Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  OPIE's Fiero GTX Build (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 33 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
OPIE's Fiero GTX Build by TXOPIE
Started on: 01-21-2013 10:48 PM
Replies: 1282 (74023 views)
Last post by: predmeister on 12-14-2021 02:05 PM
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2013 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another Change to the plans...after reviewing somethings...a small design issue...the current shark fin style antenna will get in the way of the power sunroof slider...so I have opted for the following:

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
Pontiac G6 Original Roof Radio Antenna

I will be utilizing the following cable to extend the antenna front center roof rear through the cabin...under the dash to the back of the radio:

From there I need to utilize the following adapter convert to the old radio antenna style:

METRA 40-CR30 ~ FM MODULATOR INSTALLATION ANTENNA ADAPTER PACKAGE

It will connect up to one of two units...

first option is to dive directly into HP MIMOD:

MiMod HP Switches
MiMod uses the MiMod Sensor unit to Control up to 32 switching devices, Lights, Windows, Door Poppers, Wipers, Fans, and Actuators.. MiMod replaces those expensive panel switches with an easy to use touchscreen.
Try putting 32 toggle switches on your dash!

MiMod HP GPS Navigation
With Garmin Mobile PC turns MiMod into a full-featured navigator:
Route planning and turn-by-turn spoken directions
Automatic corrections if you stray off course
Searchable listings for hotels, ATMs, restaurants, shopping and more

MiMod HP Music Console
Load and listen to your favorite music within MiMod's Music Console. Share music from other devices as well. (Adapters might be required)

MiMod HP HD Radio
The Directed HD AM/FM tuner is possibly the best tuner AM/FM tuner you can add to your system for several reasons.
The unit is not only a HD tuner but it will also pickup traditional AM and FM signals.
The tuner connects directly to your factory antenna (standard Motorola connector) for superior reception.
The unit is completely external and can be mounted in a convent location.
HD radio sounds better then traditional broadcast signals. The sound quality of HD stations means that AM stations sound like regular FM stations, and HDFM sounds like a CD.

MiMod HP Backup Camera
Waterproof Universal Rearview Backup Camera with Wide Viewing Angle
120 Degree wide viewing angle
Die cast Metal housing
Small and compact design
Completely waterproof housing
Simple installation for installers
Reverse image
Color is black

MiMod HP Web Browser
Built in WIFI into each MiMod system. You can use your phone as an Internet AP (Access Point) and allow MiMod to have access to the web.
MiMod HP Guages
MiMod can use OBDLink SX Tool MiMod can display vehicle information. Things like Speed, RPM's Temp, and much more.. The information is based on what the OBDLink can access..

MiMod HP Security
We help keep your Beast Secure! Using the security feature in MiMod allows you to have a password to gain access to your switches and other MiMod tools.

MiMod HP Advance Systems
MiMod has many different configurations. What is listed above is what we define as a basic system. If your wanting or needing a fexible system to meet you vehicle needs MiMod is the answer. If you would like help in setting up a custom system please give us a call.

Now understand it is what I want in the end, but I know that I won't be utilizing the directconnect PCM functions right away any way....hmmmm decisions....decisions...oh..why the decision in the first place...?

MIMOD comes with a $2k price tag!...worth it, if you understand and utilize all its capabilities!

Option 2:

Car-Joy™ 8 inch double-din Android 4.0 /3G WIFI GPS Car dvd

♦.High definition digital panel(Pixel 800*480)
♦.8 inch Touch screen monitor
♦.steering wheel control function
♦.Built-in Bluetooth for mobile hands-free.
♦.Built in IPOD function
♦.PIP(picture in picture.)
♦.3D Rotating UI (slide from left to right and from up to down )
♦.Built in ATV ( ISDB,ATSC,DVB-T are optional )
♦.2-Zone function ,the 2 program can be setting differently
♦.Built in GPS function
♦.Radio receiving: FM/AM can be stored 32 stations. RDS is available .
♦.USB/SD card port: support MP4,DIVX,JPEG,MP3 and WMA playback
♦.Car backing display: Car reverse camera input (switch automatically)
♦.Language of OSD menu with DVD:Chinese,English,French,German,Italian,Spainish,Portuguese,(Thailand,Japanese)
♦.Operation menu of language: Simplified Chinese,Traditional Chinese,English,Russian,Italian,Turkish,Japanese,German,French,Portuguese,Arabic,Portuguese
♦.AV output/input :2 video out, 4audio output, 2video input ,2 audio input
♦.Subwoofer output
♦.Compatible with DVD,DVD-R,DVD-RW,HDVD,DVCD,MP3,MP4,CD-R,CD-RW,VCD,DIVX,WMA etc.
♦.Maximal power:4X50W maximum power output
CPU: MSTAR 776multi-media processor, main frequency exceeds 533MHz
Memory/FLASH: 128MB
Operation system: Android 4.0 (ICS)...enabling every android application known to man!
SD Card: Support double hi-speed SDHC(32G) card
USB: support USB HOST, USB pen readable

Price: $500.00

Both units have the ability to utilize the 2nd attena area off the G6 roof antenna for GPS
Please share thoughts why i should go one way or the other

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 02-04-2013).]

IP: Logged
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2013 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GREAT NEWS!

Rob's G1's are ready!

He is a true artist!

Can't wait to get mine!
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2013 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

As far as the steering wheel...I let you in on an untapped area for some very cool steering wheels...the boating industry! I also am into motor & sailboats.

The steering wheel is made by UFLEX.

I'd be REAL careful with that - i'm guessing that a boat wheel is not made to auto crash standards. Hate to see it break, crack or shatter in a collision.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2013 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
these units are built to higher standards then the millions of Grant Steering wheels. I am an avid sailor and have built and raced boats for over 15 years.
This is not a cheap low end Bayliner type unit! But thank you for your thoughts and concerns. Valid point, if I had not already done my homework.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 02-05-2013).]

PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2013 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Both units have the ability to utilize the 2nd attena area off the G6 roof antenna for GPS
Please share thoughts why i should go one way or the other

i don't keep up much with car stereo stuff (only what i read here at PFF), but Pioneer's AppRadio looks like the way to go. it's priced waaaay lower than the 2 you have above and you can get an App and hardware to show OBD2 data on the screen. i'm not exactly how important the phone connection is, other than to load the apps(?). Maybe you wanna check it out (?)

http://www.pioneerelectroni.../ch.AppRadio.Compare

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 02-05-2013).]

PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2013 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PaulJK

6638 posts
Member since Oct 2001

these units are built to higher standards then the millions of Grant Steering wheels. I am an avid sailor and have built and raced boats for over 15 years.
This is not a cheap low end Bayliner type unit! But thank you for your thoughts and concerns. Valid point, if I had not already done my homework.

cool. Will the splines line up / slide onto the fiero column ? i really like that wheel

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 02-05-2013).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2013 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately it is running an older version of android that has no upgrade path and it doesn't have a dual core processor. At this point...the units I am look at ...are more PC than radio...radio is just a software function. These units from Japan...which are only $500 buck...can do a lot more and are upgrade-able to Jelly Bean..Android latest and greatest OS!

Also forgot to mention...all those cool functions above...are nothing but software running on an older OS and slower PC basically...I actually already have a copy of the software demo'ed above...that I could install on my unit...it would just run cleaner and faster.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 02-05-2013).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2013 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
It connect with a grant or NRG (which is what I would suggest...half the width and better design) hub...but screws directly like a grant would...behind that nice clean center cover...aerospace grade metal behind that pretty foam cover!
PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2013 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Unfortunately it is running an older version of android that has no upgrade path and it doesn't have a dual core processor. At this point...the units I am look at ...are more PC than radio...radio is just a software function. These units from Japan...which are only $500 buck...can do a lot more and are upgrade-able to Jelly Bean..Android latest and greatest OS!

Also forgot to mention...all those cool functions above...are nothing but software running on an older OS and slower PC basically...I actually already have a copy of the software demo'ed above...that I could install on my unit...it would just run cleaner and faster.

Does the PC version have a way to do the OBD2 hook-up? The AppRadio uses this one:

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2013 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are several flavors of that device...I prefer a hard-wired USB to ODBII. This is just the connection...with this piece...I allows me several different option in software to run and utilize.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2013 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
Was busy updating my VM Ware certifications this past weekend, so I did not get a lot completed on the car.

I was able to work on the PCM a little bit:

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 02-13-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2013 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't wait to see this at one of the Texas meets!! Looks like this thing will have more options than my 2010 DD.

Ben
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2013 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Marine1981...Thanks...I will definitely be making the rounds this spring & summer if all goes as planned!

I had the option to go and purchase a really nice high-end car, but decided I still wouldn't be getting what I really wanted.

So I decided to take the same money I would have spent on a Porsche or G37s Infinity and have put it into this Fiero.

I wanted to keep the majority of the Fiero lines, but upgrade all the mechanical and electronics to bring it up to current day technology.

So I started creating a spreadsheet of the options I wanted to include and started figuring out how I was going to implement them.

I then started also reviewing how to improve or incorporate someone else's improvements into her as well.

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2013 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
UPDATES: Pictures for the archives...since we are about to re-assemble the interior and exterior.

PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2013 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

... we are about to re-assemble the interior and exterior.

PM sent
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2013 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

OK...Just in case anyone is not aware of where the Dash is coming from.

It is one of Rob / Amida's newly produced Gallardo inspired dash...the G1
( thank you Rob...less than 2 years later and he produced exactly what I asked for )

Pricing for the do-it-yourself parts kit will be set tentatively at us$1599.00 + s&h.

Trimming, prep & upholstery are optional.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2013 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
UPDATE...got the black power switch in the mail finally:

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2013 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
UPDATE...just received the plastic AC condenser shroud pieces that I was missing from member "Rick Vanderpool"...thanks :

Now I need to go and order the tar-paper replacement pieces from Rodney:

and if I am ordering that one, I might as well order this one as well:

Austrian Import

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2013 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amida, I knew your dash was going to look good, but daaaam!!!

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2013 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Austrian Import...you stop following Rob's build for awhile...were watching actively months ago!
Austrian Import

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2013 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, I haven't been following his thread as closely as I used to. I remembered what we say in Austria: Gut Ding braucht Weile Figured if I'll wait a while he'll have a completed dash to show off. What's the status on the door panels? Will there be door panels?

_____

I think I posted somewhere on here about the AppRadio 2. I really like the concept. If you use ARliberator, and look on the appradio forums you can completely unlock it and controll your whole cell phone with it, not just approved apps.

Based on a bit of browsing on the forums for Appradio, you really want to pair it with an Android (or iPhone) cell phone. The unit is basically best used as just a remote controlled touch screen for your phone. It shouldn't do a whole lot of thinking on it's own. Once they drop down to $200 I'll probably pick one up as they are easier to handle than a Cell phone in a car, due to a larger screen.

You need version 2 for Android support. I'm not quite sure what other limitations (besides smaller screen, and buggy processor) version 1 has. I was actually surprised no Appradio 3 was announced at CES this year. All they said is that most Pioneer Double DIN headunits will now support Appradio functionality.

The other option is a Nexus 7 for $200, but then you have to figure out amplifiers, or something to go from the 3.5mm of the RCA to something with volume control which on the high end could look like:

Here is some (possibly outdated) info on the Audison Bit One. There are probably less expensive versions of this with less functionality, since a casual google search reveals Bit One's to be $699.

[This message has been edited by Austrian Import (edited 02-06-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2013 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE:

UPS just dropped a package from Archie:

It's a new fiberglass headliner!

Thanks Archie!

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2013 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
UPDATE...just answered my PM back to Rob / Amida in regards to my G1 inteior ...the ball is ROLLING!

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 02-07-2013).]

Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2013 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want that interior.....
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2013 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE:

Dash LED lights just showed up...thanks UPS Man!

Boy things sure seem a lot larger online!

nosrac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2013 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Are you going to add some go fast and look good parts?

I can't stay out of my engine bay and that's why my car isn't finished yet.

It will clean up very nicely, to match the rest of the car.

[This message has been edited by nosrac (edited 02-08-2013).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2013 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Playing with ideas still for door skins...since rob stated he still may do a set...so thinking what I could for short term...

This is just a starting point for one option.

I would replace the lower carpet with member "Russ88TTop" new lower door skins with a diagonal like this:

But in the black suede that he offers....same one I am having him do my headliner and visors in to match...just like these:

Then have him wrap in black with blue stitching my arm rests, shifter and e-brake boots:

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2013 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
nosrac..sorry I missed your call earlier this week!

But to answer your question...yes!

I had been putting off swapping out the wiring harness...because its the one thing that Todd at his shop screwed up so BAD!
But I decided to dive into it two nights ago.

I spent most of last night re-patching the internal harness...why he felt it necessary to cut into it...have no idea!

Will add photos tomorrow to show the work...

No I still need to remove the remaining of the back & lower connections of the old harness...once all removed...I think I am going to disconnect the remainder & drop the cradle and engine/tranny onto a rolling pallet..I want to cleanup a bunch...spit polish! I also need to remove all the extra stock components that are not really needed. Add power steering pump back into the pulley mix...in prep for power steering from Chris at West Coast.

With the engine dropped it will allow me to re-arrange a few things, repaint and re-insulate to a nice new clean factory look!

ALSO...more to come later, but I found a guy in DFW that is by trade a stainless steel repairman, he doesn't have only the ability to make a sub-zero look brand-new from FUBAR....he is going to do a few pieces to dress up and clean up the engine bay...including a custom cover for the firewall.

In about 3 weeks when I put the engine/tranny/cradle back in...

I will relocate coils to a custom bracket in the front passenger side area of the engine bay, paired with custom cut spark plug wires, install oil cooler & steel braided fuel lines, and install the power steering up front as well.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2013 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nosrac..sorry I missed your call earlier this week!

But to answer your question...yes!

I had been putting off swapping out the wiring harness...because its the one thing that Todd at his shop screwed up so BAD!
But I decided to dive into it two nights ago.

I spent most of last night re-patching the internal harness...why he felt it necessary to cut into it...have no idea!

?
With the engine dropped it will allow me to re-arrange...

In about 3 weeks when I put the engine/tranny/cradle back in...?

I will relocate coils to a custom bracket in the front passenger side area of the engine bay,... and install the power steering up

Wait...since when did you become so mechanical?
I thought you were a computer guy???
Hot damn, hell done froze over...lol.

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2013 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NOSRAC,

Actually its not that I am not mechanically inclined...it was that I sold off all my tools 20 years ago. I restored my first ground up restoration on my first car a true 1964 1/2 Ford Mustang GT...3 speed Hurst shifter on the floor paired with a 289 Hi-Pro. I have restored several classics in my early years and did a complete SR20 (redtop) swap into a 91 240sx before there were any kits available around 1998. The SR20 would have been the last car project I have had my hands on...so its more been like 15 years, not 20.

There were several reasons I brought my car to Todd originally...no tools, no room to work on her, and there was welding involved...I can't weld ...still on my list to learn and master...maybe when I retire?

But once Todd royally screwed things up and me...I decided the only way to get things the way that I want them is to do it myself. Since I was going to do it myself (at least mostly) I was going to go through her with a fine tooth comb.

I only wanted to have to restore her once in the next 20 years...don't plan on selling her!

So I have slowly been rebuilding my collection of tools as needed and just working on sections at a time.

I basically stripped everything off of her internally and externally. Sanded, scrubbed, removed any visual signs of rust any where in or on the car (even the swinging doors inside the HVAC units)...chemically treated any areas that
had been exposed to rust...let that sit for about a month while working on other parts. Once I was sure all rust had successfully been killed...I put several nice coats of black rust-o-luem on the entire thing to lock in and protect the metal from the elements...even the little metal doors inside the HVAC unit.

Have new AC Condenser in route and should be here by Wednesday.

With that I will be installing the new condenser, radiator, restored plastic shrouds with new splash guards from Rodeny.

I also have one of the newer bigger brake booster in route that should be here early this week as well. I am going to upgrade the master brake cylinder at the same time.

Last night I order 40' of 1/0 welding cable. to finish up re-doing the remote battery correctly.

I will be running two pieces of PVC a couple on feet on both sides of the gas tank above the gas tank support rails to run the wires through.

I also am adding a NRG voltage stabilizer and ground distribution block at the same time.

I also finally order my new Battery: DYNA-BATT last night as well!

Will be utilizing the following screw down posts:

And these for to connect that 1/0 AWG welding cable to the battery:

TSUNAMI
* BLUE DIGITAL VOLTAGE DISPLAY
* Bright Nickel Plated (chrome look)
* Positive & negative battery terminal pair
* 1ea 1/0 AWG, 1ea 4 AWG and 2ea 8AWG
* INCLUDES CLEAR PLASTIC COVER

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2013 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
Still playing with G6 Sedan inner door panels... studying the fronts and the backs to see how difficult.

PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2013 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Preparig the power steering pump to be re-installed:

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Getting so Excited about the new G1 dash from Rob:

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 02-11-2013).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
Preparing to ship Rob the need parts for my G1 dash :

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
Just got the OK and $ for also wrapping the center armrest piece in the same material with blue stitching...so I need to box this up and ship as well:

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
UPDATE: Decision made on the head-lights after member "85SEnochie" PhotoShop'd up my two debated options...going with updated pop-ups. I like the look of them down too much to loose it with the other option:

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2013 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE...will clean up all the errors with the picts...just re-organized my Photobucket folders...so need to re-link all photos...sorry!
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2013 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
UPDATE: Battery Cabling showed up via FEDEX:

1/0 cable:
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2013 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE:

This project is about to be pushed into Overdrive! I had member "MstangsBware" / Steven give me a shout-out on my phone last night.
He has agreed to help me finish up all the mechanical work.
Two sets of hands are always better than one set!
And it sure won't hurt to have an expert like Steven that has more hours logged than most of us.

This weekend's Projects:

Install Bigger Brake booster & new master cylinder

Install black painted PVC pipes under the car on each side of the tank for the 1/0 AWG battery wire to run in for the remote battery.
Install new DYNA-BATT and run new 1/0 AWG battery wiring setup.

Install new AC condenser & 3 core aluminum radiator & all shrouds & splash guards.

Then Re-install the radiator fan.

So by the middle of march if all goes to plan...I should have the following completed:

Relocate Air filter to quarter panel area.
New wiring harness & PCM replacement installed.
SS Fuel Lines installed.
Rob / Amida new G1 Dash installed.
Corvettee C4 Sport Seats with new black leather & blue stitching
New interior headliner & trim pieces installed.
Power-steering Pump re-installed with a new West Coast Fiero's full-time power steering kit.

Then by mid-April I will have the following completed:

New HUB BEARING ASSEMBLIES (Will do Barbie's at the same time in prep for the drive to Indy...don't want a 25 year old hub locking up on my wife on that trip!)
New 12" Brake UPGRADE
New Sport Front Suspension from AMS
New Rear Bump-Steer Kit now from AMS

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2013 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
UPDATE: Ordering a 87-88 Gen 2 Headlight Wire Harness & Rebuilt Motor Upgrade for her since she has the old worn out Gen 1 setup:
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 33 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock