Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  My 88 Fiero GT 14k miles (Page 36)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
My 88 Fiero GT 14k miles by BV MotorSports
Started on: 03-16-2012 02:48 PM
Replies: 1936 (68281 views)
Last post by: BV MotorSports on 01-13-2017 07:45 PM
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2013 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On a recommendation, I removed the CC entirely and changed some of the vac routing. I also refitted the exhaust. Result? The car idles fairly well now. And the tuning begins.
IP: Logged
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2013 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i hope you did a boost leak check.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2013 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look who was out of the garage today!

Got a bath too!

------------------
2009 G8 GT Kook's 1 3/4 LT's, Kooks catted Xpipe, Magnaflow axleback, Vararam CAI, HSRK, HPTuners, Atari gauges

1988 Fiero GT L67, PT67bb, w2a, F23, & more

1987 Fiero GT 3.4TDC Road Racer.

ƒ13r0'$ rµ£3

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2013 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001
Oh yeah, if anyone is interested, I am gonna sell the rims off my 88. They would be perfect on a 84-87. On a 88 you need to camber the snot out of it. I am gonna buy some RPF1's once this thing is driveable. I'll be putting the stock wheels back on tomorrow.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2013 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, not much to report. I dusted the inside of the hood black so it isnt so ugly now. I am half temped to put the stock hood back on until I can get the vented hood thru the body shop. Plus, I swear it's "warped". I have a block of wood under the pass corner with a 10# weight on the end. I'll set it out in the 80f Florida sun tomorrow and see if it helps.

I priced out some PRF1's. Man.. its so hard not to pull the trigger. But, I said no more new "toys" until I know this damn car isnt hiding anymore surprises. I think I'll plastidip the stock wheels and put them back on the car. Not too keen about running all that neg camber up front just to kinda get the wheels to clear. Totally my fault. I dont know what I was thinking when I ordered that wheel size and offset.

Robbie and I will start tuning this weekend. Tim @ ZZP wants some on the road datalogs but I am not too sure about driving it with its current tune. Need to clean the idle up a bit to get rid of the lean surge.

Also, I don't know what Dean did to the brakes but the pedal is HORRIBLE! Lots of travel and its soft. I know he put something on. MC or booster? There was a recent "upgrade" everyone was talking about, and he did it to my car. But I think it was meant for cars with BBK's and not the stock brakes. I have got to get this figured out.

My 3" exhaust is being held up by a few tight bends that are required. Hopefully I'll get that soon.

Eric is working on a set of new hardlines for my chargecooler. I think that was reall nice of him to help out like that.

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 04-24-2013).]

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2013 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BV,
That beast is looking really good! Maybe just getting it into one color (paint hood/install red hood and scoop/vents) would make you feel a bit better about it. Its coming along nicely and the work you are doing is awesome and detailed. Just keep forging ahead...not long now!
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2013 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good Steve!

------------------
'88 GT, 3800 SC II, IMSA/MadCurls widebody combo, Choptop, Borla exhaust, GT-One NSX Headlights, RX-8 mirrors.
FGTO Build thread ~> Link

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2013 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome back buddy!
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2013 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool Dave's in da house
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2013 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Robbie and I will start tuning this weekend. Tim @ ZZP wants some on the road datalogs but I am not too sure about driving it with its current tune. Need to clean the idle up a bit to get rid of the lean surge.

Its really leaner than like 20:1? Your idle should be up around an observed 18:1 or so on that cam for a "normal" idle, anything richer would probably be "too rich" in reality. Idle surge comes from cam surge which comes from improper timing and or too much fuel.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2013 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

Its really leaner than like 20:1? Your idle should be up around an observed 18:1 or so on that cam for a "normal" idle, anything richer would probably be "too rich" in reality. Idle surge comes from cam surge which comes from improper timing and or too much fuel.

PM me your email and I'll send you the most recent datalog
PFF
System Bot
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2013 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Started installing the WBo2 last night. Looks like if I use the yellow wire it will keep the ECU happy for the NBo2 reading. Hopefully we can get some tuning done this weekend. I got a lot going on this weekend so it will be interesting!
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2013 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looks like if I use the yellow wire it will keep the ECU happy for the NBo2 reading.

No, this will cause tons and tons of problems.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2013 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How so? The directions on the LC1 show that I can use the WBo2 in place of the stock o2. Use the yellow wire from the WBo2 (narrow feed) and tap it back into the original harness. Why would this cause a problem? I dont have a problem adding another bung, but it seems like this would be a simple option.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2013 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001
BTW I sent the .csv file to you Scott.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2013 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not to hijack your thread BV but I have contacted Sgt Burns and Lt Sims. Things have been set in motion on my end.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2013 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

Not to hijack your thread BV but I have contacted Sgt Burns and Lt Sims. Things have been set in motion on my end.

Its all good. Better late than never!
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2013 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001
Update!!!! Prepare to drool:

Custom made (made to order) T304SS 3" vband exhaust for the '88!!!!!!!!! Very inexpensive for what I am getting too!!!

Made exclusively by Fierobsessed

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 05-03-2013).]

nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2013 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2013 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nitroheadz28:

Beautiful

I agree. Hands down one of the nicest bits for my car. Worth every single penny, if not much more.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2013 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is Purty!
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2013 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:
Custom made (made to order) T304SS 3" vband exhaust for the '88!!!!!!!!!
<snip>

THAT is friggin' schweet!!
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2013 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That exhaust is very nice!
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2013 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very sexy!

------------------
'88 GT, 3800 SC II, IMSA/MadCurls widebody combo, Choptop, Borla exhaust, GT-One NSX Headlights, RX-8 mirrors.
FGTO Build thread ~> Link

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2013 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Dave. I keep trying to organize time to start tuning the car. I guess the delays arent so bad. Hopefully my exhaust will be here soon. I so want to drop the hammer on this damn car!
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2013 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks Dave. I keep trying to organize time to start tuning the car. I guess the delays arent so bad. Hopefully my exhaust will be here soon. I so want to drop the hammer on this damn car!

There shouldnt be much if any tuning to do on it. Changing anything more than a few tweaks after a base tune is extremely uncommon on "normal" stuff.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2013 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There shouldnt be much if any tuning to do on it. Changing anything more than a few tweaks after a base tune is extremely uncommon on "normal" stuff.

Of course you are right, I was trying to make me feel better about the delays! lol
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2013 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice exhaust. Makes mine look like a kindergartner made it...
ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2013 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now that is very nice!
No trunk cutting needed, right? i like the tips are they resonated?
al
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No cutting or alteration from stock.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2013 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The exhaust has been shipped. If all goes well I'll get it installed and the car will be going in for a tune next week (locally, till I can get about 500 break-in miles then its off to MASE). I need to get a few minor things done before then. Alignment, wire the wb02 thats already installed, and pressure bleed the brakes and clutch. *fingers crossed*

If, and that's a BIG if, all goes well I plan on taking the car to a local upholstery shop and get all the leather and alcantara work on the interior. I figure next year I can get the car painted satin GMG.
PFF
System Bot
Justinbart

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2013 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What are you going to gain by taking it to MASE?

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
11.17@132.6

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2013 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Justinbart:

What are you going to gain by taking it to MASE?

Get it dyno tuned by a professional that has tuned several of my previous cars.

Edit it clarify for you Justin. I plan on getting the tune cleaned up (locally) to be able to safely drive the car in order to break it in. I figure 400-500 miles should be enough to shake the car down and find any problems before I drive 5hrs to see MASE. I am sure the local guy could tune the car very well. I just trust MASE to do the best tune possible. MASE can take a well tuned car and typically make more power, with less boost, and make it so much more drivable (smooth). The guy is probably the 2nd best tuner I have ever worked with. First being Richard Bulmer of Tracktive Solutions UK. I choose to go this method to, hopefully, avoid hauling the car all the way to MASE only to find out there is a problem that could have been found if I took the time and got some miles on her first.

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 05-14-2013).]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2013 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001
Well, I got the wb02 installed and wired. The wiring is kinda temp right now. I got the sensor calibrated and just need to figure out what I want to do. I have the LC-1 gauge but my aeroforce will accept the wbo2 signal so I really don't need it use the LC-1's gauge... Hmmmm what to do? I also have a 3 gauge panel that goes in place of the stock AUX gauges. However, if I use that, I'll loose the voltmeter and I will have to buy a matching innovate oil pressure gauge (read: expensive). Problem is, those two will match, but the aeroforce will not. What to do, what to do? Yes, I am really picky.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2013 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its impossible for any tuner to make more power than any other tuner... you are tuning 2 things... and GM has already tuned your normal driver type stuff. Doing any tuning on this is going to be a complete waste of time and money.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2013 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Having said that... Have you considered a pillar pod for the additional gauges?
Keep your stockers in place.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2013 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Its impossible for any tuner to make more power than any other tuner... you are tuning 2 things... and GM has already tuned your normal driver type stuff. Doing any tuning on this is going to be a complete waste of time and money.

Say what????????
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2013 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Say what????????

I had the exact same reaction.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2013 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Having said that... Have you considered a pillar pod for the additional gauges?
Keep your stockers in place.

I thought about it and it does seem to be a really good option. IIRC its the dual pillar pod from a mid 90's Neon, right?
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2013 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I thought about it and it does seem to be a really good option. IIRC its the dual pillar pod from a mid 90's Neon, right?

Now that you mention it, you may be right. I haven't thought about it for a while, though.
It WAS mentioned here, I'm pretty sure.

Edit - https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...050119-2-053703.html

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 05-15-2013).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock