Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  $$$$$$$$$$$$$ WOW! More updates on Fiero GT Tail light lens!!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ (Page 24)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
$$$$$$$$$$$$$ WOW! More updates on Fiero GT Tail light lens!!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ by kgoodyear
Started on: 05-10-2018 07:33 PM
Replies: 1147 (65806 views)
Last post by: kgoodyear on 10-17-2022 03:55 PM
kgoodyear

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2019 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2019 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------
Goody & .......George

The beauty of a solution lies in its simplicity

Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2019 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone found a good rope type sealer to use when changing these out?

Jim
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2019 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jim88GT:

Anyone found a good rope type sealer to use when changing these out?

Jim

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3M...4:g:Kc8AAOSwPe1T6PRv
Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2019 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Thanks! Found something similar at my local Lowes
tazome

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2019 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tazomeSend a Private Message to tazomeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have used in the past that camper / rv caulk that is on a roll like tape, it stays soft for many years an keepd the water out plus it makes it easy to seperate the lens,
Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2019 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kgoodyear:
Send pictures!

Check your email - pics sent

Jim
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2019 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keith you rascal, you did it. Great that the GT tail light lens have finally arrived. Most of my cars are in winter storage right now but come 2020 car season it will be time to order a set.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2019 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When will I get my phone call to pay for my order
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2019 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jjd2296:

When will I get my phone call to pay for my order

First, I don't take request for lenses or updates on orders over any forum. Second, your nom de plume gives me no idea of who you are, where you live, when you ordered or your phone number. Third, depending on when you ordered and what orders are in front of you will determine when you will get yours so it will only be a wild ass guess.

We are sending out orders as fast as I get them from the decorator. I will be receiving a sizable order quite soon and many will have their lenses for Christmas if they are able to pay for them after Black Friday Maddress. --George

------------------
Goody & .......George

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2019 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

kgoodyear

808 posts
Member since Apr 2014

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Keith you rascal, you did it. Great that the GT tail light lens have finally arrived. Most of my cars are in winter storage right now but come 2020 car season it will be time to order a set.

Thank you for the kind words. It's great to be distributing them but I am still finding significant challenges in my path. My patience is wearing thin.......

It is comforting to know there are orders coming throughout the next two years. I have to meet a very aggressive quota every quarter for GM over the next 2 years.

------------------
Goody & .......George

PFF
System Bot
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2019 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I spent money on Black Friday but I hid the lense money. I just hope I remember where it is when you call.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2019 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LornesGT:

I spent money on Black Friday but I hid the lense money. I just hope I remember where it is when you call.

Good for you. I used to hide my stash in an antique baking soda can. My, then wife, found it and spent it on an expensive treadmill. She used it once......it didn't help.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2019 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2019 06:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keith, I may have to bribe George to send me the silhouette of that Pegasus for one of my lenses out of P2!

To everyone else, I had ordered two sets. One with the stock PONTIAC, and one set of undecorated (or clear) lenses. I then worked with a third party, RPM Prototyping and Manufacturing, to decorate the lenses for me.

Since I've got a V8 in the back, and I am putting the C5 steering rack and all around C5 suspension/brake/wheels... I figured the below was a fitting idea.

I was inspired by one of the comments on the reveal trailer Chevy did for the C8 Corvette on youtube. One of the comments left was "That's what my Fiero wants to be when it grows up." So there you have it! I already have some nice red multi-LED bulbs that will be going behind this that I had in my last Fiero. It's going to look sharp!

[This message has been edited by Trinten (edited 12-10-2019).]

Fiero Vice

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-11-2019 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This puts a big smile on my face.

Thank you, Keith, for making this possible.
mptighe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2019 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keith,

I noticed you haven't weighed in here yet....might want to make an appearance.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/099110.html
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2019 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mptighe:

Keith,

I noticed you haven't weighed in here yet....might want to make an appearance.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/099110.html

Thanks for the heads up. I was totally unaware of the thread. I may or may not monitor the thread as I am already doing all I can to do continue making a quality product for a fair price.

------------------
Goody & .......George

InTheLead

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2019 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These look fantastic.. I'm stunned someone took this project on, I gave up after talking to a few plastic injection places.

Will read through the entire thread before I ask any questions.
RPMProto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2019 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RPMProtoClick Here to visit RPMProto's HomePageSend a Private Message to RPMProtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The next step is to order a clear lens and have custom lenses created. Contact David @ RPM Prototyping.

Looking forward to working with you.
RPMProto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2019 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RPMProtoClick Here to visit RPMProto's HomePageSend a Private Message to RPMProtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

RPMProto

2 posts
Member since Oct 2019
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2019 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RPMProto:

The next step is to order a clear lens and have custom lenses created. Contact David @ RPM Prototyping.

Looking forward to working with you.

David, we have emailed before.
I'm still waiting for my notification from Goody.

Free <bump!>
Christine

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2019 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

I found 3/8" butyl tape at the local Napa store, I was surprised and had looked several places before stopping by to see what they had, I did have to explain what it looked like and what it was for and then one guy says I think we have that stuff but it is called windshield sealer, he brings it out and it was in fact the correct item, basically black 3/8" tar rope.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2019 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Christine:
I found 3/8" butyl tape at the local Napa store, I was surprised and had looked several places before stopping by to see what they had, I did have to explain what it looked like and what it was for and then one guy says I think we have that stuff but it is called windshield sealer, he brings it out and it was in fact the correct item, basically black 3/8" tar rope.

Let us know how it works
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2019 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Christine:

Let us know how it works

That is what GM used however, it wasn't as wide. The width was just slightly narrower than the channel it fits in on the tail lamp housing. Back then (early 90's) when you bought a lens GM included the butyl tape in the box. It is because the product is the same as for setting a windshield, attempting to separate the lens from the housing is a royal P.I.T.A.

I have no clue as to why GM chose to use this product for attachment as servicing becomes a nightmare and your chances were much better needing to replace a lens vs. replacing a windshield. Perhaps it was what 3M offered.

Today, I would use silicone sealer.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2019 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone used or considered using Flex Glue? Made by the same people as Flex Seal and Flex Tape. I used the Flex Glue to repair separated vinyl trim inside my Fiero, and it has been working superbly.

Flex Glue comes in a tube and can be applied in a bead down inside the housing groove in the same manner as caulk or RTV.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2019 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Has anyone used or considered using Flex Glue? Made by the same people as Flex Seal and Flex Tape. I used the Flex Glue to repair separated vinyl trim inside my Fiero, and it has been working superbly.

Flex Glue comes in a tube and can be applied in a bead down inside the housing groove in the same manner as caulk or RTV.

Just so it doesn't harden over time
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2019 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

kgoodyear

808 posts
Member since Apr 2014

fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2019 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just so it doesn't harden over time

On the tube, it says it is a rubberized waterproof adhesive that resists mold and mildew. I have white, but I think it comes in gray and black, too. Fully cures within 24 hours and is workable for about 10 minutes. Instant grab so clamps are usually not needed.

Some previous comments spoke of the slight gray cast of the graphics. Is it possible to make the graphics more black in the P2 run?
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2019 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Some previous comments spoke of the slight gray cast of the graphics. Is it possible to make the graphics more black in the P2 run?

I will pass this along to the decorator

copperhens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2019 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for copperhensSend a Private Message to copperhensEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My lenses arrived yesterday. I was number 68 on the original queue. The lenses will probably stay with my Fiero parts inside until the spring to stay out of the cold. My chicken, Pepper, will keep an eye on them. My dad saw the box and thought George on it was really cute.

[This message has been edited by copperhens (edited 12-20-2019).]

PFF
System Bot
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2019 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by copperhens:

My lenses arrived yesterday. I was number 68 on the original queue. The lenses will probably stay with my Fiero parts inside until the spring to stay out of the cold. My chicken, Pepper, will watch keep an eye on them. My dad saw t

We are no longer putting serial numbers on the lenses. In fact, yours, I believe, was the last one to receive a serial number.
copperhens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2019 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for copperhensSend a Private Message to copperhensEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We are no longer putting serial numbers on the lenses. In fact, yours, I believe, was the last one to receive a serial number.

Really? I’ll have a look at mine. Why are you taking it off?
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2019 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Really? I’ll have a look at mine. Why are you taking it off?

I found I was not consistently recording the serial number with the customer. Instead, we are using a batch run tracking schtick. Through our accounting we can tell the date every lens was sold. Each p series of lenses (we are now at p1) has a sub series so we have p1 0014 We know when that was shipped and we know who those were sold to by matching up the dates. It is not precise but more accurate then not being diligent about recording the serial numbers.

The other thing was applying the serial number stickers was time consuming and considering I was not properly recording the serial numbers the tradeoff seemed to be a no brainer. Ultimately, GM doesn't require such a serial number and at the beginning it seemed like a good idea. Not that it was bad but it just didn't seem like a necessity.

------------------
Goody & .......George

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2019 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ultimately, GM doesn't require such a serial number and at the beginning it seemed like a good idea. Not that it was bad but it just didn't seem like a necessity.

I have never bought a repair part that was serial numbered, and I certainly didn't expect that my lenses would be, either.
I can appreciate why you might want that for your own tracking, but I really won't miss it.
Your life (or at least this project) is already very complex. Simplify!
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2019 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My lenses arrived yesterday. I was number 68 on the original queue. The lenses will probably stay with my Fiero parts inside until the spring to stay out of the cold. My chicken, Pepper, will keep an eye on them. My dad saw the box and thought George on it was really cute.

I'm #202 so I guess I still have a wait on my hands
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2019 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Goody... Sent you an email.
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2019 04:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is awesome! Thanks for the pic/info.

Originally posted by RPMProto:

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2019 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2019 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome! How do we get on the purchase list out of this run? Just shoot you an email again?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock