Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  OPIE's Fiero GTX Build (Page 29)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 33 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
OPIE's Fiero GTX Build by TXOPIE
Started on: 01-21-2013 10:48 PM
Replies: 1282 (74023 views)
Last post by: predmeister on 12-14-2021 02:05 PM
pcgold

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2015 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

They clipped on to the post once really good and now went to put them back on and they slide off...wont grip tight enough anymore...maybe a decade ago they were made better than today?

Could be.

BTW, love your builds. I check this thread everyday.

Got any more pics of the cars in their current state?
IP: Logged
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2015 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PCGOLD....thanks and glad you enjoy the thread. I will try and get some more updates (pictures) soon. I will be receiving the last of the ReMera's interior parts to finally finish putting together her interior (well everything except the G1 door panels...Rob is still tweaking on them to get them perfect).

Argenta UPDATES: Stephen Poe was over once again and we made some progress with the DOHC swap.
Well we didn't get her in yet, but the engine is mounted on the cradle and everything is prepped for the final push in a few days.

Still need to re-sand the top of where the coil-overs mount...the paint had a reaction and bubbled

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 06-08-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2015 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
Argenta UPDATES: JSCOTT figured out the short and finished up re-calibrating the re-installed needles (removed to change to blue)...shipping both the Argenta's and the ReMera's gauges back tomorrow

ReMera Gauges:

Remember fresh plastic cover is waiting here when it arrives.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 06-07-2015).]

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2015 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You must have one AWESOME mechanic that knows his business.....I need to gwt his number from u so I csn have him do some work for me since I am always busy on others projects.

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2015 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

You must have one AWESOME mechanic that knows his business.....I need to gwt his number from u so I csn have him do some work for me since I am always busy on others projects.

The only mechanic I use on my Fieros is the BEST...I wish I could clone him!

But I need to let you know...he is a busy guy with the Fieros and all the OT he keeps working for his day job!

FUNNY FUNNY GUY!

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2015 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
ReMera UPDATES: Wrapped the front metal trim plate in black carbon fiber to carry the trim all the way through & painted the back reflective silver (over the OEM orange) for the gauge cluster.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2015 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
INTRODUCTION of a new Fiero in my group (sorta) J-Ray's Modified 87 GT: My Daughter Jessica Ray Ann has decided to get into the Fiero game after watching Kathy & I all these years

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2015 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
J-Ray's Modified UPDATES: Pick up her a set of kleen wheels - wheel brake dust stop for the 15" lace wheels.

I put a set of these on my friend's Fiero in high school (the one that started this all for me) and they make a world of difference...almost eliminates all that brake dust cleanup
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2015 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
Argenta UPDATES: Can we say SWEET Dog Bone!

Can't wait to install it when we install the 3.4 Turbo....which is next after the DOHC gets into the Argenta.

Also just PM'd Member "GOT2B GM" to see if he could do we 2 others in custom length for my 2 DOHC builds...keeping my fingers crossed!

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2015 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Argenta UPDATES: Member "GOT2B GM" said he can make me a custom dog bone for the DOHC swap as well!
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2015 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
Argenta UPDATES: Made a few cuts in the rear to relocate the dog bone for the DOHC.

PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2015 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ReMera UPDATES: Gauge cluster is ready to go in the pod...well excluding that I need an extra aux label that fell off...reaching out to Tom for a new set of labels to attach.

Argenta UPDATES: Working on engine detailing.

Also worked on the trunk side dog-bone mount for the DOHC:

[URL=http://s1086.photobucket.com/user/txopie/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2 015-06/IMAG0992_zpswhyb4mfp.jpg.html][/URL]

It's setup is based off the donor car's design, but cleaned up a bit...I think it will be a more solid bracket this way and look closer to stock.

Once we get it all welded in place and cleaned up...will hit it with a good coat of black Rust-o-leum...should look very stock and seamless when completed.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 06-12-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2015 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ReMera UPDATES: The final leather wrapped interior trim pieces are back from Rob. All pieces are here now and accounted for (excluding G1 door panels...Rob is almost there)...so its all on me at this point!

Need to mount the rear speaker covers back onto the rear trim....will do them tonight.
Time to get the ReMera out of the other garage and back into the Fiero Cave to "Git'er Done".

I need to get the Argenta back together...so I can make room for the ReMera!

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 06-12-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2015 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ReMera UPDATES: Received custom dog bone and it looks great!
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2015 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
J-Ray's Modified UPDATES: We closed the deal on the 87 with the norms front-end. CK LOGISTICS will be picking up the car in Ohio in the next few days and will have it here no later than 25th (10 days from now).

We purchased from the same retired gentleman out of Ohio as I did the Argenta...which is nice since we have stayed in contact since I purchased.

Solid engine, transmission & car, but some assembly required. I have about of week in putting things back together...just exterior trim pieces and interior....nothing mechanical.

After posting this picture...I PM'd Alex, member Irrationable, for a black re-covered steering wheel.

He is currently packing up all the extra pieces and getting everything ready for the transport company.

Ordered a few extras while waiting for it to arrive.

* Grey leather wrapped shift knob.

* Front & back replacement speakers from Rodney

* Shortened shifter, and shift boot (from Rodney)

* Real Black Carbon Fiber trim from BD Trim.

*set of kleen wheels - wheel brake dust stop for the 15" lace wheels.

*Soundstream VR-74H2B DVD receiver

* and the appropriate cord to MirrorLink for my daughter's phone.

Also just scheduled Safelite to be out on the afternoon of the 25th to replace the windshield...the old one had a crack in it.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 06-17-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2015 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
J-Ray's Modified 87 GT UPDATES: Had an extra set of gauges & HVAC controls...so prepped her up a set of Red gauges.

Also after more discussion with my daughter...she has decided to go with the following seats from Mr. Mike:

They will be similar to these, but replace the red in the center with Black Dots, the red welts with black, and the custom logo with the stock Fiero logo in silver metallic stitching.

* Vetter Style
* Dark Gray (outer & head-rest color) & (Black Dots inner color)
* NO "Up & Over"
* Color Welts (black)
* Fiero Logos (Metallic Silver thread)

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 06-17-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2015 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
J-Ray's Modified 87 GT UPDATES: Car left Ohio around 5:30 this evening and headed to Texas

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2015 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Argenta UPDATES: DOHC parts ready after powder coating.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2015 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
ReMera UPDATES: Got her back into the Fiero Cave...its time to get the rest of the interior back into her
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2015 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jim, pm sent ....
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2015 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ReMera UPDATES: Working on getting the interior completed this week....it will be a little here and a little there...between calls.

Cluster is ready now.
PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2015 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ReMera UPDATES: The (2) power 3-position oval rocker window switches from AutoLoc were not too hard to get wired.

But going from this 2013 Camaro power mirror switch

to Vitaloni Tornado mirrors

is going to take some time or maybe even some help.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 06-22-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2015 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
J-Ray's Modified 87 GT UPDATES: Well we lost a roof panel during delivery...someone forgot to bolt down the roof panel after re-installing it after painting.

So I had her delivered directly to one of my shops to have the car repaired and finished being put back together.

Was supposed to pickup a extra roof panel yesterday, but the rain prevented that from happening...soon hopefully soon.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2015 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ReMera UPDATES: Taking my time, but making progress on the interior.

N* Fiero UPDATES: Sold the Northstar to someone in Texas 175 miles south of here...not going far.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 06-26-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2015 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Argenta UPDATES: I am utilizing WithCo Battery Doctor Battery Life Preserver Automatic Battery Disconnect Switch.

I use the remote to turn off the battery...the only down fall is loosing memory in my infotainment deck...so I figured out the 2nd part of the solution.

I am going to hard wire a Wagan self re-charging Auto Jumper with AC Adapter input to my battery and it's output into my radio memory wire and ground...housing the unit in my G1 glove box.

I also ordered a Parking Brake Bypass switch for my infotainment deck.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 06-25-2015).]

pcgold

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2015 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I also ordered a Parking Brake Bypass switch for my infotainment deck.

Actually, all you have to do is wire it to ground. That's what the bypass switch does. Didn't have to buy it.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2015 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pcgold:

Actually, all you have to do is wire it to ground. That's what the bypass switch does. Didn't have to buy it.

That works on some of the decks, but this current deck...it didn't work...hence why I ordered this piece.

PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2015 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ReMera UPDATES: Taking my time, but making progress on the interior.

REAL nice job - Is the interior leather ?

By the way, sent you a pm ....
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2015 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I picked up the pin out for the mirror switch today when I picked up my Tahoe. I had to go into the shop and ask a tech for it, he was a cool guy and went on his computer and printed it out for me. I'll email it to you
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2015 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

I picked up the pin out for the mirror switch today when I picked up my Tahoe. I had to go into the shop and ask a tech for it, he was a cool guy and went on his computer and printed it out for me. I'll email it to you

Thanks Troy!

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2015 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012

Originally posted by PaulJK:

REAL nice job - Is the interior leather ?

By the way, sent you a pm ....

Thanks Paul! It is a really nice looking vinyl..but all trim pieces have been upholstered and I loving the final outcome as I am finishing her up!

PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2015 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
ReMera UPDATES: Replaced all the rear & side light sockets..they were dry rotted and a decent amount of corrosion on the metal.

J-Ray's Modified 87 GT UPDATES: New leather for both her steering wheel & shift knob.

PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2015 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i know you're reading my posts but i still don't know if you're reading your pm's .....
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2015 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
J-Ray Modified 87 GT UPDATES: I removed the replacement roof panel from the parts car with zero issue...need to get it over to the shop.
Got to love the hot TX sun...it made the roof panel as easy as butter to remove.
The sunroof seal is in almost near perfect condition as well once cleaned up...don't even have to mess with that

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 06-29-2015).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2015 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NON-Fiero UPDATES: My wife saw a 1994 240-SX Convertible that she had to have:

Found replacement parts for any or broken parts already today...some being shipped...some need to go pickup about an 75 min away.

Dash shell from Overlays to fix the crack in the top part of the dash:

BD TRIMS trim kit in black & red simulated carbon fiber:

Dying the carpet black (since no new carpet options on 1994 240SX) and black floor mats with red edging and "240 Spyder" embroidered in silver metallic thread.

Also ordered real Italian leather kit with RED stitching that just needs to be stretched and glued...so remove dash, shave edges of plastic on all wrapped corners, start from the center of the gauge pod apply small areas of glue and stretching and working the leather to a good fit till completed..upholstery for dummies setup ...then re-install. Follow same process for each piece.

The company is from the UK...so the examples are setup for right hand drive, but the 240 is literally just flipped...so they are inverting the pattern before cutting it out on several of the pieces.

The 1994 240sx is a bastard year and was only available in a Limited Edition Convertible ...so lets call it a S13.5...so what does that mean...a bunch of one off parts...such as the rear seats!
Just picked up a set of S15 (more modern 240SX) seats (bolt-in no mods).

So the upholstery will have to be custom and will be done locally.

It will be black leather with red stitching to match the rest.

I see SR20 or RB swap in this cars future...not until the KA engine dies.
Plan on getting her back to factory or better in the next month.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 07-06-2015).]

Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2015 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I might need a hood like yours.

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2015 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tweeter:

I might need a hood like yours.

Norm's FIberglass

http://normsfiberglass.com/fiero.html
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2015 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well since u picked up the 240 no reason to have the Rx7 now...I'll take it off ur hands..
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2015 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

Well since u picked up the 240 no reason to have the Rx7 now...I'll take it off ur hands..

Funny Guy!
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2015 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
Well it looks like we are getting close to getting our sets of G1 door panels

Here is the 1st one being wrapped up by Rob:

ReMera UPDATES: Scored a spare set of T-Tops for only $150.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 07-07-2015).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 33 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock