Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  $$$$$$$$$$$$$ WOW! More updates on Fiero GT Tail light lens!!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
$$$$$$$$$$$$$ WOW! More updates on Fiero GT Tail light lens!!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ by kgoodyear
Started on: 05-10-2018 07:33 PM
Replies: 1147 (65740 views)
Last post by: kgoodyear on 10-17-2022 03:55 PM
kgoodyear

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2018 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stinger:

Given the project is coming along quite well and the results are spectacular, on the marketing side, do you have a projected sale pricing on the new lenses?

I have a set lined up for purchase and just may hold off depending on where the $$$ fall.

thx

Timeline:

Today I sent a memo to my team to give me a solid timeline and a solid budget. I told them I want a set of T1 lenses by 35th anniversary and I may have to grease the wheels but I REALLY want you guys to be able to handle the T lenses. I feel toward the end of the week we will have more stuff nailed down. I am perhaps more anxious to get the lenses to market to start getting a return on my investment and begin covering my liabilities. With this memo I brought my concerns to the table.

Marketing

I made a promise to myself to have a quality product for a reasonable price. One of the first things I did was run an informal pole on what people would be willing to pay for a set of lenses that would be better than the originals and after plotting the responses I determined the market can handle between $350 and $400. I would expect $375. Lenses will be sold through eBay, my personal busieness BellyAcreStudios and a popular retail outlet.

I will pass along any information I feel I can release as soon as I get it. In the mean time, please let me know of any questions, comments, compliments or concerns you may have.
-Keith-

------------------
Goody

The beauty of a solution lies in its simplicity

IP: Logged
Stinger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2018 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StingerClick Here to visit Stinger's HomePageSend a Private Message to StingerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kgoodyear:

Timeline:

Today I sent a memo to my team to give me a solid timeline and a solid budget. I told them I want a set of T1 lenses by 35th anniversary and I may have to grease the wheels but I REALLY want you guys to be able to handle the T lenses. I feel toward the end of the week we will have more stuff nailed down. I am perhaps more anxious to get the lenses to market to start getting a return on my investment and begin covering my liabilities. With this memo I brought my concerns to the table.

Marketing

I made a promise to myself to have a quality product for a reasonable price. One of the first things I did was run an informal pole on what people would be willing to pay for a set of lenses that would be better than the originals and after plotting the responses I determined the market can handle between $350 and $400. I would expect $375. Lenses will be sold through eBay, my personal busieness BellyAcreStudios and a popular retail outlet.

I will pass along any information I feel I can release as soon as I get it. In the mean time, please let me know of any questions, comments, compliments or concerns you may have.
-Keith-

I can't help but to take a moment out to commend you, on taking on such a task. I can't begin to think of what the financial outlay would be, suffice to say it must be large. The countless hours of drawings, testing results, retesting, meeting with suppliers local / abroad and taking the time to keep the community updated with all this information in a timely manner. I minimal as this sounds, just want to say a sincere thank your for all the hard work. The best thanks I can offer, is to be there to purchase a set or two when they are ready.

Thank you...

now, about that discount..lol jk

Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2018 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stinger:

I can't help but to take a moment out to commend you, on taking on such a task. I can't begin to think of what the financial outlay would be, suffice to say it must be large. The countless hours of drawings, testing results, retesting, meeting with suppliers local / abroad and taking the time to keep the community updated with all this information in a timely manner. I minimal as this sounds, just want to say a sincere thank your for all the hard work. The best thanks I can offer, is to be there to purchase a set or two when they are ready.

Thank you...

now, about that discount..lol jk

Seconded.

Very professional presentation.

Great follow up.

Apparently, close to coming to fruition.

Great job from the looks of things at this juncture.

I also commend you for a job well done thus far.

HAGO!

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2018 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you so much for the kind and encouraging words. No doubt this has been a learning experience that I have to admit has my financial people sitting a bit on the edge of their seats. They do, however, have the confidence we will pull it off.

This week has already produced some results I hope to pass along Friday. I've made it quite clear I have a timeline goal and as you might guess that will be the 35th Anniversary for T1 lenses.

Today the tool maker received the final changes to the cad file. We went through three revisions tweaking unbelievably minor changes but just what is needed for a perfect product. The competition for the finest quality decorating for the best price continues.

------------------
Goody

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2018 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Frugal Fiero Fans,

I thought I would give you an update on information I recently received. With some subtle persuasion and some grease, it looks like we are going to have T1 lenses around the first of August! While I was hoping for a product to distribute at the show it seems as though this is as close as we can get.

Here is the tool maker's response to my request to have them on the 15th of July:
[The tool maker] can’t do the 15th unfortunately. They are updating the mold design and the T1 date is August first. Good news is you should have some parts [(T1 lenses)] for your [35th anniversary] show. 90% of [the test lenses are] approved at t1 and usually production orders are filled within two weeks pending material availability. "

Let's keep in mind we have to add time for the decorating and shipping by boat. What I think we are going to do is start decorating the first two or three-hundred and start distributing these first. Part of this initial order will be through eBay, BellyAcreStudios and a retail outlet. This will buy the decorator some time and i can start getting my investment back.

There will be limited quantities of

clear with no decorations,
tinted with decorations,
tinted without decorations.

If you want to buy a set of these rare lenses you will need to contact me at keith.goodyear@bellyacrestudios.com. IF you should happen to get my phone number DO NOT CALL OR TEXT ME! All orders must be received by email. These rare lenses are first come first served. We have not established a price yet.

While I am up at Peoria for the 35th Anniversary show I will enter Frugal Fiero Fans' name, phone number and address on a list. As I receive product I will process transactions in the order I received the request.

Lenses are meant for off-road use only! Lenses are sold in sets only.

------------------
Goody

[This message has been edited by kgoodyear (edited 07-06-2018).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2018 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is the estimated price "per lens"? ...or "per set"?

There will be limited quantities of

clear with no decorations,
tinted with decorations,
tinted without decorations.

"Decorations" to mean the masking / PONTIAC lettering?

I would be interested in a tinted set, with masking, but with no PONTIAC lettering, if that's available. Othewise, I'll make do.

Edit - Almost forgot my manners. Thanks for making this happen.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 07-06-2018).]

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2018 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

"Decorations" to mean the masking / PONTIAC lettering?

I would be interested in a tinted set, with masking, but with no PONTIAC lettering, if that's available. Othewise, I'll make do.

"Decorations" are anything on the lens that is not clear. A clear lens will have no opaque masking. This includes masking around the perimeter of the lens.

This is a clear lens

------------------
Goody

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2018 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------
Goody

[This message has been edited by kgoodyear (edited 07-13-2018).]

Blowerwhine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2018 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlowerwhineSend a Private Message to BlowerwhineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very much interested, will there be a write up on the installation?
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2018 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blowerwhine:

Very much interested, will there be a write up on the installation?

I am glad you are interested. When the time comes we will include a set of instructions and POSSIBLY a tube of sealer you will want to use if they will be "permanently" mounted. There is a substance that goes in a groove that seals the lens to the housing.

------------------
Goody

Blowerwhine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2018 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlowerwhineSend a Private Message to BlowerwhineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am glad you are interested. When the time comes we will include a set of instructions and POSSIBLY a tube of sealer you will want to use if they will be "permanently" mounted. There is a substance that goes in a groove that seals the lens to the housing.

Does this go over the existing lense or can the existing lense come out?
PFF
System Bot
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2018 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"Decorations" are anything on the lens that is not clear. A clear lens will have no opaque masking. This includes masking around the perimeter of the lens.

This is a clear lens

In this picture the lense appears to be one piece for both left and right with no key hole placement or am I just wrong.

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2018 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Does this go over the existing lense or can the existing lense come out?

This is a stand alone lens. It is made better then the factory. You will remove and store your old lens and replace it with a beautiful new one. There are NO shortcuts on this lens.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2018 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

kgoodyear

808 posts
Member since Apr 2014
The clear lens shown above is actually 2 lenses but I cropped out the top one. There are two lenses that are like the original set.

------------------
Goody

Blowerwhine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2018 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlowerwhineSend a Private Message to BlowerwhineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The clear lens shown above is actually 2 lenses but I cropped out the top one. There are two lenses that are like the original set.

Cool, I'll keep up with the thread and order one once it's up on eBay and we have the link, early August right?
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2018 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cool, I'll keep up with the thread and order one once it's up on eBay and we have the link, early August right?

No, the product will not be available for sale in August. This is when the T1 (Test lenses set 1) lenses are available for inspection and these are not intended to be sold. These lenses are used for final fitment and any minor flaws that might need fixing. The tool maker seems 90% sure his T1s will be approved at T1. If they need changes these will lead to T2 lenses and up to T3. Once the T series lenses are approved it is going to take about two weeks to shoot the order of 1000 lenses. After that they will need to be shipped from China to stateside. This shipping time can range from four to five weeks. Once they are received stateside they need to be shipped to Chicago for decorating. As they are decorated they are shipped to Oklahoma where I will make them available to Frugal Fiero Fans.

The best way is to keep an eye on this thread and I will do my best to keep you updated, amused and informed.
viperine

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2018 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is that 1000 lenses, or 1000 pairs/sets?

Love that you're providing decoration options (including not decorated!)
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2018 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by viperine:

Is that 1000 lenses, or 1000 pairs/sets?

Love that you're providing decoration options (including not decorated!)

1000 sets

------------------
Goody

MyFirefly88Gt

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2018 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MyFirefly88GtSend a Private Message to MyFirefly88GtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is this going to be only 1 run of 1,000 sets, or will more be available after the first 1,000? Hopefully, I’ll have money to get in on the first run, but right now I’m not sure I will.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2018 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MyFirefly88Gt:

Is this going to be only 1 run of 1,000 sets, or will more be available after the first 1,000? Hopefully, I’ll have money to get in on the first run, but right now I’m not sure I will.

Depending on how well the the first run goes there will be other batches, however, it is unlikely there will be any other tinted ones.

The injection mold is made of steel and capable of tens-of-thousands of injections before refurbishing but at some point the demand will diminish.

------------------
Goody

hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2018 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We need a set of dies made up for making chop top glass side windows. Any possibility of other ventures? And access to a kiln too, of course.

------------------
Project Genisis Lo Budget 3800SC swap
12.840@104.8 MPH Intense-Racing 1.9 rockers, 3" exhaust, 3.4 pulley, ZZP tune and 18 year old tires.

88 Coupe under construction SOLD

88 formula 3.4L 4t60 swap SOLD

PFF
System Bot
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2018 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hercimer01:

We need a set of dies made up for making chop top glass side windows. Any possibility of other ventures? And access to a kiln too, of course.

Right now there are no other plans in the works until i get my investment capital back. The other problem is quantity. I suspect there is very little demand for this component.

------------------
Goody

GfierOT87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2018 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GfierOT87Send a Private Message to GfierOT87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello everyone.
My congratulations to kgoodyear for the work he is doing for the lens taillight. But make it a success because with this it will restore the life to the fierce gt to a certain extent. I also hope that it is not the only project dedicated to the owners of fiero so that they continue on the streets.
Thank you
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2018 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GfierOT87:

Hello everyone.
My congratulations to kgoodyear for the work he is doing for the lens taillight. But make it a success because with this it will restore the life to the fierce gt to a certain extent. I also hope that it is not the only project dedicated to the owners of fiero so that they continue on the streets.
Thank you

Welcome to PFF and thank you for your support. We are open to suggestions though our efforts and capital now are being dedicated to the lenses..
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2018 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thank you!

Exactly what I am interested in is a set of tinted lenses with the perimeter and center masking, but with no "PONTIAC" lettering. Perhaps a stylized "Formula" script, but that's just "pie in the sky".
(I can edit in a pic of what I'm interested in, later on. I have some emblems, but can't find any pics online. This would be an admittedly small market. To include folks who have added fastback clips to Formulas. Probably all six or eight of us. Obviously, I expect there would be an up-charge.)

Is any of that do-able? If not I will have to readjust my paradigm, a bit. But it is what it is.

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2018 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thank you!

Exactly what I am interested in is a set of tinted lenses with the perimeter and center masking, but with no "PONTIAC" lettering. Perhaps a stylized "Formula" script, but that's just "pie in the sky".
(I can edit in a pic of what I'm interested in, later on. I have some emblems, but can't find any pics online. This would be an admittedly small market. To include folks who have added fastback clips to Formulas. Probably all six or eight of us. Obviously, I expect there would be an up-charge.)

Is any of that do-able? If not I will have to readjust my paradigm, a bit. But it is what it is.

Hey Raydar, always great to hear from you!!

Let me talk to my decorator and see what he thinks. That sound fair to you?

Stay in touch.

------------------
Goody

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2018 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Raydar, always great to hear from you!!

Let me talk to my decorator and see what he thinks. That sound fair to you?

Stay in touch.

I think that you are way overestimating my abilities.

But I'm here, regardless. Still need to shoot some pics of my emblems.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2018 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm lookin' out for ya RAYDAR!!!! Here is your chance to get on board and start thinking 'bout your artwork.

------------------
Goody

ferg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2018 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fergSend a Private Message to fergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've been watching this thread for quite some time and first off, thanks for taking on this project. I have a couple of questions regarding tinted w/ decorations and clear w/ decorations. I think I read somewhere that the decorations were to mimic the original taillights, so does that mean clear w/ decorations will look exactly like original lenses? Am I correct in thinking that the tinted w/ decorations will look like a "blackout" panel unless the brake/turn/pontiac lamps are lit?

Are the final costs still around $375-400/set? If one was to buy multiple sets, any break on total cost or on shipping?

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2018 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ferg:

I've been watching this thread for quite some time and first off, thanks for taking on this project. I have a couple of questions regarding tinted w/ decorations and clear w/ decorations. I think I read somewhere that the decorations were to mimic the original taillights, so does that mean clear w/ decorations will look exactly like original lenses? Am I correct in thinking that the tinted w/ decorations will look like a "blackout" panel unless the brake/turn/pontiac lamps are lit?

Are the final costs still around $375-400/set? If one was to buy multiple sets, any break on total cost or on shipping?

Hey Ferg. Thanks for visiting. The original sets had the decorations welded into the clear lens. The different expansion coefficients to expand and contract at different rates causing the delamination so common with the GT lenses. Ours are painted in a special way I have yet to document for my records but tests show it seems to work to industry standards. They are more accurate than the originals as the originals had minor imperfections in the lettering

Right now, I am not sure how dark the lenses will be tinted. I would welcome some suggestions.

Yes, we are anticipating the clear with decorations to be from $350 -> $400 plus shipping. As far as large orders are concerned, I would have to visit with you by e-mail: Keith.goodyear@bellyacrestudios.com. Currently we don't have any price structuring.

I hope I have answered your questions. If not, feel free to rephrase them and I will see you get your answers.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2018 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

kgoodyear

808 posts
Member since Apr 2014

------------------
Goody

[This message has been edited by kgoodyear (edited 07-11-2018).]

PFF
System Bot
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2018 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2018 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Goody, if one wants the lens that is exactly like the original GM lens, what would it be?

Clear with decorations?

Thanks,

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. Beechwood interior, All original.

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2018 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is correct. Clear with decorations.

Thanks!

------------------
Goody

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2018 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally got my emblems together.

The cool thing about this emblem is that, actual size, it will fit within the confines of the masked area of either tail light - left or right. I'm thinking it might work towards the bottom of the masked area of the right side tail light. (Just my thoughts. YMMV.)
Or it could be blown up, and spread across the entire set, as the PON TIAC lettering is now.

Of course, the market for this will be admittedly small. I only know a handful of folks who have done Formulas with fastback clips. And that's assuming they like this design.

Edit - Or this one...

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 07-13-2018).]

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2018 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Finally got my emblems together.

The cool thing about this emblem is that, actual size, it will fit within the confines of the masked area of either tail light - left or right. I'm thinking it might work towards the bottom of the masked area of the right side tail light. (Just my thoughts. YMMV.)
Or it could be blown up, and spread across the entire set, as the PON TIAC lettering is now.

Of course, the market for this will be admittedly small. I only know a handful of folks who have done Formulas with fastback clips. And that's assuming they like this design.

The best thing to do here is pool your funds and work with the decorator for a quantity deal. He will certainly keep all of the custom work to reuse. I'm not real sure who would own the masking design though........hmmm food for thought. These are things you will have to work out with him. We are not doing a lot of leg work right now until we get our T1s. We are all sitting on pins and needles waiting on these things but boy, once we have them things are going to move FAST. After we get the T1s I will release the decorators information. You will be working directly with him. You will buy the lenses from me and he will decorate them. He will have a stock of clear lenses.

------------------
Goody

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2018 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The best thing to do here is pool your funds and work with the decorator for a quantity deal. He will certainly keep all of the custom work to reuse. I'm not real sure who would own the masking design though........hmmm food for thought. These are things you will have to work out with him. We are not doing a lot of leg work right now until we get our T1s. We are all sitting on pins and needles waiting on these things but boy, once we have them things are going to move FAST. After we get the T1s I will release the decorators information. You will be working directly with him. You will buy the lenses from me and he will decorate them. He will have a stock of clear lenses.

Ah. Gotcha. I was thinking more of a "turn key" thing.
But I understand that you have a lot on your plate, too. So I understand you not wanting to field all those custom requests.

Regardless, I will be buying a set. Even if it has to be tinted/decorated/blank masking - assuming that's an option.

Edit - I'm thinking a tint between 26 and 35.
Something that will be dark, but that a good LED will shine through enough to make them visible.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 07-13-2018).]

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2018 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sure wish I would get more feedback on the tinting thing.

------------------
Goody

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2018 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It JUST worked out last night that I will be at the show. I am really looking forward to seeing the T1's in person now!

I have a set of NOS (Now 2 years old) on my Fiero. I also have a NOS back up set in the back of my closet. They still have the "Dealership remove before installing" plastic film on them Even with the backups, I am always SO nervous that something is going to happen on the ones on my car, and will have to put the new ones on, and then there is no longer a backup plan.

I am always nervous when:
  • When ever I take the car out, look in the mirror while driving and see someone following close
  • Stop at a sign or a light and see someone approaching quickly
  • Parking the car anywhere
  • Take the car to a car show with all the strollers, and such everywhere.

It will be so nice, when these are available, to know that there are replacements available if something does happen. I will certainly not be such a nervous person when I take the car out

As for my backup pair of NOS light, I have a feeling I should sell them soon, as they will not be worth near as much in a couple months

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 07-13-2018).]

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2018 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

It JUST worked out last night that I will be at the show. I am really looking forward to seeing the T1's in person now!

I have a set of NOS (Now 2 years old) on my Fiero. I also have a NOS back up set in the back of my closet. Even with these, I am always SO nervous that something is going to happen on the ones on my car, and will have to put the new ones on, and the no backup plan.

I am always nervous when:
  • When ever I take the car out, look in the mirror while driving and see someone following close
  • Stop at a sign or a light and see someone approaching quickly
  • Parking the car anywhere
  • Take the car to a car show with all the strollers, and such everywhere.

It will be so nice, when these are available, to know that there are replacements available if something does happen. I will certainly not be such a nervous person when I take the car out

As for my backup pair of NOS light, I have a feeling I should sell them soon, as they will not be worth near as much in a couple months

John, I have this image of you standing at the back of your car when it is out of the car hole with a cattle prod or you putting up hog fencing around your car!

No fear, the tools are good for thousands of injections. Here is hoping I get my investment back as planned.

BTW, I am glad you are going to be at the show. I think I'm going to have one of those tent things so I can be in the shade with a table with.......well.......a SET OF T1s. We are pushing as hard as we dare to have T1s for the show.

------------------
Goody

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock