Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Quotes. (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 30 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30 
Previous Page | Next Page
Quotes. by 84Bill
Started on: 10-13-2004 03:34 AM
Replies: 1165
Last post by: Boondawg on 04-24-2011 01:01 AM
84Bill

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post10-13-2004 03:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
Insightful quotes from our own community.
-------------------------------------------

"For those of us who have been to iraq, politics and foreign policy becomes blood and your buddies to the left and to the right of you." - Psychosis39

"Extremism on any front is normally for those seeking leadership and find it in the misguided. - blackrams

"We have plenty of number crunchers already. We don't have very many to educate people about philosophy and history and how it applies to their future." - pokeyfiero

"I blame myself as much as anything. I've always thought that I was too insignificant to make a difference, so I didn't get involved. I'm starting to think that it's time to get involved..." - F-I-E-R-O

"Shame on them, and shame on us for allowing them to do what they did." NEPTUNE

"I blame us for letting the government get too big and involved in the first place." - Derek_85GT:

"I am more than happy to pay a small amount out of every check to keep mobs of desperate people from robbing everyone" - Pyrthian

"I know the answer, but, like both of y'all - I cant prove it - so I wont bother you with it." - Pyrthian

"I think being happy is a skill. I've used sex & drugs to master that skill" - Pyrthian

Your life. It's no one elses, and therefore cannot be dictated on the whim of someones personal belief on how they should live it, as long as it does not hurt another." - Boondawg

"The fabric of human exsistance is not tightly woven, and pulling on one thread cannot unravel it.
Rather, it is a tangled, jumbled mess, and the more you pull at it and try to straiten it out, the tighter the tangle becomes" - Boondawg

"The more I learn, the more I appreciate the depth and breadth of my ignorance. We are all fools, the wisest of us are aware of it, the rest..." - Lurker

"The freedom of other people to live their lives according to conscience is exponentially more important than my personal convictions." - fogglethorpe

"When the constitution was written there was no distinction between guns that would be used for hunting or those that would be used for killing people, there was no difference. The constitution was not written to protect hunting rifles or target practice revolvers from being taken from us. It was written to make sure we could always defend ourselves, mainly against evil people or governments." - Cadillac Jack:

---------------------------------------
Other noteworthy quotes.....

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms (of government) those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny” - Thomas Jefferson

"Do not confuse “duty” with what other people expect of you; they are utterly different." - Robert Heinlein.

"I am a soldier so that my son may be a farmer so that his son may be a philosopher." - George Washington

Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves. - Henry David Thoreau

"The poverty of our century is unlike that of any other. It is not, as poverty was before, the result of natural scarcity, but of a set of priorities imposed upon the rest of the world by the rich. Consequently, the modern poor are not pitied but written off as trash. The twentieth-century consumer economy has produced the first culture for which a beggar is a reminder of nothing."
--John Berger

"Our government has kept us in a perpetual state of fear -- kept us in a continuous stampede of patriotic fervor -- with the cry of grave national emergency. Always, there has been some terrible evil at home, or some monstrous foreign power that was going to gobble us up if we did not blindly rally behind it."
--General Douglas MacArthur

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it away."
--Thomas Jefferson

"To believe is to accept another's truth, to know is your own creation" - Unknown Internet Poster

"Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave, in a well preserved body, but to slide in sideways, totally worn out, Shouting...Holy **** ...What a Ride!" - Unknown

"The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom." -The great Milton Friedman

"If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom and yet depreciate agitation, are people who want crops without ploughing the ground; they want rain without thunder and lightning; they want the ocean without the roar of its many waters. The struggle may be a moral one, or it may be a physical one, or it may be both. But it must be a struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand; it never has and it never will." - Frederick Douglass

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.
P. J. O'Rourke

“In my lifetime, I have never felt more ashamed of my leadership in Washington, and I would hope from time to time that you have the humility and grace to be ashamed of yourself.” -Harry Taylor

We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill

"Foreign aid might be defined as a transfer from poor people in rich countries to rich people in poor countries." -- Douglas Casey

Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. -- James Bovard (1994)

Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you. - Benjamin Franklin

I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. -- Will Rogers

In general, the art of government consists in taking as much money as possible from one party of the citizens to give to the other. -- Voltaire

It's not fair to say that Congress spends money like a drunk sailor. At least the sailor is spending his own money! - President Ronald Reagan

When everyone thinks alike, few are doing much thinking -Nashua Cavalier

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." –Aesop

The short memories of American voters is what keeps our politicians in office." –Will Rogers

There are just two rules of governance in a free society: Mind your own business. Keep your hands to yourself. --P.J. O'Rourke

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free. -- P.J. O'Rourke

There ain’t no rules around here! We’re trying to accomplish something. --Thomas Edison

Talk is cheap -- except when Congress does it. -- Cullen Hightower

Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the national debt. -- Herbert Hoover

What this country needs are more unemployed politicians. -- Edward Langley

If no one among us is capable of governing himself, then who among us is capable of governing someone else?" -- Ronald Reagan

Under bad governments, this equality is only apparent and illusory: it serves only to keep the pauper in his poverty and the rich man in the position he has usurped. In fact, laws are always of use to those who possess and harmful to those who have nothing: from which it follows that the social state is advantageous to men only when all have something and none too much. - Jean Jacques Rousseau

Some of my own
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
"The enemy of the people is their own ignorance and one day they will wake up to find themselves prisoner of their own designs.." - 84Bill

"To live as one wishes is utopia... To have the opportunity to vote for someone who will defend that right is utopian." - 84Bill

"ACTIONS are a more accurate representation of not only a candidates political "compass" but are also a measure of how well calibrated their compass is at LEADING the country in the right direction."

[This message has been edited by 84Bill (edited 02-19-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2004 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
"Do I hear water running?" - Capt. William J. Smith, Titanic, April 1912
fogglethorpe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 158
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2004 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fogglethorpeSend a Private Message to fogglethorpeDirect Link to This Post
"I don't think so; therefore, I'm probably not." Rene DesCartes confused younger brother Claude.

------------------
Veritas

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2004 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Good ones.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post10-13-2004 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
"I have never seen a greater monster or miracle then myself."
~Montaigne~ (1533 - 1592)

"They speak of my drinking, but never my thirst."
~Scottish Proverb~

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal."
~Albert Einstein~ (1879 - 1955)

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2004 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. -- James Bovard (1994)

that would be funny if it wasn't true

------------------
I will not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2004 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
"The problem with the world is that everyone else is a few drinks behind."
-Humphrey Bogart.
hugh

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2004 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hughSend a Private Message to hughDirect Link to This Post
General Custer at The Little Big Horn" Where the **** did all these Indians come from?"
The mayor of Hiroshima"what the **** was that?"
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2004 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
should there be this many extra bolts?
Feiro owners.
Lex

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 217
User Banned

Report this Post10-13-2004 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LexClick Here to visit Lex's HomePageSend a Private Message to LexDirect Link to This Post
“Functionless art is simply tolerated vandalism.
-TON (Although it could be someone talking about country music)

"God is dead."
Friedrich Nietzsche

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2004 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
"Fred is dead."
-God

"Sloth is the mother of invention."

"I pity people who don't drink. When they get up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
-Ernest Hemingway

PFF
System Bot
Lex

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-13-2004 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LexClick Here to visit Lex's HomePageSend a Private Message to LexDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

"Fred is dead."
-God

Heres a quote to answer that....

"Were you trying to make a joke? You have a singluar wit.

Oh, wait, I forgot the ....

There. All nice and funny now."
- Formula88

God didn't say anything.

"God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him"

[This message has been edited by Lex (edited 10-13-2004).]

ShaddowGt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2004 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShaddowGtSend a Private Message to ShaddowGtDirect Link to This Post
"He's dead Jim!"
- Doctor McCoy

"Welfare's purpose should be to eliminate, as far as possible, the need for its own existence."
- Ronald Reagan

and in my sig

------------------
88 Quad Coupe

MY EMAIL IS: sage14823@hotmail.com
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
-Patton

Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2004 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lex:

"God is dead."
Friedrich Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead."
God

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2004 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

"God is dead."
Friedrich Nietzsche

Originally posted by Toddster:
"Nietzsche is dead."
God

Haha one good turn deserves another

What about this one Bill?

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they are okay, then it's you.
--Rita Mae Brown

------------------
America has never been innocent at all; it is not possible to call innocent a country where the original residents were systematically wiped out and the new tenants built a society in large part on the labor of people who were shipped over in chains from another continent.But we do make damn good movies.

[This message has been edited by pokeyfiero (edited 10-14-2004).]

fogglethorpe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 158
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2004 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fogglethorpeSend a Private Message to fogglethorpeDirect Link to This Post
"If you can't laugh at yourself, make fun of other people." -fogglethorpe

------------------
Veritas

malacite

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2004 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for malaciteSend a Private Message to malaciteDirect Link to This Post
"i need this parade like i need an f-ing hole in the head."
-JFK

------------------

[This message has been edited by malacite (edited 10-14-2004).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-14-2004 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
"Computers are useless. They can only give you answers."
~ Pablo Picasso ~ (1881-1973)

"It is easier to forgive an enemy then to forgive a friend."
~ William Blake ~ (1757-1827)

"Man is certainly stark raving mad. He cannot make a worm, yet he will be making Gods by the dozens."
~ Montaigne ~ (1553-1592)

Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2004 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post
"How easily people forget when something is in the past huh? What the hell?" - connecticutFIERO
Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2004 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post
Well, gentlemen, you are about to see a baked Appel.
Executed in electric chair in New York.
~~ George Appel, d. 1928.

How about this for a headline for tomorrow's paper? French fries.
Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.
~~ James French, d. 1966

""Ninety percent of the game is half mental." --Jim Wohford

"Thanks, you don't look so hot yourself." - after being told he looked cool (Yogi Berra)

"I could take Sean Connery in a fight... I could definitely take him." - Harrison Ford

Comparing Madonna with Marilyn Monroe is like comparing Rachel Welch to the back of a bus. .
- - Boy George

Boy George makes me sick. . - - Madonna

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-14-2004 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
"If at first you don't succeed, pretend to be upset about it" - 84Bill

"Acting normal only seems to happen when no one else is around" - 84Bill

PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2004 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

God didn't say anything.

Those who don't listen can't hear.

Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2004 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post
"Honest officer, I was just helpin' that sheep over the fence"- Joe-Bob from Ima Hump, WV.
Lex

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-14-2004 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LexClick Here to visit Lex's HomePageSend a Private Message to LexDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Toddster:

"Nietzsche is dead."
God

God SAID that?

Lex

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-14-2004 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LexClick Here to visit Lex's HomePageSend a Private Message to LexDirect Link to This Post

Lex

1030 posts
Member since Nov 2003

Originally posted by Formula88:

Those who don't listen can't hear.

Listen to what?

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2004 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
Formula88 and Lex are dorks.
unknown author

[This message has been edited by pokeyfiero (edited 10-15-2004).]

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2004 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
I've spent my whole life sticking it to the man,I don't think i can be the man.
Col. Jack O'neil,SGC
Wolfhound

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2004 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post
What pokey said!
NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2004 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

Formula88 and Lex are dorks.
unknown author

"dorks"spelled backwards is skrod. (a fish)

SUBARU spelled backwards is U R A BUS.

And FORD spelled backwards is DROF- Driver Returns On Foot.

-Neptoon.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin

[This message has been edited by NEPTUNE (edited 10-15-2004).]

Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2004 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post
The motto that I have been forced to adopt at work:
"Keep your friends close. Keep your enemies even closer" -- The Smoking Man, X-files
JRM-2M6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2004 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JRM-2M6Click Here to visit JRM-2M6's HomePageSend a Private Message to JRM-2M6Direct Link to This Post
socialism is like offering a loaf of bread to a hungry crowd hoping that some will be considerate enough to die of starvation so others can live 1 more day..... ME!

[This message has been edited by JRM-2M6 (edited 10-15-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
Patrick's Dad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2004 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Patrick's DadClick Here to visit Patrick's Dad's HomePageSend a Private Message to Patrick's DadDirect Link to This Post
"No more blah! blah! blah!"
-Capt. James T. Kirk, about two hundred years from now.

"Fascinating!"
-Mr. Spock, ibid.

"Laddie, don't you think you should rephrase that?"
Lt. Cdr. Montgomery Scott, ibid.

"Somebody help the Captain!"
-William Shatner, sometime in the mid 1960's

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-15-2004 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
Things said while tripping:

"The one thing any two things have in common is that one thing."
~ Boondawg ~

"Wood burns becouse water won't."
~ Boondawg ~

"I'm hearing with my eyes!"
~ Boondawg ~

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-15-2004 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
"Formula88 and Lex are dorks." - pokeyfiero -10-14-2004 10:27 PM
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2004 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
I don't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs.
--Nancy Reagan, former First Lady

Love is grand; divorce is a hundred grand.

Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy.
--Albert Einstein

A man is only as old as the woman he feels.
--Groucho Marx (1890-1977) US comedian

[This message has been edited by pokeyfiero (edited 10-16-2004).]

G-Nasty

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2004 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for G-NastyClick Here to visit G-Nasty's HomePageSend a Private Message to G-NastyDirect Link to This Post
"It is to be regretted that the rich and powerful too often bend the ax of government to thier selfish purposes".
--President Andrew Jackson

"We know that dictators are quick to choose aggression, while free nations strive to resolve differences in peace".
-- Dubya

Tinker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2004 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TinkerClick Here to visit Tinker's HomePageSend a Private Message to TinkerDirect Link to This Post
"I don't know, a proof is a proof. What kind of a proof is a proof? A proof is a proof and when you have a good proof it's because it's proven."

Prime Minister Jean Chretien 2002

(PM Jean Chretien, when asked what kind of proof he would need of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq before deciding to send Canadians along on the Bush invasion-September 5th on CTV news)

Kevin

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-16-2004 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by G-Nasty:

"We know that dictators are quick to choose aggression, while free nations strive to resolve differences in peace".
-- Dubya

PPWAAAHHHHH!!!!!
That's a keeper.

Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2004 02:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NEPTUNE:

"dorks"spelled backwards is skrod. (a fish)

LOL BOSS spelled backwards is

Double "S" OB

Max

I've reached that time in my life when every part of my body is stiff but one..........

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2004 04:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by G-Nasty:

-- Dubya

Is that an actual quote?!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 30 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock