Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  OPIE's Fiero GTX Build (Page 20)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 33 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
OPIE's Fiero GTX Build by TXOPIE
Started on: 01-21-2013 10:48 PM
Replies: 1282 (73930 views)
Last post by: predmeister on 12-14-2021 02:05 PM
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2014 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
General UPDATE: TOTALLY SCORED!

Picked up 3 Getrag 5-Speeds for only $200!
IP: Logged
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2014 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My Wife just order me a set of custom pool balls for my pool table in the Fiero Cave:

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2014 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just finished my custom image that will be transferred to my pool table felt:
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
With the same red on the side rails.

http://www.customtablefelt....-pool-table-felt.htm

Examples on the site:

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 12-04-2014).]

davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2014 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's cool ! Are you going to put the Fiero emblem where you set the rack our in the middle of the table?
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2014 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by davylong86:

That's cool ! Are you going to put the Fiero emblem where you set the rack our in the middle of the table?

Here is a quick PS of what it will look like:

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2014 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
Working on some Art for the walls in the Fiero Cave:

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2014 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ReMera UPDATE:

Badges arrived from EmblemArts:
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2014 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
BluDrm Update:

Going to try another set of headlights just for comparison...this set I just ordered from Rick at http://www.projectorretrofit.com/

I ordered a set of his "Original quad 60mm “Full Time Low”"

Full time low allows you to run both your lows and highs when you bright up. He highly recommend HIR bulbs in your high beams only for a perfectly balanced configuration (which I did).
This is an excellent system for foul weather driving. kit includes: two buckets, two Hella 60mm low beam projectors, two Hella 60mm high beam projectors, one dual relay harness, stainless adjusters, and instructions.
He use to Di-NOC them in Fiber Carbon and he just switched to Hydro-dipping...so they are being Hydro-dipped carbon fiber!

Can't wait to get them and install them
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2014 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Found another Deal I Couldn't Refuse:

This is a custom body inspired by the F Rossa.
It may not be everybody's cup of tea, but I like it!

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 12-09-2014).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2014 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The pool balls came in that my wife ordered for me, but not allowed to have them till X-Mas!

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2014 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

Found another Deal I Couldn't Refuse:

This is a custom body inspired by the F Rossa.
It may not be everybody's cup of tea, but I like it!

I always liked that car too.

Originally designed by Kenny Youngblood for the Action Jackson Movie. It was slightly redesigned & put into production as a kit or turn-key in about 1986 by Pacific Motorsports in CA.

Back in the olden days before the Interweb, people wanting to sell something had to design & publish brochures of their product & pass them or mail them out.

In my archives I have an original Brochure for this product. I scanned a copy for you.

BTW, back in '86 or '87 I went out to Pacific Motorsports & installed a L-98 engine into the red 'vert below.

Pacific Motorsports was a high end custom car shop in Anaheim. Building these kits was a small part of the shop work. When I was out there they had 7 of these Argenta's in the build process. They also had a bunch of other work including 3 original Cobras that they were refurbing for Shelby. That was actually the first time I met Shelby hisself.

Archie
PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2014 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

I always liked that car too.

Originally designed by Kenny Youngblood for the Action Jackson Movie. It was slightly redesigned & put into production as a kit or turn-key in about 1986 by Pacific Motorsports in CA.

Back in the olden days before the Interweb, people wanting to sell something had to design & publish brochures of their product & pass them or mail them out.

In my archives I have an original Brochure for this product. I scanned a copy for you.

BTW, back in '86 or '87 I went out to Pacific Motorsports & installed a L-98 engine into the red 'vert below.
Pacific Motorsports was a high end custom car shop in Anaheim. Building these kits was a small part of the shop work. When I was out there they had 7 of these Argenta's in the build process. They also had a bunch of other work including 3 original Cobras that they were refurbing for Shelby. That was actually the first time I met Shelby hisself.

Archie

Archie,

Hope you are enjoying Vegas. Very cool and thanks for sharing.
That is a piece of Fiero history I did not know and now will rename and Re-badge it correctly.

While I have your ear, I am going to need a new headliner for this one please and thank you.
Also do you have a replacement headliner for T-Tops?

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 12-08-2014).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2014 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie,

Hope you are enjoying Vegas. Very cool and thanks for sharing.
That is a piece of Fiero history I did not know and now will rename and Re-badge it correctly.

While I have your ear, I am going to need a new headliner for this one please and thank you.
Also do you have a replacement headliner for T-Tops?

I have a couple of non-sunroof headliners in stock.

I don't have a mold for the "T" top liners.

Archie
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2014 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cleaned up the brochure that Archie Posted for me...they utilized "Afton" font....took forever to figure out:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cleaned up!

And for the poster board at the shows next year:

Looks better uncompressed...as clean as each frame above

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 12-09-2014).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2014 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
Reviewing a copy of Action Jackson...which I haven't seen in sooo long!
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2014 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cleaned up the brochure that Archie Posted for me:

Cleaned up!

FYI, you know that the out of focus on some of the edges of a couple pics in the brochure was the way the brochure was made.

Archie
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2014 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

FYI, you know that the out of focus on some of the edges of a couple pics in the brochure was the way the brochure was made.

Archie

Understood...surprised they didn't use a star burst lens that was also so very popular at the time instead

It looks like they were going for the Dreamy / Fantasy photo effect..."Fulfill the Fantasy"

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 12-08-2014).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2014 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ReMera UPDATE: Front windshield seal for the new windshield arrived at the shop.

I also was speaking with the owner of the shop...Mike...and we decided to re-gel-coat the entire body to ensure longevity...want to do it right!
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2014 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ReMera UPDATES:

Working on getting the fiberglass body back to perfection:
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2014 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
My Argenta is now loaded and on its way to TX:

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2014 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
Barbie UPDATES:

Barbie has had her rear tail lights now upgraded to the new sequential LEDs, a set of the 17" FR-S Rims, and we have just trimmed down the fiberglass panels to a nice clean fit...we still need to paint and attach the plexi inserts:

JUST REALIZED...its been a BUSY DAY!

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 12-10-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2014 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ReMera UPDATES: The work continues

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2014 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Barbie UPDATE:

We have the plexi sitting correctly now:

Time to paint, assemble, and mount
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2014 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
ReMera UPDATES: The work continues.

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2014 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Argenta UPDATE:

She arrived safe and sound from Ohio:

More Pictures tomorrow during daylight!
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2014 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
Barbie UPDATE: Getting closer

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2014 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just picked up a interior trim kit for Barbie from BT Trims:

in real silver carbon fiber:
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2014 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just work out a deal with PFF member, Jimmy2s83, for his 1987 Pontiac Fiero SE DOHC 3.4, 5 speed Getrag transmission.

The swap was done a few years back by Ryan Gick of Sinister Performace. (DarthFiero)

Jimmy2s83 purchased it directly from him in August of 2013.

The swap was a new GM 3.4 DOHC. 0 Mile crate engine. Now the engine has roughly 20K on it since the swap. The transmission was rebuilt at the time of the swap.

Going to have Stephen Poe flip the motor and transmission with this one and my newly acquired Fiero Argenta.

I will then sell off this car with a 2.8 and repainted in the next 90 days.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 12-17-2014).]

dominic355

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2014 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dominic355Send a Private Message to dominic355Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice pick up...
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2014 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ReMera UPDATES: The work continues.

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2014 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012

Originally posted by dominic355:

Nice pick up...

Thanks Dominic...appreciated the photos of your current 328 Project...the trim looks really good.
PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2014 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Argetna Fiero UPDATE: Preparing parts for powder coating.

I also received the new cover:

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2014 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ReMera UPDATE: the work continues...a lot of sanding before we re-gel coat the entire body.

Barbie UPDATES: Here are the sail panels painted...will have them installed today.

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2014 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
ReMera UPDATES: More and more sanding:

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 12-20-2014).]

dominic355

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2014 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dominic355Send a Private Message to dominic355Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TXOPIE:

ReMera UPDATE: the work continues...a lot of sanding before we re-gel coat the entire body.12/IMG_2438_zpstfsoqmzh.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

I can barely recognize her anymore...

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2014 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dominic355:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TXOPIE:

ReMera UPDATE: the work continues...a lot of sanding before we re-gel coat the entire body.12/IMG_2438_zpstfsoqmzh.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

I can barely recognize her anymore...

Wait till she is completed and painted in that GM (2013) Flash Red...there will be no disappointments here

Since I am badge-ing and stylizing this car as a Pontiac Fiero "ReMera Edition"....I am also planning on replacing the exhaust tips in the rear with an extra set of Corvette C6 tips...adding a little dash of that GM flavor to the exterior.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 12-19-2014).]

dominic355

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2014 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dominic355Send a Private Message to dominic355Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wait till she is completed and painted in that GM (2013) Flash Red...there will be no disappointments here

Since I am badge-ing and stylizing this car as a Pontiac Fiero "ReMera Edition"....I am also planning on replacing the exhaust tips in the rear with an extra set of Corvette C6 tips...adding a little dash of that GM flavor to the exterior.

Good move, the Borla tips didn't fit the look.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2014 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Argenta UPDATE:

It is time for me to start thinking about updating the Argenta's interior.
While looking for inspiration, I found this very cool Corvette interior:

I am on working on a RED & EBONY (Red Stitching) color scheme for a G1 dash for the Argenta.

Something like this:

The gauge pods will have RED on the outer part of the pods...then EBONY on the smaller inner piece on the other side of the stitch lines (closest to the gauges themselves)

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 12-20-2014).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2014 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
Since the Argenta is completely unmolested and even has her perfect rims that were mounted when Pacific Motorsports transformed her to an Argenta.

Since the rims are so perfect...I think I may remove them and shelf them for now (for investment sake) and put the set of 18" Chrome Motegi wheels I picked from Jimmy2s83 with his car.

They would look something like this on the car:

Wow...that picture highlights how much I need another set of C6...they will make a large difference.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2014 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
Barbie UPDATES: almost there.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 33 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock