Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  $$$$$$$$$$$$$ WOW! More updates on Fiero GT Tail light lens!!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ (Page 10)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
$$$$$$$$$$$$$ WOW! More updates on Fiero GT Tail light lens!!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ by kgoodyear
Started on: 05-10-2018 07:33 PM
Replies: 1147 (65806 views)
Last post by: kgoodyear on 10-17-2022 03:55 PM
mptighe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2018 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you thought about reaching out to the Warmack brothers (the guys behind the new Trans Am cars) for guidance? Since they successfully obtained a license, maybe they can help advise you? You can reach them through www.transamdepot.com
IP: Logged
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2018 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
how about working up a deal with the Fiero Store... they already have permission and you would not be competing with them as they don't sell lenses, Maybe go through them and pay them a bit over the royalty fee or give them a discount on some they could sell on there website.

[This message has been edited by fireboss (edited 12-29-2018).]

kgoodyear

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2018 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fireboss:

how about working up a deal with the Fiero Store... they already have permission and you would not be competing with them as they don't sell lenses, Maybe go through them and pay them a bit over the royalty fee or give them a discount on some they could sell on there website.

My team and I have explored and determined the best business plan to bring the lenses to production. Thank you for your input.

------------------
Goody

The beauty of a solution lies in its simplicity

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2018 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mptighe:

Have you thought about reaching out to the Warmack brothers (the guys behind the new Trans Am cars) for guidance? Since they successfully obtained a license, maybe they can help advise you? You can reach them through www.transamdepot.com

My team and I have worked out how to deal with GM in a way that best suits all involved. Thank you for your input.

------------------
Goody

KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2019 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This set is nearly perfect. But I can't wait to get the email saying they're ready. These will go into storage because there's not telling how brittle they are at 30+ years old.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2019 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KissMySSFiero:

This set is nearly perfect. But I can't wait to get the email saying they're ready. These will go into storage because there's not telling how brittle they are at 30+ years old.

Those ARE absolutely beautiful!!! When you put them into storage you need to make sure they are in a temperature controlled environment as (ultimately) the heat is what will damage the lamination. These Fieros really are beautiful cars.

------------------
Goody

fieroparts.com

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2019 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KissMySSFiero:

Nice!
Thank you for your service.

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2019 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2019 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kgoodyear:

I am willing to bet they are going to make you include the DOT info on the lens like on the originals. Not really a bad thing as is makes them more correct but does create more headaches for George.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2019 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The lens cover we are making--over all--is really quite simple but GM has made the project so complicated it is mind numbing. The DOT is actually laughingly simple and jut as useless and stupid--but that is another story. This process is all about liabilities and making as much money as possible and still have a carrot out there enough to keep the project moving forward. Obviously I have way too much capital in the project to do anything but continue pounding away. We believe the technical people who we are working with now will give us better direction. Sadly if we would have had these people on board two months ago we would be further ahead. Still, it is really out of our hands. Believe me, my contact at GM is well aware of my frustrations and the costs to me this delay is causing. Still, even with 14000 people less it is a big company and the wheels move slowly.

------------------
Goody

LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2019 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know for most you need Pontiac on the lenses but why not get the customs and blanks going for cash flow.
PFF
System Bot
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2019 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LornesGT:

I know for most you need Pontiac on the lenses but why not get the customs and blanks going for cash flow.

That's a good question. Getting a cash flow would be good but our minimum order is for 1000 pairs of lenses. Now, I have only had 1 pre order for a clear lens and while I have had lots of interest in custom lenses we have have actually had NO orders.

So, what if we ordered P1 (Production 1) and for what ever reason GM--denighs my licence? I will be stuck with 998 clear Fiero lenses that I can't sell because GM is very well aware of the project and if they start seeing these out there they will know just where to come. And I will be in court and I will loose. There is also some confusion as to weather or not I can even make the part without permission. Now, I know you are going to say "Awwwww they will never know." That would be very foolish as I am an LLC and they can clean my shop out of all my shop's assets along with the tool and all propritary information and data.

Would you be willing to play games with a bevy of heavy duty lawyers for your assets? So, because I am not and it has been 30 years since these have been available anyway, I figure I need to do it right and not come face to face with big fat cat called GM!

[This message has been edited by kgoodyear (edited 01-16-2019).]

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2019 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Speaking at length on the Phone with Keith, it is very clear he has his bases covered, and his, and us Fiero owners in his best interest. My call to him was to suggest something that may help, and that is something that they had talked about already, and put aside long ago. He was graciously thankful for the suggestion, but clearly had come up in discussions already.

He went into a lot of detail, and trust me, there are a LOT of things behind the scene that have been thoroughly thought out, and negotiations that are being worked on.

So basically all of the talk of "you should do this", "why not make it this way", "you can go around the system by......." has been thought of, and covered from many angles.

Unfortunately, as he said it is now in GM's hands, and the time schedule, their percentage, approval and everything else for the most part is in their hands. Keith is working feverishly with GM, and doing everything the proper way to cover himself, his team, his assets as well as get a product out to us.
Easy8

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2019 03:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Easy8Send a Private Message to Easy8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope the one set of clears is me.. I am pretty sure I asked for a set. Hey George am I the one?? If not hit me with a PM so I can figure out what I requested. Not that you need me to tell ya but keep at em, there are many itching to get hold of these and again thanks for putting up with the BS to get these done.
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2019 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The bottom line is that GM (even though they have zero interest in the Fiero) wants a piece of the action... PERIOD!

This all started years ago when GM abandoned any thought about supplying parts for older GM models. In came the repop companies to fill a much needed void. GM saw the millions of dollars the repop companies were taking in and started a massive lawsuit against the repop industry. GM still never had an interest in the parts or the cars but definitely had an interest in a piece of the pie that the repop industry was raking in. The repop industry and GM came to a compromise. GM gets a piece of the repop industry action and GM gives the repop industry their blessing and that is where the "General Motors Restoration Parts" label name came to be.

The bottom line.... It's all about the money.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2019 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Thunderstruck GT:

The bottom line is that GM (even though they have zero interest in the Fiero) wants a piece of the action... PERIOD!

This all started years ago when GM abandoned any thought about supplying parts for older GM models. In came the repop companies to fill a much needed void. GM saw the millions of dollars the repop companies were taking in and started a massive lawsuit against the repop industry. GM still never had an interest in the parts or the cars but definitely had an interest in a piece of the pie that the repop industry was raking in. The repop industry and GM came to a compromise. GM gets a piece of the repop industry action and GM gives the repop industry their blessing and that is where the "General Motors Restoration Parts" label name came to be.

The bottom line.... It's all about the money.

I think you have it about right. GM is getting a sizable chunk of my profits, has no risk and pure profit. GM is also making me pair THEIR administrative costs. BUT what ya gonna do huh?

Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2019 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think you have it about right. GM is getting a sizable chunk of my profits, has no risk and pure profit. GM is also making me pair THEIR administrative costs. BUT what ya gonna do huh?

Capitalism at its best (worst). Rake in as much profit as you can until the vendor bleeds and not have any skin in the game at all. GM SUCKS!
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2019 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Thunderstruck GT:

Capitalism at its best (worst). Rake in as much profit as you can until the vendor bleeds and not have any skin in the game at all. GM SUCKS!

Being a capitalist myself, I'd probably do the same.

------------------
Goody

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2019 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Being a capitalist myself, I'd probably do the same.

I hope that GM realizes that you need to pay off your research, and tooling costs before you make a profit. Don't worry, you show me a system and I'll show you a way to beat it, but I won't explain that here.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2019 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

I hope that GM realizes that you need to pay off your research, and tooling costs before you make a profit. Don't worry, you show me a system and I'll show you a way to beat it, but I won't explain that here.

GM doesn't give a **** what my investment capital is. They don't even care what my profit margin is. They want 20% of retail and a quota. Their contract is 20 pages long and there is not one consideration in the contract for me. Every paragraph in that contract is for their benefit. However, playing nice here could pay off in the future. They acf a bit bullish in the contract but I see where there might be some wiggle room as we move through the process and they get a feel for just hwat it takes to build this department and it just so happend to be this project. There are working with me though and -- for the most part after I threw a tantrum starting to put things together just like we are. It's all goinig to be an interesting story when it gets done.
FIERO JOHN-WI

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2019 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't been following along on this problem with GM, so I don't know if it has been suggested. Did you ask Fiero Store what they had to do, or their deal with GM, because I saw recently they started making the fastback GT side windows. Just a thought......
PFF
System Bot
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2019 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIERO JOHN-WI:

I haven't been following along on this problem with GM, so I don't know if it has been suggested. Did you ask Fiero Store what they had to do, or their deal with GM, because I saw recently they started making the fastback GT side windows. Just a thought......

He has a valid point.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2019 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt28:

He has a valid point.

I'm not going to second thought the quarter panel windows but they don't have Fiero or Pontiac on them. There is a big difference.

tazome

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2019 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tazomeSend a Private Message to tazomeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
God i hope this dosen't turn in to another Elio Motors lol. iv have been wating 6 yrs , why not sell the lenes for off road use only like all the china made ones are for GM toyota ford etc, how come they get away from all of the lawers an legal stuf? I think GM really hate the fiero
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2019 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Please stop and relax! Let my team, .......George and I get on with our work.

------------------
Goody

[This message has been edited by kgoodyear (edited 01-18-2019).]

tazome

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2019 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tazomeSend a Private Message to tazomeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I remember back in the 90s VW an Porsche had a big law suit with all an anyone selling the parts that were not made from them , such as the VW bug hubcaps with the wolfsberg emblem on it or the VW / porsche emblem that was made in china / thailand. thank god i picked up a few sets from a VW store . when i went back in the store alot of the merchandise was gone , all around LA area , even now you cant buy parts for your NEW VW at autozone only dealer , it sucks

[This message has been edited by tazome (edited 01-18-2019).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2019 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by George:

Please stop and relax! Let my team, .......George and I get on with our work.

GOOD advice George! I will patiently wait for further updates.

David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2019 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Manufacturers spend time and money defending their registered names regardless of the direct financial losses or gains from the sale of authorized products.
Vehicle manufacturers accept liability risks inherent with their products. Substantial lawsuits and payouts sometimes result from product failures.
Lawyers pursue the deepest pockets that can be associated in any way with the product.
If an unauthorized product fails that displays a trademarked name or identification, the manufacturer may be found culpable simply for not taking action to prevent the use of the name.
Patent and trademark protection effectiveness is based on the owners' efforts to control use and prosecute offenders. Sometimes even similar names or symbols are successfully prosecuted.
Taillight lenses probably present minimal legal liability risk, but juries can be generous with the fortunes of large corporations, hence the seemingly unreasonable efforts to control the use of registered names.
I suspect GM doesn't anticipate their compensation will offset the expenses of authorizing the production of the lenses.
The system of 'interference' is a deterrent to the proliferation of unauthorized products that may be linked to the parent organization.
Where is the line drawn? In the sand...

On the other hand, a "manufacturer's authorized" designation can be a positive attribute in the market; it can elevate the perception of the level of quality or fitness for purpose of the product.

Kudos to Mr. Ken Goodyear on a well executed effort; hopefully the market will make his efforts worthwhile. (Ownership-wise, I'm strictly a notchback aficionado, so I'm just a spectator.)
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2019 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by David Hambleton:

Manufacturers spend time and money defending their registered names regardless of the direct financial losses or gains from the sale of authorized products.
Vehicle manufacturers accept liability risks inherent with their products. Substantial lawsuits and payouts sometimes result from product failures.
Lawyers pursue the deepest pockets that can be associated in any way with the product.
If an unauthorized product fails that displays a trademarked name or identification, the manufacturer may be found culpable simply for not taking action to prevent the use of the name.
Patent and trademark protection effectiveness is based on the owners' efforts to control use and prosecute offenders. Sometimes even similar names or symbols are successfully prosecuted.
Taillight lenses probably present minimal legal liability risk, but juries can be generous with the fortunes of large corporations, hence the seemingly unreasonable efforts to control the use of registered names.
I suspect GM doesn't anticipate their compensation will offset the expenses of authorizing the production of the lenses.
The system of 'interference' is a deterrent to the proliferation of unauthorized products that may be linked to the parent organization.
Where is the line drawn? In the sand...

On the other hand, a "manufacturer's authorized" designation can be a positive attribute in the market; it can elevate the perception of the level of quality or fitness for purpose of the product.

Kudos to Mr. Ken Goodyear on a well executed effort; hopefully the market will make his efforts worthwhile. (Ownership-wise, I'm strictly a notchback aficionado, so I'm just a spectator.)

This is a GREAT explanation. Every word you have said is spot on and exactly what I have encountered. Thank you David!!!!

------------------
Goody

Curtisk1060

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2019 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Curtisk1060Send a Private Message to Curtisk1060Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I find it amazing that some but not all aftermarket products of Fieros and many vehicles DO NOT have to be "GM" certified. Most if not all of the Fiero store products are not stamped GM at all as well as many other aftermarket parts available over the internet, like door switches, relays, etc. why is this any different? I would not have asked them in the first place. I restore many types of GM vehicles over the past few years and only occasionally are the parts marked GM certified. GM seems to pick and choose what items they care to be paid for depending on who knows what...
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2019 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Curtisk1060:

I find it amazing that some but not all aftermarket products of Fieros and many vehicles DO NOT have to be "GM" certified. Most if not all of the Fiero store products are not stamped GM at all as well as many other aftermarket parts available over the internet, like door switches, relays, etc. why is this any different? I would not have asked them in the first place. I restore many types of GM vehicles over the past few years and only occasionally are the parts marked GM certified. GM seems to pick and choose what items they care to be paid for depending on who knows what...

0) Go out to your GT and take a REAL CLOSE LOOK at your tail light covers and write down on a piece of paper what you see
1) Get on your favorite search engine and look up your basic copyright infringement law.
2) Put up a substantial investment into R&D and machining
3) Put your LLC on the line and with that all assets belonging to that LLC
4) Set back substantial funds for litigation
5) Find a place in Detroit to live because that is where the suit will be filed
6) Take a guess at who will be the last employees laid off from GM will be (hint: Lawyers!)

------------------
Goody

[This message has been edited by kgoodyear (edited 02-05-2019).]

PFF
System Bot
railshot

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2019 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Curtisk1060:

I think the biggest issue here is the use and production of the word "PONTIAC" more than anything else, along with some very important safety considerations.
I do know that the name and probably the font is copywrite protected, and many will choose that as their preference.
If I still had a GT, I know I would.

Tail lights, and lighting in general, are a big "safety" factor, and I admire Kgoodyear for going down the path he has chosen to be up front and responsible with his product.
Once the approval is acquired, we all should feel good about the product we will be getting...…..
ok, I don't have a Fiero anymore, but for the sake of everyone else and Kgoodyear, this will be huge!

ZCR1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2019 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZCR1Send a Private Message to ZCR1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I always thought I'd like to have a set that simply had "G T" In the same font, just a little larger and stretched a bit.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2019 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ZCR1:

I always thought I'd like to have a set that simply had "G T" In the same font, just a little larger and stretched a bit.

You can.

Place your preorder at keith.goodyear@bellyacrestudios.com

------------------
Goody

[This message has been edited by kgoodyear (edited 02-05-2019).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2019 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As a courtesy, cut Keith some slack.... and poor little ole' George too!

I see so many negative posts in this thread lately. "I" would have done it this way, you are wrong you should have done it this way. You should not have told GM, that's not the way "I" would do it... You should not worry about the DOT regulations, do it "this way" and try to skirt the rules and copyright protection...........................................

There is a process to do something right. I for one, am GLAD that Keith and the team are doing this the RIGHT way. Sure there is litigation, contracts, delays and such, but that is expected when running a business. You do not just blindly make something with a company's trademarked name on it and HOPE that no one sues you, and takes everything you own.

I think it is WELL PROVEN now, that these tail lights are 100% real. There absolutely have been molds made, and multiple lenses pulled from those molds. I always err on the side of caution, and been a naysayer in the past myself. I wondered that actually when this project was announced by someone that I did not know in the Fiero community. Those doubts are completely gone now. I held these lenses in my hand at the 35th Aniv. show. Both the 3D printed VERY first prototype, to the T1's that were the first pulls from the molds. This cost Keith and his team a significant amount of money to travel to the show, book the hotel, and overnight in lenses from overseas.

I hope I am not sharing something that I shouldn't, but I have had the privilege of seeing some of the inner correspondence ongoing with GM. This is 100% legit, PERIOD. Most know that already, but just making it clear, that now that this is 100% legit, and real, that we can focus on getting getting these into our hands when this whole process is completed.

It has been over 15 years since these have been available, a bit of a delay now is not going to kill any of us. Plus the fact knowing that when they are completed, you can drive with a clear conscience knowing these are GM Certified & approved for placement on your vehicle.

Just 2 closing words. Be Patient

Just my 2¢ worth.... well maybe 50¢ reading back now

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2019 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:
I see so many negative posts in this thread lately. "I" would have done it this way, you are wrong you should have done it this way. You should not have told GM, that's not the way "I" would do it... You should not worry about the DOT regulations, do it "this way" and try to skirt the rules and copyright protection...........................................

I don't take those posts as negative. Maybe people are just trying - probably too hard - to help.

Since we are all fans of an orphaned car, from a now orphaned manufacturer, we've all become accustomed to improvising, brainstorming, and making do with whatever we can cobble together.
We're not actually accustomed to dealing with anything resembling "the real deal". THIS is the real deal.

I have the utmost confidence in Keith's project. I haven't had much to say lately but I am, most certainly, still here.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2019 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I appreciate all your support. It is this support that keeps the team engaged in this project. We as always are doing our due diligence to bring you a safe, quality product at a fair price.

------------------
Goody

George P Wood

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2019 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for George P WoodSend a Private Message to George P WoodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would be willing to pay more to have the "PONTIAC" approved by GM, if that is what it takes.
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2019 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ZCR1:

That is exactly what I want (my pre-order is already in)
racingfortheson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2019 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Start making complete clear and tinted sets. Let customers paint what ever they want. I worked for a company who made reproduction vintage Honda parts. We sold the parts without the honda logo on it, and sold a honda stencil also. I went through all the posts. I didn't see how much they would cost.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock