Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  $$$$$$$$$$$$$ WOW! More updates on Fiero GT Tail light lens!!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ (Page 9)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
$$$$$$$$$$$$$ WOW! More updates on Fiero GT Tail light lens!!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ by kgoodyear
Started on: 05-10-2018 07:33 PM
Replies: 1147 (65806 views)
Last post by: kgoodyear on 10-17-2022 03:55 PM
kgoodyear

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2018 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by alex de jorge:

Please, say they are going to be ready for Christmas. That would be a great gift indeed.

I wish I could say they are going to be ready for Christmas but I'm sorry but we have challenges that must be addressed:
--- There is very small but aggravating anomaly that is REALLY causing problems. Our team and others are working to resolve it. It HAS to be fixed.
--- There are some business practices I MUST have in place before I will pull the trigger on production.

Believe me when I say I want these lenses in production as soon and as much as you want them. Every day I am spending investment capital and not receiving it. Every day we address business practices and quality assurance issues. I'll tell you right now, even if I could, I will not distribute an inferior product or anything that would threaten my business, investment capitol or disappoint a Finicky Fiero Fan.

------------------
Goody

The beauty of a solution lies in its simplicity

IP: Logged
87_FieroGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2018 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87_FieroGTSend a Private Message to 87_FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kgoodyear:

I wish I could say they are going to be ready for Christmas but I'm sorry but we have challenges that must be addressed:
--- There is very small but aggravating anomaly that is REALLY causing problems. Our team and others are working to resolve it. It HAS to be fixed.
--- There are some business practices I MUST have in place before I will pull the trigger on production.

Believe me when I say I want these lenses in production as soon and as much as you want them. Every day I am spending investment capital and not receiving it. Every day we address business practices and quality assurance issues. I'll tell you right now, even if I could, I will not distribute an inferior product or anything that would threaten my business, investment capitol or disappoint a Finicky Fiero Fan.

Thank you sir. I'm ready to buy when you're ready to sell.

------------------

1988 Pontiac Fiero GT, Black w/Beechwood interior
2017 Hyundai Veloster

[This message has been edited by 87_FieroGT (edited 11-22-2018).]

hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2018 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw George and it looked like he was hinting at some thing.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2018 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hercimer01:

I saw George and it looked like he was hinting at some thing.

Yes, I found out he got on my computer while I was gone. I think .......George was just trying to help but I let him know it might be best to run posts by me first.

BUT--.......George not being one to not enjoy a holiday got together with his buddies last night and well, I snapped this picture on my phone.

[This message has been edited by kgoodyear (edited 11-22-2018).]

hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2018 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Happy Thankgiving!
alex de jorge

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2018 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for alex de jorgeSend a Private Message to alex de jorgeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No biggie. I am glad and thankful this is being done. I prefer quality above all else.

Thanks

Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2018 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes, I found out he got on my computer while I was gone. I think .......George was just trying to help but I let him know it might be best to run posts by me first.

BUT--.......George not being one to not enjoy a holiday got together with his buddies last night and well, I snapped this picture on my phone.

LOL!

That's great!

railshot

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2018 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well that would explain the text message and picture I got from someone named "George", and why I could not find my black cat Shadow that night.

Here is the picture in the text message from "George"....

And it explains this one of Shadow the next day...……

Heheh, yea though I walk through the shadow of no fieroiness, I shall keep supporting what thy doest!
Keep on keeping on!

Free bump and a chuckle I hope.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2018 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2018 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Out of curiosity, how scratch resistant are these lenses?
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2018 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Our tests focus on impact resistance and not scratch resistance. Other than our normal handling, which isn't delicate by any stretch of imagination, there can be very fine scratches where they have been skidded across the cement floor.

I have several lenses around the house here (T1s and T2s) I have been working with and I deliberately don't treat them gently but probably more roughly then the way an end user would treat theirs. I checked over three or four of them and did not find any significant scratches under these "normal use" conditions.

Research shows PC has a very high impact resistance but a lower scratch resistance. There are however, several treatments you can purchase that what properly applied can make the surface the same hardness as glass. http://www.exceliteplas.net...-sheet-from-scratch/ I have also seen a product called F11 that did a fine job of protecting not only PC but the rest of your car.

------------------
Goody

PFF
System Bot
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2018 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great news on the T3 lenses!

We finally have the anomoly under control and can finally proceed on to our next challenge.

------------------
Goody

hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2018 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
YAYYYY!!!!!!!
wgpierce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2018 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wgpierceSend a Private Message to wgpierceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope the decoration sticks
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2018 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ohhhh it'll stick
vitog44

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2018 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vitog44Send a Private Message to vitog44Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2018 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2018 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Crap, shadow thought there was only one!
He must have missed George somehow?

Heheh, this is getting close from what I can tell.

Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2018 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Aaaaa this is so exciting! PROGRESS.

Bring em on I can't wait to give you my money!!!

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2018 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2018 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ohhhh... C'mon! Stop teasing!
PFF
System Bot
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2018 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No teasing here! While we are waiting on squeaky wheels we thought you might want a sample of custom decorating for your new lenses. Custom decorating costs more and will depend on the complexity of the design. The same person that decorates the OEM decoration does the custom decorating so it must pass the same quality assurance for that final personalized look.

------------------
Goody

hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2018 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now I know where this comes from!

[This message has been edited by hercimer01 (edited 12-21-2018).]

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2018 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hercimer01:

Now I know where this comes from!

Well not really. Though it is close my tag is "The beauty of a solution lies in its simplicity." The phase I thought of in a sleepless night many years ago. Thanfully, the phase is simple enough I am sure others have come to the same conclusion using different words. A simple solution.

------------------
Goody

jon m

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2018 05:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I have missed a lot as I haven't been on here for probably 2 years.
can someone update me on what is happening as my time is limited.

Now what I can remember on gt lenses is the following;

miss lori fiero - which I believe went pear shaped.
Another forum member was almost ready to get them done but was taken ill.
Then someone who worked at a plastics company (I think) started to do the lenses but I think due to budgets people got tired of excuses etc.

So I visited the site today and saw this thread on the elusive Gt tail light lenses.

Merry Xmas to you all
Jon
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2018 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jon m:

Then someone who worked at a plastics company (I think) started to do the lenses but I think due to budgets people got tired of excuses etc.

So I visited the site today and saw this thread on the elusive Gt tail light lenses.

Merry Xmas to you all
Jon

This one looks more promising than previous attempts... though the thread is probably a lot more lengthy than it needs to be so you may have skimmed over most of it. Hopefully the next post will be a finished product ready for sale- not much point in sending us teasers until then.

There were a lot of naysayers (me among them), as commissioning and proving out an injection mold is not a simple or cheap exercise, but this vendor seems to have walked the talk, and hopefully will quickly recoup his investment and turn a well deserved profit.

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2018 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mr Cam-a-lot has most everything right. Actually we could start production today, however, this decision is not up to me. While I still hope to make a profit I remain committed to my Frugal Fiero Friends to keep them affordable and run my company in a way that protects my business, the buyer and a sizeable investment.

------------------
Goody

[This message has been edited by kgoodyear (edited 12-23-2018).]

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2018 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

kgoodyear

808 posts
Member since Apr 2014

Originally posted by jon m:

Merry Xmas to you all
Jon

If you take a little time to look over the thead you will see a timeline that is informitive and sometimes amusing. There were several other threads concerning the project that were abandon for this thread. You can get a pretty good overview of what the process has been to date.

------------------
Goody

[This message has been edited by kgoodyear (edited 12-23-2018).]

elitopr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2018 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for elitoprClick Here to visit elitopr's HomePageSend a Private Message to elitoprEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
interesting!!!
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2018 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero GT owners:

A couple of months ago we had to get GM involved to use the “Pontiac” logo on the Fiero GT tail light lenses. This added several layers of complexity to the project and significantly delayed production of the lenses.

Currently we have a beautiful set of decorated lenses made from the T3s so our production/QA process is solid. We could actually go into production right now but cannot because we are still working to satisfy GM’s requirements before they give us a license. This permission comes with royalty fees and a contract.

The issues we are encountering aren’t surprising and quite manageable.

It has been over three decades since this valuable part has been made available so please be patient while GM does what they feel they must and we respond accordingly.

Regards

Keith Goodyear
manager BellyAcreStudios LLC

------------------
Goody

Easy8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2018 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Easy8Send a Private Message to Easy8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While I completly understand the whole issue and feel for you attempting to reslove it here is my take on it.

SCREW EM!!!

Not only did this company kill our beloved car when it was selling well.. they killed the whole brand. Now they want money from these cars and brand. Just something wrong with that.

Now back to reality, good luck with them and thier lawyers...
PFF
System Bot
msweldon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2018 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for msweldonSend a Private Message to msweldonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Could people who want a custom set of tail lights pay/receive those before the GM license is secured?
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2018 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is the problem: if we pull the trigger on production and GM pulls the plug I am stuck with 1000 sets of lenses and my capital goes down the tube. The lenses we are working with now at T series lenses and not intended for distribution.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2018 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

kgoodyear

808 posts
Member since Apr 2014

Originally posted by Easy8:

While I completly understand the whole issue and feel for you attempting to reslove it here is my take on it.

SCREW EM!!!

Not only did this company kill our beloved car when it was selling well.. they killed the whole brand. Now they want money from these cars and brand. Just something wrong with that.

Now back to reality, good luck with them and thier lawyers...

Yeah, I had a few other thoughts but I could take a real hit if I got caught.

da.slyboy

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2018 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for da.slyboySend a Private Message to da.slyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I find it odd that license fees still apply to a company no longer in business ( past the 5 year support mark) I understand the parent company still holds the rights but don’t see the rights in general producing much profit for the paperwork involved. Wasn’t there a company that even bought the Pontiac name to reproduce newer Trans Ams at one time? I hope at least they don’t require too much in form of royalties and this is more of time investment instead. Definitely going to add my name to the list to show the others invested that this will be worth it. (Already have the money set aside
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2018 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had had a very lengthy talk with Keith on the phone. It has been a very bumpy road up to this point for sure! Through it all, he has persevered. His dedication to bring these to market is commendable. Even wen this thread seems quiet, and without updates, he and the whole team is moving forward continuously. There are a lot of things he just can not talk about. Be it for trade secrets, contracts, negotiations, and so many other things.

The scrutiny these lenses have went through by him is unbelievable. I hope I am not saying something he does not want me to.... but even right down to the microscopic level! Yes, along the way he found things at VERY high magnification that he made sure were corrected. Stuff you and I would have never spotted even up close with the naked eye.

The GM licensing is one more thing that will just take a little time and patience to see till the end. It unfortunately is something that has to be done, and there is no way around it unless they want to chance a lawsuit.

It the mean time, they are perfecting the lenses and the decorating of them with the prototypes.

My sincere thanks to Keith and the entire team the the countless time and effort it has taken to reproduce these lenses, for what I have seen, better than GM did to begin with!
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2018 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by da.slyboy:

I find it odd that license fees still apply to a company no longer in business ( past the 5 year support mark) I understand the parent company still holds the rights but don’t see the rights in general producing much profit for the paperwork involved. Wasn’t there a company that even bought the Pontiac name to reproduce newer Trans Ams at one time? I hope at least they don’t require too much in form of royalties and this is more of time investment instead. Definitely going to add my name to the list to show the others invested that this will be worth it. (Already have the money set aside

With all due respect my friend, you do not know what I know. I'll be looking for that order ok. ;o)
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2018 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its insane the lengths that GM goes to to get money from royalties. (and REALLY sad the amount of money they want) Does anyone else remember when plant 13 was demolished? Someone went onto the site and took a bunch of bricks from the piles of debris. They in-turn tried to sell some of those bricks as mementos of where the Fiero was built. They were quickly served papers from GM's lawyers.

So....... if GM is willing to sue over unmarked 100 year old used bricks, from what was honestly a garbage pile.... Just think of what they would do for something that has PONTIAC in huge letters on it, made for the back of one of their production cars.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 12-29-2018).]

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2018 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Its insane the lengths that GM goes to to get money from royalties. (and REALLY sad the amount of money they want) Does anyone else remember when plant 13 was demolished, someone went onto the site and took a bunch of bricks from the piles of debris. They in-turn tried to sell some of those bricks, and they were quickly served papers from GM's lawyers.

So....... if GM is willing to sue over unmarked 80 year old used bricks, from what was honestly a garbage pile.... Just think of what they would do for something that has PONTIAC in huge letters on it, made for the back of one of their production cars.

Sadly we are at the mercy of GM and their policies. When I try to speak to anyone about benefits I get a boatload of doublespeak. BUT, these are all things one has to anticipate as part of doing business--especially with a big company.
vitog44

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2018 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vitog44Send a Private Message to vitog44Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock