Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Quotes. (Page 29)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 30 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30 
Previous Page | Next Page
Quotes. by 84Bill
Started on: 10-13-2004 03:34 AM
Replies: 1165
Last post by: Boondawg on 04-24-2011 01:01 AM
84Bill

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post09-10-2008 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
"When the Nazis came for the communists, I remained silent; I was not a communist. When they locked up the social democrats, I remained silent; I was not a social democrat. When they came for the trade unionists, I did not speak out; I was not a trade unionist. When they came for the Jews, I remained silent; I wasn't a Jew. When they came for me, there was no one left to speak out." - Pastor Martin Niemöller
IP: Logged
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-10-2008 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

84Bill

21085 posts
Member since Apr 2001
Insightful quotes from our own community.
-------------------------------------------

"For those of us who have been to iraq, politics and foreign policy becomes blood and your buddies to the left and to the right of you." - Psychosis39

"Extremism on any front is normally for those seeking leadership and find it in the misguided. - blackrams

"We have plenty of number crunchers already. We don't have very many to educate people about philosophy and history and how it applies to their future." - pokeyfiero

"I blame myself as much as anything. I've always thought that I was too insignificant to make a difference, so I didn't get involved. I'm starting to think that it's time to get involved..." - F-I-E-R-O

"Shame on them, and shame on us for allowing them to do what they did." NEPTUNE

"I blame us for letting the government get too big and involved in the first place." - Derek_85GT:

"I am more than happy to pay a small amount out of every check to keep mobs of desperate people from robbing everyone" - Pyrthian

"I know the answer, but, like both of y'all - I cant prove it - so I wont bother you with it." - Pyrthian

"I think being happy is a skill. I've used sex & drugs to master that skill" - Pyrthian

Your life. It's no one elses, and therefore cannot be dictated on the whim of someones personal belief on how they should live it, as long as it does not hurt another." - Boondawg

"The fabric of human exsistance is not tightly woven, and pulling on one thread cannot unravel it.
Rather, it is a tangled, jumbled mess, and the more you pull at it and try to straiten it out, the tighter the tangle becomes" - Boondawg

"The more I learn, the more I appreciate the depth and breadth of my ignorance. We are all fools, the wisest of us are aware of it, the rest..." - Lurker

"The freedom of other people to live their lives according to conscience is exponentially more important than my personal convictions." - fogglethorpe

"When the constitution was written there was no distinction between guns that would be used for hunting or those that would be used for killing people, there was no difference. The constitution was not written to protect hunting rifles or target practice revolvers from being taken from us. It was written to make sure we could always defend ourselves, mainly against evil people or governments." - Cadillac Jack:

---------------------------------------
Other noteworthy quotes.....

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms (of government) those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny” - Thomas Jefferson

"Do not confuse “duty” with what other people expect of you; they are utterly different." - Robert Heinlein.

"I am a soldier so that my son may be a farmer so that his son may be a philosopher." - George Washington

Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves. - Henry David Thoreau

"The poverty of our century is unlike that of any other. It is not, as poverty was before, the result of natural scarcity, but of a set of priorities imposed upon the rest of the world by the rich. Consequently, the modern poor are not pitied but written off as trash. The twentieth-century consumer economy has produced the first culture for which a beggar is a reminder of nothing."
--John Berger

"Our government has kept us in a perpetual state of fear -- kept us in a continuous stampede of patriotic fervor -- with the cry of grave national emergency. Always, there has been some terrible evil at home, or some monstrous foreign power that was going to gobble us up if we did not blindly rally behind it."
--General Douglas MacArthur

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it away."
--Thomas Jefferson

"To believe is to accept another's truth, to know is your own creation" - Unknown Internet Poster

"Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave, in a well preserved body, but to slide in sideways, totally worn out, Shouting...Holy **** ...What a Ride!" - Unknown

"The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom." -The great Milton Friedman

"If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom and yet depreciate agitation, are people who want crops without ploughing the ground; they want rain without thunder and lightning; they want the ocean without the roar of its many waters. The struggle may be a moral one, or it may be a physical one, or it may be both. But it must be a struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand; it never has and it never will." - Frederick Douglass

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.
P. J. O'Rourke

“In my lifetime, I have never felt more ashamed of my leadership in Washington, and I would hope from time to time that you have the humility and grace to be ashamed of yourself.” -Harry Taylor

We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill

"Foreign aid might be defined as a transfer from poor people in rich countries to rich people in poor countries." -- Douglas Casey

Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. -- James Bovard (1994)

Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you. - Benjamin Franklin

I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. -- Will Rogers

In general, the art of government consists in taking as much money as possible from one party of the citizens to give to the other. -- Voltaire

It's not fair to say that Congress spends money like a drunk sailor. At least the sailor is spending his own money! - President Ronald Reagan

When everyone thinks alike, few are doing much thinking -Nashua Cavalier

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." –Aesop

The short memories of American voters is what keeps our politicians in office." –Will Rogers

There are just two rules of governance in a free society: Mind your own business. Keep your hands to yourself. --P.J. O'Rourke

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free. -- P.J. O'Rourke

There ain’t no rules around here! We’re trying to accomplish something. --Thomas Edison

Talk is cheap -- except when Congress does it. -- Cullen Hightower

Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the national debt. -- Herbert Hoover

What this country needs are more unemployed politicians. -- Edward Langley

If no one among us is capable of governing himself, then who among us is capable of governing someone else?" -- Ronald Reagan

Under bad governments, this equality is only apparent and illusory: it serves only to keep the pauper in his poverty and the rich man in the position he has usurped. In fact, laws are always of use to those who possess and harmful to those who have nothing: from which it follows that the social state is advantageous to men only when all have something and none too much. - Jean Jacques Rousseau

Some of my own
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
"The enemy of the people is their own ignorance and one day they will wake up to find themselves prisoner of their own designs.." - 84Bill

"To live as one wishes is utopia... To have the opportunity to vote for someone who will defend that right is utopian." - 84Bill

"ACTIONS are a more accurate representation of not only a candidates political "compass" but are also a measure of how well calibrated their compass is at LEADING the country in the right direction."
fogglethorpe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 158
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2008 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fogglethorpeSend a Private Message to fogglethorpeDirect Link to This Post
"Is it ignorance or apathy? Hey, I don't know and I don't care." -Jimmy Buffett

------------------

Peas and Hominy.

SC Coupe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2008 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SC CoupeSend a Private Message to SC CoupeDirect Link to This Post
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2008 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
"Well, I did it. Voted straight Republican ticket" - Susan B. Anthony
fogglethorpe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2008 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fogglethorpeSend a Private Message to fogglethorpeDirect Link to This Post
"The rank and file are not philosophers, they are not educated to think for themselves, but simply to accept, unquestioned, whatever comes." -Susan B. Anthony
SC Coupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2008 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SC CoupeSend a Private Message to SC CoupeDirect Link to This Post
"No one should ever sit in this office over 70 years old, and that I know" -- Dwight D. Eisenhower
SC Coupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2008 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SC CoupeSend a Private Message to SC CoupeDirect Link to This Post

SC Coupe

987 posts
Member since Apr 2002
"What is it exactly that the VP does every day?" - Gov. Sarah Palin
fogglethorpe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2008 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fogglethorpeSend a Private Message to fogglethorpeDirect Link to This Post
"Ignorance costs us more than any government program does." -Rush Limbaugh
PFF
System Bot
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2008 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
"I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go." - Barack Obama
Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2008 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post
"Most of my constituents I know follow the rule the Culberson family follows....to stock up on lots of food, water and ammo as good Texans. We're very self reliant..." US Rep. John Culberson, R-TX in a live interview on Fox in the aftermath of Hurricane Ike
D B Cooper

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2008 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D B CooperSend a Private Message to D B CooperDirect Link to This Post
Shepard's Prayer - "Please, dear God, don't let me f--- up"

Alan Shepard (shortly before the first Mercury launch)

[This message has been edited by D B Cooper (edited 09-19-2008).]

fogglethorpe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2008 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fogglethorpeSend a Private Message to fogglethorpeDirect Link to This Post
“It's not so much what you have to learn if you accept weird theories, it's what you have to unlearn” -Isaac Asimov
SC Coupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2008 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SC CoupeSend a Private Message to SC CoupeDirect Link to This Post
“Not only have individual financial institutions become less vulnerable to shocks from underlying risk factors, but also the financial system as a whole has become more resilient.†— Alan Greenspan 2004
SC Coupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2008 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SC CoupeSend a Private Message to SC CoupeDirect Link to This Post

SC Coupe

987 posts
Member since Apr 2002
“financial weapons of mass destruction, carrying dangers that, while now latent, are potentially lethal.†- Warren Buffet describing financial derivitaves, 2003

[This message has been edited by SC Coupe (edited 10-10-2008).]

SC Coupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2008 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SC CoupeSend a Private Message to SC CoupeDirect Link to This Post

SC Coupe

987 posts
Member since Apr 2002
“What we have found over the years in the marketplace is that derivatives have been an extraordinarily useful vehicle to transfer risk from those who shouldn’t be taking it to those who are willing to and are capable of doing so. We think it would be a mistake to more deeply regulate the contracts"
- Alan Greenspan, 2003
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-11-2008 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
"We are all allowed to like & dislike who ever for any reasons. the trick is to get past that, and see what is truly fair." - Pyrthian
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2008 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
"Fannie and Freddie are fundamentally sound; they are not in danger of going under." - Congressman Barney Frank, Chairman of the House Financial Services Committee which overseas Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae in July 2008, 2 months before Freddie and Fannie collapsed.
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2008 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
Ask. And ye shall receive! - God
PFF
System Bot
Grandaddy84SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2008 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Grandaddy84SESend a Private Message to Grandaddy84SEDirect Link to This Post
"Dammit, how many times do I have to tell you morons, kittens and puppies go on top!" Santa Claus
Wolfhound

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2008 06:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post
Asked, if he had any regrets, at his 75th birthday party, Willie Nelson told the crowd.

"Only that, I have out lived my pecker "
fogglethorpe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2008 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fogglethorpeSend a Private Message to fogglethorpeDirect Link to This Post
And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, "How could it be so?
It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags."
And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before.
"What if Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store? What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more?" ~Dr. Seuss

[This message has been edited by fogglethorpe (edited 12-23-2008).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2008 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.

I'm interested in the fact that the less secure a man is, the more likely he is to have extreme prejudice.

I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves - it's just a question of finding the subject.

It takes tremendous discipline to control the influence, the power you have over other people's lives.

My old drama coach used to say, 'Don't just do something, stand there.' Gary Cooper wasn't afraid to do nothing.

Respect your efforts, respect yourself. Self-respect leads to self-discipline. When you have both firmly under your belt, that's real power.

I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it.

-Clint Eastwood
fogglethorpe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2009 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fogglethorpeSend a Private Message to fogglethorpeDirect Link to This Post
" 'To Serve Man' is a cookbook!" -from The Twilight Zone
SC Coupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SC CoupeSend a Private Message to SC CoupeDirect Link to This Post
"I'll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office."—Dubya, Washington, D.C., May 12, 2008
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2009 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post
"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." -- Former Rep. Suzanna Gratia Hupp (TX)
SC Coupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2009 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SC CoupeSend a Private Message to SC CoupeDirect Link to This Post
"As we consider the road that unfolds before us, we remember with humble gratitude those brave Americans who, at this very hour, patrol far-off deserts and distant mountains. They have something to tell us, just as the fallen heroes who lie in Arlington whisper through the ages.
We honor them not only because they are guardians of our liberty, but because they embody the spirit of service: a willingness to find meaning in something greater than themselves." - President Barack Obama, Jan 20, 2009
SC Coupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2009 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SC CoupeSend a Private Message to SC CoupeDirect Link to This Post

SC Coupe

987 posts
Member since Apr 2002
"I cannot tell you how much enthusiasm we saw in Pakistan for this new president.
There is a moment in time here for this country to re-engage the international community, to make sure that we have international support to stabilize Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iraq." - Senator Lindsey Graham, Jan 14, 2009
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2009 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
"Democrats are on the precipice of securing their reputation as the Chamberlains of our time. In fact, today's appeasers are worse than Neville Chamberlain : Chamberlain didn't have himself as an example." -- Ann Coulter
PFF
System Bot
SC Coupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2009 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SC CoupeSend a Private Message to SC CoupeDirect Link to This Post
“I’m getting so sick and tired of people rooting for the defeat of the good guys.†- Rush Limbaugh, July 2006

"I hope Obama fails" - rush Limbaugh, January 2009

88_Fiero_2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2009 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 88_Fiero_2M4Direct Link to This Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXJ_QsquRZ8

I let this one speek for itself
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2009 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
did you here what i said i know i said it because i was right here when i said it=bad boys
fogglethorpe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2009 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fogglethorpeSend a Private Message to fogglethorpeDirect Link to This Post
"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter" -Winston Churchill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2009 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
-Andrew Brown

Treat a man as he appears to be, and you make him worse. But treat a man as if he were what he potentially could be, and you make him what he should be.
-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Of late I appear
To have reached that stage
When people who look old
are only my age.
~Richard Armour
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2009 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
A government big enough to give you everything you want

is strong enough to take everything you have.

Gerald Ford
Bullet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2009 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BulletSend a Private Message to BulletDirect Link to This Post
"Property is the fruit of labor...property is desirable...is a positive good in the world. That some should be rich shows that others may become rich, and hence is just encouragement to industry and enterprise. Let not him who is houseless pull down the house of another; but let him labor diligently and build one for himself, thus by example assuring that his own shall be safe from violence when built."

Abraham Lincoln - March 21, 1864
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2009 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
'Here's my strategy on the Cold War:
We win, they lose.'- Ronald Reagan
'The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' - Ronald Reagan

'Of the four wars in my lifetime, none came about because the U.S. was too strong.'
- Ronald Reagan

'I have wondered at times about what the Ten Commandments would have looked like if Moses had run them through the U.S. Congress.' - Ronald Reagan

'The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination.'
- Ronald Reagan

'Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other.'
- Ronald Reagan

'The nearest thing to eternal life we will ever see on this earth is a government program.' - Ronald Reagan

'It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.' - Ronald Reagan

'Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it' - Ronald Reagan

'Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed, there are many rewards; if you disgrace yourself, you can always write a book.' - Ronald Reagan

'No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women..'- Ronald Reagan
'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.'

- Ronald Reagan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2009 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
I must say, he did say it well.
Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2009 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post
"My life is getting in the way of my life"
- unknown
AD4Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-07-2009 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AD4BillSend a Private Message to AD4BillDirect Link to This Post
"The difference between a moral man and a man of honor is that the latter regrets a discreditable act, even when it has worked and he has not been caught." - H.L. Mencken

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 30 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock