Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  $$$$$$$$$$$$$ WOW! More updates on Fiero GT Tail light lens!!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
$$$$$$$$$$$$$ WOW! More updates on Fiero GT Tail light lens!!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ by kgoodyear
Started on: 05-10-2018 07:33 PM
Replies: 1147 (65804 views)
Last post by: kgoodyear on 10-17-2022 03:55 PM
kgoodyear

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2018 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jonathan Tate:

I will still be buying a set of these lenses when they are available even though they are for off road use only.

I will be looking forward to your order Johathan. In previous posts with .......George, you can see what options are available and the other information i need for your order, Just email me this information and i'll put you in the queue.

------------------
Goody

The beauty of a solution lies in its simplicity

IP: Logged
railshot

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2018 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good information Jonathan Tate!
I seriously do appreciate that.

I will be quiet now until I get my lenses from kgoodyear.

LOL, I had a bunch of other stuff from SEMA about aftermarket parts I was going to put here, but as you said, the lenses are clearly being sold for off road use only.
Thanks again!
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2018 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Your lenses where in storage in the black gt that was at Kings Point sitting out in the sun for years and years he only put them inside his apartment when he listed the 2 fieros and parts. Ask the person that gave them to you.

I honestly have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. And you have no clue who I bought these lenses from. The NOS lenses I have are still wrapped in the original plastic and have never been stored in a vehicle. I don't know where you get your information from or pretend to know about what I have. I bought them from someone here in Florida that I have known for a number of years personally.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 08-14-2018).]

viperine

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2018 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those of us buying tinted lenses will assume the risks with police. Those of us buying factory style lenses can reason with anyone picking at DOT stamp markings. Fieros are very uncommon these days and police are reasonable about obsolete parts.
If you customize your car to extreme extents, you are subject to police scrutiny.

I had this discussion with an officer I am friends with, and he specifically said that they do not take offense in situations where parts are that rare. As long as you made a reasonable effort to be in compliance. The topic was tinted lenses that were tinted simply to hide damage.

Tint all your windows, install a massive sound system, and add spinning rims, yeah, you're asking for it. Odds are, if you are a law abiding citizen who does observe the speed limit, they will understand when you do get pulled over. The risk of customizing your car ultimately reflects the reason you got pulled over in the first place.

Cops are human too.

Decide accordingly.
Jonathan Tate

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2018 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jonathan TateSend a Private Message to Jonathan TateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

I honestly have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. And you have no clue who I bought these lenses from. The NOS lenses I have are still wrapped in the original plastic and have never been stored in a vehicle. I don't know where you get your information from or pretend to know about what I have.

Two years ago at the Daytona show you told me personally that Dean GAVE you the tail lights, those where the same tail lights I saw in the black 86 GT that was for sale at Kings Point in Delray Beach along with a warehouse full of used Fiero parts and a second Fiero all of which I saw when I was visiting my bother in law who lives at King Point. That car sat in the sun for years and the tail lights where in the car, the seller showed them to me, they where still in their boxes, I pointed out the defects and he put them in his apartment to prevent further heat damage, he wanted to sell everything as a package and wanted the warehouse cleaned out as part of the deal: Ask Dean.

[This message has been edited by Jonathan Tate (edited 08-08-2018).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2018 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here is another good reason one "might" need the DOT number; It is illegal to use tail light lenses on public roads that are not DOT approved. You can be cited by a law enforcement officer and in some states you MUST correct the issue before operating the vehicle on public roads or you may have your registration revoked often called a "fix-it" ticket .

The DOT number is NOT just a number it is a certification that the lens has met the legal requirements of The United States Department of Transportation, each number that is listed in parenthesis on the light clearly relates to each of the specific certifications as required by Federal law.

Do you really want some corrupt government bureaucrat dictating on what you can buy or use on your property?

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2018 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Two years ago at the Daytona show you told me personally that Dean GAVE you the tail lights, those where the same tail lights I saw in the black 86 GT that was for sale at Kings Point in Delray Beach along with a warehouse full of used Fiero parts and a second Fiero all of which I saw when I was visiting my bother in law who lives at King Point. That car sat in the sun for years and the tail lights where in the car, the seller showed them to me, they where still in their boxes, I pointed out the defects and he put them in his apartment to prevent further heat damage, he wanted to sell everything as a package and wanted the warehouse cleaned out as part of the deal: Ask Dean.

STOP this NOW or take it to a side bar. I will not have this kind of STINKING Red Herring on this thread. I may not be able to stop this personally but i can begin to limit information because people want to turn this into a soap opera. STOP IT NOW. I don't have the time or the desire to read this kind of crap on this thread.

THIS THEAD IS FOR DISCUSSING THE NEW TAIL LIGHT LENSES WITH QUESTIONS AND WELL FORMATTED COMMENTS AND COMPLIMENTS.

[This message has been edited by kgoodyear (edited 08-08-2018).]

KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2018 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How many sets are you doing in the initial run?
How do I pre-order?

as far as DOT is concerned, I have never heard of, or know of anyone that has heard of someone being ticketed for non DOT headlights or taillights. I would like to see some evidence that this happens on a regular basis.
I don't understand why there's always someone who says you can't do something. My guess is, those people are really boring and suck at life.

Thank you for all of your work. I've been following and it's nice to see how far this has come.

------------------
SSFiero@Aol.com

mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2018 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice talking with you this morning looking forward to your product.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2018 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KissMySSFiero:

How do I pre-order?

Thank you for all of your work. I've been following and it's nice to see how far this has come.

There will be 1000 in the initial run and only 250 will be tinted. it is unlikely there will be more tinted lenses made after the first batch.
GfierOT87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2018 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GfierOT87Send a Private Message to GfierOT87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thinking that the lenses for use in the streets have to be certified (SAE / DOT) and they will not be. What would be the cost that would occur if the lenses could be certified for use on the streets? The number (SAE / DOT) that has the ones brought by the factory vehicle can not be used to recertify since it is practically the same model (OEM verification)? Excuse me. I'm not knowledgeable about the subject. In addition we must congratulate a lot (kgoodyear) as it is working to make our fierce GT look good. Thank you.
PFF
System Bot
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2018 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for your interest in our project.

These quality lenses are for off road use only and sold only in pairs.

Our goal is to build an excellent quality decorated or clear lens that is affordable to our Frugal Fiero Fans.

.......George has provided information above on how to pre order lenses.

------------------
Goody

[This message has been edited by kgoodyear (edited 08-08-2018).]

fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2018 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KissMySSFiero:

How do I pre-order?

as far as DOT is concerned, I have never heard of, or know of anyone that has heard of someone being ticketed for non DOT headlights or taillights. I would like to see some evidence that this happens on a regular basis.
I don't understand why there's always someone who says you can't do something. My guess is, those people are really boring and suck at life.

The only time I know of anyone being ticketed for anything like this is that our local PD, formerly known for it's speed trap tactics, had ticketed several who had tinted lenses (covers) over their headlights and tail lights. I saw a Mustang that was ticketed and you could hardly see the tail lights at night. I don't know what they looked like when turn signals or brakes were activated. I have never seen an officer look at otherwise normal looking tail lights, and I've monitored a lot of our city's safety checkpoints. But still, Goody has made it abundantly clear that these are for offroad use only. Use them on the highway at your own risk is how I read that.

Saving up my Social Security to get a pair since my car sits in the driveway most of it's life.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 08-08-2018).]

Horse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2018 05:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HorseSend a Private Message to HorseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much are they and when will they be available?
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2018 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Horse:
vHow much are they and when will they be available?

We are doing out best to keep them between $350 and $400 per set. We will be visiting soon with the tool maker to get a feel for a delivery date

These quality lenses are sold only in pairs and are designed for off road use only. i look forward to your pre order.

------------------
Goody

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2018 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So here you go folks, these things are absolutely amazing in person. Keep in mind this is only the Prototype it has been 3D printed to test the 3D file.

Now that they have seen all of the fitment alignment shape and everything is the way it is they use that file to make the mold and have already pulled out the first lenses. Latest I heard this morning is the lenses are in customs and should be delivered to Chicago tomorrow being Friday, and driven down from Chicago and be here for the 35th Anniversary show on Saturday. I certainly can't wait to see those in person.

In the meantime, have a look at the quality of the smoothness of the lenses compared to the factory ones that were pumped out by GM.

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2018 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i just finished talking to the project lead and he has the lenses and is decorating them so they WILL be at the 35th. When they arrive we encourage Frugal Fiero Fans to come by and handle the T1 all you want.

------------------
Goody

railshot

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2018 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kgoodyear:

i just finished talking to the project lead and he has the lenses and is decorating them so they WILL be at the 35th. When they arrive we encourage Frugal Fiero Fans to come by and handle the T1 all you want.

Outstanding progress kgoodyear!
Absolutely outstanding!

Edit: and thanks for the video JohnWPB, they do look nice!

[This message has been edited by railshot (edited 08-09-2018).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2018 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks to Keith for letting me make the video this morning and post it. With his permission I will gladly film T1's when they get here and post up another video of the final product. I cannot wait to see them in person!
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2018 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please make sure not to lose the files that were used to create the 3D printed parts. I sell 3D plastic and metal printers, and if you ever need them made, I can recreate them for you (in case something happens to the injection molds). Hopefully your contract also gives you ownership of all CAD and CAM data

Great work! Well done
Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2018 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Absolutely stunning quality!!! We are looking at history in the making here my Fiero family!

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

PFF
System Bot
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2018 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Shho13:

Absolutely stunning quality!!! We are looking at history in the making here my Fiero family!

It has been our pleasure working with the FRUGAL Fiero family. Keep an eye on the Fiero forum for future announcements, ok?

------------------
Goody

GfierOT87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2018 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GfierOT87Send a Private Message to GfierOT87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kgoodyear:
It has been our pleasure working with the FRUGAL Fiero family. Keep an eye on the Fiero forum for future announcements, ok?

Nice!!

[This message has been edited by GfierOT87 (edited 08-10-2018).]

GfierOT87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2018 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GfierOT87Send a Private Message to GfierOT87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

GfierOT87

8 posts
Member since Mar 2018

Originally posted by GfierOT87:

Nice!!
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2018 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just want to make sure you saw my post regarding the CAD and CAM files. I work in the CNC machining/tool making industry and have a lot of experience in machining and building of molds. It is imperative that you retain all designs, CAD data, mold design, in case your mold gets damaged, disappears, the mold shop goes belly up and your tool gets taken by a creditor, etc. It happens .

If you have the designs and CAD data, it is much easier and faster to recreate the tool at a later date if needed. You paid for the R&D, so you should own the IP on this. Chinese tool makers have been notorious for making a batch of parts for their client, and then running a few hundred more and throwing them up for sale online for half price- not a lot you can do if the do this. The easy part is machining that mold from steel. The hard part was the reverse engineering of the original parts and designing a functional mold with the correct shrinkage, deflection and lens clarity.

I am very excited by this project, but please keep in mind that the 3D printed parts do not necessarily represent the quality or fit of molded parts- as the process to create the parts in a mold is completely different. Hopefully they turn out great. Congrats on a well executed project, and thank you for not listening to the nay sayers.... I was one of them. I didn't think anyone would see this through, as it is a complex project, and I am glad to admit I was wrong!

Peter
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2018 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:

Please make sure not to lose the files that were used to create the 3D printed parts. I sell 3D plastic and metal printers, and if you ever need them made, I can recreate them for you (in case something happens to the injection molds). Hopefully your contract also gives you ownership of all CAD and CAM data

Great work! Well done
\

Thanks so much for your interest in the project. I hold my business practices pretty close to the vest. Suffice it to say I follow the best business protocols to protect, as much as i can, my capitol investments.

Keep an eye on the thread for some pictures from the 35th. I've met a lot of my Frugal Fiero Friends but sadly, I can't remember many of their names.

------------------
Goody

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2018 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay folks here is the very first pull out of the tool aka the mold. This is absolutely a reality now these are not prototypes or vaporware. These are the very first actual pulls from the mold.

From what they're telling me now it'll be about a month before they will start delivering to the people that have signed up and said they want a pair.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 08-14-2018).]

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2018 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John, if you're here at the 35th, I've been looking for you.

As for the lenses, I met kgoodyear, spoke with him, held the lenses in my hands, and compared them...

The new lenses are more substantial than the stock lenses. I rapped both with my fingers. It isn't that the new lenses are thicker, and I couldn't say about weight, but it's like tapping watermelons. The lenses are nice in their current form. I can't wait to see the final result.
Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2018 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just saw the video... WOW.

🤤🤤🤤🤤

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2018 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got my money saved up.

------------------
Project Genisis Lo Budget 3800SC swap
12.840@104.8 MPH Intense-Racing 1.9 rockers, 3" exhaust, 3.4 pulley, ZZP tune and 18 year old tires.

88 Coupe under construction SOLD

88 formula 3.4L 4t60 swap SOLD

Coachdad11

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2018 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Coachdad11Send a Private Message to Coachdad11Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was able to see, handle, and test them at the 35th. My best endorsement for them is to say that I pulled out my credit card and tried to force it into Keith's hand.

Regarding the police / DOT issue:

I have been an officer for nearly 20 years, and can tell you that I know of absolutely NO officer who has ever inspected a vehicle on the roadway for DOT certification on their lenses. Now if someone was applying for a title on a salvaged vehicle, all bets are off. Those inspections are routinely very intricate. But running these lenses (which are referred to ad nauseum as "off road use only") would not, in my professional opinion, cause an officer to look twice at them. In fact, and officer is far more likely to take notice of and inspect cracked, spidered, hazy, or otherwise less translucent lenses as possible violations. The use of these lenses would certainly gain far less attention from law enforcement officers on the street.

Now having said that, I must add that tinted taillight lenses are another issue entirely. While I realize that tinted taillight lenses may visually appealing to some, I have to strongly suggest that people do not use tinted lenses over any of their lights on a vehicle which they drive regularly on the roadway. Having others see you coming, and often more importantly, when you are braking, can literally be life-saving. And I know that nobody wants to see their beautiful Pontiac mid-engine 2 seater banged up. Plus, tinted lenses can definitely arouse some officer attention and ink, and nobody likes to be on the receiving end of those things.

So the bottom line is:

Great lenses! Use common sense when it comes to visibility.
PFF
System Bot
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2018 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Coachdad11:

I was able to see, handle, and test them at the 35th. My best endorsement for them is to say that I pulled out my credit card and tried to force it into Keith's hand.

Regarding the police / DOT issue:

I have been an officer for nearly 20 years, and can tell you that I know of absolutely NO officer who has ever inspected a vehicle on the roadway for DOT certification on their lenses. Now if someone was applying for a title on a salvaged vehicle, all bets are off. Those inspections are routinely very intricate. But running these lenses (which are referred to ad nauseum as "off road use only") would not, in my professional opinion, cause an officer to look twice at them. In fact, and officer is far more likely to take notice of and inspect cracked, spidered, hazy, or otherwise less translucent lenses as possible violations. The use of these lenses would certainly gain far less attention from law enforcement officers on the street.

Now having said that, I must add that tinted taillight lenses are another issue entirely. While I realize that tinted taillight lenses may visually appealing to some, I have to strongly suggest that people do not use tinted lenses over any of their lights on a vehicle which they drive regularly on the roadway. Having others see you coming, and often more importantly, when you are braking, can literally be life-saving. And I know that nobody wants to see their beautiful Pontiac mid-engine 2 seater banged up. Plus, tinted lenses can definitely arouse some officer attention and ink, and nobody likes to be on the receiving end of those things.

So the bottom line is:

Great lenses! Use common sense when it comes to visibility.

WOW! What great feedback. Thanks CouchDad!!!!!

------------------
Goody

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2018 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

kgoodyear

808 posts
Member since Apr 2014

[This message has been edited by kgoodyear (edited 08-13-2018).]

sluppy123

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2018 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw/ handled these in person this weekend at the 35th show, they are the real deal! Take my money! I'm getting a set as soon as they are available. Hats off to Keith and his team, awesome job!
Larryinkc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2018 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LarryinkcSend a Private Message to LarryinkcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I also saw and handled the lenses at the 35th show. I don't have a GT and never will but I was so impressed with the quality that I wanted to buy a set anyway.
FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2018 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll jump in here and say that I too have seen and touched these in person. I placedm y name on the "pre-order" list. This looks like a great products!
Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2018 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for meeting this need! I'll be ordering a set for CT #10 as my near perfect set of originals started to delaminate during a hot day in the sun at a show last summer. Been hoping a high quality solution would arise!

Jim
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2018 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have got to tell you all how much fun we had talking about our lenses. We met a lot of great people and took away some good advice and even ideas for up-coming projects. David and Leonard and I were not used to working in a community of such a specific venue. It was great. Fred B saw to it we were well taken care of while John entertained and videoed us. We are continuing to move forward with feedback from our Frugal Fiero Friends close at hand.

We have received orders from all over the US, Canada, Germany and Sweden.

I also learned some stuff from Leonard that the billet for our tool is the size of a small refrigerator. The pictures we had had no perspective of the sheer size of this steel. And, just think about all the steel that had to be taken away to make the tool! I over heard Leonard talking to one of our guests about how much smoother the lenses are going to be! They are only going to be better!!! You think these looked great--just wait. THEY will be the final touch to make your GT look like it should!

By the way, .......George was not real happy he had to stay behind and work but he was sure happy "it played in Peoria!!!" .

------------------
Goody

[This message has been edited by kgoodyear (edited 08-13-2018).]

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2018 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At this point I would like to extend my sincerest congratulations to you and your team for getting this far in reproducing a quality taillight lens cover for the Fiero GT. As you may know, in the past we were misled by an unsavory character who talked a lot about making lenses but delivered little. Because of this I was a bit skeptical about this project (and a bit critical) , but you delivered on your promise to get tooling made and go into production. When things go into full gear, (and it becomes easy to ship product), I will not hesitate to buy a set for my Fiero. There are still a lot of GT's in circulation and its just a matter of time before they need tail light covers.
On June 22nd 2019 MAFOA will celebrate the 25th anniversary of Fieros at Carlisle at the fairgrounds I would recommend showing the lenses at that show.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2018 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

At this point I would like to extend my sincerest congratulations to you and your team for getting this far in reproducing a quality taillight lens cover for the Fiero GT. As you may know, in the past we were misled by an unsavory character who talked a lot about making lenses but delivered little. Because of this I was a bit skeptical about this project (and a bit critical) , but you delivered on your promise to get tooling made and go into production. When things go into full gear, (and it becomes easy to ship product), I will not hesitate to buy a set for my Fiero. There are still a lot of GT's in circulation and its just a matter of time before they need tail light covers.
On June 22nd 2019 MAFOA will celebrate the 25th anniversary of Fieros at Carlisle at the fairgrounds I would recommend showing the lenses at that show.

Thank you for your valued input Dennis. Believe it or not, the process has not been that complicated and it has been quite a learning experience and challenge. My team, which includes a certain mouse, appreciate the support I have received from the Fiero community in my endeavor.

You might consider putting your order in soon. There is no money down and no obligation for when your name comes up in the queue. It would be an honor to have your email come across my laptop.

------------------
Goody

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock