Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  $$$$$$$$$$$$$ WOW! More updates on Fiero GT Tail light lens!!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ (Page 6)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
$$$$$$$$$$$$$ WOW! More updates on Fiero GT Tail light lens!!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ by kgoodyear
Started on: 05-10-2018 07:33 PM
Replies: 1147 (65812 views)
Last post by: kgoodyear on 10-17-2022 03:55 PM
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2018 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jonathan Tate:

Two years ago at the Daytona show you told me personally that Dean GAVE you the tail lights.

Sorry to clutter the thread, but just want to address this and get the correct information out there.
I can honestly say, that I NEVER said that.... Dean to date has given me 2 wing stand seals, and a battery tray. I have given him numerous parts off of 2 different parts cars that I have had. Lastly, I did not get the tail lights from Dean at all.
Any further responses, please PM me, Email me, Call me, or start another thread. Lets not continue to clutter this thread with nonsense.

IP: Logged
kgoodyear

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2018 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here is some clarification on which is the OEM type lens.

------------------
Goody

The beauty of a solution lies in its simplicity

anaverin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2018 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for anaverinSend a Private Message to anaverinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been Getting some ideas, Like "FIE - RO" OR "FIER - O GT" That could be standard options, I would like to see custom decoorations become easy ordering options in the future @kgoodyear. How possible or is this?
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2018 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by anaverin:

Been Getting some ideas, Like "FIE - RO" OR "FIER - O GT" That could be standard options, I would like to see custom decoorations become easy ordering options in the future @kgoodyear. How possible or is this?

It would be pretty easy to do. Keep in mind each lens is decorated individually, Making a standard "custom" display is as simple as decorating the original. I would like to see people offer up some suggestions for their ideas. Keep in mind though, if you share your design it is no longer "unique".

------------------
Goody

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2018 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

kgoodyear

808 posts
Member since Apr 2014

.......George wanted me to put this out there for you guys.

------------------
Goody

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2018 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good kgoodyear, congrats.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2018 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Also remember the TINY little bit of light bleed I pointed out at the top of the lenses. That is more a "decorating thing" than something with the tool I would think.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2018 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Also remember the TINY little bit of light bleed I pointed out at the top of the lenses. That is more a "decorating thing" than something with the tool I would think.

Yeah, that is a decorating issue we will handle stateside. It was also fun meeting you at the 35th.

anaverin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2018 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for anaverinSend a Private Message to anaverinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would happily share my design. Who will help move decorating from idea to product? do you have a man for that?
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2018 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I would happily share my design. Who will help move decorating from idea to product? do you have a man for that?

Yes I do. David my project lead can help you with that, david@rpmproto.com

If you are willing to share your designs we would surely be interested in showing it on the thread.

------------------
Goody

anaverin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2018 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for anaverinSend a Private Message to anaverinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking Doing FIER - O GT like this. The top is a sencil for the PON TIAC from Paul at Fierosails.com https://drive.google.com/fi...GVJ/view?usp=sharing

------------------
86 SE FASTBACK T-TOPS
88 FORMULA 4.9
87 GT MEDIUM RED METALLIC stockish

EMAIL : Anaverin@gmail.com

PFF
System Bot
anaverin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2018 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for anaverinSend a Private Message to anaverinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

anaverin

435 posts
Member since Aug 2002
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2018 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here is a mock up in photo shop
https://drive.google.com/fi...Bw/view?usp=drivesdk

That is sooooo cool! For those of us with GTP swaps we could put a P on the end there.

If you want the original font, it is called "Good Times". Here is where you get it: https://www.dafont.com/good-times.font

[This message has been edited by kgoodyear (edited 08-17-2018).]

anaverin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2018 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for anaverinSend a Private Message to anaverinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's helpful! I didn't have the font I was just making it up.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post08-18-2018 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Count me in for a set.

Lurking since inception. Thank you for all that you have done. What an inspirational moment for this community. NOT stirring, but you should have seen this place ten years ago.

Enjoy...
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2018 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Count me in for a set.

Lurking since inception. Thank you for all that you have done. What an inspirational moment for this community. NOT stirring, but you should have seen this place ten years ago.

Enjoy...

Thanks for the great feedback feel free to place a preorder so we can get you in the queue for when we start to thip

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2018 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saw this product at the 35th. Really nice. Hope people here support this. Not many out there going through so much to create products for our cars. Thank you!
lou

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2018 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for louSend a Private Message to louEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex4mula:

Saw this product at the 35th. Really nice. Hope people here support this. Not many out there going through so much to create products for our cars. Thank you!

I second that. As a community we need to support these vendors who put a huge amount of time, money and effort into a much needed product.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2018 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for all your support. I make sure these wonderful messages are meant for not just me, but the whole team because without them, i would just have the need for a set of taillight lenses.
Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2018 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a quick order process question.

I sent an e-mail to the specified address asking to be put on the pre-order list, but I never heard anything back.

Is there a way of knowing that it was received and I am indeed in the queue ?

Thanks

Rich
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2018 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Richjk21:

Just a quick order process question.

I sent an e-mail to the specified address asking to be put on the pre-order list, but I never heard anything back.

Is there a way of knowing that it was received and I am indeed in the queue ?

Thanks

Rich

All fixed up. Rich's order is in the queue. You should always receive an email when I place you in the queue. If you don't, contact be through PM and we will try and figure out the problem.
PFF
System Bot
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2018 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
jc8367

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2018 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jc8367Send a Private Message to jc8367Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I’d like to be added to the que as well.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2018 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jc8367:

I’d like to be added to the que as well.

Thank you for all your interest in the lenses but PLEASE do not use this forum to place orders. That is not the purpose of this venue. The forum is for discussion, constructive input, concerns and progress reports NOT for placing orders. Through out the thread George has placed instruction on how to make preorders.

Thank you.
------------------
Goody

[This message has been edited by kgoodyear (edited 08-22-2018).]

railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2018 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let me see if I have the pre-order process correct:

Send an email to keith.goodyear@bellyacrestudios.com
Select from the following options...…

Clear = Just the lens cover with absolutely no decorations, just the clear lens.

Clear Decorated = Replacement type lens, decorated with OEM type decorating.

Tinted = As above clear (no OEM decoration) but with a tint.

Tinted Decorated = Tinted lens, but with the OEM type decorating.

Clear Custom Decorated = Clear lens, but with my special decoration (additional cost for custom decorating).

Tinted Custom Decorated = A tinted lens, with my special decoration (additional cost for custom decorating).

Add the quantity I want to buy, my name, address and phone number. When you receive my preorder, I will receive a confirming email then sit back and when the lenses are ready for us, you will contact us by email to set up the purchase and shipping.

Correct?

Edit: Probably a good idea to put in the subject line "GT Lenses".

[This message has been edited by railshot (edited 08-22-2018).]

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2018 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by railshot:

Let me see if I have the pre-order process correct:

Send an email to keith.goodyear@bellyacrestudios.com
Select from the following options...…

Clear = Just the lens cover with absolutely no decorations, just the clear lens.

Clear Decorated = Replacement type lens, decorated with OEM type decorating.

Tinted = As above clear (no OEM decoration) but with a tint.

Tinted Decorated = Tinted lens, but with the OEM type decorating.

Clear Custom Decorated = Clear lens, but with my special decoration (additional cost for custom decorating).

Tinted Custom Decorated = A tinted lens, with my special decoration (additional cost for custom decorating).

Add the quantity I want to buy, my name, address and phone number. When you receive my preorder, I will receive a confirming email then sit back and when the lenses are ready for us, you will contact us by email to set up the purchase and shipping.

Correct?

Edit: Probably a good idea to put in the subject line "GT Lenses".

Thanks Railshot !

You got it!

I like the descriptions you added to the options. That is helpful. Now when are YOU going to place YOUR order huh????

------------------
Goody

railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2018 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kgoodyear:
Thanks Railshot !

You got it!

I like the descriptions you added to the options. That is helpful. Now when are YOU going to place YOUR order huh????

Crap, I have totally forgot about doing that LOL...…

Hey, I am old and senile!

Pre-order sent today.

[This message has been edited by railshot (edited 08-22-2018).]

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2018 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

George heard it right! Leonard let me know we are going to have T2 lenses here in 10-14 days!

------------------
Goody

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2018 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm about ready.
Before I send the email... Are there any examples of the tinted lenses? I'd like to see how dark the tint will be. (Sorry.. If you had some at the 35th. Unfortunately, I wasn't there.)

Also, regarding the customizations... Will your artist be able to work from a photo? I'm not sure what font the Formula script used. (Not the Fiero Formula font. The later "stylized" script.)
I also recognize that there may be some issues, spreading a script emblem across the center seam. If so, I may have to do something else - like a smaller script on just one lens - or I may just opt for no lettering at all.

Thanks!

To refresh you...

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 08-26-2018).]

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2018 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

I'm about ready.
Before I send the email... Are there any examples of the tinted lenses? I'd like to see how dark the tint will be. (Sorry.. If you had some at the 35th. Unfortunately, I wasn't there.)

Also, regarding the customizations... Will your artist be able to work from a photo? I'm not sure what font the Formula script used. (Not the Fiero Formula font. The later "stylized" script.)
I also recognize that there may be some issues, spreading a script emblem across the center seam. If so, I may have to do something else - like a smaller script on just one lens - or I may just opt for no lettering at all.

Thanks!

Raydar,

I would like to suggest you work directly with David though by all means keep us updated on the progress.

Here is David's email address david@rpmproto.com.

------------------
Goody

[This message has been edited by kgoodyear (edited 08-26-2018).]

Christine

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2018 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sent an email with my order, looking forward to getting new better than OEM lenses for my GT.

Thank you for making for us,
Christine
PFF
System Bot
Spiders1

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2018 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Spiders1Send a Private Message to Spiders1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I’ve been out of the loop for a while.

What was the final price on these lens?

------------------
86 GT 3.8 Twin-charged 5 speed FWD Getrag 3.92 gear swap

91 GMC Syclone 20k original miles

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2018 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lenses are meant for off road use and sold only in pairs. We estimate the cost to be $400 USD + applicable taxes and shipping costs. Preorders are recommended. Look back in previous posts and you will find entries where .......George will help you with the instructions.

------------------
Goody

[This message has been edited by kgoodyear (edited 08-28-2018).]

Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2018 05:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kgoodyear:

I would like to suggest you work directly with David though by all means keep us updated on the progress.

Gotcha! Thank you.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2018 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is the decoration bonded to the lens, or just painted on?
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2018 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I can put it in a vector format David would for sure be able to work with but splitting that text and having it look good would definitely be a problem.

[This message has been edited by jmbishop (edited 08-30-2018).]

David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2018 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm about ready.

Thank

To refresh you...

I'm curious about having 'Formula' on GT lenses?
fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2018 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Raydar's car is a Formula Fastback.
Jakesdads86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2018 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jakesdads86gtSend a Private Message to Jakesdads86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi All, been a very long time since I've posted anything here, I do lurk from time to time though. This lens project really caught my eye. Just wanted to thank kgoodyear for following through to the end. The quality looks excellent.

I am definitely interested in a set, but I would also like to know a little more about the tinted version before I jump in, I believe Raydar asked a few posts up. How tinted is tinted?
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2018 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Is the decoration bonded to the lens, or just painted on?

This is proprietary information. Even I do not know the process, My project lead is currently the only one that knows the process. I might suggest perhaps asking someone who has handled the T1s maybe describe to you what they observed.

------------------
Goody

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock