Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Quotes. (Page 10)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 30 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30 
Previous Page | Next Page
Quotes. by 84Bill
Started on: 10-13-2004 03:34 AM
Replies: 1165
Last post by: Boondawg on 04-24-2011 01:01 AM
webbee

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2006 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for webbeeSend a Private Message to webbeeDirect Link to This Post
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."
--John F. Kennedy
IP: Logged
fogglethorpe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 158
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2006 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fogglethorpeSend a Private Message to fogglethorpeDirect Link to This Post
"Anyone who clings to the historically untrue--and thoroughly immoral--doctrine that 'violence never solves anything' I would advise to conjure up the ghosts of Napoleon Bonaparte and the Duke of Wellington and let them debate it. The Ghost of Hitler could referee, and the jury might well be the Dodo, the Great Auk, and the Passenger Pigeon. Violence, naked force, has settled more disputes in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms."

- Robert Heinlein, author
84Bill

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post07-07-2006 06:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams, August 1, 1776.
fierogtowner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2006 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtownerSend a Private Message to fierogtownerDirect Link to This Post
"Nature intended women to be our slaves. They are our property." - Napolean Bonaparte

^meant to be Funny.
fierogtowner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2006 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtownerSend a Private Message to fierogtownerDirect Link to This Post

fierogtowner

1610 posts
Member since Aug 2005
"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." - Dubya
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2006 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
a small aside, as a passionate reader and coverter of books I consider it a pity to see so many interesting quotes from people who don't read. Life isn't about how fast you can Google a quote to suit your message but how much you absorb from the deliberate study of books.

As Kipling said, "He wrapped himself in quotations -- as a beggar would enfold himself in the purple of Emperors."

fogglethorpe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2006 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fogglethorpeSend a Private Message to fogglethorpeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Toddster:
Life isn't about how fast you can Google a quote to suit your message but how much you absorb from the deliberate study of books.

"Really? I thought it was about how well you can stroke your ego until it throbs, pink and fat, before suddenly shooting billowy wads of self-congratulatory goo into your left eye." -fogglethorpe
fogglethorpe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2006 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fogglethorpeSend a Private Message to fogglethorpeDirect Link to This Post
"Only a nation that can protect its freedom deserves it." -Ehud Olmert 7-17-06
webbee

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2006 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for webbeeSend a Private Message to webbeeDirect Link to This Post
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

--H.L. Mencken
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-17-2006 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
"O God, I could be bounded in a nut shell and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams." - William Shakespeare's Hamelt
fierogtowner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2006 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtownerSend a Private Message to fierogtownerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fogglethorpe:
"Really? I thought it was about how well you can stroke your ego until it throbs, pink and fat, before suddenly shooting billowy wads of self-congratulatory goo into your left eye." -fogglethorpe

Agree.

Originally posted by Toddster:a small aside, as a passionate reader and coverter of books I consider it a pity to see so many interesting quotes from people who don't read. Life isn't about how fast you can Google a quote to suit your message but how much you absorb from the deliberate study of books.

That's nice and in my opinion it's an unreasonable way of judgement of opinion based solely on what you think you know. Go study your books and stop acting like the people that post =interesting= quotes don't read, based on quotes that you draw a conclusion of a person.
PFF
System Bot
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2006 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogtowner:

Originally posted by fogglethorpe:

Agree.

This is where you just lost all credibility. You'll notice no one else has touched it and it has been posted for nearly two weeks!

No point in reading anymore of your post. unless of course you want to quote more Bonanparte. Read him much?

[This message has been edited by Toddster (edited 07-17-2006).]

fierogtowner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2006 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtownerSend a Private Message to fierogtownerDirect Link to This Post
I lost all credibility? That's precious.

It doesn't mean anything that your statement wasn't replied to, it also doesn't make it correct either.

No argument needed, this is simply a thread about quotes. Any quotes. Famous quotes or non famous quotes.

Sure probably almost everyone in here Googled quotes but that doesn't make them a non reader. It is because you think to quote must come from a book that they read, and everyone in here doesn't read, like you said.
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-18-2006 07:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
"We can surely boast of having set the world a beautiful example of a government reformed by reason alone without bloodshed." -Thomas Jefferson

He must have been drilling one of his slaves and smoking krack when he wrote that one.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2006 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
* "Dumbass!" -Red Foreman

* Directed at absolutly no one in particular.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 07-18-2006).]

topher_time

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2006 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeDirect Link to This Post
"Don't hurt him, just scare him"- Malcolm Reynolds
"What? ...pain is scary" - Jayne Cobb

Finally got around to seeing Firefly, been sitting on my shelf for almost 7 months
fogglethorpe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2006 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fogglethorpeSend a Private Message to fogglethorpeDirect Link to This Post
"Mr. Rearden," said Francisco, his voice solemnly calm, "if you saw Atlas, the giant who holds the world on his shoulders, if you saw that he stood, blood running down his chest, his knees buckling, his arms trembling but still trying to hold the world aloft with the last of this strength, and the greater his effort the heavier the world bore down on his shoulders – what would you tell him to do?"

"I … don't know. What … could he do? What would you tell him?"

"To shrug."

From "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand.
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2006 07:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Direct Link to This Post
"I try not to be stupid- It's the smart thing to do." A coworker of mine said this the other day.

------------------
1986 SE 350 V8

fierogtowner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2006 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtownerSend a Private Message to fierogtownerDirect Link to This Post
Naturally, the common people don't want war, but after all, it is the leaders of a country who determine the policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag people along whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Vocie or no vocie, the people can always be brought to bidding of the leaders. This is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of partitism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in every country.

Herman Göring
Greg Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2006 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg ZSend a Private Message to Greg ZDirect Link to This Post
always forgive your enemies but never forget their names
if you love your job you havent worked a day in your life
Greg Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2006 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg ZSend a Private Message to Greg ZDirect Link to This Post

Greg Z

1218 posts
Member since Jun 2004
learn from your parents mistakes use birth control
bigamy is having one wife too many monogamy is the same
when did i realize i was god? well i was praying and i suddenly realized i was talking to myself

------------------

PFF
System Bot
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2006 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogtowner:

Naturally, the common people don't want war, but after all, it is the leaders of a country who determine the policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag people along whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Vocie or no vocie, the people can always be brought to bidding of the leaders. This is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of partitism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in every country.

Herman Göring

"We make war that we may live in peace." - Aristotle

The issue of "credibility" amongst these two philosophers is up to you.

[This message has been edited by Toddster (edited 07-20-2006).]

webbee

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2006 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for webbeeSend a Private Message to webbeeDirect Link to This Post
If it floats, flies or f#*ks...rent, don't buy.
--Internet Wag
SC Coupe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2006 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SC CoupeSend a Private Message to SC CoupeDirect Link to This Post
"What the Bush administration has failed to understand is that while diplomacy without power is weak, power without diplomacy is blind." - Former U.N. ambassador and current New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson
webbee

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2006 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for webbeeSend a Private Message to webbeeDirect Link to This Post
Life is short
Eat more ice cream

--Internet Wag
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2006 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post
Be careful, The toes you steep on today, may be connected to the azz you have to kiss tomorow.

This describes the possibility of a person on your crew this week on one job, might be your forman on the next.

It's good to have an open mind,
just not so open that your brains fall out. Joe
Wolfhound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2006 06:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post
"We're here to bring Iraq a free and democratic society."
"When we finish, we're going to give everybody in the world a puppy."

U.S. Infantryman in Iraq

Wolfhound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2006 06:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post

Wolfhound

5317 posts
Member since Oct 1999
Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President.

~ Theodore Roosevelt
webbee

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2006 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for webbeeSend a Private Message to webbeeDirect Link to This Post
You must learn to be......slow in a Hurry
--Wyatt Earp 1849 1929
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-08-2006 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
"Commerce with all nations, alliance with none, should be our motto." -- Thomas Jefferson
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2006 03:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84Bill:

"Commerce with all nations, alliance with none, should be our motto." -- Thomas Jefferson

Oh that made my heart skip a beat!
ok here is a quote from some guy.

"Humans are the universe proving it exists. Our goal is to learn enough not to come back to this existence to be used again..

Evil Graves.
PFF
System Bot
Fiero Brick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2006 04:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero BrickSend a Private Message to Fiero BrickDirect Link to This Post
"When you swallow a bunch of bull****, it is going to leave a bad taste in your mouth."
-uh, me.

Ignorance is bad people, mmmkay?
fogglethorpe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2006 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fogglethorpeSend a Private Message to fogglethorpeDirect Link to This Post
"Often, journalists are best when they just take dictation." Don Goldwater, AZ Gubernatorial candidate and nephew of political icon Barry Goldwater
Phil86SE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2006 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Phil86SESend a Private Message to Phil86SEDirect Link to This Post
"When shopping for laz-e-boys, remember that it is hard to speak in an Arabic language with a mouth full of peanut butter."

- Phil
Phil86SE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2006 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Phil86SESend a Private Message to Phil86SEDirect Link to This Post

Phil86SE

1476 posts
Member since Mar 2003
"In my day, we couldn't afford shoes, so we went barefoot. In the winter we had to wrap our feet with barbed wire for traction."
---Bill Flavin

- Phil
SC Coupe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2006 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SC CoupeSend a Private Message to SC CoupeDirect Link to This Post
"You can drill in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, on every continental shelf and atop every hill in America for that matter, and you still won't reverse the fact that our oil production is in permanent decline. We're just sopping up what's left, digging ourselves into a deeper hole."

- Rep. Roscoe Bartlett (R-MD), senior member of the House Science Committee, on America's oil addiction
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2006 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
“Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”

Ernest Hemingway
fogglethorpe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2006 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fogglethorpeSend a Private Message to fogglethorpeDirect Link to This Post
I took a deep breath and listened to the old bray of my heart. I am. I am. I am. -Sylvia Plath

------------------

Who is John Galt?
Fieros_Forever

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2006 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fieros_ForeverSend a Private Message to Fieros_ForeverDirect Link to This Post

One of my favorite quoters of all time, a great playright and the quote that I use when I'm asked to say anything at a meeting:

"I have nothing to declare except my genuis."

And another one that I think of often while reading online.

"There are only two kinds of people who are really fascinating - people who know absolutely everything, and people who know absolutely nothing."

-Oscar Fingal O'Flahertie Wills Wilde

He has many more. Look him up.

-FF
1986 Fiero 2M6

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2006 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Said to President George W. Bush at a town hall meeting,

"“In my lifetime, I have never felt more ashamed of my leadership in Washington, and I would hope from time to time that you have the humility and grace to be ashamed of yourself.” -Harry Taylor

Whether or not I agree with what he said, I applaud him for speaking his mind in a respectful manner to the President.
I also like that President Bush told the audience to let him speak when they started to boo him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdFQX1NIxJY
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 30 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock