Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  OPIE's Fiero GTX Build (Page 16)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 33 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
OPIE's Fiero GTX Build by TXOPIE
Started on: 01-21-2013 10:48 PM
Replies: 1282 (74021 views)
Last post by: predmeister on 12-14-2021 02:05 PM
fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2014 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love the front nose badge.
IP: Logged
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2014 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fierogtlt1...Glad you like...I think it turned out well.

Also here is an early preview of the new website...using a lot of stock images for now...we will update them with our own as we go.

http://www.fierofantasyconcepts.com/
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2014 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just checked out the site,Looks great!

Good luck....
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2014 03:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The website looks great.
Are you going to make a Facebook page for your business too?
I recently started a business page but it needs some work.

https://www.facebook.com/pa...7267721486541?ref=hl
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2014 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogtlt1:

The website looks great.
Are you going to make a Facebook page for your business too?
I recently started a business page but it needs some work.

https://www.facebook.com/pa...7267721486541?ref=hl

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback so far. Fierogtlt1...Yes I will get a Facebook page up in the next week.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2014 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
ReMera Update:

Jerry dropped his 3.4 Turbo yesterday:
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Need to arrange pickup and delivery today
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2014 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
UPDATES:

Still working on BluDrm's interior:

And the 1st roof panel from the new molds installed:
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2014 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BluDrm UPDATES:

Above the HVAC control and below the radio...have a space that was left for toggle switches and such:

I will be utilizing this VW B3 power mirror switch (30mmx30mm) mounted dead center of the plate:

&
and two of these rocker switches on each side (each switch is 27mm x 27mm):

Also reworking the power lock's actuator's location because of the Quicksilver door panels:

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 06-05-2014).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2014 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BluDrm UPDATES:

Going to mount my front hood release here on the floor...still need to carpet the cable:

Also figured out that with the recovering of the center console...need to trim a little of the door back...so will trim and send back to Russ to rework or recover if needed:
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2014 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
UPDATE:

Jerry's 3.4 Turbo is scheduled to be delivered in about a week via R L CARRIERS

Here is video Jerry sent me before he dropped the engine:

http://s1086.photobucket.co...zps108985bc.mp4.html

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 06-06-2014).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2014 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BluDrm UPDATES:

Fix the rear center cap issues finally this morning:

PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2014 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
BluDrm UPDATES:

More work on the interior.

fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2014 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im confused....whats the turbo 3.4 going in?

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2014 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fireboss:

Im confused....whats the turbo 3.4 going in?

Fireboss...it is looking like the 3.4 Turbo will be going into the 88GT restoration and upgrade with the "ReMera" body installed, but 1st we are going to document and measure everything so we can reproduce the engine as many times as we like.

Hope this helps!
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2014 02:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love the interior.. whats going on with the shift surround piece and where it mates to the center console?

Will this be forsale when finished?

Enjoying all the pics.
fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2014 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

Fireboss...it is looking like the 3.4 Turbo will be going into the 88GT restoration and upgrade with the "ReMera" body installed, but 1st we are going to document and measure everything so we can reproduce the engine as many times as we like.

Hope this helps!

Cool ,thanks

Whats the numbers on the engine...HP/TK
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2014 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steel:

Love the interior.. whats going on with the shift surround piece and where it mates to the center console?

Will this be forsale when finished?

Enjoying all the pics.

Steel...That piece is not fully mounted as of yet...we still needed to adjust the heated seats & power window control wires that feed through that area where the old stock lighter was originally located. It will sit flush once we secure it down correctly.

As far as BluDrm being for sale...sorry...the 1st Pegasus Edition Fiero stays in my stable and will be part of the Demos for out customers to be able to check out a finished product.

Now with that said, we can build you a very similar vehicle with your own personal touches if interested. Let me know.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 06-08-2014).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2014 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 06-09-2014).]

fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2014 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cool ,thanks

Whats the numbers on the engine...HP/TK

Gonna keep asking

Also have you mocked up the HVAC controls you got from riceburner

[This message has been edited by fireboss (edited 06-10-2014).]

nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2014 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Awww Jeah, this is right down the street from me.....

You guys open for business yet?
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2014 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

Awww Jeah, this is right down the street from me.....

You guys open for business yet?

Yes Sir! and we are starting to get busy...stop in and say hello to my partner, Caesar.

The entire shop is filled with Fieros...well excluding my 93 R1 RX7 that is there to be repainted...it is getting fit in between all the Fiero projects.

Going to try and make it to the next NTFC meeting with a completed BluDrm...as long as work doesn't get in the way....fingers crossed!

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 06-11-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2014 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Gonna keep asking

Also have you mocked up the HVAC controls you got from riceburner

Fireboss....sorry for the delay in response...been busy to say the least and didn't mean to skip your question.
We haven't gotten the 3.4 Turbo over to the Dyno as of yet, but soon as do....I will post.

In regards to riceburner's HVAC controls...waiting on new custom plate for G1 dash that has the template cut directly into the plate...so only the buttons are revealed through the plate.
I have also reached out to riceburner seeing if we can purchase these from him in bulk....if we can get it arrange...we will integrate them into all our builds.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2014 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
We did a little powder coating yesterday:
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2014 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
And now for step two of the powder coating:

and NICE!
fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2014 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2014 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More powder coating:

Now onto the LED tail lights:
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2014 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BluDrm UPDATES:

Fix the rear center cap issues finally this morning:

TXOPIE how much did you shave off and what did you use to do the cutting ?

i need to do exactly this for the same problem.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 06-12-2014).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2014 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is the process...went through about 4 blades doing it:

I oiled the end with 50W and using a bi-metal blade, I cut off about 3/8":

I then went back and chamfered the edge with a disk wheel.

I left them on the car for the procedure. If you dis-assemble first, put some scrap nuts on as a backer and when you take them off, it will clean the threads. (worked perfectly)

And need to give credit to these steps...where credit is due...these steps came from member "RCR"...thanks Bob!

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 06-12-2014).]

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2014 06:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here is the process...went through about 4 blades doing it:

I oiled the end with 50W and using a bi-metal blade, I cut off about 3/8":

I then went back and chamfered the edge with a disk wheel.

I left them on the car for the procedure. If you dis-assemble first, put some scrap nuts on as a backer and when you take them off, it will clean the threads. (worked perfectly)

And need to give credit to these steps...where credit is due...these steps came from member "RCR"...thanks Bob!

5 blades???

Bob
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2014 02:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATES: Sorry Everyone...not too many updates that past few days...we are actually pushing my 93 R1 RX7 through the shop.
My wife wanted to have it painted a Candi Rootbeer color. We also cleaned up all the dings, moved the antenna to the roof, some tech upgrades and are covering the interior plastic in real carbon fiber.

Candi paints are PIA to paint with...we are doing all the underside and hardware first removed from the car...then we will reassemble the car and shoot the last two coats all at once to get that even flow.

http://s1086.photobucket.co...txopie/slideshow/RX7
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2014 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATES:

We are finishing stripping down the 88 T-Top and 88 formula (which is being prepped to be a "Medusa" build):

Also snagged the last set of Grey tinted side windows from Rich...these will probably be the last set of Grey tint for quite some time if ever again.
We are working on a regular supply of the green glass ones for our builds. We are also looking into getting new sunroof glass produced.

Just got a text from Jerry...my new 3.4 Turbo is loaded on the truck and headed for TX....Yea Haw!

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 06-16-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2014 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2014 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
ReMera Update:

A nice new working Key lock and machines push button door opener:
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2014 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATES:

BluDrm is getting exhaust re-worked today. Removing the Spintech and replacing with a Borla. Adding a catalytic converter and C6 tips as well...pictures later today.

ReMera #1 UPDATE: The 1st ReMera body is almost finished being mounted and prepped for paint.
The chassis was addressed before the re-body, but next week it will be time to start finishing rebuilding her mechanically.
So yesterday I started ensuring we had all the needed parts to complete the build quickly...so ordered a few odds & ends: aluminum 3-core radiator,
Genuine Delphi BM10009 HVAC Blower Motor and Fan Assembly heater core, door strikers, carpet & floor mats...think all I have left on the list is fiberglass headliner left.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2014 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
BluDrm UPDATE: Ordered my personalized plate today...should show up at the county tax office in about 3 weeks...paper plate till then:
davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2014 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man, even your plates look good.Our plates in IL are boring.If you get the classic car ones they come in a burnt pee color.Glad to see your shop is doing well.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2014 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BluDrm UPDATE: Since BluDrm is really the 1st of our "Pegasus Edition" Fieros.
I am not only sharing BluDrm's front badge, but also the badge that will be utilized on all our Pegasus Edition builds.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2014 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012

Originally posted by davylong86:

Man, even your plates look good.Our plates in IL are boring.If you get the classic car ones they come in a burnt pee color.Glad to see your shop is doing well.

Davy...you don't even know the half of it...check it out...150 options...TX is spoiled:

http://www.myplates.com/
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2014 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
Medusa Update:

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2014 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BluDrm UPDATES:

A trip 3 blocks down to the performance muffler shop...she still won't be legal to drive until she gets her inspection tomorrow and then finally registered!
She would have been ready but have been making last minute tweaks which have delayed us a little bit. But my partner has said we are putting a stake in the ground on Blu for now...I will do upgrades periodically over the next year, but we have cars to produce and it is time to get my personal stuff out of there to make room for the orders we are getting.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 33 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock