Started on: 07-28-2004 02:52 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: NotAFieroAnyLonger on 08-13-2004 12:22 AM
vinny

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2004 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vinnySend a Private Message to vinnyDirect Link to This Post
The Fiero store has pods that fit on the pillar for one or two guages. I don't figure they were built just for Fieros. Does anyone know what other car they might have come from? Also, can aftermarket electric guages fit in them? On the site it states for use with mechanical guages. I am trying to fit a aftermarket fiberglass dash in my car and I don't really have room for the factory guage pod so I want to place them on the pillar (in a pod). Couple more question, how hard is it to wire up new electric guages in the place of the factory guages ( just the volts and oil guages)? Will they work with the factory sending units, and are they usually accurate?

Thanks Folks
Vinny

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Paul Prince

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 110
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2004 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Paul PrinceSend a Private Message to Paul PrinceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by vinny:

The Fiero store has pods that fit on the pillar for one or two guages. I don't figure they were built just for Fieros. Does anyone know what other car they might have come from? Also, can aftermarket electric guages fit in them? On the site it states for use with mechanical guages. I am trying to fit a aftermarket fiberglass dash in my car and I don't really have room for the factory guage pod so I want to place them on the pillar (in a pod). Couple more question, how hard is it to wire up new electric guages in the place of the factory guages ( just the volts and oil guages)? Will they work with the factory sending units, and are they usually accurate?

Thanks Folks
Vinny

They prolly get them from Autometer, but what's wrong with supporting the Fiero Store?
I have the two gauge POD and I use electrical gauges in them. Nitrous pressure and fuel pressure.
As to wiring up the electrical gauges, the oil pressure gauge will likey come with its own sender, you just need to tee the sender into the existing oil supply line to the factory sender. And I would keep the existing oil pressure sender as it is a backup to the fuel pump relay.
I prefer the mechanical gauges for oil pressure and coolant temp. The electrical gauges are accurate as long as you follow the installation instructions. Proper grounding in most important in any electrical gauge..........Paul

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2004 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
I have the two gage one. If it is for other car I don't know but it fits perfectly on mine. Thay accept 2-1/16" gages.

------------------
Palm Beach Fieros
http://pbfieros.tripod.com

Unsafe At Any Speed

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 315
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2004 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedDirect Link to This Post
It's for an Integra I think. Early to mid 90s I think.
scarletmacaw9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2004 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scarletmacaw9Send a Private Message to scarletmacaw9Direct Link to This Post
I have the 3000gt dash in my . and having 200mph speedometer (working now ) 3 3/8 and tach 3 3/8 too and 3 of 2'' for volt water and oil.I'm waiting for them to arrive in the it has been 2 weeks and it not here yet. I 'm very upset with the radcepartdirect.com . first they said it 5-7 days .if i didn't called them to reminded about my ordered who know if
they ever remenber to send thenm at all.
anyway they dash look great. I re-use the fuel gauge from fiero and cut trim them so it fit on new dash and do the same with signals and engine service warmning etc . it does looks and feel great evrytime sit behind wheel .give the car good look than stock dash
David Bartlett

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2004 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David BartlettSend a Private Message to David BartlettDirect Link to This Post
20100 is the correct pod, It's designed to fit an Acura Integra, 2 Door 90-93 but fits the Fiero perfectly. I have one myself. Good Luck.
Coinage

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2004 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoinageClick Here to visit Coinage's HomePageSend a Private Message to CoinageDirect Link to This Post
is there any triple pods out there?
vinny

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2004 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vinnySend a Private Message to vinnyDirect Link to This Post
I'm not knockin' the Fiero store. Believe me, I have supported them probably more than the average person and will again in about two days. I was just curious about my options. Any more info would be great!

Thanks again
Vinny

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2004 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by David Bartlett:

20100 is the correct pod, It's designed to fit an Acura Integra, 2 Door 90-93 but fits the Fiero perfectly. I have one myself. Good Luck.

That's the one...

Coinage..
yeah, I have seen a few triple pod's!

------------------

*~*CUSTOM BUILT!!*~*

*~*W I D E B O D Y-- GT!!*~*
*~*UNDER SURGERY!!*~*

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors