Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  OPIE's Fiero GTX Build (Page 19)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 33 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
OPIE's Fiero GTX Build by TXOPIE
Started on: 01-21-2013 10:48 PM
Replies: 1282 (73930 views)
Last post by: predmeister on 12-14-2021 02:05 PM
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2014 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been working on my own side "Pininfarina" driver's side badge for the side of my 328/ReMera:

Change the normal "DISEGNO DI" - Designed By to "ISPIRATO DI" - Inspired By and added the rest

I am going to start with this real one:
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
I am having mine printed on a thin aluminum sticker that will adhere to the original plate.

I also found this "PONTIAC" emblem that was originally for a G8 trunk...better than the tempest one I found (tempest one didn't sit correctly)

Since each letter is separate...I will need to make a template and space them out correctly.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 10-13-2014).]

IP: Logged
I FAR I

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2014 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I FAR ISend a Private Message to I FAR IEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

UPDATE: Just received the email from "Riceburner98" that I have been waiting for:

He just shipped my climate controls to me!

Wow, very cool........Does anyone know if these digital climate control units are still available?

Thanks.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2014 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ponitac !!!!!!

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2014 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Ponitac !!!!!!

This is what happens when it is late, you can't sleep and you have been under the weather for over a week....I never even noticed....LOL

Fixed now and re-posted at top

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 10-12-2014).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2014 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012

Originally posted by I FAR I:

Wow, very cool........Does anyone know if these digital climate control units are still available?

Thanks.

I am emailing Bob directly and see if he is still offering these units....if he states yes...then maybe we will start a group buy since I have had several people request lately.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2014 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Need to have the 328 Sanded down to get rid of the spider cracks...so will also need to get her repainted!
Since I am going with a GM/PONTIAC flavor by badging this a Pontiac Fiero "ReMera Edition" instead of a 328...I thought I would utilize a GM paint:

FLASH RED
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2014 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATES: Ordered new speakers all around including the sub-woofer from Rodney for Barbie.

I installed the NOS seats I picked up a few months back into Barbie and she looks great with brand new seats
I also have covered her dash trim plates in a carbon fiber wrap to cleanup the stained dot matrix panels...looks really good...will take and post pictures later.

Also here are pictures of BluDrm's new hood with it's hood vents being setup:

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 10-17-2014).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2014 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
Non-Fiero Update... 99 Miata:

The only punch list I wanted to do to the Miata to take it back to factory was the following:

* Replace speaks...they were blown...Bose system...so not so easy...only one after-market option:
Ordered Clearwater 8" Bose® Miata Door Speakers 1999-2005

* Replace power antenna...it was bent at the base.
Ordered Factory OEM power antenna

* Replace passenger side headlight....all fogged up.
Still need to located a good use one of these.
* Remove cassette DIN & Utilize the 16 pin plug on the back of the Radio/CD player single DIN...during those years they were separate components with a 16 pin interlink cable.

So I stop at Frys last night and picked up a few pieces to make my custom AUX input:

#1 of the Auxiliary Connector as being the RIGHT channel input and pin #3 as the LEFT channel input. This is the opposite of what is listed in a couple of the other links. The Pin Descriptions page has the correct information. Pin #1 is RIGHT and Pin #3 is LEFT.

Also thanks to the Pin Descriptions page, I discovered that Pin #9 on the 16-pin connector is +12v when the ignition key is in the ACC position. This makes it simple to "tap" the necessary +12v to route through a 1K ohm resistor, then through the new switch, and then on back to Pin #6. Flip the switch and the factory radio goes into "LINE" input mode. Sweet!

Before today, the most difficult part of this project was finding a way to connect the necessary wires to the 16-pin AUX connector. Well, thanks to a tip I read on the FAQ page, I discovered that Molex KK Housing & Terminals 8-Circuit Interconnects (normally used on PC boards) work PERFECTLY for this. You simply use a square of 3M mounting tape to piggyback two of the Molex connectors and you are home free. The double-decker home-brew 16-pin connector slides right into the back of the factory stereo like butter!

Here's a FRONT view of the two Molex KK Interconnects attached together with 3M foam tape. The wires will go out the back.

Left to Right:
  • The little snap off panel from the passenger side
  • 1/8" female stereo jack
  • SPST rocker switch

I mounted the rocker switch and 1/8" jack into the snap off panel.

The SPST rocker switch is wired across Pin #6 and Pin #9 on the 16-pin connector. A 1K ohm resistor was used in-line (it is hidden under the split loom protector).

The completed home made 16-pin connector:

I used shielded 3-conductor (2 wires plus a ground shield) cable to connect the audio lines:

I used a 1/8" stereo plug right-angle adapter to help prevent a passenger from accidentally knocking against the cable leading to my phone:

So for less than $15.00 I have now a nice & clean Aux Input that almost looks factory!

And for the ones that are wondering what I am going to do with that extra DIN where the cassette player use to sit:
* Single Din Pocket Kit w/Cup Holder Storage Box
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Picked up a set of panels that are becoming sort of rare:

Can't wait for them to get here, so I can clean them up and paint them
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2014 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New hood for blue is ready for prep and paint:
355Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2014 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 355FieroSend a Private Message to 355FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TXOPIE;

I bought one of those single DIN cup holders for my 308 replica as well. Came broken and had a heck of a time getting my money b ack from the seller. Went through PayPal so had to raise a complaint etc.

I will probably end up using it after all but I need to fix the tabs in the box that stop the cup holder and tray from coming out and both rtays stick when pulling out and pushing in so need to do a bit of work to it. Not a great part overall......

The phone link looks great.

Cheers
Don
PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2014 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 355Fiero:

TXOPIE;

I bought one of those single DIN cup holders for my 308 replica as well. Came broken and had a heck of a time getting my money b ack from the seller. Went through PayPal so had to raise a complaint etc.

I will probably end up using it after all but I need to fix the tabs in the box that stop the cup holder and tray from coming out and both rtays stick when pulling out and pushing in so need to do a bit of work to it. Not a great part overall......

The phone link looks great.

Cheers
Don

Don,

Mine did not come broken, but there is no mounting hardware and doesn't really seem to fit correctly...I will be looking for a substitute, but it was cheap!
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2014 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ReMera/328 UPDATE:

Received new lenses from EVM_Rob for the ReMera
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2014 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
ReMera Update:

Rear Turbo Intercool badge showed up in the mail:

Since she is going to have a 3.4 Turbo with an Intercooler in the next few weeks!
davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2014 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice stuff your stocking up on txopie. And that flash red is a kick ass color. Thanks for the updates.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2014 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Going with the GM Flash Red, I decided to invert the colors on my front "ReMera" badge:
kennn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2014 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kennnSend a Private Message to kennnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just curious. Do your hood vents interfere with the forward bulkhead behind the radiator? God job on the hood. It appears effective.

Ken
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2014 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kennn:

Just curious. Do your hood vents interfere with the forward bulkhead behind the radiator? God job on the hood. It appears effective.

Ken

NOPE..this as deep as we could make it before it interfered.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2014 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
Updates from Rob Amida on my dash for the ReMera:

Foam application of dash pieces.

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2014 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Time to order carpet and matching floor mats for the ReMera:

Stock Interiors - 854 - Buckskin:
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2014 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
My Pininfarnina badges came in yesterday:
This badge was OEM for a few Alfa Romeos and is composed of two pieces as you can see.
The 1st piece is the the plate itself and the 2nd is a dome sticker.
Here is quick photoshop mock up:
So I removed the dome sticker and have domelabels.com creating my own to replace the stock OEM

This badge was OEM for a few Alfa Romeos and is composed of two pieces as you can see.
The 1st piece is the the plate itself and the 2nd is a dome sticker.
So I removed the dome sticker and have domelabels.com creating my own to replace the stock OEM

And here is what the stock Ferrari 328 Pininfarnina badge looks like:

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 11-05-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2014 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sent the following Vector File Graphic off to Emblem Art to get 2 of these create (one for rear where the Ferrari Horse usually sits...like in picture below and one for front lower grill:
http://www.emblemart.com/chromeemblems.html

And this is the other rear badge that they are doing for me as well:

Size: 8.2 cm x 2.5 cm (3.25 inch x 1 inch)...all the white areas will be chrome.

Which will go right above this badge:

Size: 8.2 cm x 2.5 cm (3.25 inch x 1 inch)

These will replace the existing 308 / GTS badges like these:

Maybe something just like this:
and the front something like this:

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 11-25-2014).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2014 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 11-04-2014).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2014 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
ReMera UPDATE:

Finished up doing the Center Caps for the ReMera...just emailed them off to dome labels:

and the proof is already back:

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 11-05-2014).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2014 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Corrected Custom Pininafarina Proof back from domelabels already:

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 11-21-2014).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2014 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
ReMera UPDATE:

Ordered 12' strips of 1/2"x1/2"/1/16" Aluminum U Channel:

Will cut them to proper sizes and get them welded together, round the edges and replace the fiberglass one.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2014 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Front "ReMera" badges came in:

And here is one on a ReMera still in Primer:
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2014 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hope to see this beautiful car in december on my trip to Arlington TX ...
Danyel

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2014 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Hope to see this beautiful car in december on my trip to Arlington TX ...
Danyel

Danyel

That would be Awesome!
Let me know the dates and we can schedule some time...if the days fall correctly....it would be great to have you as a guest at the NTFC meeting as well!
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2014 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
Update from Rob Amida: My next G1 Dash is completed for the ReMera:

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2014 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE:

I just got back my proofs emailed to me from Emblem Arts and I gave them the green light to create them:

Pegasus for front lower grill and rear:

This will be all chrome...these will be cut clean to the shape of the Pegasus head.

ReMera Badge for the rear:

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 11-25-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2014 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE:

Custom ReMera / Pininfarina came in:

also the center caps for the rims:

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 11-21-2014).]

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2014 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

Danyel

That would be Awesome!
Let me know the dates and we can schedule some time...if the days fall correctly....it would be great to have you as a guest at the NTFC meeting as well!

Will be in Arlington from the Dec 23rd till the 31st
regards
Danyel
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2014 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE: My Custom Emblems have been cut and will be shipped Friday:

Bloozberry

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2014 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those look really nice TXOPIE.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2014 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE: Recieved my GT front air dam from member, 02greens10, who was clearing out some parts he had:

A little Lexol, 3 different grades of steel wool, a can of black PlatiDip, an hour of work and Wa-La:

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 11-28-2014).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2014 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ReMera UPDATE: She left the stable this morning and now is safe and sound in the hands (shop) of ProColor Fiberglass Repair of OK.

She will be back in three weeks...with her body restored to perfection and her 2013 GM Flash Red paint job!
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2014 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GENERAL UPDATE: Finally got my full size Powder Coating Oven!

It's about 5'x5'x5' in size.
240V required to run this of course
It has 4 oven broiler units in the bottom and a rolling rack mounted in the top.
It has a 2ft x 1ft double pirex glass viewing window on the side (which is pretty unique).

Ready to do some engine cradles
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2014 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BluDrm UPDATE:

Prepping the "Sport Front Suspension" with drop spindle options:
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2014 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
ReMera UPDATE:

Going to take an extra 88 cradle, all control arms, spindles, and front suspension crossover...media blast them clean & then Powder Coat them in Chromium...like caliper brackets below:
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 33 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock