without character

4. Commerce without morality

5. Science without humanity

6. Worship without sacrifice

7. Politics without principle

--Mahatma Gandhi

hmmm, I didn't know Gandhi knew John Kerry?!

Anyway,

To Saddam:
"Nations, like individuals, are punished for their transgressions." ~ Ulysses S. Grant

To all those for whom a blog passes as wisdom:
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." ~ Marcus Aurelius

To CBS "news" a note and a word of advise:
"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." ~ George Orwell

To MoveOn.org:
"It is unpatriotic not to tell the truth, whether about the president or anyone else." ~ Theodore Roosevelt

To those who forget that the terrorists started the war on terror:
"Look at you in war...There has never been a just one, never an honorable one, on the part of the instigator of the war." ~ Mark Twain

To the 3000+ Americans who made the ultimate sacrifice in defence of freedom:
"Thank You America" ~ 50 million former slaves in the Middle East

that's 16,667 freed slaves per soldier...not a bad epitaph by any standard.

[This message has been edited by Toddster (edited 02-01-2007).]

webbee

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2007 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for webbeeSend a Private Message to webbeeDirect Link to This Post
The measure of a man is what happens when nothing works and you got the guts to go on.
--Tex Cobb, boxer and actor.
SC Coupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2007 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SC CoupeSend a Private Message to SC CoupeDirect Link to This Post
`"My view of winning is that we are broadly on track to accomplishing our objectives, with Iraqi security forces that are capable of maintaining domestic order and denying Iraq as a safe haven for terror. I believe we are on track to get there by December of 2005." - Gen. George Casey, 2004

"I do not believe that the current policy has failed." -Gen. George Casey, 2006

"America supplying more troops while Iraqi leaders simply supply more promises is not a recipe for success in Iraq.''
- Sen. Carl Levin, 2006

"We have a failed policy, and we are not winning."
- Sen. John McCain, 2006
SC Coupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2007 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SC CoupeSend a Private Message to SC CoupeDirect Link to This Post

SC Coupe

987 posts
Member since Apr 2002
"It takes a very special kind of combat coward to advocate combat for others." -Lawrence O'Donnell
SC Coupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2007 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SC CoupeSend a Private Message to SC CoupeDirect Link to This Post

SC Coupe

987 posts
Member since Apr 2002
"You have to internationalize the problem. You have to attack it diplomatically, geo-strategically."
- Gen. John P. Abizaid, former Senior Commander in the Middle East
webbee

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2007 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for webbeeSend a Private Message to webbeeDirect Link to This Post
Real heroes are men who fall and fail and are flawed, but win out in the end because they've stayed true to their ideals and beliefs and commitments.
--Kevin Costner
SC Coupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2007 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SC CoupeSend a Private Message to SC CoupeDirect Link to This Post
“In politics, never retreat, never retract. Never admit a mistake.” - Napoleon Bonaparte
SC Coupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2007 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SC CoupeSend a Private Message to SC CoupeDirect Link to This Post

SC Coupe

987 posts
Member since Apr 2002
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 30 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock